Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Since When Are There Two Potters? ❯ Chapter 26

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Not mine.
 
Chapter 26
 
“Ready to get out of here?” Kakashi looked up and smiled at Harry.
 
“More than ready.” He answered as he stood up slowly, Harry steadying him when he wavered.
“Are you alright?” Kakashi asked, now that he was seeing Harry up close.
“What happened?”
 
“The stupid, idiotic fools on the Council. They demanded that I give up Sasuke.” Harry growled out and Kakashi winced.
 
“Well you obviously haven't been arrested for murder so what happened?” He asked as they made their way from the hospital towards Harry's since the only reason he'd been released was that Harry had offered to keep an eye on him. And considering they were getting closer, Kakashi had no complaints.
 
“Sandaime showed up in time and backed me up. Seems he's decided I'm one of his shinobi.”
 
“What?” Harry laughed and fished the band from his pocket.
“When did that happen?”
 
“After you ended up in hospital. He thought it would be better if things came down to a fight if I was easily recognisable as fighting for Konoha. Friendly fire isn't after all.”
 
“So are you being put on the roster of active shinobi?” Kakashi asked as Harry paused to open his front door.
 
“No clue but I doubt it. At least I hope not. Had my fill of war thank you very much.” Harry told him as he helped Kakashi settle on the couch.
 
“So how long am I under house arrest?” Kakashi grinned at Harry who rolled his eyes.
 
“Until the doctors clear you for duty.” Harry answered heading for the kitchen.
 
“Meany!” Harry's answer was a laugh at Kakashi's expense.
“Do I actually have to stay in the house all the time?” Harry handed him a cup of tea and sat beside him, slowly reaching out to take his hand. Kakashi smiled and squeezed gently before pulling back.
 
“Kakashi?” Harry frowned slightly and then watched as Kakashi reached up and pulled his mask down. Harry's frown melted into a smile and he reached out to run a hand down Kakashi's cheek.
 
“Do you...we're do you see this going?” Kakashi asked hesitantly.
 
“I like you Kakashi, a lot. Not many people can trigger a spontaneous change to my animagus form but you getting hurt did. I want to give us a chance, see where it could go. That is, if you want to?” Harry admitted, feeling more nervous than he had in a long time.
 
“I'd like that.” Kakashi leant forward and brushed his lips against Harry's. Harry smiled and let Kakashi lead, letting a hand rest on Kakashi's shoulder. Kakashi pulled back, looking Harry in the eye to gauge his reaction. Harry smiled and leant in to rest against Kakashi who wrapped an arm around his shoulders.
 
“Niisan!” The door slammed open and Sasuke came running in only to freeze at seeing his teacher and brother curled together. Kakashi tensed but Harry held him still. Sasuke grinned and curled into Harry's free side.
“About time.” Sasuke commented smugly and Harry laughed.
 
“Watch it kiddo or get stuck with a lot of chores for a while.” Harry warned and Sasuke fake pouted.
“Now why were you yelling?”
 
“There were some pretty creepy guys watching us today. The others didn't notice them.”
 
“Did you get a look?” Harry asked, immediately alert.
 
“Black cloaks and white masks, swords too.”
 
“Anbu.” Kakashi stated, frowning.
 
“Keep an eye for them; I got an escort of two to see the Council today. I think the Sandaime and I settled things but be wary.” Harry ordered and Sasuke nodded.
 
“Naruto said he's leaving for a while?”
 
“Jiraiya's taking him while he runs some errands outside the village.” Harry explained and Sasuke nodded again.
 
----------------------------
“Harry I'm bored.”
 
“Read your book.” Kakashi pouted and Harry forced himself to ignore it as he continued his work.
 
“Harry.” He put his pen down and stared at his, what? Boyfriend?
 
“Fine. We'll go get lunch out, okay?” Kakashi nodded and went to get his mask. Harry shook his head fondly; sometimes Kakashi was like a big kid. They left the house and wandered around before finally heading for a teahouse only for Asuma and Kurenai to call out to them.
 
“How are you feeling Kakashi?” Kurenai asked.
 
“Fine.” Harry snorted at the answer.
 
“So the doctors won't clear you for duty because?” He drawled and the others laughed at Kakashi's embarrassment.
 
“Are you enjoying being an acting sensei?” Asuma asked and Harry shrugged.
 
“I'll be glad when Kakashi can take over again. Sasuke's fine, I've been teaching him stuff all his life. Naruto warmed up to me incredibly fast and he does listen. Sakura drives me up the wall sometimes though. Though with Naruto out of town it's easier with only the two.” Harry saw Asuma's gaze flick to two men in the teahouse and he nodded almost unnoticeable to say he'd seen them. When he glanced again they were gone.
 
“Let's go. Kakashi.” Asuma said.
 
“I'm coming. If I'm right you'll need me.”
 
“I've got him.” Harry said and they took off.
 
--------------------------
Harry locked blades with Kisame, giving Asuma the chance to recover. He was just glad Kakashi was hanging back; there was no way he was recovered enough for such a tough fight. He couldn't believe that the other was Sasuke's brother. Sure there was a definite family resemblance but he was so cold! He hoped Kurenai could hold up against him but something told him she was no match for the Uchiha.
 
Asuma was holding his arm to keep him above the water and Harry quickly taped into his magic so that he was actually levitating slightly above the surface. Itachi and Kisame stood opposite their small group waiting for something. Then Itachi's eyes changed.
 
“Don't look him in the eyes!” Kakashi called and Harry looked over at Kisame instead, trusting his friend. He could just see Kakashi raising his headband and realised he was going to try to face Itachi alone, something the missing-nin seemed to find amusing. Harry growled as Kakashi collapsed and then looked Itachi straight in the eye, attacking before the other could react he slammed into Itachi's mental barriers with all the force of his magic. Itachi staggered back under the onslaught as Harry ruthlessly attacked, pulling at all of the other's memories, thoughts and feelings.
 
Asuma risked cracking open an eye to see Itachi reeling in pain away from Harry who now stood protectively in front of Kakashi. Kisame grabbed his partner and the two men vanished. Harry slumped slightly, obviously tired, but he still managed to grab Kakashi and haul him upright.
 
“We need to get him to the hospital.” Asuma called and Harry nodded before he and Kakashi vanished.
 
TBC...