Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ Only In Your Eyes Am I Worthy ❯ Silent Heaven ( Chapter 31 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Evangelion: Only In Your Eyes Am I Worthy
 
Author's Note: If anyone cares, the lyrics on Asuka's late morning journal entry for “today” is from the Silent Hill 3 game soundtrack, “I Want Love”. The song couldn't be any more appropriate for her right now.
 
Required Disclaimer: Still no own. Still no money. Too evil for a conscience. I think I might just have some jelly donuts around here now, however… Enjoy and ponder on the glory of GAINAX! And stuff.
 
Chapter 31: Silent Heaven
 
 
Shinji groaned softly as he floated towards wakefulness, spurred mostly by the pressure he felt in his groin area, which he assumed meant his bladder needed to be emptied. After he managed to pry a crusty eyelid open, however, he learned the truth of the matter. His breath caught in his throat as he saw two hands resting innocently and directly on his crotch. 'These girls are going to be the death of me.' The boy thought to himself as he stared at the pale hands.
 
The third child looked back and forth between the two pilots cradled against his body, marveling at how a 'wretch' like himself ended up in bed with two such beautiful girls. 'I lost my virginity last night.' He realized, a nervous but proud grin spreading across his face. 'And it was with the girl I love.' He admitted that very private thought to himself. He couldn't resist pressing his lips against the blue-haired girl's forehead in a tender kiss. He would have preferred kissing her lips but with her head resting on his shoulder facing downwards, that was rather impossible.
 
Rei stirred a little then turned her face upwards to gaze upon her beloved, a touch of a smile forming on her lips as she saw the adoration in his eyes.
 
“Good morning, Rei-chan.” The blue-eyed boy whispered, trying to let Asuka rest peacefully.
 
“Yes, it is.” The red-eyed angel responded. She looked down the boy's body for a few moments before turning her gaze back up with a questioning eyebrow.
 
At first, embarrassment colored the young Ikari's cheeks, but then he realized her silent question wasn't about why he was aroused, but rather it was about whether he wanted her to do anything about it or not. He glanced over at the second child for a few moments. It was one thing to continue lovemaking when they were interrupted, but to purposely do so with an onlooker, even a slumbering one, was moving a little too fast for his tastes. He also did not want to wake the girl up if he didn't have to, so that was another reason to not have sex there. It was then that an idea formed in his mind. “Rei-chan?”
 
“Yes, Shinji-kun?” Rei responded, fully expecting the boy to ask her to pleasure him somehow.
 
“Let's take a bath together.” Shinji suggested, smiling at his cleverness.
 
Confusion crossed the blue-haired beauty's face as she glanced down at his obvious arousal for a few moments before turning to look at him again. “If... that is what you desire.” She responded carefully.
 
'She really doesn't understand the whole concept of privacy and modesty... what kind of life has she led? How did my father raiseher?' The dark-haired boy wondered, carefully prying himself away from Asuka so as not to wake her up. He walked to the bathroom, his lover following him closely behind. He was relieved that Misato was indeed still at NERV, otherwise he would have been horribly embarrassed because he hadn't even thought about the fact that he was nude until he was sliding open the door to the bathroom.
 
The young Ikari smiled at his girlfriend as he looked over her body, admiring her soft curves. He chuckled softly to himself as he noticed the blush creep into the girl's pale cheeks as she noticed his intense interest in her body. “I've wanted to do this since you recovered... I suppose until now it wouldn't have been proper.” He remarked.
 
“What?” The first child inquired, unsure of what was desired.
 
“I want to wash you... like I did while you were injured. But not exactly like I did then...” The blue-eyed boy admitted, trying to sound bold but he ended up just sounding nervous and abashed.
 
“If that is what you desire.” Rei replied, attempting to hide the disappointment in her voice.
 
Shinji smiled as he filled a bucket with warm water to wet them both and then picked up a sponge, applying some scented body wash to it. “I think you'll enjoy it.” He stated, attempting to put the girl at ease as he held one of her arms in his hand and used the sponge in his other hand to gently wash it. He took his time, taking just as much, if not more care than he had when she was initially injured. It was as if he were worshiping her silky pale skin.
 
The red-eyed angel stood patiently, watching her lover wash her. She felt bored as she wondered what could possibly interest the boy this much in washing her.
 
