Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Since When Are There Two Potters? ❯ Chapter 15 ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Still don't own them, much to my displeasure.
Thanks to Izaaboo for the idea of how to bring Sevy back since I may have kind of accidentally forgotten about him. Oops?
 
“ffdfdfdf” Talking in English
 
 
Chapter 15
 
Harry froze in shock for a second before reacting. With a flick of his wrist he sent the unknown figure flying across the room to land in a heap against the wall. He spared a brief glance for the dog he was positive had been left in Japan even as he was moving towards the slumped figure of his otouto. He knelt and carefully rolled Sasuke over, relaxing when he noticed his only injury was a slight bump to the head. He placed his hand over it and let healing magic flow into the wound, pulling back as the pre-teen began to stir. His eyes went back to the familiar canine as it moved over to lick Sasuke's face.
 
“Sevy.” The boy groaned, pushing the enthusiastic dog away from his face while sitting up. Sasuke froze as he saw Harry kneeling in front of him and the crumpled figure across the room.
 
“It's funny, I seem to remember leaving a certain dog in Japan and yet here he is. Last time I checked Sevy is not magical Sasuke. So, care to explain?” The Border Collie whined and nudged Harry's hand, asking for a pat. Sighing the green eyed man began to pat the dog, still waiting for an answer. Sasuke squirmed a bit before answering.
 
“I couldn't leave him behind! You brought Hedwig.” Harry sighed at Sasuke's answer.
 
“Hedwig is magically bound to me Sasuke, Sevy doesn't have that link. That explains why the trip was more trying than I thought it would be and where the scraps have been going. You've had him living in your trunk the entire time haven't you?”
 
“Yes Aniki.” Sasuke answered quietly. Harry looked down at him and sighed again. He couldn't really be mad about it; he knew how much the dog meant to Sasuke. He'd had him since he was a puppy after all and Sevy had become very protective of Sasuke since his kidnapping.
 
“Next time tell me okay and we'll work something out. By not telling me you put all of us at risk. Now, care to tell me what on earth was going on in here? Who did I send flying into the wall?” Harry jerked his head in the direction of the unconscious visitor.
 
“I don't know. I'd just left the trunk from playing with Sevy and he was there. He looked shocked to see me and then he attacked. I'm sorry nii-san; he was too fast for me. I think I hit my head and fell. I could hear Sevy growling and then you were there.” Sasuke answered.
 
“Well I'd say he's learnt his lesson from the position I found him in.” Harry chuckled slightly and Sasuke shot him a curious look.
“Lets just say Sevy had him by a rather delicate part of his anatomy and leave it at that.” Harry answered as he stood and moved over to the person who had attacked his brother. He rolled him over and frowned as he recognised the mist hitae-ate. What was a Mist-nin doing in their rooms? They had been in Mist for four months now with no problems since to everyone's knowledge Harry was a travelling merchant who was taking a brake because his younger brother was recovering from illness. Looked like they'd be moving on a few weeks earlier then he had originally planned. A small burst of magic was all it took to revive the nin and restrain him.
“So, you want to tell me why you attacked my brother?” Harry asked nicely. The ninja struggled, trying to get away but it was no use.
“Come on, you're what? A genin? What were you doing in here?” The teenager looked down at the floor, pouting slightly.
 
“It was just a stupid dare.” He muttered angrily, silvery bangs falling over his eyes.
 
“A dare?” Harry encouraged.
 
“Everyone knows you have a brother but no one's seen him. They dared me to prove he exists.”
 
“So you knocked him out as proof?” Harry raised an eyebrow and Sasuke smothered a chuckle, his brother really looked like Uncle Severus when he did that.
 
“He startled me. He climbed out of a trunk! That's not normal! Then that crazy dog came out of no where and grabbed my.” Harry's glare had the genin deciding not to finish his sentence.
 
“Well, now you know my brother exists but you also know things you shouldn't.” With those words the genin was scrambling for his kunai, forgetting he couldn't move.
“Relax, I'm not going to hurt you. But I can't let you go with your memories of this intact. Obliviate.” Harry spoke quietly, quickly altering his memories of what had happened and then re-stunning the boy.
“Pack up Sasuke-kun, we're leaving.”
 
“Yes Aniki.” Sasuke scrambled up and went to his room to pack.
 
------------------------
Sasuke watched as Sevy chased a butterfly, the dog just being happy to be out of his trunk and in the fresh air. The five-year-old dog still acted like a puppy most of the time but was very well behaved while they were travelling. If he hadn't been Harry would have made him travel in the trunk. He smiled at the dog and went back to setting up their sleeping bags. Sasuke looked up and smiled as he saw Harry returning with a string of fish for their dinner.
 
