Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Since When Are There Two Potters? ❯ Chapter 13 ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Would I be writing this if I owned either of them? Not likely!
Glad everyone liked their first meeting.
 
Chapter 13
 
 
Sasuke moved about the apartment, bored out of his mind. It had been three days since Hedwig had returned with Harry's letter and he had had no company for five days now. Maya was still away on her mission and any children his age were at the Academy. He hated the fact that he finished his studies so quickly, something his Aniki found amusing. Harry always told him it was a good thing compared to how he had done at school until Sasuke had arrived. Harry had told him all about his life under Dumbledore's control and Sasuke was glad the man had been in prison before he had been given to Harry.
 
He sat on the windowsill and stared out at the village. He didn't like it here, sure Maya was nice but something about the place bothered him. He knew Harry felt the same way and hoped they would be leaving soon. He watched the people below as they went about their business, stretching out to connect with the natural magic. He recoiled, falling to the floor in shock. Something was seriously wrong in Cloud. There had been a slight problem when they had first arrived but now it was like a cancer, growing out of control through the village. Shuddering subconsciously he tore through the apartment, packing their trunks as quickly as he could.
 
“We're leaving Hedwig, it isn't safe here anymore.” Hedwig stared at him for a few seconds before hooting in agreement. Luckily everything was set up so that he didn't need Wizarding magic to shrink their belongings to be packed. Soon he was slipping his trunk earring into his ear and putting Harry's in one of his jacket's hidden pockets. Sasuke frowned in thought, he knew that Harry had wanted to eave no records behind but did he have the ability to do it? Gathering his courage and magic from the very air he vanished only to reappear within another building. He searched through the records, finding anything and everything that mentioned either of them and shoving them into the pack he had slung over one shoulder. Once he was done he left the building and left the village. As he wasn't enrolled in the Academy yet the guards had no reason to stop him from going for a walk outside the village. Once out of sight and knelt down and drew his dagger, etching the correct symbols in the ground before closing the circle. He chanted softly, Hedwig perched on his shoulder and smiled slightly as the symbols began to glow. A few seconds later he disappeared and the symbols faded from sight as if they had never been there.
 
-------------------
Harry kept a firm grip on Kakashi's waist as he helped the other man move around the cave. He was mostly healed and just needed to get his legs to obey him all the time. Harry had neglected to tell him of the spinal damage he had found and healed magically so Kakashi didn't realise why he was having so much trouble walking, even if he was steadily improving. Harry knew that Kakashi didn't trust him and honestly didn't blame the man, he was a total stranger after all, and one who lived in the country whose shinobi he had been in a battle with. Still, they had managed to talk even if they were careful to leave names out or use nicknames.
 
“You should be up for travelling in a few days. Bet you'll be glad to get home.” Harry said as they made their final lap around the cave. Kakashi simply nodded, worn out from the simple exercise since his chakra levels were still a bit low. Harry helped him sit back down on the sleeping bag before moving over to the fire to prepare their lunch. He was always careful to make sure all food preparation was done in full view of Kakashi so that the other man would not be as worried about being poisoned.
 
Kakashi watched as Harry suddenly froze before putting the meat down and getting silently to his feet. He nodded as the green eyed man indicated for him to remain silent. Harry tossed him his weapons pouches before unsheathing a dagger of his own and moving to the cave entrance. Kakashi could only watch as Harry slipped from the cave, unsure wether or not he should be hoping for his safe return. If there were Leaf shinobi out there what would Harry do? Or people from Cloud? He gripped a kunai, ready to defend himself if needed. He tensed as he heard Harry's yell but he was too far to work out what had caused it. He raised his kunai as Harry tore back into the cave but relaxed when he saw the unconscious child in his arms, the white owl Hedwig hovering over them. He couldn't help but smile slightly as he saw the way Harry cared for the boy, it didn't take a genius to work out it was his brother. But how had the boy found them?
 
-----------------------
Harry froze as he felt someone trip his wards. He put the meat down and stood, moving silently as he had been trained to do. He looked over to Kakashi and motioned for him to remain silently, relaxing slightly as he nodded in understanding. He grabbed his weapons pouches and tossed them to him before unsheathing his own dagger, a gift from Mad Eye. He moved cautiously out of the cave, ready for an attack since he figured they'd been found by Cloud shinobi. So it was with utter shock and growing fear that he saw the crumpled dark haired child with a very familiar white owl perched on him trying to wake him.
 
