Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Since When Are There Two Potters? ❯ Chapter 19 ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Don't own them.
 
Chapter 19
 
 
Harry looked up at the high walls of Konoha and smiled. He laughed outright as Naruto did a little jig of happiness before pulling Sasuke into it to everyone's amusement. Sasuke smiled at his new friend as he was swung around, the blonde's happiness was contagious.
 
“We're home!” Naruto yelled as they danced. Sakura and Ino watched the two, torn between laughing and berating their teammate.
“You guys will love Konoha! It's the best village and I'm going to be Hokage one day!” Harry's gaze flicked to Kakashi and he noticed the smile hidden by his facemask. Sensing his gaze Kakashi looked over at him and his smile widened until his single visible eye was practically closed.
 
“Good to be home huh?” Harry asked the other man softly.
 
“It always is. Perhaps you'll come to feel the same.” Kakashi hinted and Harry laughed.
 
“Perhaps.” The wizard answered.
 
---------------------------
“Mission complete Hokage-sama.” Kakashi stated and Harry took the time to observe the elderly Hokage. There was something about him that radiated strength and kindness at the same time. Harry knew the man would die to protect his people and that let him relax a bit. The whole atmosphere was helping him relax and he had the feeling they'd found their new home. Sasuke was with Team 7, being shown around since he wasn't really needed for this meeting.
 
“God work. Our guest is?”
 
“Potter Harry sir.” Harry bowed respectfully.
“My younger brother and I would like permission to live here and for him to become a shinobi of the leaf.”
 
“What is his rank?”
 
“He doesn't have one.” Harry answered and Kakashi stepped in.
 
“He'd be a genin. He helped Naruto out during a battle and I've seen him train. Sending him to the Academy would be a waste.” Harry gave him a grateful smile.
 
“And you Potter-san?” Sandaime asked curiously.
 
“I'm no ninja sir. I have no chakra training.”
 
“You carry a sword.” Sandaime stated.
 
“He beat Zabuza in their spar but neither was using chakra.” Kakashi pointed out.
 
“If he had been using chakra I wouldn't have lasted long.” Harry protested. He looked between the two men and decided to be completely honest for the first time since stepping foot on the continent.
“How sound proof is it in here?” That got him two surprised looks.
“For some reason I feel like I can trust you two with the full story about Sasuke and me but I don't want others overhearing.” He explained. Sarutobi nodded and had Kakashi lock the door and secure the room before the three settled in for a long talk.
 
----------------------
Sarutobi and Kakashi stared at their companion in shock. They did not doubt his story, it was too fantastical to be a lie but it still made their heads spin. The man before them had been through so much and yet had retained his faith in humanity and his ability to love. They found themselves secretly hoping that Naruto would grow up to be half the man Harry was since there were several similarities between the two of them.
 
“You've seen the boy Kakashi, any thoughts on his family?” Sandaime finally asked.
 
“Yes, he's almost a carbon copy of Uchiha Itachi at that age.” The third frowned in thought before turning to Harry.
 
“You said he knew his name but not his clan?”
 
“Yes sir. He told me his name was Sasuke.” Harry answered.
 
“I would like to see him myself but I believe he may be Uchiha Sasuke, Itachi's younger brother. The boy vanished without a trace ten years ago and there has been no sign of him since. If he is we must keep it quiet. While the village would love to have a surviving Uchiha we do not know how Itachi would react when word reached him. He might return to finish the job.”
 
“He'd have to get through me first.” Harry stated darkly and Kakashi fought a shiver. The other man was radiating power, seemingly unaware of that fact, and the power far eclipsed his own chakra reserves. The copy-nin found himself almost pitying anyone who tried to harm the pre-teen; Harry was not someone he would want to cross. He may be relaxed and fun-loving most of the time but threaten his brother and he was deadly.
“Even if he was an Uchiha he is a Potter now by blood. There is no reason to tell anyone your suspicions. He could step forward once he's old enough to defend himself from any who would want to kill off the last Uchiha.” The two ninja nodded, it was a good idea.
 
“Hokage-sama, I'd like to have Sasuke placed on my team. If he is an Uchiha and his sharingan develops he'll need help with it. And I should be able to convince my team to keep quiet about it if it does happen, the fewer people who know the better.” Kakashi said and Harry threw him a smile. He'd feel better with Sasuke on a friend's team than that of a total stranger.
 
“You already have a full team Kakashi.” Sandaime pointed out.
 
“True but Ino and Sakura's constant arguing is doing nothing for their teamwork and they leave Naruto out. Sasuke would be a better balance for the team than having both girls. Ino could transfer over to Asuma's team easily enough; she knows both boys and it would please their parents.”
 
“Naruto and Sasuke are already bonding as friends, it will be easier to get him to open up to his team-mates if he has a friend on the team.” Harry added and Kakashi smiled in gratitude even if it was hard to see behind his mask.
 
“Very well, I'll send for Asuma and see what he thinks about adding Ino to his team.”
 
---------------------------------
“Thanks.” Kakashi looked over at Harry.
“For asking to have Sasuke on your team. He likes you and Naruto seems to be able to bring him out of his shell. With the war and all he hasn't had a lot of friends his own age.” Kakashi shrugged.
“By the way, what is the sharingan you mentioned?”
 
“A bloodline ability centred in the eyes.” Harry listened as Kakashi explained the ability, leaving him worried for his brothers' safety if he were truly the missing Uchiha child.
 
