Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ Only In Your Eyes Am I Worthy ❯ Fire and Ice ( Chapter 17 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Evangelion: Only In Your Eyes Am I Worthy

Author's Note: Yes, I know, it's been like 5 months since the last update. This chapter has been sitting on my computer half-written since around November I think, but I've been busy. I'm on tour in Japan until May, in case some of you don't know. And today was the first time since December where I've even had a chance to write. I have no scheduled gigs next week so perhaps I'll have time to get another chapter out… more likely I'll add a chapter to one of my DBZ stories, or work on some other story. We'll see.

Required Disclaimer: No own. No money. No conscience. And no jelly donuts! Enjoy and ponder on the glory of GAINAX!

Chapter 17: Fire and Ice

Kaoru watched Shinji eat with an amused smile on his face. "Shinji-kun, have you not eaten this week?"

The third child blinked and then blushed in embarrassment. "Ah… gomen. I feel like I haven't." <Actually I feel more like I haven't eaten in months… why am I so hungry? I just ate a few hours ago…>

"Do not worry yourself over it, Shinji-kun. I find it fascinating." The fifth child stated, still smiling.

"May I…" The dark-haired boy paused and looked down, wondering if he was being too forward with a boy he had just met. "Ah… sorry. But may I ask you a question?"

Nagisa chuckled and nodded. "You have already done so, but you may ask another, yes."

"Ah… ha ha…" Shinji scratched the back of his head nervously and laughed for a moment before becoming serious. "The way Rei… eh… Ayanami-san was looking at you, I got the impression that you two knew each other. You looked at her several times the same way." They stared at each other for several moments before the third child realized that the other boy was still awaiting the question. <He even acts like Rei-chan a little…> "Do you know Ayanami?"

Kaoru nodded. "In a manner of speaking. In a way, she is my little sister. Perhaps I should be cross with you over your relationship with her. You haven't even asked my permission to court her…" The boy smiled in a teasing manner.

Shinji's eyes widened. <Rei's… older brother? But… she's a clone. Oh, but of her original self… so this boy is… her brother? Her older brother? Yes… they look so much alike. Oh my… permission to court her? HE KNOWS?!> The third child began a coughing fit. "I… I didn't know! Gomen! Ah… may I have permission… ah… oh my…" <I think my heart stopped…>

The silver-haired boy laughed freely, ignoring the strange looks that the other patrons of the restaurant gave him. "I did not meet Rei-chan before today, Shinji-kun. My permission is unnecessary. You're cute when you panic."

Shinji froze. <Cute?> He then blinked several times. <Is he… flirting with me?>

"Inappropriate word choice?" Nagisa inquired, seeing the distress on the boy's face. "What do you say in this region… you're funny when you panic?"

<Word choice? Oh I see… culture difference.> "Yes, I suppose so. Um… I'm done eating. Are you ready to go?" Shinji inquired, changing the subject.

"Of course." The red-eyed boy responded then stood, placing his hands into his pockets casually.

They strolled out of the restaurant, no destination seeming to be on their minds when the fifth child paused. "Let's go the other way. I have an apartment this way. I would be honored if you stayed overnight with me."

The third child blinked in surprise. <Stay the night? How unusual.> "Ok." <Why am I spending this much time with him? Oh yes… to give Rei-chan and Asuka-chan a chance to become friends… and I suppose so I can do the same with Kaoru-kun. He's a bit… strange though. But nice.> Shinji followed the fifth child to his apartment to the sounds of Ode to Joy being hummed.

Later, as they were lying down and falling asleep, Kaoru turned to look down at Shinji where he lay on the floor. "You have something on your mind, Shinji-kun? You have a very thoughtful expression on your face."

Shinji blinked and looked up at the older boy, wondering how he could tell his exact facial expression in the dim light. "Well… I was wondering if you could tell me why Ayanami acts so… aloof. You seem to be her total opposite… are you sure you are related?"

The silver-haired boy laughed. "Yes, I am quite sure. However, as to her behavior, I can only speak of my limited observations. She seems… very thoughtful and quiet, but definitely has feelings and opinions that she makes known in her own way. And I think she cares for you more than you may realize."

Shinji blinked and looked up at the older boy. "Why do you say that?"

Kaoru smiled and shook his head. "She seems willing to put up with a lot for you."

The third child frowned in confusion then realized what he was likely talking about. "Oh! No, Asuka-san isn't that bad. Just a little… passionate. You're only seeing her at her worst. She has been through a lot… we all have. Don't judge her for earlier, please."

The fifth child, though he hadn't been talking about Asuka, kept silent about that matter. "Good night, Shinji-kun."

