Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Since When Are There Two Potters? ❯ Chapter 17 ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Still don't own them.
I figure Wave is an island right? Well there would be more than one town on an island so Harry and Sasuke are like at the other side of the island to Kakashi and all.
 
Chapter 17
 
 
Harry sat staring into the campfire lost in thought. Sasuke was fats asleep in his sleeping bag, Sevy curled up around him to share the warmth while Hedwig was somewhere past the tree line hunting. He knew what he wanted to do but that would bring attention to them he wasn't sure they wanted or needed. What he wanted to do was to go after Gato himself and teach the man a few of the things he had seen various Death Eaters do. That would leave Zabuza and Haku without an employer and would allow the bridge to be completed, alleviating the economic problems for Wave. But the man had surrounded himself with the typical thugs, which would mean killing or disabling a large group before being able to get to Gato and Harry had never liked killing even if he had been forced to in the past. Killing as part of a war was one thing, this was another. There had to be another way to stop things from escalating. Add tot hat the rumours circulating of a team of Konoha ninja's arriving soon to protect the bridge builder and things were getting bad. He thought about sending Sasuke away but something held him back and he sighed, running a hand through his perpetually messy hair. He looked at his little brother and smiled fondly before climbing into his own sleeping bag and drifting off to sleep.
 
-------------------
Kakashi smiled as he watched his team train. He had to admit he did feel sorry for the blond boy with those two as his teammates. The two girls were the best of friends and rivals and were enough to drive any boy crazy, Naruto was no exception. Sakura and Ino were not two people he would have placed on the same team, they could work well together when the pressure was on but the rest of the time… He found his thoughts wandering to a certain pair of brothers. He smiled as he imagined what his team would be like with the younger as a member. He really hoped the two would some day make their way to Konoha and settle there, he knew they would be a great asset to the village. And it would give them the chance to find out if what he suspected was correct, that Sasuke was actually an Uchiha. If that were so there would be many in the village that would try to take the boy from Harry. That made him chuckle slightly, he pitied anyone who tried to separate those two.
 
But then his thoughts turned to another pair of men, Zabuza and his mysterious helper. He knew that they would be facing each other again soon and he feared for his students. Yes they had come far since arriving in Wave but would it be enough to handle the masked boy? Naruto had surprised him with his plan to free him from the water prison but then again he was an incredible prankster and quite often managed to get away from even high ranked ninja after pulling a prank so he obviously had some abilities when it came to planning. He only hoped that when the time came he would be able to pull off another surprise like that or else they may be in serious trouble.
 
---------------------------------
Harry froze for a second as he passed the small group before backtracking and tapping one of the men on the shoulder.
 
“Excuse me sir but did you say Hatake Kakashi?” He asked politely.
 
“Sure did. At least that's the rumour; he's protecting Tazuna, the bridge builder.”
 
“Thank you.” With that Harry walked away, back to their camp. Things had officially gone from bad to worse. Three people he considered friends would be fighting on opposite sides of the coming conflict. Hopefully he could get there before anyone died.
“Sasuke pack up, we need to move and quickly.”
 
“Yes nii-san.” The boy quickly began to pack up his gear while Harry erased any sign of their stay from the area. Once they were both done Harry called Sevy and Hedwig over and then prepared for a group apparition. Not something he liked doing but it was necessary. He'd memorised a map of Wave Country when they had first arrived just in case he needed to do something like this so he focused on the co-ordinates and then let his magic loose. The four disappeared with a near silent pop.
 
---------------------------
Harry ran silently through the woods on all fours, Sasuke shadowing him on his left. Harry was in his wolf form since it was faster but his little brother was still faster. They were moving as fast as possible, neither liking the feel of the strange and almost evil energy they could feel in the air. As they approached the bridge Harry shifted back mid step, easily adjusting to the change in shape and stride. Sasuke was armed with the weapons any ninja carried while Harry had his wand and sword along with a few small knives hidden on his body. They moved silently but quickly into the village and towards thew mist enshrouded bridge, only slowing as they got closer. Harry looked at Sasuke and the boy nodded, vanishing into the mist as Zabuza had taught him and causing Harry to smile since it was Zabuza they were facing. Taking a deep breath he gathered his magic and then released the spell into the air above the shinobi on the bridge, easily dispelling the mist.
 