After washing both arms thoroughly, the third child glided the sponge over the base of the girl's neck and collarbones, before dragging it down the path of her ribs. Next was the flat expanse of her stomach and sides, and then he leaned in close to wrap his arm around her to wash her back. He avoided her breasts for the moment to kneel down to cleanse the girl's silky smooth legs and her delicate feet.
 
'He is avoiding areas again. So far I do not see any difference in how he is washing me now as opposed to then.' The first child thought to herself. It was a good thing she was as patient as she was, or she would have grabbed the sponge from him and finished the job herself. She thought the amount of time he was taking to wash her, coupled with how he was doing a poor job of completely cleansing her made the whole matter terribly inefficient and borderline annoying.
 
The young Ikari didn't notice how bored the girl was from his tender washing, too intent on what he was doing to look up at her face. After washing the entirety of the girl's legs he stared at her sex for several moments before standing up. It was then that he noticed that she looked annoyed, though very few people in the world would notice. He was disappointed that she wasn't enjoying this as much as he was, but he hoped the rest of the bathing caught her interest. He scrubbed the sponge into his hand for a few moments to work up a lather and then gave the girl a wicked grin as he gently squeezed and fondled her left breast with his soapy hand, both cleaning it and feeling her up at the same time.
 
Rei looked down at the other pilot's hand for several moments and then up into his eyes. The pleasant feeling made this part of the strange ritual more appealing. She wondered if it was because he was using his hand now instead of the sponge. 'If he wants to do this again, I think I will suggest he use his hands the entire time.' She mused.
 
Shinji stared down at the girl's breasts as his sudsy thumb circled her nipple, feeling satisfied when he felt her unconsciously arching her back to stick her chest out more. He took a moment to get his other hand soapy and dropped the sponge so he could use both hands on her breasts. “A little more interesting now?” He inquired in a tone that suggested he already knew the answer.
 
“Yes, this is... acceptable.” The blue-haired beauty admitted.
 
“Good...” He lowered his right hand to her crotch and brushed his hand gently over her soft petals. He frowned, however, when she pulled away slightly. “Stand still.” The third child commanded gently.
 
The red-eyed girl froze where she was as a blush crept up her entire body. The tone he had used was... very thrilling. She cursed herself inwardly when her hips moved away from the boy's hand again on instinct.
 
“Did I hurt you?” The blue-eyed boy asked, concerned.
 
“No.” Rei replied with a slight frown.
 
The young Ikari frowned as well and pressed her back against the cold tile wall and pressed his hand into her groin again, her hips unable to move away now. A smug grin formed on his lips as he saw the girl's eyes close and her mouth open as she enjoyed the touch. “Turn around and put your hands on the wall.” He commanded. When he saw her raise an eyebrow questioningly, he explained. “There's one last place I haven't cleaned yet.” He bent down to pick up the sponge and then a wide smile formed as he saw her turn to assume the position he requested without complaint.
 
He scrubbed his hands furiously for several moments to lather them up and then dropped the sponge again, which the girl noticed. She looked a little confused, but Shinji knew she'd figure it out as his hands made contact with her firm buttocks. He gently kneaded and caressed her there for a little while as he admired her backside, then he reached down to lather his fingers up again. “Don't move.” He ordered gently as his fingers slid into the crack of the girl's bum to wash up and down for a few moments.
 
The red-eyed angel fought the urge to pull her hips away, feeling aroused and embarrassed at the same time but she was unsure of why. Her eyes widened in surprise, however, when the boy's soapy finger slowly made its way into her bum. 'I... cannot complain that he did not wash me thoroughly this time.' She thought as her eyes widened more when she felt his finger moving in and out of her.
 
The third child stared down in fascination, marveling at how hot and tight the girl felt there. 'I didn't actually expect her to let me do this...' He thought to himself before a wicked thought formed in his head. He knelt down to pick the sponge up with his left hand as the fingers of his right hand continued working in and out of the girl's bum. He rubbed the sponge against his erection before dropping it once more. He pulled his fingers out and pressed lightly on the hollow of the girl's back so that it was arched, opening herself even more to him. “Stay still...” He commanded as he pressed himself against her.
 
