Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Since When Are There Two Potters? ❯ Chapter 20 ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Not mine.
 
Chapter 20
 
 
“HATAKE!” Yep, right on time. Kakashi straightened from where he'd been slouched against the wall in the lounge as the other occupants all looked at him.
 
“Nice knowing you all.” He said casually.
 
“Whoever that is sounds mad.”
 
“Considering I just nominated his baby brother for the Chuunin exams it's not surprising.”
 
“The new kid on your team, that's his brother? I thought he's a civilian?” Genma asked.
 
“A civilian deadlier than a lot of shinobi.” Kakashi stated.
 
“And you made him that mad? Don't worry, we'll throw you a nice funeral.” Anko said as the door flew open. Harry stood in the doorway, glaring at Kakashi. Hardened ninja or not he wanted to run, he'd seen how quickly Gato had died and that had been when Harry was in a relatively good mood. The rest of the ninja in the room studied the young man. Messy dark hair was cut relatively short and dark emerald eyes were locked on Kakashi. His clothes were plain but functional and the way he stood said he was no stranger to fighting.
 
“A word Hatake-san.” Harry bit out and Kakashi obediently followed him from the room.
“Sasuke had some very interesting news today.” Harry stated coldly.
 
“Just because they've been nominated doesn't mean they have to participate. I think they're ready.” Harry gave him a look of pure disbelief.
 
“After being a team for less than a month? He asked sarcastically.
 
“Their teamwork is all but flawless despite that. Sasuke settles Naruto and inspires Sakura to actually train harder. Both of them listen to him and have even put aside most of their differences. He's got a fairly diverse jutsu arsenal thanks to your travels plus his other skills. Naruto is the powerhouse, Sasuke the tactician and Sakura the support. I think they can make it.” To his relief Harry seemed calmer now.
 
“Fine. But if anything happens to any of them…” He let the threat trail off and left, allowing Kakashi to relax. Being yelled at by an over protective chuunin was bad enough; Harry was a hundred times scarier.
 
---------------------------
“You sure you want to do this?” Harry asked for what had to be the hundredth time making Sasuke smile.
 
“Yes nii-san. I doubt we'll make it very far but it will be good experience.”
 
“Okay. But if at any point you think you're out of your league or in real danger then grab the others and get out. We'll find some way to explain it later.”
 
“We'll be fine nii-san. Did you really have to yell at Kakashi-sensei?”
 
“He deserved it. He could have warned me.” Harry grumbled and Sasuke laughed.
 
“Nii-san's got a crush.” Harry's eyes widened and he swatted the boy.
 
“Don't be silly, we're friends, that's all.”
 
“Uh ha. You know there's this nice river in Egypt…”
 
“Get going imp.” Harry hugged him.
“Good luck kiddo.” Sasuke waved as he walked down the path from the house.
 
“Really Potter-san, did you have to yell at Kakashi?” Harry turned and bowed politely to the Hokage.
 
“He's lucky that's all I did. Can I help you with anything?”
 
“Would you mind joining me in my office?”
 
“Of course not sir.” Harry followed the older man to the tower and up to his office. If the group present surprised him he didn't show it. Kakashi gave a small wave and pushed out the empty seat beside him. Harry sat next to him, looking around curiously. Why exactly was he here?
 
“Our spies have indicated that an attack has been organised, to take place during the exams. Unfortunately that is all they have uncovered. Security will need to be increased at one.”
 
“Excuse me Hokage-sama, but why is a civilian here?” A jounin asked.
 
“I invited Potter-san because he an give us a unique viewpoint and ideas. That is, if you are willing?” Everyone turned to Harry.
 
“This is our home now Hokage-sama. I will do everything in my power to protect it.” Harry held Sarutobi's gaze and the old man smiled. Many of their shinobi were too young to have fought in the last was or had only been genin at the time. Harry had been fighting a war for a good portion of his life and that experience could prove invaluable.
 
------------------
“How'd it go?” Sasuke smiled proudly.
 
“We passed, it was a test of our information gathering skills, extremely easy.” Sasuke shrugged but couldn't make his smile go away.
 
“Congratulations. What's next?” Harry asked even though he was now fully briefed on the exams.
 
“Survival in the Forrest of Death starting tomorrow. I need to pack for a week.”
 
“Make sure you pack for every eventuality.” Harry said tightly causing Sasuke to pause and look at him.
 
“Nii-san?”
 
“Just be extra careful. Keep Naruto and Sakura close and trust no one else.” Sasuke's eyes widened slightly but he nodded in understanding, trouble was expected.
 
-------------------------
Harry put the maps down on the table with a tired smile.
 
“Not the masterpiece my father and his friends created but they work. Anyone shows up who isn't meant to be around and you'll know.” Sarutobi stared as the maps in awe as small labelled dots moved around.
 
“Excellent work Harry, this will be a great help.” Harry shrugged; enchanting the maps hadn't been hard, just time consuming. Without thinking about it his eyes sought out Team 7 and he was pleased by their progress. However he frowned when he noticed the single name quickly approaching them.
“Harry?”
 
“Sorry, watching Sasuke's team. They're about to run into someone.” Sandaime looked down and paled.
 
“Get Anbu in there now!” He yelled.
 
“What is it?” Harry asked worriedly.
 
“Orochimaru is no genin. He is an S-ranked criminal.” Harry looked at the map again and swore.
 
“Anbu won't make it in time. Get three people who an help against him, I'll get them there.” Harry closed his eyes, calling his sword to him before transfiguring his clothes into something more appropriate for battle. Kakashi, Anko and Gai entered the room.
 
“Orochimaru is approaching Team 7, head him off.” Sandaime ordered.
 
“Everyone hold onto me and brace yourselves.” Harry ordered and they quickly obeyed. With a near inaudible pop they were gone.
 
---------------------------
“I put us between him and the kids. They're to the east.” Harry told them.
 
“Harry think of this as fighting Riddle again.” Kakashi warned and Harry's eyes hardened as he nodded, drawing his sword. He'd use it as a focus instead of either of his wands to lessen the questions he knew the others would have after the fight. He centred himself, stretching out with his magic to san their surrounds. He gently brushed Sasuke's mind and the teen swiftly hanged their course in acknowledgement. He hissed softly as he brushed up against a presence that reminded him far too much of Tom's.
“Harry?” The wizard pointed and Kakashi nodded. The ninja vanished into the forest while Harry disillusioned himself. A dark haired man ran into the clearing and Harry lashed out with his magic, sending a cutting curse across his ribs. Only well honed instincts and reflexes kept Orochimaru from being cut in half. The sannin stopped, scanning the forest warily. He was then forced to dodge shuriken thrown from three different directions.
 
“Surrender Orochimaru.” Kakashi ordered.
 
“Very good, but I have things to do.” He went to leave only to slam into an invisible wall. The air rippled slightly as Harry reappeared.
 
“Going somewhere?”
 
TBC…