“Sasuke!” Harry called, breaking into a run. He dropped to his knees beside the boy and reached out with shaking fingers to find his pulse. He relaxed as he felt the strong heartbeat beneath his fingers and then scooped the boy up into his arms, moving quickly back to the cave. He didn't acknowledge Kakashi as he moved towards the back where he'd left the medical supplies. He quickly checked the boy over, searching for injuries but finding none. He finally relaxed when it appeared Sasuke had simply passed out from exhaustion. He sat back on his heels and sighed tiredly.
 
“Your brother?” He nodded absently in answer to Kakashi's question.
 
“Looks like he's just exhausted. But what made him leave? Better question is how did he find us?” Harry shook his head and wrapped his brother up in some blankets before going back to preparing lunch.
“We can't stay here any longer. Once he's up we'll have to leave. I'll help you walk, it'll take longer but we can't risk staying here.” Kakashi nodded, understanding his reasoning.
“We'll see you as far as the border of Fire Country.”
 
“You won't come to Konoha?” Harry looked at him and then became lost in thought. He finally shook his head.
 
“Not yet. I don't know why but I know we're not meant to be there yet.” Kakashi blinked at the far away tone of Harry's voice and the distant look in the green eyes. Harry suddenly blinked and shook his head, eyes coming back into focus.
 
“Are you all right?” Kakashi asked in concern.
 
“Huh? Yeah, I'm fine. That happens sometimes, nothing to worry about.” Harry flashed him a grin before handing Kakashi his lunch. The shinobi ate carefully, making sure to keep his mask in place even though Harry always made sure to look away. A low groan from the nest of blankets had them both looking over before Harry got up and sat beside his brother.
“Hey kiddo, its okay you're safe. Come on now, wake up.” Kakashi watched as the boy sat up and looked around in confusion. He frowned, the boy definitely looked familiar.
 
“Aniki.” Harry caught him as Sasuke threw himself at his older brother.
 
“What happened kiddo? How did you find us?”
 
“It wasn't safe anymore.” Kakashi watched as the younger brother handed the older what looked like an earring. Harry quickly slipped it into his ear, which only added to Kakashi's confusion.
“It was spreading too fast, we can't go back there.”
 
“Okay, I promise we won't go back. But how did you find us?” Harry asked. But Sasuke finally noticed Kakashi and went rigid. Harry sighed and gently rubbed his back. Even after all this time the sight of a mask, even one that wasn't white could cause anything from fear to a panic attack to a flash back.
“It's okay kiddo, he won't hurt you. I've got you, you're safe.” Kakashi frowned as he saw the boy's reaction to him.
 
“Is he okay?” He asked, genuinely concerned.
 
“It's the mask. Several years ago he was…attacked by men in masks.” Kakashi nodded slowly and carefully moved closer, not wanting to startle the pre-teen.
 
“Hey kid, my name's Kakashi. I won't hurt you, I swear.” Kakashi smiled behind his mask, trying to show he meant what he said.
 
“He won't kiddo. You think I'd let anyone near you I thought would? It's okay, promise.” They both kept talking but Sasuke remained frozen. Kakashi reached his hands up and slowly lowered his mask until it was bunched around his neck. He smiled and waved at the boy.
“See, he isn't scary.” Harry said, all the while trying not to blush. Kakashi was HOT! Not that he would tell the other man, he'd seen the book in his vest pocket. Besides, what were the real odds they'd ever see him again after they parted? He smiled as he felt Sasuke begin to relax. Slowly Sasuke climbed from his arms and moved towards Kakashi. The man stayed still as the boy approached, not wanting to scare him. He held still as pale hand touched his face before the boy nodded and smiled, finally relaxing fully.
 
“Sorry.” The boy said and Kakashi nodded.
 
“It's okay, the mask can be a bit scary.”
 
“Why do you wear it then?” Sasuke asked and Kakashi swallowed.
 
“Family reasons kid.” Sasuke stared at him before nodding in acceptance.
 
“Does anyone know you've left?” Harry asked, needing to know how long they had.
 
“No nii-san. I got these too.” Sasuke pulled the files out and Harry's jaw dropped.
 
“How? Never mind I don't want to know.” Harry flipped through them before tossing them in the fire.
 
“Maya still wasn't back either so no one knows except the guards who saw me walk out.”
 
“Good. We're going to help Kakashi get to Fire Country and then we'll see where we end up next. But you didn't answer my earlier question, how'd you find us?” Sasuke looked between the two men, not knowing what his brother had told the one eyed man. He saw as Harry realised why he was hesitating and nodded to let him know his suspicions were right. Harry nodded and smiled.
“We'll leave first thing in the morning.” Harry stated instead of making Sasuke answer verbally. Kakashi watched the exchange suspiciously but said nothing. He had pulled his mask back up once sure that the kid wouldn't react badly again.
 
TBC…