“Great.” Harry grumbled. He knew he couldn't protect Sasuke forever but after what had happened to the boy at Tom's hands he half the time wanted to wrap his little brother in cotton wool and lock him away somewhere safe. He didn't notice Kakashi grin before the other man slapped him on the back, making the wizard stumble ever so slightly before he focused on the ninja.
 
“Now that you two are officially citizens we need to find you somewhere to live.”
 
“House shopping, joy.” Kakashi laughed at Harry's reply but pushed the other man along to look at the various places that were for sale.
 
--------------------------------------
Harry watched in amusement as Sasuke inspected their new house from top to bottom with all the curiosity of a cat, Hedwig perched on his shoulder and Sevy following at his heels. The three really made a cute picture and he wished for a camera but he had yet to buy a new one after the last one died a mysterious death back in Cloud.
 
“So what do you think?” He asked when Sasuke returned to the living room. The boy smiled at him and hugged him.
 
“It's perfect nii-san.” Harry grinned and ruffled the unruly dark hair even as Sasuke tried to dodge his hand.
 
“Glad to hear it. Pick the bedroom you want, I've got the blue one at the front.” Sasuke nodded, he'd already guessed that since Harry always took the bedroom closest to the door so that anyone breaking in would have to get past him first before getting to Sasuke.
“Unpack fully this time, we're here to stay.” Sasuke's eyes widened in shock and then he grinned.
“Take a seat kiddo, we need to talk about some things.” Harry sat down on the couch, grateful that the house had come with basic furnishings.
 
“Is something wrong?” Sasuke asked, worried.
 
“Nope.” Harry thought about how to explain exactly.
“The Hokage wants to see you to be sure but they're pretty sure they know who your family were.” Harry paused to let Sasuke assimilate that bit first. He saw the shock, fear, hope and then sadness.
 
“Were?” Sasuke asked quietly.
 
“They were wiped out four years ago…by one of their own. He's an S-classed missing-nin now. And if Sandaime is correct, you're older brother.” Sasuke stared at Harry in shocked disbelief. Harry pulled him into his arms and Sasuke curled into the embrace instinctively.
“I'm sorry kiddo.” Harry whispered.
 
“How…how sure are they?”
 
“Apparently you're a dead ringer for Itachi at age twelve, Itachi would be your older brother.”
 
“No he isn't. You're my nii-san, not him. How could he kill them all?”
 
“I don't know Sasuke, I don't know. That's why even if it's true we have to keep it a secret.”
 
“Because he could come after me.” Sasuke worked out, frowning.
 
“Yes. For your safety no one but the Hokage, Kakashi and I will know about this and you can't tell anyone. The Uchiha were a powerful clan with a bloodline ability, the sharingan. There are a lot of people who would kill you for it, even though you haven't awakened it. That's why you are taking Ino's place on Kakashi's team. He has a single sharingan eye, a transplant, so he's the only one who will be able to teach you.” Sasuke listened and nodded to show he understood.
“We have a chance here Sasuke, to truly belong and make friends.” Harry hugged his brother before shooing him off to choose his room and settle in.
 
--------------------------------
Harry rested a protective hand on Sasuke's shoulder as the Hokage circled them, studying the pre-teen closely. Kakashi was slouched against the wall opposite them, giving silent comfort even if he didn't realise it.
 
“There is no way to be absolutely certain unless he awakes the sharingan but I am as certain as I can be that Potter Sasuke is the missing Uchiha child, Uchiha Sasuke.”
 
“But can he awaken it?” The two other men turned to Harry.
“The adoption ritual made me his father by blood, he is a Potter and he has shown a few family traits since then.”
 
“What of his mother?” Kakashi asked.
 
“Since I'm not married or anything I didn't have a partner to adopt him in that role so his birth mother is still his mother by blood.”
 
“Then he can awaken it. His mother was also an Uchiha.”
 
“Sounds like the purebloods nii-san.” Sasuke commented and Harry nodded.
 
“Yeah, inbreeding. Don't tell me your clans only marry from within.” Harry grumbled and the others smiled.
 
“Mostly that is true.” Sarutobi answered.
 
“You do know the genetic problems inbreeding can cause right?” Harry shuddered at the thought, he was glad to only be a half-blood since Lily had been muggleborn.
 
“True but it refines their clan abilities.”
 
“Weird but not my problem.” Harry shrugged. Kakashi grinned behind his mask; Harry was odd but definitely likeable. It was a pity he wasn't a ninja, he'd make a good person to have at your back during a mission.
 
“You must not tell anyone of your probable relationship to Itachi, do you understand?” Sarutobi addressed Sasuke and the boy nodded.
 
“Yes Hokage-sama.” Sasuke bowed politely, making the adults smile slightly. Sasuke accepted the offered hitai-ate and tied it around his head so that the metal plate rested against his forehead.
 
“Take the next week to train your team's teamwork Kakashi.” The jounin nodded and the three left the office.
 
“I'll pick you up tomorrow for training Sasuke.”
 
“Yes sensei.” With that Kakashi was gone, leaving the siblings to head home.
 
Tbc…
Trying to decide what to do about the chuunin exams since Orochimaru wouldn't be targeting Sasuke. Plus Harry might have a word or two for Kakashi if he puts his little brother into the exam so quickly.