"Oh uh… good night, Kaoru-kun." Shinji replied before rolling over to go to sleep. <I could sure use my SDAT player…> The third child's thoughts then turned to his other two fellow pilots. <Asuka-chan and Rei-chan… they're so different but they compliment each other well. Like… fire and ice. But where does that leave me? Where do I fit in? My head hurts…> Some time later, he was finally able to fall asleep and had strange dreams about flame and ice coming together to form steam.

******************************

"Willkommen in meinem Schlafzimmer! [Welcome to my bedroom!]" Asuka announced, gesturing to her room with a grand gesture.

Rei entered without comment and sat down on the floor. She watched the German girl silently.

"You really should talk more. You make people nervous when you stare like that." The second child commented in a huff, plopping down onto the floor next to the first child.

"I see." The blue-haired girl responded.

The German girl waited for something more to be said but gave up when Rei continued to stare back at her. "See what I mean? You could have said 'I see, thank you Asuka, I will talk more from now on so you don't feel like you're conversing with a wall.' But instead all I get is 'I see' and a blank stare."

The girl with the red eyes blinked. <Is it really that important to you, Shinji, that I become friendlier with Pilot Soryu?> "I will… attempt to say more than I am accustomed to, then."

Asuka raised her arms up triumphantly. "Danke! [Thank you!] That's all I ask. Now, let's eat!" She gestured to an assortment of cookies, candies, and various other junk food items. She then picked up a hotdog and began to eat it. "Mmm… nothing better than processed Schweinefleisch [pig meat/pork] on bread."

Rei watched in fascinated horror as the other girl engulfed the hotdog. "How can you eat that?"

The red-haired girl cocked Ayanami a grin and replied, "What? It's good! You should try some."

"I do not like eating meat." The blue-haired girl replied as she started looking through the stash of goodies and processed food items. "Is there any rice? Or noodles? Or soup… something edible?"

Asuka indicated one item after another with a pointing finger. "The non-meaty items… cheese pizza, bean burrito, and cheesy nachos, then of course there's the sweets… sugar processed to the most delicious extremes."

Rei stared at the food. "Remind me why you were the one to buy all the food?"

"Because I sweet-talked you into it!" Unit 02's pilot replied with a teasing grin.

"…………. Indeed." The first child frowned at the cheese on the chips and pizza. "Pilot Soryu…"

"Rei-chan, call me Asuka. Or Mistress Soryu, whichever you prefer." The second child interrupted her.

"…………………… Asuka-chan, cheese comes from milk. Milk comes from animals. Therefore, milk is, for all intents and purposes, meat." Rei stated matter-of-factly.

"Then eat the burrito. No cheese in that… I think. I didn't realize you were this picky." The red-haired pilot griped, stuffing some pizza into her mouth.

The first child frowned. "One does not have to devour the flesh of animals to enjoy a good meal, Pil… Asuka-chan."

"…. Change of subject. Shinji-kun… how far have you two gotten?" The German girl inquired with a naughty grin as she stretched out, reaching for a chocolate snack of some kind.

"In what?" Rei inquired in a confused tone.

"You know… kissing, smooching, snogging, groping, petting, tasting, touching, rubbing, teasing, squeezing, shagging, screwing, fucking. Need I go on?!" Asuka laughed as she finished naming off every term she could think of.

The first child's cheeks turned red as she blushed at the terms being used. "Oh… um… we have not kissed, or anything else. You are the only person thus far that I have kissed."

The blue-eyed girl blinked in surprise. <I was sure that they had at least made out… if not screwed. How… interesting. I wonder why they haven't kissed?> "Why haven't you two kissed yet?"

Rei contemplated that for a while then responded. "I do not know."

"…. Oh." The second child said. After a thoughtful pause, the next question was, "Have you considered asking him to kiss you?"

The red-eyed pilot blinked. "No. That would be… inappropriate."

Asuka frowned. "Do you want him to kiss you, Rei-chan?"

The blue-haired girl considered that as she absently sniffed at a bean burrito. "……. Yes."

The second child smirked. "You realize he'll never attempt to kiss you without some encouragement, right? You'll probably have to flat out tell him to kiss you. Or take matters into your own hands and kiss him yourself."

Rei blinked. "I see. I had not considered that."

Asuka laughed softly and gazed up at Rei, momentarily distracted by the light playing across the other girl's features. "I never really noticed before how beautiful you are…"

A smile touched the first child's lips. "Thank you, Asuka-chan."

Unit 02's pilot blinked several times then blushed so deeply that her skin matched her hair. "I didn't realize I had said that out loud." <Oh god, I'm so embarrassed... ok change the subject.> "Wanna play some video games?"

Rei stared at the German girl blankly.

"You… don't know about video games?" Asuka asked in disbelief.

"I… have heard of them." was the clone's reply.

