Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Dreams ❯ Chapter 13 ( Chapter 13 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: Still don't own them.
 
Chapter 13
 
 
Harry sat nervously outside the Hokage's office. He'd been sitting there for twenty minutes already and had been steadily getting more and more nervous. He looked up as the secretary cleared her throat.
 
“The Hokage will see you now.” Harry nodded, stood and then entered the office. He gave a small bow.
 
“Hokage.”
 
“Harry. Congratulations on passing and the beginning of your shinobi career. Now, obviously since you didn't graduate with an Academy class we have to find some other way to place you with a team. I have come up with a solution to this. You will be joining Team 7 under Kakashi. You already know your teammates and get along with them so that won't cause any problems. Plus it will enable them to take more missions since they have had to cut back when one team member has been receiving training from the personal sensei. Having an older presence on the team will also help them mature a bit. At least, I hope you haven't picked up Kakashi's disgusting habits?” Harry smiled.
 
“No ma'am. Actually I think he's getting sick of my stealing his books and resetting all of his clocks.” Tsunade laughed at the mischievous look on his face.
 
“Impressive. Any questions?” Harry paused to think about it.
 
“Not at the moment ma'am. Itachi actually had a suggestion that is worth mentioning thought it could bring more attention then I really want.”
 
“Oh?” Tsunade frowned slightly at the mention of the missing-nin but didn't say anything else. As long as Harry stayed loyal she couldn't really do anything.
 
“He suggested I claim my magic as a bloodline if needed.” She thought about it.
 
“Not a bad idea in theory.”
 
“Magic is simply manipulating a different type of energy to chakra so it is plausible I guess.” Harry shrugged.
“I don't plan on really using it unless I have to though.” She nodded.
 
---------------------------
Harry leant against the bridge rail, lost in thought. Today was his first day as an official member of Team 7 and he was nervous. His having the occasionally spar with and watching them was different to actually being part of the team.
 
“Good morning Harry.” He looked up and smiled at Sakura.
 
“Good morning Sakura. Looking forward to training or missions?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“Because you get to spend time with Sasuke?” She blushed and opened her mouth to retort but he beat her too it.
“You should be a shinobi only because it is what you want to do with your life, not because you think it will cause a boy to like or notice you. Getting yourself killed because you're too boy crazy to fully pay attention or train properly only puts others in danger as well and is a stupid reason to die. You've known Sasuke how long? Has he ever done anything to make you believe he feels anything more than friendship for you? Think hard about it. I know what its like to be in his place, with girls and boys forever chasing after you, its not a nice place to be. Stop being just another obsessed fan girl and just be his friend. If it's meant to happen it will happen but really, you're only fourteen. Wait a few years before trying to get stuck in a relationship, it'll be better in the long run.” Sakura stared at him in shock before turning and walking away, lost in thought.
 
“Thank you.” Harry smiled at Sasuke as the teen revealed himself.
 
“No problem, like I said, I know what its like. Hopefully what I said will get through to her and she'll give you some space, at least for a few years.” Harry shrugged as Sasuke joined him at the rail.
 
“Where are you from?” The sudden question caught him off guard.
 
“Far, far away.”
 
“We know nearly nothing about you and yet the Hokage was quick to trust you.”
 
“Was she? Why do you think I live with Kakashi and helped at the Academy when you were away on missions? It was to keep me under watch.”
 
“And yet now you are a shinobi of the leaf.” Sasuke pointed out.
 
“It wasn't my idea. I've been fighting for so long, I just want to live in peace. The Hokage knows everything Sasuke; she pushed me to become a genin so that I would have to stay here. It's funny but in the brief time I've been here this place has become more of a home to me then anywhere else ever has.”
 
“You aren't really a traveller that was attacked by bandits.” Sasuke stated and Harry smiled.
 
“No, I'm not. Maybe one day you'll find out exactly who and what I am. But you are not ready yet.”
 
“Naruto knows.” Harry didn't answer since the previously mentioned shinobi had just appeared. Harry grinned at the change in the other genin's wardrobe. There wasn't a single bit of orange in his entire outfit to Sasuke and the just returned Sakura's shock.
 