Kakashi and Zabuza paused as the mist suddenly disappeared to reveal Ino and Sakura protecting the bridge building and Naruto trapped within Haku's mirrors, red chakra spiralling around him before fading a second before several senbon's pierced his skin. The two men looked around and stared at the man standing at the end of the bridge. They both turned as the sound of ice shattering reached them and stared as one of Haku's mirrors shattered before a boy dressed in black appeared, crouched on the bridge.
 
“Kakashi! Zabuza! Stop fighting!” They both turned back to the man in shock.
 
“Harry!” They looked at each other in surprise at hearing the other call out his name. Meantime Harry walked across the bridge to them.
 
“Hey Kakashi, told you we'd see each other again.” Harry smiled at the masked man who stared at him in confusion.
 
“Are you working for Gato?” Kakashi asked, hiding the feelings of betrayal as he asked. Harry snorted in anger.
 
“Never! I heard a rumour of you being here so Sasuke and I came to stop you from fighting.”
 
“How? As you told me during our spar you don't use chakra.” Zabuza stated.
 
“True but I still managed to get rid of your mist, didn't I?” Harry smirked slightly.
“Everything okay over there Sasuke?” He called out to the black clothed boy.
 
“There is a blond haired boy, he needs medical attention due to Haku's senbon.” Sasuke called before entering the ring of mirrors through the gap created by the destroyed mirror. He knelt beside the blond and carefully removed the needles before pulling a general healing potion out and pouring it down the unconscious boys throat. He stood as blue eyes fluttered open to stare at him in surprise and suspicion.
“You'll be all right now. Nii-san is dealing with the situation.” Sasuke told him and held out his hand. The blond slowly took it and let Sasuke help him up.
“My name is Potter Sasuke. The boy attacking you is Haku but he won't attack you again.” The last was said with a look at Haku who nodded slowly.
 
“Uzumaki Naruto. What village are you from?” Sasuke smiled slightly at the energetic blonde.
 
“I don't know, my brother found me as a toddler and I don't remember much before that.”
 
“Oh. Maybe you could come to Konoha! It's a great place! You too Haku!” The other two smiled at the blonde genins' enthusiasm. Haku made his mirrors vanish and the three moved to join the others.
 
“Naruto are you alright?”
 
“I'm fine now Kakashi-sensei. Who's that?” Naruto pointed at Harry.
 
“My aniki, Harry.” Sasuke told him and Naruto waved.
 
“Hi! I'm Uzumaki Naruto. Thanks for stopping the fight.” Harry smiled.
 
“No problem Naruto. So, since the kids can get along think you two can stop fighting?” Harry asked, amusement lacing his voice. Zabuza sighed.
 
“Harry we accepted the job to kill the bridge builder.”
 
“How much?” Harry interrupted.
 
“What?”
 
“How much did the creep offer to pay you?” Harry asked seriously and when Zabuza named the figure he smiled.
“So if I offer double for you not to kill him?” Harry asked mischievously earning a lot of disbelieving stares.
“What?”
 
“You can afford that?” Zabuza asked in shock and Harry shrugged.
 
“Yeah. It won't even put much of a dent in my inheritance. So what do you say?”
 
“You better be able to pay Harry.”
 
“What is going on here? Good thing I have no plans to pay you. You were meant to kill the builder!” The group turned to see the short, fuming man.
 
“Gato?” Harry asked and Zabuza nodded.
 
“Sorry but I gave them a better offer to not kill him. So I don't suppose you'd be willing to get lost?” Harry asked in an overly sweet tone that made Sasuke smirk.
 
“I don't know who you are but you're outnumbered! Get them!” Harry sighed at Gato's shout.
 
“Sasuke shield.” Harry stated and Sasuke's shield appeared around him and the other children leaving only the three men unprotected.
“If Gato is taken out of the picture what will they do?” Harry asked quietly.
 
“They are cowards, they'll run.” Zabuza stated and Kakashi nodded in agreement. Harry took a deep breath and stepped forward, his wand slipping easily into his hand from its holster.
 
“Avada Kevada.” He stated firmly and the familiar green light rushed out and slammed into Gato who dropped lifelessly to the ground causing his men to freeze in shock. The men looked from their dead employer to the dark haired man standing confidently alongside two very famous shinobi and then turned tail and fled.
“Well that was easy.” Harry drawled earning to disbelieving looks from his friends.
 
TBC...