Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Since When Are There Two Potters? ❯ Chapter 24 ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Not mine!
 
Chapter 24
 
 
Harry looked over to Kakashi only to see the other man giving him a worried look. So much for keeping his family quiet. There was no way he could obliviate the entire stadium, or was there? He blinked as white feathers suddenly started falling around him and frowned as his magic reacted automatically to the threat, flaring around him visibly for a split second. He saw a few people around him making hasty handseals, Kakashi and Sakura included. Realising it was an attack he grabbed one of Lee's crutches, making it into a portkey and then slapped it across Lee and Kakashi's chests, transporting them back to the safety of the hospital. He pulled the hitai-ate from his pocket and tied it on, frowning at the odd feel before turning to his student.
 
“Sakura find Naruto and join up with Sasuke. Watch each others backs and don't get killed.” He looked down into the arena to see the referee talking to Sasuke even while standing in front of him to keep a sand-nin away from him. Sasuke nodded and took off after his fleeing opponent.
“Okay so help Sasuke go after those three sand kids and be careful.”
 
“Yes sensei.” Harry watched her go for a second to make sure she made it out all right before turning to face the man caught by his magic. With a brief wave of his hand he sent the man flying. He quickly summoned his sword and looked around.
 
“Gai!” He yelled, pointing to the roof where some sort of shield had sprung up.
 
“There is nothing we can do.” Gai told him as they fought.
 
“Maybe you can't.” Harry focused his magic and vanished with barely a sound leaving Gai to shake his head in wonder.
 
-------------------
Orochimaru hissed as he was nearly impaled on a sword that had come out of nowhere. He stared at the man in shock, how had he gotten inside the barrier? He quickly realised it was the same man that had been with Anko in the forest only now he wore a Konoha hitai-ate. Emerald eyes were narrowed in concentration and anger as they locked with his own.
 
“You all right Hokage-sama?”
 
“Fine thank you Potter-san.” Sarutobi smiled at the younger man, the odds of Orochimaru being defeated had just gone up a considerable amount.
 
“Do you really think the two of you can defeat me? You must be getting senile in your old age Sarutobi-sensei.” Orochimaru taunted and to his surprise Potter grinned.
 
“We can beat you.” The dark haired man taunted, his grin morphing into a smirk. He raised his sword making Orochimaru pull his own out even while Sarutobi readied his summon turned staff.
 
------------------------------
Kakashi steadied Lee as best he could as they suddenly appeared back in the hospital. It didn't help that the teen was fast asleep making Kakashi take his full weight while trying to balance on his own crutches. A passing nurse stopped to stare at them for a second before moving to help. He sat on the bed he was led to and worried about his team. He understood why Harry had done what he did but that didn't mean he liked it. But he was in no condition to fight; all he would do was become a liability if he had stayed. He only hoped the kids could protect each other. He knew Harry would protect them if he could but there was no guarantee they were still together. He clenched his fists, if only he had dodged quicker he would be out there with the others fighting to protect his home instead of in the hospital wondering what was going on.
 
Kakashi sagged tiredly and leant back against the pillows. Even in the hospital he could distantly hear the sounds of fighting. He hoped they'd managed to get the civilians evacuated quickly enough. He winced as his wound sent a sharp ache through his stomach and moved a hand to check his bandages, relieved to find no blood on them. Harry had done a good job on the wound before the medics had even had a go and apparently instead of the large scar he had expected there would only be a small one. He was grateful for that, he had enough scars as it was; he really didn't need a large one across his abdomen. Now, if only he wasn't stuck in here.
 
His thoughts wandered to what had been said after he was injured and since. Was it possible? Did he like Harry? Even if he did like the wizard could the other man really feel anything for him? Did he? He'd let Harry close, closer than he had let anyone recently. There was something about Harry, something that made him feel safe and that was not a feeling he was used to anymore. He knew that Harry was powerful, could look after himself so he wasn't really afraid that the other man would die and leave him behind like so many already had but even the powerful die. Could he open himself up to that sort of hurt again? He groaned and buried his head in his hands.
 