“Naruto?”
 
“Hay Sakura! Sasuke. The clothes are great Harry! Thank you so much!” Harry managed to catch the blond missile and stay on his feet, barely.
 
“You're welcome. Don't forget to thank Iruka too, he helped me.” Naruto nodded enthusiastically.
 
“Are you going to train with us today or just watch?” Naruto asked.
 
“Harry will be joining us on our mission today since he is the fourth member of Team 7.” Kakashi stated as he finally arrived, but only an hour late. He shot a glare at Harry for somehow changing his clocks again. The changes were by random amounts so he couldn't figure out the pattern and simply show up late. Some days he was on time, others he was anywhere from a few minutes to one and a half hours late but never any more than that thanks too Harry's intervention. The teen smirked in return. Hey, what do you expect form the son of a Marauder?
 
“Yeah! Harry's on our team!!” Harry grabbed Naruto before he could jump around too much. Kakashi looked at the other two members of his team and then to Harry who shook his head slightly. Kakashi nodded and they headed off.
 
-----------------------------
“How did it go?” Kakashi smiled at Iruka's question. The teacher hadn't even looked up from the papers he was grading.
 
“Well. They seem to have accepted him, especially Naruto.” Iruka looked up and smiled.
 
“I really doubted Naruto would complain about his aniki being on his team.” Kakashi raised an eyebrow.
 
“Harry's never really had a family, neither had Naruto. Is it really that surprising that Harry would take him under his wing?”
 
“Guess not. Looks like he's started with Sasuke too.” Kakashi leant on the edge of the desk, bending down to claim a kiss and smiling as Iruka blushed slightly.
 
“His past is a mixture of theirs really. He's been hated and fawned over so if anyone can understand them its Harry.”
 
“It won't be pretty when Sasuke eventually learns of Harry's relationship with Itachi though.” Kakashi pointed out.
“You finished yet?” Iruka shook his head.
 
“Sorry, looks like I'm going to be at this most of the night.” He smiled at the pout he could see behind Kakashi's mask.
“I'll be free tomorrow night?” The pout turned into a smile.
 
“Then I'll see you then.” Kakashi raised his mask enough for a proper kiss and then vanished, leaving Iruka to finish his work in peace. The teacher sighed and sat back in his chair. Just what was he doing getting involved with Kakashi of all people. The man was a chronically late pervert of all things. He didn't even know what he looked like! Was he looking to get his heartbroken or what? But he seemed so sincere. Iruka groaned, so much for his concentration.
 
----------------------------
Harry dodged a blow and lashed out with his own only to have it dodged and to suddenly find himself staring up at the sky. He groaned quietly and decided he was too comfortable to move.
 
“You're improving.” Harry shot his companion a glare.
 
“Tell that to my body, I ache all over.” Itachi chuckled earning himself another glare.
 
“So, how was your day?” Harry shot him a look and then sat up.
 
“I think Sakura's mad at me after I told her to leave Sasuke alone and to pretty much grow up. Sasuke thanked me but is suspicious since I'm so secretive about my past. Naruto's just too happy that I'm part of their team now. He dragged me out for Ramen to celebrate, I've decided I hate the stuff.” Itachi laughed.
 
“Thanks for getting her off his back even if it's only for a while. I've never envied him the hordes of girls chasing him.”
 
“No problem, as I told Sasuke I know what its like. I think I've almost got the portkey idea worked out. I can drop it on a mission that takes us out of Konoha and then tell you where to find it that night. I'll hide it with magic so that only you can see it. I'll make it a two way so you can get back to where you were as well.”
 
“Sounds good. When can we test it?”
 
“When we're given a mission. Don't think they want me wandering the countryside just yet.”
 
“It is understandable, frustrating but understandable.” Harry just snorted and Itachi pulled him into his arms. They'd trained enough for the night.
 
“I wish we could stay like this forever.” Harry whispered softly. Itachi kissed him softly.
 
“I know.”
 
TBC…