“Shinji-kun?” Rei asked in a nervous and vulnerable tone, looking back with wide eyes.
 
The blue-eyed boy paused for a few moments, waiting to see if she was going to tell him to stop, but when she didn't, he held her hips firmly and eased himself forward. A frown formed when he seemed unable to get himself into her though. “Relax.” He requested, feeling incredibly turned on.
 
The first child let out a long sigh. “Shinji-kun... that is not the correct place...” She stated, thinking he didn't realize where he was trying to work his way inside.
 
“I know. But it still works.” He responded. 'I think...' The dark-haired pilot added mentally.
 
“It hurts.” Rei added a moment later.
 
The young Ikari paused again, expecting her to tell him to stop. A few moments later, he figured she wasn't going to so he started pressing forward again, his eyes suddenly crossing themselves when the head of his manhood made it inside her. He let out a low groan before moving his hips forward, slowly working himself inside until he was pressed against the cheeks of her bum. “Oh... Rei-chan...” He moaned.
 
The girl's red eyes crinkled in pain and she wondered why he was doing it to her this way. She lowered her head submissively; aroused despite the pain because of the obvious pleasure the act was giving her beloved.
 
Shinji wrapped his arms around the girl as he pressed his chest against her back, rubbing one of her breasts with one hand and her sex with the other. He remained still inside her for as long as he could handle so she could adjust to his intrusion, but soon enough his hips started moving of their own accord. “Mmm... Rei-chan...”
 
The first child sighed, trying to stay relaxed. She was even trying to enjoy it because of his touch in other places, but it wasn't working. It just felt... wrong. 'Perhaps he will finish quickly and then it will be over.' She thought.
 
The blue-eyed boy, however, was moving at an agonizingly slow pace so he didn't hurt his lover too much, though he knew he was going to end up lasting a long time because of that fact. 'I think she's starting to enjoy it.' He thought to himself smugly.
 
He was proven wrong a few moments later, however. “Shinji-kun... please stop.” Rei requested as politely as she could manage.
 
The third child paused where he was, firmly pressed into the girl's firm bum. “Am I going too fast?” He asked, wondering how he could possibly go any slower.
 
“No, stop. Completely stop. Please, it hurts.” The blue-haired beauty begged, tears of pain falling from her eyes.
 
Shinji's eyes widened in shock and he pulled out of her a little too fast and then turned her around so he could embrace her. “I'm so sorry! I thought you were going to start to like it after a minute or two…”
 
“Please do not ask me to do that again, Shinji-kun.” The red-eyed girl pleaded, reaching back to rub her sore bottom.
 
The young Ikari tried his best to hide his frustration. `She won't take me into her mouth, she won't let me do her in the butt… so the only thing I can do is get hand jobs and fuck? Not that that isn't enough but… she sure doesn't seem to be willing to experiment a little. She's not going to like anything out of the ordinary I try.' He griped inwardly as he reached down to pick up another bucket to wash them both off so they could soak in the tub. What made it worse, he was told to stop just when it was starting to get good, and his groin was complaining to him about it now. As he was mentally debating on whether it would be callous of him to ask her to try something else, they were both shocked to hear a sudden hysterical screaming. The boy blinked a few times before realizing what it was. “Asuka!” He exclaimed. They both rushed into Shinji's bedroom to see the second child in the midst of a panic attack.
 
“Asuka! Asuka, what's wrong!?” Shinji asked, trying to catch hold of the flailing girl and look into her wild eyes.
 
The red-haired girl broke into wracking sobs and clutched the boy close, spilling her tears unabashedly all over his bare chest. “I woke… and you… I felt… nothing… and I… mein Gott…” She stammered out, gasping for breath as she shuddered in terror.
 
“Huh?” The blue-eyed boy asked, confused.
 
“She awoke and we were not here, Shinji-kun. And she panicked.” Rei explained calmly.
 
The young Ikari's face fell. He hadn't even considered what might happen if the German girl awoke while they weren't there. He didn't realize it was such a problem. “I'm sorry. We were bathing. I didn't want to wake you because you were sleeping so peacefully…”
 
“Because… because… you… were… here…” Asuka choked out.
 
