Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Storm Warning-Part 1 ❯ Chapter 20

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

This story contains scenes of explicit sex, naughty words, and other horrible, offensive things.  If you are underage in you house, village, town, city, community, state, province, country, or continent: READ NO FURTHER!  If that type of thing offends your tender sensibilities, or you are stupid: READ NO FURTHER!  All characters are the copyright of their respective creators and/or owners; no copyright infringement is intended by this story.  Any resemblance to people, places, or situations alive, dead, or otherwise is purely coincidental.
 
 
Chapter 20
Three and a Half Days Later
**Master, there's a group of Feral Pokegirls up ahead.  I think they know you're coming and are going to ambush you.** Involuntarily Tank looked around at the surrounding landscape, trying to make out the features through the current chilling and driving rain.  For the past few days he and his Pokegirls had been making their way through one of the passes that led through the Elsinore Mountains.  As usual, Tank had used the traveling time to test and train his Pokegirls.  It had taken them about two days to reach the top of the pass, being attacked twice by groups of Feral Pokegirls.
The first time it had been a swarm of Wasps and the second battle had been with an Arachnae.  Luckily they had been able to defeat and drive away their ambushers without any damage to themselves both times.  Tank, therefore, hadn't bothered to stop at the automated PokeCenter that was situated just off the road near the crest of the pass.  The Great White League had set up a number of these independent PokeCenters in different places in the wilderness for the aid of wandering Tamers.  Because they were so out of the way it wasn't possible to staff them all like normal PokeCenters.  Instead they were mostly automated to handle the routine care and healing cycles generally needed.  In addition, they contained communication equipment for Tamers whose Pokegirls needed more specialized care.
Since it wasn't necessary to stop in Tank and his Harem had continued on their way down the path and into the wild terrain beyond.  Today was the first day that they could tell they were reaching the flatter spaces beyond the Elsinore Mountains.  The towering walls of the mountains were starting to fall away and the slope was decidedly gentler.  It seemed, however, that his group wasn't the only ones in the region.
Tank held up his hand, stopping the other Pokegirls who looked at him curiously. 
“Asuka has spotted a group of Feral Pokegirls up ahead,” he explained shortly.  Then he cast a thought out to his Bonded Succubus; **Asuka, how many of them are there?  And what breed of Pokegirl are they?**
The reply came quickly; **There's about twenty of them, but I'm not sure what kind they are.  They look like some kind of dog or wolf Pokegirl.**
Tank grunted at that as he tried to figure out what to do next.  Twenty is too many to go bulling into.  It'd be better to pull into a place we can defend…Tank slowly began rubbing his short blonde hair as he thought the situation over.  Abruptly he turned towards his other Pokegirls, all of whom looked eager for a fight.  The only one who didn't was Washu who was busy with her computers as usual, but Tank trusted that she was trying to get some useful information for them.
“OK,” Tank began explaining what the plan was to his Harem.  “There are twenty of them and we're not quite sure of their capabilities yet, so we're not going to go out looking for trouble.  Instead we're going to pull back to that split in the mountain wall we passed about ten minutes ago.  Hopefully, they'll wander off and we can go on our way.  If not, it'll be much easier to defend ourselves from there.  Any questions?” Not getting any he nodded and the group began running quickly but carefully over the rocky, wet terrain back to the place he had indicated.  As he ran, Tank checked to make sure Asuka had understood the plan as well and also sent some additional instructions.  **Asuka, I want you to keep an eye on them and let me know what they do, but don't let them see you, OK?**
**You've got it, Master.** She replied, her cheerful feelings clear through their Bond.  Tank sighed; he had a lot of aggressive Pokegirls.
It wasn't long until the group had made their way into the small cleft.  The opening onto the faint trail of the pass was about fifteen feet wide, but it narrowed steadily until it ended around a hundred feet back into the hillside.  Rocks and debris were scattered all along its floor, making the footing a bit treacherous so the first thing Tank did, after everyone had dropped their backpacks, was have his Pokegirls clear out as much of it as possible starting about ten feet from the entrance so they could have clear footing.  Extra rocks, however, were piled up at the entrance itself to make any attack through it more difficult.
Tank had just finished heaving a rather large boulder into the middle of the entrance when a thought from Asuka broke in; **Master, they're on their way up the pass!** Tank sent back an acknowledgment, then passed on the information to his other Pokegirls.  “It looks like we won't be able to avoid a fight, ladies.  They're on their way up to us now.”
“Really?  Excellent!” Tank raised an eyebrow at Washu's enthusiastic response.  The scientific Pokegirl had never seemed like the belligerent type before.  Noting his surprised look she explained; “I left a few sensors behind so I should be able to figure out what breed they are when they come in range.  That should be a big help in our strategy of how to deal with them, don't you think?”
