Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Since When Are There Two Potters? ❯ Chapter 18 ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Not mine.
 
Chapter 18
 
 
Harry smiled as he watched Haku working with Sasuke and Naruto. Kakashi was working with his other two students further off and Zabuza was off by himself somewhere. It had been nearly a week since he'd killed Gato and they'd be leaving soon since the bridge was almost finished. He felt a bit sad about that, as he'd come to feel rather at peace here, now that the people weren't living in fear. Though it would be nice to see Konoha and wether or not it lived up to Naruto's boasts. He turned and smiled as Tsunami walked over. He patted the wood beside him and she joined him.
 
“I wanted to thank you Harry-san, for what you did.” She said softly.
 
“Don't thank me. If I hadn't done it one of the others would have. Men like him make me sick; I just did what I had too to save lives.” Harry explained just as softly. Tsunami nodded and looked over to where the boys were training, Inari watching them.
 
“Will you be going to Konoha with Kakashi-san or travelling with Zabuza-san?”
 
“Konoha. We were planning to head there at some point and now seems as good a time as any.”
 
“Inari will miss all of you.”
 
“He seems like a good kid.”
 
“He's a lot happier now. After…well he wasn't dealing with everything very well.” Harry nodded, he definitely understood.
 
“Hey Harry! Lets finish our spar!” They looked over to see Zabuza approaching from the trees.
 
“I have no desire to go for a swim today, sorry Zabuza.” He yelled back causing Sasuke to laugh and Haku to smile while the others looked at them in confusion.
 
“So we'll stay away from water.” Harry sighed but then nodded and stood up. He went inside and grabbed his sword, ditching the loose shirt he'd been wearing to leave him in a tight green t-shirt and his pants. He walked back outside to find that Kakashi had stopped the girls so that they were all spread out and ready to watch.
 
“What is this? A spectator sport?” Harry grumbled but quickly went through some stretches before indicating he was ready.
“Same rules as last time?”
 
“Agreed.” They took their stances and both waited for the other to attack first.
 
“Rules?” Kakashi asked quietly.
 
“No chakra, at all. First blood, knock out or surrender to win.” Haku explained. Sasuke grinned mischievously and then raised his hands to his mouth.
 
“Kick his arse nii-san!” He yelled, surprising the others.
 
“Language Sasuke.” Harry called without taking his eyes off his opponent. Zabuza finally got tired of waiting and attacked but Harry dodged before launching into an attack of his own.
 
Kakashi watched the two men fight. With no chakra usage allowed it was a lot easier to follow than a normal spar or battle but both men were still very fast. Harry had a slight edge in speed but Zabuza was stronger and had the longer reach. He grinned in amusement as Harry actually landed on Zabuza's blade and then pushed off arching his back to flip off it and kick the other man in the face. Harry landed lightly and flashed his opponent a cheeky grin. Zabuza laughed and rubbed his chin. Kakashi shook his head slightly; it was amazing to see how the brothers could get the people around them to open up. Who'd have thought the Demon of the Mist would ever be sparing like this and laughing after being kicked in the face? It was also very amusing to see the way his two female students watched the two Potters'. Harry just laughed it off, saying he was used to it while Sasuke would ignore it or vanish until they gave up. He wasn't rude about it or anything and was willing to help them out but he hated their attempts at flirting. He chuckled as Zabuza managed to knock Harry over but the other man managed to roll quickly back to his feet to block the next blow.
 
----------------------------------
“Good fight. You would have made a great ninja if you'd been trained with chakra.” Zabuza commented later that evening. Harry just smiled and shook his head.
 
“No thanks. I've had enough of fighting to last me the rest of my life.” He finished quietly. Sensing his brothers' mood Sasuke curled up next to him. Harry wrapped an arm around his shoulders and held him in a loose embrace. They were sitting outside, watching the sunset. Zabuza and Haku were leaving in the morning and the rest of them were leaving the day after. Harry smirked slightly as he remembered the events directly after he had killed Gato. The looks on Zabuza and Kakashi's faces had been priceless. Luckily they had kept their silence until the three had been bedding down for the night in their shared room.
 