The German pilot snorted and flipped on a video game and handed a controller to the other girl. "You're in for a treat then. I'll go easy on you until you get the hang of it."

Another slight smile came to the first child's lips as she started playing, actually having a good time with the other girl. For a time, her troubled thoughts were forgotten as she played the games.

As for Asuka, her thoughts became more troubled, as she stole glances at Rei as they played. A general feeling of distress came to her as she realized she was developing quite a crush on the blue-haired girl. <Great… even more to tell Dr. Kagame.>

After the games were over, they went to bed. For quite some time afterwards, Asuka felt the stirrings of desire coursing through her veins as the other girl lay close to her for warmth and comfort as they shared the second child's futon. Twice she caught herself reaching over to touch the first child in an inappropriate manner and she cursed herself for being so conflicted over it. <Either do something or don't and quit fretting over it!> Finally coming to a decision, Asuka rolled onto her side for a moment and leaned over to press her lips to Rei's. After a few moments, the kiss was returned. After what seemed an eternity, they parted. "Eh…" The red-haired girl struggled to come up with something to say.

"That was pleasant. Good night, Asuka-chan." Rei stated, unknowingly giving the other girl a sense of relief for being taken off the hook.

<Pleasant… she said it was pleasant… oh… her lips as so soft. I'm hopeless…> Asuka squeezed her eyes shut, feeling the warmth of the other girl's skin on her own and smiling despite the tumult of her thoughts and drifting off into a dream-filled slumber.

******************************

Maya was wandering the streets staring at the ground when she walked straight into someone. "Oh! I'm sorry…" She glanced up and blinked to see Commander Ikari glaring down at her. <I keep running into him…> "Commander! My deepest apologies, I wasn't watching where I was going."

Gendo continued to scowl. "Captain."

"Y… yes sir?" Captain Ibuki swallowed nervously.

"When do you plan on taking my son's virginity?" He inquired bluntly.

Maya's eyes widened to nearly impossible proportions and she blushed furiously. "Sir… I don't… I mean… I won't… how did you… oh god…"

"Don't lie to me, Maya-chan. I know it was the most fun you've had in years." The commander smirked as he looked down at the nervous captain.

"Sir… it was an impulse… It'll never happen again." The dark-haired woman continued to blush and stared at her feet in shame.

Gendo scowled again. "I see. Out of all the women in his life, the most unlikely one is the one that gets the furthest with him, but she refuses to take the next step. Ibuki, you are hereby demoted to 2nd lieutenant pending immediately." With that he started to walk away.

Maya paled and grabbed for him, intending to plead with him to retain her rank. She blinked as the man vanished and suddenly found herself on the roof of a building and had collided quite forcibly with the guard-wall at the top. She yelped and scrambled to regain her balance but fell over the side and barely managed to grab onto the roof's edge and ended up gripping it with her fingers as the rest of her body dangled down.

She started sweating as she glanced down and saw that she was at least 5 stories up. "HELP! SOMEONE HELP!!!" The young captain cried, wondering how she had gotten up there. <Was I… hallucinating? I didn't drink THAT much…>

She looked around as best she could but saw no one around. <Of course not… only military personnel are still in the city. I have to get up on my own… come on Maya… you're in the military… you've had physical training… 4 years ago… and you haven't kept up with it… but you've had it…> Maya gasped and strained to pull herself up but only managed to lose her grip. "OH SHI-" *Thud*

****************************

Ritsuko fumed in her apartment. "No wonder she was so eager to see me in a relationship with someone else… little bitch moved right in on Gendo… and gets promoted immediately! How disgusting. Well she's welcome to him. Let's see how he likes it when he cries out Yui's name." She threw the wine glass she had just drained into the wall and shattered it.

"Betrayal at every turn… first I'm upstaged by that little bitch Rei in Gendo's life… then I'm replaced by my own apprentice!" Dr. Akagi growled and looked at the door, hearing a knock. <Maya come to explain and apologize?> She stomped over to the door and pulled it open, fixing the visitor with her best glare. Then she blinked. "Misa-chan?"

Misato gave the blonde doctor a tired smile. "Hiya beautiful."

"You're drunk." Ritsuko stated dryly.

"A little." Major Katsuragi replied with a nod. "Mind if I crash here tonight?"

The young doctor blinked several times, surprised. "Why can't you just sleep in your own apartment?"

The purple-haired woman shrugged. "Ayanami and Soryu are having a… bonding night. A slumber party… or something. They're making a lot of noise and I didn't want to intrude… they both need it. So… I started walking and I ended up here."

"… I'm not really in the mood for company tonight." Ritsuko complained.

Misato shrugged and walked in anyway. "I won't bother you. I just want some sleep."

