Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Dreams ❯ Chapter 15 ( Chapter 15 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: Still not mine and sadly never will be.
 
Chapter 15
 
 
Tsunade sighed and stared out her window. Team 7 had returned three days ago, minus their newest member. That meant Harry had been missing for five days since they had searched for him for two without finding anything. They had no clue where he was, the only thing they knew was that his mental state may not be the best and that worried her. She looked down at her desk only to blink in surprise. How? She checked the paper over for any traps before unfolding it and beginning to read.
 
Hokage,
 
Harry appeared in our camp five days ago and promptly passed out. He has yet to regain consciousness but does not appear to be injured in any way. I assure you he is perfectly safe. He has shown no signs of waking and I have been unable to reach him in our dreams. If he has not improved within four days send Kakashi to the east gate and he will be there. If he wakes before then he will return by that gate in no more than eight days.
Think what you will of us, neither of us would ever harm him. Harry has already told you this but I will say it again, I will never force him to choose between Konoha and me. I can see that he has begun thinking of the village as home, something he has never really had before.
 
Uchiha Itachi
 
She put the letter down and sent for Kakashi and Iruka.
 
---------------------------
Itachi gently wiped Harry's forehead with a damp cloth before moving it across his face. But still the younger man gave no sign of waking.
 
“Please Harry, wake up.” Itachi whispered. Kisame was keeping watch out of sight, respecting their privacy. Neither of them knew what had happened to cause Harry to apparate to them and then collapse but they figured something had happened during the mission he was on. So much for his first mission out of the village. Hopefully Tsunade would accept what he had written and not send search parties to look for them. All he wanted was to see those familiar green eyes so that he would know Harry would be all right. He continued wiping Harry down and then froze, looking at Harry's hand. He put the cloth down and held his hand in his own, squeezing gently. Itachi grinned as he felt a bit of returned pressure.
“Harry can you hear me? Come on, please wake up.” Harry's hand twitched in his and his lips parted in a low moan.
“That's it Harry, keep trying.” Ever so slowly emerald eyes fluttered open and the first thing they saw was Itachi smiling widely.
“Welcome back.”
 
“Itachi?” Harry croaked. Said missing-nin helped him sit up enough to sip some water.
 
“You would prefer Kisame?” Itachi managed to joke as he pulled Harry into his arms, holding him tightly.
“Don't ever scare me like that again.” He whispered.
 
“What happened?” Harry asked, confused.
 
“Don't know. You just suddenly appeared and passed out. You've been unconscious for seven days, another two and we would have taken you back to Konoha as it is you have to be back in six, I promised Tsunade.” Itachi explained as he gently ran a hand through Harry's hair.
 
“Sorry I scared you.” Harry said softly.
 
“It's okay. Do you remember what happened? You were meant to be on a mission with Sasuke's team.” Itachi remained silent as Harry thought about it.
 
“We were walking, I was thinking about where to leave the portkey for you. Sakura and I talked; I agreed to train with her. We set up camp and…we were attacked. Everything was going well and then Sakura got separated from us, we heard her scream and I apparated. There was a ninja, he was going to kill her but I got between them and I…” Harry shuddered and clutched at Itachi.
 
“Harry? What happened?” Itachi asked softly, still gently stroking his hair.
 
“I killed him.” Harry whispered.
 
“You had no choice Harry, he would have killed Sakura if you hadn't acted.” Itachi reassured but Harry shook his head.
 
“I didn't…I used magic.” Itachi tightened his grip, suddenly realising why Harry was so upset with himself.
 
“The killing curse?” He asked to be sure and Harry nodded against his chest.
“Magic is what you've been trained in since childhood, its only natural to fall back on it when stressed. You used it to protect another, not out of malice.” Itachi continued to reassure his younger lover until he relaxed and slowly drifted off into a natural sleep.
 