As Shinji stroked the girl's long red hair and held her close, he turned his head to look at the blue-haired beauty, guilt evident in his eyes. He hadn't realized how dependant the girl was now on someone being with her while she slept. He had guessed that it was because it was comforting to sleep with someone else, but he hadn't known that it was more than a desire, but a need.
 
The first child stood there feeling helpless, unsure of what to do. She felt she was no good with such emotional matters, but she wondered if Shinji was enough to calm the girl. Awkwardly, she placed a hand on the blue-eyed girl's shoulder and squeezed gently.
 
The German girl blinked suddenly and looked up at the red-eyed angel, and then suddenly reached out and grabbed her arm and pulled her down into the embrace as well. She sobbed for a few more minutes before calming down. `I'm so pathetic.' She thought to herself, feeling content as she enjoyed the closeness of the other two pilots.
 
Rei blinked in surprise when she was pulled into the hug, uncertainly trying to return the embrace. After a few moments she realized that she enjoyed the closeness as well and relaxed into it.
 
A teasing smile formed on the second child's lips. “Shinji-kun… it must be really exciting to have two beautiful girls holding you close like this, huh?”
 
The young Ikari pulled his head back to look into the girl's royal blue eyes, confused. “I… suppose. Why do you ask?”
 
“Well, I figured that was the case, judging from the fact that you're practically popping my cherry right now.” Asuka explained with a naughty grin plastered on her face.
 
Shinji blinked, for a moment not comprehending what she meant, but then the words sank in and he looked down and realized he was still rather excited in a certain area and that it was pressed against another certain area because of the embrace. This was one of the disadvantages, if one could call it that, of being of about the same height as the girl you were holding. “Shit! I'm sorry… Rei-chan and I were right in the middle of ah…” He trailed off, blushing as he pulled away.
 
The German girl frowned, both because of the loss of the closeness as well as from the guilt of interrupting the couple's fun, once again. “Oh… I'm sorry. I didn't mean to interrupt you guys again.”
 
“It is no problem, Asuka-chan. We were quite finished.” Rei stated confidently, even a little coldly.
 
The blue-eyed boy blinked in surprise and looked at his lover. “We… we were?”
 
“Yes. We were.” The first child responded. Normally she wouldn't like to repeat herself, but this time, she wanted to make sure that the boy knew to never try what he did again. She was still sore from it. She also thought it was rather dirty and didn't understand why the boy would want to place his intimate anatomy in such a place, especially when a much better option was so close by. She felt reasonably sure that he could have reached the proper place from how they were positioned, so it made no sense to her why he placed it where he did.
 
“Oh… ah… oh.” The third child stared down at the floor as his passion deflated.
 
Asuka frowned, noticing the exchange between the two. “Shinji-kun… did you try something she wasn't interested in?” She correctly guessed the situation.
 
“Well she didn't tell me no!” He protested, feeling defensive now. From all the times the two told him to not ask permission before he tried something and now to admonish him for doing just that, it was upsetting.
 
Rei nodded when the other girl looked at her for confirmation. “I… did not think it fair to him that I not at least try. But it was… unpleasant. I simply do not wish for him to do that again.”
 
Understanding the situation now, a teasing grin quirked the corners of her mouth up. “Ah, I get it. He plugged you in your arsch, didn't he?”
 
A blush crept into the red-eyed girl's cheeks. “… Yes.”
 
“I hadn't originally planned it.” The young Ikari stated defensively. “I was going to just… hold her against the wall and do it the normal way. But I was washing her there and… the idea formed in my head. I'm sorry, Rei-chan.”
 
“No need for apology. You did exactly what I asked you to do. I am simply making it clear that I do not wish to try that again.” The first child explained.
 
Shinji nodded, feeling relieved that she wasn't angry with him anymore. He realized that he was rushing into trying new things too quickly, mainly because of how submissive the girl was with him. It seemed to be rather… accommodating, but he was beginning to realize that just because she was being passive with him like that, it didn't mean that she wasn't really the one in control. Somehow, that made the situation a little easier to handle. “I have an idea… our bath was cut short, so why don't you join us, Asuka-chan?”
 
Rei looked over at the boy immediately, though her face betrayed nothing of how she felt about the invitation.
 