The muscular Tamer nodded his head in agreement and comprehension while he tried to wipe away some of the rain that was dripping down his face and into his eyes.  “Could you also pick out who the pack leader is?” He suddenly asked.
“Uh, maybe,” Washu answered slowly.  “I definitely could if we can get them to react to something, maybe some kind of provocation.” The red-haired Pokegirl's sharp green eyes suddenly snapped back to her computer screens.  “Ah, they've moved into reach of my sensors!  Yes, I see now!  They're definitely Artit Wolves and there are…23 of them!  Hmmm…That's a much larger pack than normal.  Maybe three or four times bigger than the average.”
“Yeah,” Tank agreed.  “That's one of the reasons I want you to pick out the pack leader as soon as you can.”  Seeing a questioning look by his Pokegirls he went on, “If we take out the leader it should go a long way to breaking the morale of the others and because this pack is so big it will lose a lot of its cohesion and probably break into a bunch of smaller packs without the authority of their pack leader to keep them together.  Also,” he added with a smile. “Any Feral Pokegirl with the natural strength and authority to hold together such a large pack would make a great addition to our group, don't you think?” There were some tentative nods at that. “Well, at any rate, the first thing we need to do is distract them before they can swarm over us and give Washu the time to mark out the pack leader.”
“A few fireballs should break them up and render them biddable to our control,” Lulu remarked in the cool, detached voice she always used except during Tamings.  Ryoko nodded her hearty agreement; both the Sorceress and the Space Kit being strong believers in the idea of `peace through superior firepower.'
“Mmm…That might be a bit too much for this situation,” Tank commented as he mulled over different possibilities.  Finally, he turned to Ryoko.  “Ryoko,” he asked the Space Kit.  “Do you think you could go out their and provoke them a bit?  You know swoop down on them, taunt them by staying out of reach?” Before the Space Kit could reply he warned; “Now, I don't want you to get in a fight with them or anything; no using your energy bolts.  And you're going to have to be careful of their Ice Breath attacks.  All I want is for you to slow them down and make them react to you.  You should have a bit of a cat scent about you and it'll probably drive them crazy.  That should give Washu the opportunity to see which Pokegirl is their leader.”
“I can do it, Tank.  No prob,” the Space Kit agreed confidently.
Tank fixed his eyes on his Pokegirl's as he said seriously, “Be careful, Ryoko.”
“It's nice to know you care, big guy,” she said with a saucy grin that flashed her sharp teeth.  Then, with a quick kiss on his cheek, she was off into the air towards the Artit Wolves, whose howling and barking the group could all hear as the Feral Pokegirls came up the trail towards their makeshift fortress.  Those howls turned to yips and yowls of confusion as Ryoko went to work, infuriating them and making them forget about the larger group of prey they had been hunting down.  Washu's head remained glued to her computer screens and Tank looked on impassively, waiting for her judgment, although he did flinch a little when the sounds of the Artit Wolves' Ice Breath attacks began echoing around the walls of the pass.  It wasn't long until Washu looked up with satisfaction and said, “Got her!”
“Can you mark her somehow so we can all see who she is?” At Washu's nod he went on, “Please do so as soon as you're able to then.” Turning to his other Pokegirls he began explaining what he wanted from them.  “OK, we're going to head out into the pass now.  The first thing I'd like to happen is for you to Entangle the pack leader as soon as you can make her out, all right Kodachi?”
Kodachi nodded a bit dubiously, thinking of the scattered, scraggly plants they had seen in the rocky pass.  “I can do it, Tank-sama.  But not even the Black Rose's mighty Entangle assault will be strong enough to hold her for very long.  There's just not enough vegetation here for my puissant powers to work with.”
“That's OK,” Tank said soothingly.  “We only need to immobilize her for a short time.  While Kodachi's entangling the pack leader I'd like you to create a Shield to protect us from any physical attacks, Lulu.” The dark-haired Sorceress nodded her head in comprehension.  “After your Entangle attack, Kodachi I'd like you to create a Poison Mist around as much of the pack as you can, hopefully that should drive them off.  If it doesn't, I want you to drop your Shield and cast a Wind Gust, Lulu.” When his Pokegirls all nodded their understanding, Tank clapped his hands sharply.  “Let's do it then!”
