Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Dreams ❯ Chapter 16 ( Chapter 16 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: Still not mine.
Chapter 16
“Miss me?” Itachi asked, grinning. Harry laughed and simply snuggled closer.
“You have to ask?” Harry leant in for a kiss that Itachi willingly gave.
“You had no problems?”
“None. Though I can see why you don't like portkeys.”
“At least you landed on your feet. It's only since your training that I've managed to do that. Kisame didn't mind you leaving him?” Harry said from his place in Itachi's arms. Itachi ran his fingers through Harry's hair and the younger man all but purred causing Itachi to grin.
“He couldn't stop grinning actually. He seems to find us cute.” Itachi growled the last bit causing Harry to laugh.
“And Uchiha Itachi doesn't do cute, right?” Itachi swatted him.
“Very funny.” He mock growled. Harry laughed and pulled him over to the couch.
“You're okay? No one's given you trouble over your disappearance have they?”
“No, I had a chat with Tsunade when I got back and a full medical check up to make sure nothing was wrong. She gave me a clean bill of health in case you're wondering.”
“And the chat?” Itachi asked, still worried.
“Was okay. She knows I didn't realise what I was doing when I appeared in your camp and that I was hardly in condition to travel even once I was awake. Just as long as I don't make a habit out of it its fine.” Harry reassured his lover.
“How long can you stay?” Itachi grinned.
“All night unless you have plans?” Harry just shot him a look.
“All night it is then.”
-----------------------------------
“Have fun last night?” Harry froze and then turned to look at Naruto.
“Excuse me?” He asked, trying to keep his voice even.
“Last night with Itachi. Have a good time?” Naruto asked, the picture of innocence. Harry stared at him in complete shock.
“How?” He stammered.
“The fox sensed him. No one else would have in case you're worried. It's not like I'm going to tell anyone.”
“Thanks kiddo.” Harry gave him a brief hug.
“So, what's on the agenda today?”
“Kakashi-sensei cancelled training for the team. Maybe...we could do something?” Harry smiled.
“Sure, what do you want to do?” Harry's smile widened as Naruto's face lit up. He'd love to get his hands on every single person who had ever hurt the kid.
“Will you train with me? Please, please, please!” Harry laughed and nodded.
“Okay. You do realise I'm still not all that good?”
“You fought Kakashi-sensei and saved Sakura-chan! You're better than you think nii-san.”
“Thanks. So, where do you want to do this?”
-------------------------------------
Harry rolled to his feet with a wince even as his magic went to work on his various wounds. They had worked out that while he was faster Naruto was the stronger and he had the fading bruises to prove it.
“You okay?” Naruto called nervously.
“Fine, you're stronger than you look.”
“You're still faster than me though.” Naruto pointed out as he flopped down next to Harry. The wizard shrugged and dropped back to the ground. They stared in surprise as a dark coloured blur passed them, heading into the forest.
“Hey! That was Sasuke!” Naruto jumped up and went to follow but Harry laid a restraining hand on his arm.
“Stay here, I'll go after him.” He smiled down at the blond.
“You sure? If...”
“I can look after myself kiddo, don't worry.” Harry took off after Sasuke while Naruto made himself comfortable.
Harry ran through the trees, tracking Sasuke via the tracking spell he'd placed on the teen a week after they'd met. Without the spell he would be having a lot more trouble keeping up. He came to a sudden stop as he saw Sasuke on the ground below, crouched with his hand clamped over the seal, eyes scrunched shut in concentration. Harry dropped silently to the ground and knelt beside him, placing a hand over the younger teens and the other around his waist to steady him.
“Keep breathing Sasuke. Focus on pushing it back. That's it, you can do it.” He kept up the soothing talk even as placed a silent spell designed to help calm over the sweating teen. Slowly he began to calm and the seal receded.
“Good work.” He praised quietly and Sasuke's eyes flew open in panic. He tightened his grip to keep him from fleeing.
“Easy, its okay.” Sasuke stayed frozen in his arms.
“I know Sasuke.” Harry told him, putting pressure on the hand that covered the curse seal. Sasuke looked up at him.
“How?” He asked quietly, still out of breath.
“Tsunade. My people had trouble with something similar. She was hoping the method we used would be able to help you.” Harry shifted so that he was sitting with Sasuke held against him. He felt the teen's breathing catch as he explained.
“Can you?”
“I've been working on it. Give me six months tops and I'll be ready to give it a try. There are several key differences and I don't want to chance making a mistake.” Harry explained quietly.
“Why?” Sasuke asked, the normal coldness creeping back into his tone.
“Why what?” Harry asked even though he was pretty sure he knew what the other meant.
“Why help me?” Harry took a deep breath.
“Maybe because I can see a lot of me in you. Maybe because no on should go through what you have, what Naruto has, what I have. A friend once said I have a `saving people thing'.” Harry shrugged.
“What if I don't want saving?” Sasuke snapped.
“He offered me everything I want. The power to defeat...”
“Your brother. That's what his sort do, they offer you everything your heart desires and by the time you realise it was all lies it's too late and you're trapped. Power has to be earned Sasuke or you will never learn the responsibility for that power. You're not the only person to loose their family. My parents were killed to get to me, as were friends and those I considered family. I watched my best friend throw himself in front of an attack meant for me and there was nothing I could do. But at least you had the people here to care about you. My mother's family hated me because I was `different'. I had no one who cared until I was eleven and even then many only pretended. Kakashi and Iruka care about you, so do your teammates. Don't let revenge consume you Sasuke.” Harry fell silent, letting Sasuke think about what he'd said.
“What happened to the people who killed your parents?”
“I killed him shortly before coming here. But it wasn't for revenge. It was war and I was the only one who could stop him. I had to do it or he would have destroyed everything, I couldn't let that happen. Just like I couldn't let that man kill Sakura. Like I would fight and kill to defend any of you.” Sasuke sat silently, absorbing what he'd been told.
“What set it off?” Harry eventually asked. Sasuke stared at the tree opposite them.
“Sasuke?”
“It was nothing.”
“Pretty big nothing. Kakashi sealed it but maybe I can do something more. Take your shirt off.” Sasuke looked at him and Harry stared back, not giving an inch. Finally he complied and removed his shirt, giving Harry his first really good look at the seal.
“Try not to tense up and stay relaxed.” He instructed, placing his hand over the mark and letting his magic flow. He couldn't remove it, not yet, but maybe he could strengthen Kakashi's seal. Sasuke hissed slightly in pain but Harry didn't let it distract him from his work. He eventually pulled back and nodded to himself, it was as good as it was going to get without being removed. The seal had faded so that it was barely noticeable and he could feel the magic surrounding and containing it. Unlike what Kakashi had done this did not depend on Sasuke's willpower to contain the curse seal but on the magic he had placed under the teen's skin and the magic in the very air. Unless Orochimaru showed up in person Sasuke would be safe from its influence. If he did show up they'd have to hope Harry was close enough to directly power the containment or that he had already removed it permanently.
TBC...