Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Dreams ❯ Chapter 14 ( Chapter 14 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: Still don't own.
 
To any who are interested. I am hopeless at writing scenes going any further than a few kisses. So anyone who is interested can write said scenes for ch5 of Vampires Call, ch36 and 26 of Surrey Troubles, and/or ch9 of Dreams and then email them or it to me at kirallie@ausi.com . I will read them and then use the ones that fit best in the stories and say they came from you. Remember to make them appropriate for ffnet and MediaMiner.
 
 
Chapter 14
 
 
“Harry.” The teen looked up from where he was nursing a few cuts courtesy of their training. From the sound of his lovers voice he was not going to like this.
 
“What's wrong?” Harry lay what he hoped was a comforting hand on Itachi's.
 
“Remember when you rescued Kisame and me?” Harry just shot him a look that said `how could I forget that?'
“Right, dumb question.”
 
“Itachi what is it?” Harry was really worried now.
 
“With how quiet Akatsuki's been we decided to go back and look around. We found…” Itachi trailed off and Harry paled.
 
“How many?” He asked softly. Itachi moved so that he was holding the younger shinobi.
“How many Itachi?”
 
“Six that we found. Harry what you did you did to protect us. It was an act of defence, not murder.”
 
“I didn't know, I didn't mean to…”
 
“I know that and so does Kisame. I know you hate killing Harry but you are shinobi now. Even if you become an Academy teacher there is still no way to stop from ever being ordered to kill or having to do so to defend your students or village.”
 
“Should I tell Tsunade?” Itachi let him change the topic, for now.
 
“She should be told. But after you wake up.” Itachi tightened his hold on Harry, kissing him softly occasionally but letting him sit silently. He knew the young wizard needed to absorb what he ha been told.
 
---------------------------
Tsunade looked up at the young man sitting in front of her. Harry looked nervous which meant either another bombshell or that he was relaying a message from a certain missing-nin, neither reason was very good.
 
“So, what did you want to speak to me about.”
 
“He told me some things last night that you should be aware of ma'am.” Harry took a deep breath and Tsunade let him take his time, for now.
“They have confirmed that six members of Akatsuki are dead.” He stopped but Tsunade just stared at him.
 
“What? What has the power to kill that many powerful ninja at once?” Harry stared at the wall.
 
“I do.” It was said so quietly she almost didn't hear him but his words made her pale.
 
“What?”
 
“I killed them. I didn't know till last night though. I just reacted, they were going to kill them, and I had to do something. I stopped their attacks, absorbed them and flung them back but more powerful. I didn't know what happened after, I woke up.” Harry said stiffly, still staring at the wall. She had known the boy was powerful but this powerful? Could any of them stop him if he decided to turn against them? But then she looked at him closely and felt something within he relax. Kakashi had been correct that day, Harry was no killer. She could see the pain in his eyes at the fact that he had killed six people, even if it was to defend a loved one. Perhaps she had done the wrong thing in pushing him to become shinobi.
 
“You did what you had to do and in doing so have helped to protect your brother.” She smiled at him, hoping to break him out of his growing depression.
“Akatsuki is after all the demon vessels, by taking out that many you will have made them weaker and Naruto safer. Think about that.” Harry nodded and left.
 
------------------------
“Do you plan to nominate your team again?” Kakashi nodded at the Hokage.
 
“Will that cause a problem?”
 
“The council of elders are not entirely sure about the Sasuke entering, he still bares the curse seal and the fact that if it weren't for Naruto he would have gone to Orochimaru makes them nervous.”
 
“So he won't be allowed to participate?” Tsunade sighed.
 
“It has yet to be decided.”
 
“They can't participate without a full team… Harry.” She nodded.
 
“They are curious about him. They could be making such a fuss because they want to see why the boy's gotten so much attention.”
 
“He's not ready. You saw his reaction to finding out he'd killed those six and his memories of what happened in his home.”
 
“You may be right, then again this could help him accept it.”
 
“Or send him over the edge.”
 
“In the end it will be his choice, he can decide not to enter.” Kakashi shook his head.
 
“He already knows that to enter your whole team has to. He'll do it so that Naruto can enter.”
 
“Then I'll make sure you start getting more missions outside the village. We need to see how he'll react in an actual fight.”
 
-----------------------
Harry smiled as Naruto bounced along. He felt bad for being the reason that this was the team's first mission out of the village for a while, especially with how happy being away from the stares made his little brother. His fingers moved to brush the phoenix necklace he was wearing and his smile grew. It was time to test the portkey. He would dump it in a few days and leave it under several illusions keyed to Itachi and then let him know where he'd left it.
 
“Glad to be out of the village?” Harry turned to Sakura and nodded. The girl hadn't said much to him since their chat about her obsession with Sasuke but he could tell she'd been thinking about it.
“Would…would you train with me Harry? Sasuke and Naruto are both stronger than me, I realise that now. And you're good but you're still new and.”
 
“Alright.” Harry said, cutting her off.
 
“Really?”
 
“Really.” Sakura smiled and moved off. Harry just shook his head, smiling softly. He looked at Kakashi as the man moved forward to walk beside him.
 
“How are you doing?”
 
“Kakashi?”
 
“The Hokage told me.” Harry looked down and Kakashi sighed.
“You did what you had to do to protect those precious too you. Do not regret that. But you need to learn to control that so people only die when you mean for it to happen. You are shinobi now, killing is something you will have to deal with.”
 
“What if I can't?” Harry asked quietly.
 
“Then you will die or someone you care about may die.” The wizard nodded and Kakashi dropped back again, supposedly reading his book but in reality watching his oldest charge.
 
-------------------------------
Harry dodged, blocking a blow with his own kunai. He was aware of Kakashi facing off against two of the enemy while Sasuke and Naruto were back to back, fighting well together. But where was Sakura? The four Konoha nin looked up as a female scream pierced the air. Harry didn't even stop to think as he focused his magic. He reappeared mere inches in front of Sakura, blocking the enemy shinobi. The man looked shocked for a split second before resuming his attack but it never landed as Harry held out his hand and said two of the most dreaded words in his home world.
 
“Avada Kevada.” At such close range the man didn't have a chance. Sakura stared in shock as her attacker suddenly crumpled to the ground, dead. She looked up at Harry to see him staring at what he had done in shock.
“No.” He whispered hoarsely.
 
“Harry?” He looked up at her and then vanished. She spun as the other three suddenly joined her.
 
“Sakura what happened?” Kakashi asked quickly.
 
“He…Harry just appeared right in front of me. He raised his hand and said something, there was a flash of green light and then.” She pointed to the dead body.
“He looked like he was in shock so I called his name. He whispered no and then just vanished.” Kakashi frowned, worried about Harry's reaction and whereabouts. He knew enough of the teen's abilities to know that he could be almost anywhere.
 
--------------------------
Kisame and Itachi leapt to their feet only to freeze in shock as a familiar figure suddenly appeared.
 
“Harry?” Itachi questioned, stepping closer. Wide green eyes met his before rolling up. He moved, catching the wizard before he could hit the ground and shared a mystified look with his partner. What had brought Harry to them?
 
TBC…
About the Sasuke thing, I needed a way to get Harry into the exam. Don't worry Sasuke can simply take it the next time. Nothing against him or anything.