The Tamer and his Harem quickly clambered over the obstacles they had piled in the entrance of the cleft and were once more in the mountain pass.  About fifteen or twenty feet away they could see the pack of Artit Wolves, their usually pure white fur now changed to a grayish-brown for the warmer spring and summer seasons.  Ryoko was doing an excellent job of annoying them, dodging the occasional Ice Breath, hovering just out of reach and being as infuriating as possible.  For a few moments the arrival of Tank and the other Pokegirls went unnoticed, but not for long.  One of the larger wolf-Pokegirls, she must have approached 7 feet in height when she stood on her hind legs, began snarling commands and about fifteen of the other Pokegirls split from the group and began dashing toward the newcomers.  A reddish glow immediately highlighted this larger Artit Wolf as the pack leader.
The assaulting Pokegirl were about five feet away from Tank, Kodachi, Washu and Lulu when they suddenly came to a crashing halt.  Lulu stood with her right hand outflung, a strange blue sigil glowing on her palm, creating a mystic Shield to protect her group.  A few of the Artit Wolves knocked themselves completely unconscious on the magical wall while the rest were all dazed and confused.  Kodachi, meanwhile, also stepped forward, both of her gloved hands raised high and her grey eyes glowing with power.  In response a number of the thorny bushes that grew on the edge of the trail began quivering with animated life and then suddenly began shooting out to wrap around the Feral Pokegirls' leader.  The large Artit Wolf began snarling, biting and tearing in an effort to free herself from the entrapping plants, but there were too many of them.  She soon fell to the ground wrapped up in the vines of the moving plants.  Tank knew Kodachi was right in saying it wouldn't take long for the powerful Pokegirl to tear her way free, but it should be long enough.
As soon as the Artit Wolf toppled to the ground, Kodachi released her control of the plants and instead produced her gymnastic ribbon; even with her change in clothing styles, it was still her preferred type of whip.  Twirling the ribbon rapidly a sickly green mist was soon enveloping the pack of flustered and leaderless Pokegirls.  Tank soon heard whining cries of distress and pain coming from the cloud.  **Are they running away, Asuka?** He asked his high-flying Succubus.
**A few of them, but most are staying.**
Tank frowned; he'd have to be a bit more forceful.  “Kodachi!  Drop the Mist!” He ordered.  “Lulu!  Wind Gust!”  The noxious green cloud slowly began to fade without Kodachi supplementing it and then it was ripped to shreds as Lulu dropped her Shield and gestured forward with both hands, runes appearing on the backs of both of them.  With the Sorceress's gesture came a howling wind, channeled down the stony pass, tumbling over most of the Artit Wolves and sending a spray of dirt, pebbles and even some smaller rocks pelting into them.  Without their powerful leader to control and inspire them the Feral Pokegirls' spirit broke at these strange, differing attacks and they turned to flee from this weird group of outsiders as quickly as they could.  Kodachi's cold, haughty laugh followed them as they ran away.  **Asuka, Ryoko, hurry them on their way.** Tank commanded his two Bonded, flying Pokegirls.  **Encourage them not to follow us or disturb us again.  Try to drive them off to the east, but don't hurt them too badly.** He added hurriedly as he felt the glee of the chase coming from both his Succubus and his Space Kit.
The gale-force wind fell as quickly as it had risen when Lulu dropped her hands, then Tank and his Pokegirls made their way to the fallen form of the Artit Wolf pack leader.  They were only a few feet away when the Feral Pokegirl managed to snap enough of her bonds to come to her feet, her clear, glacial-blue eyes bright with rage as she rose onto her crooked, dog-like hind legs to tower over her enemies.  Her sharp teeth gleamed in her elongated, wolf-like muzzle as a rumbling snarl rolled up and out of her body.  A puffing `pfft!' sound was suddenly heard and the large Artit Wolf abruptly clapped one hand to her abdomen.  An expression of surprise and confusion was clear in her eyes, which suddenly crossed and then Tank and his Pokegirls scramble back as the big Pokegirl collapsed forward, almost crushing them.
Tank turned in shock to see Washu tucking away what looked like a little gun into one of the many interior pockets of her clothes, a smug expression on her face.  “A tranquilizer gun of my own invention,” she said brightly, looking down at the unconscious form before them.  “Pretty effective, wouldn't you agree?”
“I guess so,” Tank said warily before pulling out an empty Pokegirl to capture the Artit Wolf.  Pocketing the newest addition to the group he looked up into the grey sky from which rain continued to fall.  “Well,” he finally said.  “Let's go back and pick up our packs.  Asuka and Ryoko can meet us at the end of the pass and then we can head out onto the Tundral Plain.” After another sour glance up at the unfriendly sky he concluded, “Once we put some distance between us and the rest of the pack, maybe we can set up camp and try to get dry.”  The Pokegirls nodded enthusiastically at that and then they turned and began trudging back towards their supplies.