--------------------------
Kakashi and Iruka were standing outside the east entrance to Konoha, just far enough to be out of sight of anyone who cared to look out from the village. It had now been eight days since the letter had arrived and they were waiting for the missing genin to reappear. Both Shinobi stiffened as three figures suddenly appeared. The middle one of the group continued to approach them while the other two remained still. The walking figure suddenly stopped and ran back to the others, grabbing the closest and pulling him, it was definitely male, into a kiss before once again walking towards them. These actions made it pretty clear who was who, unless Harry was in the habit of kissing Kisame. The figure stepped out of the shadows and stopped just in front of them. Iruka smiled at Harry and pulled him into a loose hug. Kakashi just nodded at him, a smile hidden behind his mask. The three turned to the two men still in the shadows of the forest. Harry raised his hand, waving farewell. Kisame returned the gesture and vanished. Itachi simply stared at him before looking to Kakashi. The two men stared at each other for a while, seeming to communicate silently before Itachi nodded and vanished as well. Harry stared after them for a bit before looking towards Konoha and smiling softly.
 
“Are you okay?” Iruka asked, concerned for his younger friend. Harry's smile widened.
 
“I'm okay now. Nothing like a seven day nap.” He tried to joke but the effort fell flat. Harry looked at Kakashi as the man laid a hand on his shoulder, his smile now shaky.
 
“The Hokage wants to see you.” Harry nodded and followed them into the village.
 
--------------------
“Harry!” Sakura and Sasuke looked up at Naruto's shout to see their teammate running at an approaching dark haired figure. Said person laughed and opened their arms, catching the hyperactive ninja in a hug. Sakura broke out into a grin and even Sasuke's expression softened at the sight of their missing team member. The two males joined them, Naruto practically hanging off Harry's arm.
 
“Are you alright Sakura?” Harry asked, concern shining in his green eyes. Sakura blushed slightly and nodded. Seeing the blush Harry groaned mentally. Great, last thing he needed was Sakura deciding she had a crush on him!
 
“Are you okay Harry? Where were you?”
 
“I'm okay now. I'm not sure where I ended up exactly, about three days travel from here. Woke up in a clearing a few days ago and then made my way back.” Harry shrugged.
 
“Thank you, for saving me.” Sakura said and Harry smiled.
 
“Isn't that what friends do?” They fell silent as Kakashi appeared and then started the training, Harry pairing with Sakura as he had promised.
 
-----------------------------
“So what really happened nii-san?” Naruto asked as Harry joined him on the couch. Harry tossed him a chocolate bar before taking a bite from his own.
 
“I apparated straight to Itachi and Kisame, don't ask me how, and then passed out. Apparently I was out for seven days, I spent the remaining six with them once I woke up. Just training and talking.”
 
“Just training and talking?” Naruto asked with a grin and Harry felt his face heat up a bit. Seeing that Naruto laughed. Harry threw a pillow at him, initiating an all out pillow fight that didn't end until they both collapsed, exhausted from laughter.
“I'm glad you're back.” Naruto said quietly.
“You could have stayed with them and no one would have known.”
 
“But then who would keep my little brother out of trouble?” Harry grabbed Naruto in a hug, tickling the younger teen. Harry finally stopped but didn't release Naruto from the hug.
“I'm not leaving you kid. Got it?” Naruto nodded, he didn't question how Harry had known what he was afraid of, in some ways they had had very similar times growing up. In some ways it had been worse for Harry since it had been his own family hating and beating him, not just strangers.
 
“When do you think you'll be able to remove Sasuke's curse seal?” Naruto suddenly asked. Harry thought about it.
 
“Probably in the next six months, it is more complex then the Dark Mark and I don't have a link to the maker to draw on.” Naruto nodded in understanding.
“No clue how I'll explain it to him though.”
 
“Just another of the weird things about your people that you won't talk about?”
 
“Considering the incantation's in Parseltongue. I think I'll knock him out first so he doesn't hear that.”
 
“Come on, I'd love to see his face if you started hissing at him!” Harry lethargically swatted his brother.
 
“Not funny.”
 
--------------------------------
Harry sat on the couch he'd put in his room, nervously watching the clock. He really hated waiting. Naruto was already asleep upstairs and the room was heavily warded so there was no chance of anyone walking in but he was still nervous. What if something went wrong? Harry felt a stir of magic and then he was no longer alone in the room. He threw himself at the figure and was easily caught.
 
“Miss me?” Itachi asked, grinning.
 
TBC…