Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Since When Are There Two Potters? ❯ Chapter 14 ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Still don't own anything.
 
Chapter 14
 
 
Three humans and one owl slowly made their way South West across the country, their progress slowed because one of the men had to help support the other as they walked. Hedwig flew high overhead, scouting the area for them even as Sasuke asked nature to protect and guide them. Harry smiled at his little brother; it had been a great idea to have him trained in Wicca and Druidic magic. He shifted his grip on Kakashi's waist slightly as they walked. Luckily the ninja's chakra levels were high enough that he had managed a convincing henge. Two civilians walking around with an injured Leaf nin would be a little hard to miss after all, especially when sooner or later someone would notice that Harry and Sasuke had disappeared. Talking was kept to a minimum, as they didn't want to be discovered. Plus they didn't really have a lot to talk about at the moment. Sasuke had relaxed a bit around Kakashi but it would take a while for him to feel comfortable enough to chat. As for Harry he was too busy thinking about what they would do next. He wouldn't have minded accompanying Kakashi all the way to Konoha but something was telling him not to, that they were needed elsewhere for now. Which was a pity because despite Kakashi's obsession with a certain book he seemed like a nice guy, someone Harry would be able to call a friend.
 
-----------------------
Kakashi opened his eyes but otherwise didn't move. It was still night, about one he figured and he couldn't work out what had woken him. Looking around as much as he could without moving he noticed that Harry's sleeping bag was empty and the night was too still. He swallowed, had he been a fool to trust the siblings? Listening intently he could make out the sounds of Sasuke's steady breathing from where the boys sleeping bag was. So where was Harry? Had something happened? He moved his hand just enough to pull a kunai and then slipped out of the bag and got to his feet. He still was entirely steady but he had to find Harry and make sure he was all right and that his previous thoughts of betrayal were irrational. He moved slowly, trying to figure out where the other man could be when he caught a glimpse of moonlight reflected off something metallic. He crept closer and then watched in shock. There was Harry wielding a sword as if it were an extension of his body. There was no way Harry was the civilian he portrayed himself as, not when he could move like that. But he didn't recognise the style, it was nothing he had seen from any village.
 
“You can come out you know.” Kakashi started slightly, how had Harry detected him? He slowly made his way out from behind the rocks he'd been using as cover even as Harry slowed to a stop.
“Everything okay?” Harry asked as he wiped the sweat from his forehead with the back of his free hand.
 
“Fine. I woke up and you were gone, I was worried.” Kakashi admitted, glad he had been wrong about any betrayal. Harry smiled in embarrassment.
 
“Sorry, didn't think you'd notice I was gone.” Harry shrugged and flopped down onto the ground being careful of his sword. Kakashi sat down as well but was slower. He had also put his kunai away.
 
“You're very good, I've never seen that style before.”
 
“It's a mix of a few. I drove my teachers nuts with the way I'd take bits from the various styes they showed me but it works for me.” Harry shrugged and drank some water from his canteen.
 
“Why would a civilian need to learn how to fight with a sword?” Kakashi asked, hoping Harry would think he was simply curious.
 
“For protection. My parents were murdered when I was very young. The man that did it came after me so I had to learn how to defend myself.” Kakashi could tell Harry wasn't comfortable talking about it and that he was leaving a lot out.
 
“Where is the man now?”
 
“Dead. He kidnapped Sasuke and hurt him.” Kakashi nodded in understanding. He'd seen how protective Harry was of the boy so it came as no surprise that he had killed the man for hurting him.
 
“Ever thought of becoming shinobi?” Kakashi asked curiously and to his surprise Harry laughed.
 
“Thanks but no. My unarmed skills are dreadful and I have no clue when it comes to chakra. I think Sasuke will be the only shinobi in this family if we settle down in time for him to be accepted.” Harry was still chuckling softly.
 
“Does he have any training?”
 
“Some from Maya and I've taught him a bit of swordplay but not a lot. She said he'd be able to join his age mates in a few more weeks.” Kakashi nodded.
 
“You said you're looking for his birth family. He does look familiar but I don't know if that clan is missing any children and it is impossible to ask.”
 
“Oh?”
 
“They were massacred nearly four years ago by the clan prodigy. He is the only known survivor and a missing-nin so we can hardly ask him.” Kakashi explained and Harry nodded.
 
“Yeah, that would make it a little hard. And any tests will show Sasuke as mine because of the adoption ritual so that's out. And I really don't want to track someone like that down to ask if he's missing a relative.”
 
“The Hokage might know.” Kakashi offered and Harry nodded before standing and offering a hand up to the other.
 
“Come on, we better get back before Sasuke wakes up and panics over us both being gone.”
 
--------------------------------
“Well I guess this is it.” Harry stated softly. He would genuinely miss the other mans company.
“Will you be okay?”
 
“I'll be fine. I should run into one of our border patrols soon.” Kakashi answered just as softly.
 
“Be careful.” Sasuke said softly and then shocked both men by impulsively hugging Kakashi before ducking behind Harry. The two men exchanged amused smiles, well as much of one that could be seen behind Kakashi's mask.
 
“I hope you'll come to Konoha soon Harry. If you have trouble getting in ask for me. Thank you for saving my life.” Kakashi nodded at Harry.
 
“It was nothing. I hope we'll see you again soon.” Taking a page out of his brother's book he moved forward and pulled Kakashi into a brief hug.
“Try to stay out of trouble.” Harry picked up his pack and then put an arm around Sasuke's shoulders.
 
“Likewise.” Kakashi gave them one last smile before taking to the trees and vanishing.
 
“Come on kiddo, lets get moving. We've still got a few hours left before we need to make camp.” Sasuke nodded and the two began to walk at a comfortable pace, Hedwig scouting ahead as usual.
 
----------------------------
Kakashi paused as he felt himself being surrounded. His hand dropped to his weapons but he didn't pull any, yet.
 
“Identify yourself.” A male voice demanded.
 
“Hatake Kakashi, jounin of Konoha.” He watched as an ANBU squad dropped from the trees.
 
“You were reported missing over two weeks ago.” One of them stated.
 
“I was injured and was forced to hide until I recovered.” The one who had spoken nodded and then they were gone. Kakashi relaxed, he knew word would have reached the village before he would. He took off at a steady but comfortable pace not wanting to push it and undo all of Harry's hard work. He smiled slightly behind his mask; he hoped he would see the other man and his brother again soon.
 
------------------
No one paid attention to the young merchant and his brother as they entered the Hidden Village of the Mist and for that they were glad. Harry kept a protective hand on Sasuke as they moved through the village. He had heard a few things about the place that he wasn't comfortable with and couldn't understand why they'd been led here but he knew to obey his instincts. Sasuke was quite happy to cling to his nii-sans hand as they made their way to a nice hotel, he didn't like this village but even he could feel that they needed to be here for now. He just hoped it wouldn't be for to long.
 
TBC…