Flashback
 
Harry could feel two sets of eyes burning into him as he finished setting up his sleeping bag since Tsunami didn't have enough beds for everyone. He was just happy to have a roof over his head. Haku and Sasuke were sharing a room with Naruto, leaving Sakura and Ino in the room they'd been sharing the entire time. So what if he was being childish and trying to ignore the other two men as long as possible. He had done what he had to make sure they all survived and now he had to live with the consequences, i.e. over curious, very powerful shinobi. Harry sighed and finally turned to face them.
 
“Yes?” He asked, raising an eyebrow and doing a fair imitation of an annoyed Severus.
 
“How did you do it? I've never seen an attack like that.” Kakashi stated. Neither man would admit it but what Harry had done had made them both a little nervous. Dodging something moving at the speed of light was all but impossible, even for shinobi.
 
“Ummmm.” Harry stalled, earning a glare.
“Look there are other things out there besides chakra and I can use one. Sasuke could too until he got sick shortly after I found him. I'd never really heard much about chakra before we settled in Cloud and I'm a bit too old to try and learn a whole new system of energy use. It's a lot more multipurpose than what I've seen of chakra and has several branches. I focused mainly on fighting to protect my family and friends. That was how I killed Gato, I don't like doing it but it was the only way I could see us getting out of that situation with as few deaths as possible.” Harry shrugged and went back to fluffing his pillow for something else to do.
 
“Could you teach others?” Kakashi asked and Harry knew he was imagining the advantage such extra skills would give his village.
 
“No. I was never taught with teaching others in mind and…lets just say I'm a bit unique. Plus there are aids needed that I don't have access to. I might be able to teach one or two tricks to kids you are above normal talent but that would be it.”
 
End Flashback
 
Luckily they hadn't realised that what Sasuke had done to shield the children was different to what Harry had done. He would not let them try to hound Sasuke into teaching others.
 
“So where are you two planning to go now?” Harry asked. Zabuza looked over at Haku who simply smiled.
 
“Nowhere. We plan to travel around and see where we end up.”
 
“Well my payment should make it easier on you.” Harry commented cheerfully.
 
“You don't need to Harry, with Gato dead we had no reason to kill anyone.”
 
“But we made the agreement before I killed him therefore it is still valid.” Harry grinned and Sasuke laughed.
 
“Don't bother arguing Zabuza-san, nii-san will talk you around so you might as well agree now.” Everyone looked at Sasuke; it was the longest sentence he'd spoken since their meeting at the bridge.
 
“All right kid. Looks like we're taking the money Harry.” Harry nodded and threw a wink at his brother who smiled and nodded.
 
---------------------------------
Harry watched, amused, as Naruto bounced around and annoyed his teammates. They were waiting for Kakashi at the bridge with the whole town gathered to farewell them. Zabuza and Haku had been shocked to receive a similar send off the previous day but in the end they had turned against Gato and so the townspeople had turned up to say goodbye.
 
“I wonder what's keeping him?” The three genin stared at Harry.
 
“How long have you known Kakashi-sensei, Harry-san?” Sakura asked.
 
“Not very long, why?”
 
“Because he's always late and has the dumbest excuses!” Naruto yelled. Harry blinked and then nodded. Exactly how much sugar did Naruto consume daily? But behind his almost manic attitude Harry could see eyes almost as world weary as his own and Sasuke's.
 
“Yo!” Harry looked up to see a familiar masked figure approaching.
 
“See?” Naruto grumbled.
 
“You're Late!” Sakura and Ino yelled, making the others wince at their volume. Some of the crowd laughed as Kakashi tried to come up with an excuse. Goodbyes were said and then they were on their way. Part way across the bridge Harry chuckled, just managing to hear as the bridge was named. Since gaining his animagus form his senses had been enhanced even in human form.
 
“Nii-san?” Sasuke asked quietly.
 
“They named the bridge, the Great Naruto Bridge.” He answered just as quietly though he knew Kakashi had heard them. The six settled into an easy pace as they walked, the two adults at the back of the group with the children pairing of by gender, Naruto trying to get Sasuke to open up more. Harry smiled as he watched the two, already seeing a budding friendship that would hopefully help them both.
 
TBC…