-----------------------------
Sasuke looked at Naruto and Sakura, standing either side of him and facing off against the three teens from Sand. He closed his eyes briefly, listening, needing some sort of idea. Taking a deep breath he straightened, ready to fight.
 
“Sakura you take the girl, Naruto Gaara. Be careful, don't underestimate them, especially Gaara.” His friends nodded and they moved to face their opponents. He didn't like pitting Naruto against the sand wielder but he knew it was the way things had to be. He eyed the other teen, knowing from the prelims that he was a puppet user. The older teen smirked confidently at him and Sasuke met it with a bland look, knowing better than to let emotion overwhelm him while fighting. There was nothing wrong with having emotions during a fight, most magic needed it, but there was a difference between having them and being overwhelmed by them. He readied himself for the fight while keeping an eye on the others.
 
------------------------
Harry grimaced slightly as he dodged another attack. Dealing with Orochimaru was annoying enough but having to face two resurrected Hokage's as well was just plain frustrating. At least Sarutobi had kept the last one from rising, from the look on the old mans face things would have been very bad if that final coffin had opened. However things were getting rather ridiculous and he could see Sarutobi weakening. He took a deep breath and raised his sword, gathering the full force of his magic and channelling it through the merged blade. It was time to end this fight.
 
------------------------------
Kakashi blinked and then smiled at the figure standing in the doorway. He got a small smile in return and then Harry staggered tiredly into the room to collapse in the chair beside the bed.
 
“Are you hurt?” Kakashi couldn't hide his worry and was relieved when Harry shook his head.
 
“Just tired. Helped Sandaime with Orochimaru who decided to even the odds by resurrecting two previous Hokage's. Lets just say it wasn't a fun fight.” Harry stretched in his seat.
“The kids are okay, Sakura's in for observation for a blow to the head. She passed out for a bit apparently but she was awake if groggy when Naruto carried her in, awake and threatening him for carrying her.” Harry chuckled slightly.
“Naruto's simply tired and Sasuke had a few scrapes and bruises but a healing potion took care of them.”
 
“Sandaime-sama? What happened to Orochimaru?” Kakashi asked quickly and Harry closed his eyes tiredly.
 
“The snake got away. The Hokage is a little banged up but he'll heal. He's pretty spry for an old guy.” Kakashi relaxed and then nearly jumped as he felt calloused fingers entwine with his. Eye wide he stared at Harry who swallowed nervously and then went to pull away but Kakashi tightened his grip.
 
“I'm glad you're okay. I was mad when you sent us away at first but I understand why you did it, in my current condition I would have been a liability and not help.” Harry nodded and relaxed back into his chair, leaving his hand tangled with Kakashi's. He smiled softly when he noticed the other man had fallen asleep, obviously tired from the days excitement. He stood quietly and disentangled their hands, he had things to do and as much as he would have liked to he couldn't just sit about. But he hesitated to leave and found his hand gently brushing through silver hair.
 
“What are you doing to me?” He murmured before forcing himself from the room.
 
----------------------
“Nii-san!” Sasuke called with a smile as Harry let himself into Sakura's room. He hugged his brother and then Naruto before perching on the edge of Sakura's bed.
 
“How are you all doing?” Unlike Sasuke the other two teens had never had a taste of war before and he wanted to make sure they were handling it okay.
 
“I'm fine! I don't know why they're making me stay here and in bed!” Sakura grumbled making him chuckle.
 
“You took a nasty hit Sakura, better a night now then possible side effects in the future.” Not that there would be thankfully, he'd already done a quick scan with the wand hidden in his sleeve. From the look Sasuke gave him the teen had already done his own scan of his teammate and didn't appreciate being doubted so Harry shot him a sheepish look and the teen smiled.
 
“How's Kakashi-sensei?” Sakura asked.
 
“He's okay, he was sleeping when I left him. He asked about you three and was relieved to hear you're all still in one piece.” Harry reached out and ruffled Sasuke's hair, earning him a glare.
“He was impressed with your fights.” He added and smiled as the two boys beamed. He stayed with the three for a while longer before herding the two boys from the room to let Sakura rest.
“Come on Naruto, you can take the guest room for tonight, I don't think you want to be alone after today.” Harry wrapped an arm around each teen and they headed home.
 
TBC…