The doctor sighed and closed the door behind her. "Fine." She watched as the other woman plopped down on top of the covers. "At least take some clothes off and get under the covers. I don't want you to just drunkenly pass out on my bed, Misa-chan."

The purple-haired beauty sighed and stood up just long enough to pry off her clothes then pulled the covers back and crawled under them. "There."

Ritsuko blinked and then smirked. <She didn't have to take them all off, but I'm not complaining.> She glanced over at the night shirt she normally slept in then shrugged. <Screw it.> The doctor pulled off her own clothes and got in bed, sliding over to feel the warmth of the other woman against her skin.

She lay there staring at the ceiling, still feeling upset about what she thought had happened between Gendo and Maya. After a while, her gaze turned to look at her friend, watching her expression. <Even falling asleep she looks troubled.> Impulsively she leaned over and pressed her lips against Misato's, holding them there for several long moments before pulling back.

The major smiled and opened her eyes. "Sorry. Oyasumi nasai, Ritsu-chan."

Ritsuko stared at her friend for a few moments and murmured the same. <I'm angry and frustrated… I need to vent some steam…> More insistently this time, she leaned over and kissed her friend again, this time trailing her fingertips over the other woman's neck and collarbone then down until she cupped a breast.

Misato broke into giggles. "That tickles…" She murmured after pulling away from her friend's kiss.

The blonde doctor's eyes narrowed, anger and frustration boiling up again. "Shut up." She commanded softly and kissed Misato hard, sticking her tongue into the other woman's mouth as her hand moved over her flat belly and lower.

The purple-haired woman backed away again and blinked in surprise. "Ritsu-chan? What are you doing?" <We've never been anything more than friends…>

"I said shut up." Ritsuko hissed. She then started kissing and nibbling on Misato's neck as her hand moved over the other woman's moist heat. She heard a curse word choked out but ignored it, instead biting gently into the base of her friend's neck and thrusting a finger into her. The doctor felt the other woman begin to pull away again, could sense her confusion, but she didn't care then. Her fingers went deeper and she went back to kissing those soft lips. Her movements were stiff, angry, forceful… demanding. She moved her head to kiss on the other side of her friend's neck as her fingers continued their manipulation.

Misato had wanted to protest, feeling like she wasn't being given a choice in this coupling, but the passion was burning its way through her veins now so she stopped caring. A low groan escaped her lips.

Ritsuko smirked and went back to kissing the purple-haired beauty, her fingers moving with speed and skill in the other girl's moist depths and she could feel the tension of an impending orgasm begin to coil in Misato's taut belly. The major murmured her name a moment before her climax hit her full force, a strangled gasp escaping from her bruised lips as her eyes rolled back and her body tensed.

The doctor smirked and continued moving her fingers move slowly now, feeling smug from how quickly she brought the other woman to orgasm. She did feel a little better now, having vented her frustrations with her forceful ministrations, not caring that she was bruising and hurting her friend in the process.

Misato relaxed finally and peeked out from lidded eyes at her best friend. "Ow… that's going to sting in the morning."

Ritsuko scowled again. "Shut up." She commanded, reaching over to grab the major's hand and forced it over to her own sex.

The purple-haired woman got the idea and began to return the favor, still wondering what all this was about. She could see the frustration on the doctor's face and wondered what it was about. <She was screwing the commander… I know they broke up but it can't have been that long since she had sex…>

The blonde woman growled and pulled away slightly so that Misato's kiss landed on her chin instead of her lips then she put her arm on the other woman's shoulder and pushed her downwards, not stopping until Misato was staring at her womanhood. She looked down and was about to shove the other woman's face down but didn't have to as she did it on her own.

Ritsuko growled softly in pleasure and spread her legs wider, reaching down to run her fingers through her friend's purple tresses as she was licked and prodded with a finger or two. The doctor stared up at the ceiling, feeling almost detached from the sex act being administered on her. After what seemed an eternity, she felt the tension of orgasm gripping her body then cried out in pleasure as it was released.

After coming down from her high she opened her eyes to see Misato lying next to her and self-consciously rubbing the wetness from her mouth with the back of her hand. "So…"

"Shut up." Ritsuko repeated, putting an arm around her friend and pulling her close to cuddle up as she drifted off to sleep.

Misato sighed and figured there wasn't any use in arguing so relaxed to try to fall asleep as well, wondering why she had been seduced out of the blue.

****************************

Another chapter drawing to a close. Next chapter: Shinji gets bum-raped by Kaoru, Asuka goes on a mad killing spree, and Maya wakes up in Never-never Land… er… no that's not right. Shinji returns home and checks up on Asuka and Rei to make sure they didn't kill each other, Ritsuko deals with some stuff, and the fate of Maya… oh yeah, and Gendo wants to make a real appearance next chapter so expect that too. Till then… cheerio.