“Where are we going now Nii-san?” He asked as Harry went to work preparing the fish.
 
“Wave Country, it's small and has no Hidden Village so it should be a safe place to rest for a while.” Harry answered absently.
 
“Then Konoha?” Sasuke asked shyly causing Harry to look up and smile.
 
“Miss Kakashi do you?” Harry teased.
 
“Don't you aniki?” Sasuke teased back and Harry took a swipe at his hair.
 
-------------
The two watched the camp from the trees as two males moved about preparing their meal. What the watchers didn't realise was that the ones they were watching were very much aware of their presence and had been since they had breached the perimeter wards. The presence of a sword at the older campers side had them curious and wary but still confident of the outcome if it came to a fight.
 
Sasuke glanced at Harry as his brother continued to prepare their meal. He could feel the two watching them from the trees and it was making him nervous but his brother appeared completely relaxed although he had his sword out in plane view obviously as a warning that they were not unable to defend themselves. So far none of the temporary wards had detected any threat but Sasuke knew that could change in an instant so he wasn't relaxing.
 
“Shall we invite them to tea?” Harry asked in English, a small smile playing on his lips. Sasuke just stared at him as if he'd lost his mind.
“Better to see what their intentions are now then to be up half the night worrying.” Sasuke thought about it before giving a small nod.
“Care to join us? There's plenty of food to go round.” Harry called out calmly. Sasuke got up from his place and moved to sit closer to Harry as two figures suddenly appeared from the trees. The four males studied each other intently even as Sasuke grabbed Sevy by the scruff to keep the dog safely with them.
 
“You're either very sure of your abilities or rather stupid.” The older of the two newcomers stated.
 
“Neither. If you meant us any harm I would know and since you don't there is no reason not to invite you to share our fire since tonight seems to be rather cool for the season.” Harry answered mildly. Sasuke looked between his brother and their `guests', cocking his head as he studied the younger.
 
“Are you a boy or a girl?” He asked without realising it. He flushed bright red as the question earnt a laugh.
 
“I'm a boy, my name is Haku. Thank you for your kind offer.” He smiled at the younger boy.
 
“Sasuke.”
 
“I'm Harry, the mutt's Sevy.” His brother added.
 
“Zabuza.” The older man stated stiffly.
 
“Pull up some grass, the fish will be done in a few minutes. We have spare blankets if you need them.” Harry smiled warmly at the two ninja. He had noticed the mist headbands and those along with the names given had been enough. Despite everything he had heard about the other man he knew that Zabuza was not evil and genuinely cared about the teenager with him as if he were his son but did not feel able to show it.
“You headed to Wave too?” Harry asked as he began serving the food.
 
“We have been offered work there.” Haku answered quietly and Harry nodded. Sasuke closed his eyes suddenly, tilting his head as if listening and Harry turned to him. The boy frowned in concentration and then dark eyes snapped open to focus on the two missing-nin.
 
“You can't go. He's planning to double cross you and you will both die.” Sasuke stated softly. Harry tensed slightly as he saw the way Zabuza stiffened, ready to defend his little brother if needed. But instead Haku simply moved closer to Sasuke, studying him intently.
 
“How do you know?” He asked the other boy.
 
“I know how to listen. Luna taught me it's not that hard when you learn how but nii-san still can't manage it very well.” Harry mock glared at Sasuke for that bit before smiling.
 
“Listen to what?” Haku asked, confused at the younger boy's answer. He received a wide smile from the dark haired youth.
 
“Nature. You just have to know how to listen and she will speak to you of lots of things. The past, present, future, anything. She likes you, you know. She doesn't want you to die so she told me.” Sasuke shrugged and continued to eat his dinner. Haku and Zabuza just stared at him even as Harry smiled and shook his head.
 
“I'd listen to him, he's never been wrong yet and it's saved both our lives on several occasions.” Harry added.
 
“This is nonsense. Nature does not talk to people.”
 
“Riiiight. And being able to do the things associated with the various bloodlines is not nonsense? Just because something is different does not mean it is any less true or real.” Harry pointed out defensively.
“Look, you've been warned, go to Wave and you'll both die. It's your choice now. My advice is don't go but then again you don't know us so why should you listen to us?” Harry angrily bit into his fish and then sighed as Sevy whined softly.
“Sorry boy.” He apologised softly.
“At least sleep on it. Is the money worth your lives?” With that Harry finished his dinner and moved to prepare the camp for the night.
 
TBC…