Asuka looked between the other two pilots for a few moments uncertainly. She knew the first child wouldn't say anything in protest, but she wanted some indication that her presence wouldn't be disrupting. “Ah… I don't want to intrude…”
 
The third child turned his head to look at the blue-haired beauty and quirked an eyebrow up inquisitively. “You didn't seem to have a problem with it the other day.”
 
“That is true.” The red-eyed girl replied honestly.
 
The other two waited for a few moments to see if she was going to add anything to the statement then the German girl nodded. “Let's go then.” She stated confidently. She stood up and peeled her nightshirt off and strode towards the bathroom as if she were off to conquer the world.
 
The dark-haired boy blinked in surprise. He had half-expected one of them to say no… and the thought of bathing with two beautiful girls was… he paused in that thought and looked down. `Yes, that's exactly what I thought would happen.' He sighed as images of what might happen during the bathing flashed through his mind and followed the confident second child, making a point to hold Rei's hand as he walked, though she was lagging behind him which made it a little more difficult.
 
By the time Shinji and Rei reached the bathroom, the second child had already nearly finished scrubbing herself clean. `Damn… she's fast when she wants to be.' The third child thought to himself. He realized he hadn't really done much in the way of cleaning himself since he was so intent on what he was doing with the blue-eyed beauty so he busied himself with that and tried not to ogle the two naked girls overly much. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed the first child washing herself, especially in certain areas that made him feel guilty once more.
 
“I thought you said you had washed already?” Asuka inquired as she rinsed herself off and looked over her shoulder at the other two.
 
The blue-eyed boy blushed and glanced at the quiet girl next to him before replying. “Well, I was washing her… and then that led to other stuff…”
 
Rei turned to fix her crimson eyes on the boy for several moments, her face expressionless, but she made no comment. Instead, she poured a bucket of warm water over herself to rinse off and then started washing her hair.
 
Shinji turned his gaze to the German girl for a few moments with a helpless expression, but she simply shrugged at him and started washing her long auburn hair. He sighed and finished up his own cleansing and then stepped into the tub. He wasn't sure whether he should sit in the middle or on one of the ends, but he figured he'd better play it safe and sit at one end for now, as he could always slide over if need be.
 
A few moments later, the blue-haired girl used the spray hose to rinse her hair out and then stepped into the tub on the opposite end from the third child, facing him but making no effort to get closer to him. She wasn't sure why she was being so standoffish with him, since he had behaved just as she had desired, except that her mind was already on other matters and she didn't want to be bothered with his attempts at further affections or to deal with his guilt over his strange desires. She still hadn't made her decision on whether to cooperate with the commander yet on his plans, but she knew she had to make a decision soon. She looked up at the red-haired pilot for a few moments, wishing for a moment that they were alone so she could broach the subject with her, because she couldn't talk about this with Shinji. He was the last person that she could discuss it with.
 
Asuka approached the tub nervously, noticing that the two lovers were so far apart. “Ah… I can forego the soak, if you want to be alone…”
 
“Sit.” Rei commanded, pointing at the empty space in the middle of the tub.
 
The second child glanced between the two pilots that were facing each other in the tub for a few moments, wondering which she should face when she sat down. The one she wasn't facing she'd practically be sitting on because of their positioning, and that made her decision for her. `I'm taller than Rei, so she couldn't handle me being like that… she'd be eclipsed. Maybe if I had more room to stretch out and could sink lower… but that would be uncomfortable for Shinji. He, on the other hand, is about the same height as me… and has a body that would accommodate me perfectly…' She grinned mischievously as she sat down and leaned back against the boy, unsurprised when she felt a twitching against her bum. She smiled at Rei and ran her fingers over the girl's silky leg. “Is this ok?” She inquired of both of them, though she was primarily checking with the first child.
 
“Of course.” The red-eyed angel responded flatly.
 
“Well… it's ah… a little more cramped… ah… than I thought it would be… um… maybe I should get out…” Shinji suggested nervously.
 
“I think it's just perfect.” The blue-eyed girl responded, readjusting slightly and giggling when she heard a loud groan come from the boy behind her. She picked up his arms, which had been resting on the edges of the tub and put them around her waist, watching the girl in front of her for any sign that she felt jealous, but instead she saw a hint of amusement twinkling in the girl's eyes. `She really is ok with this. Good, I was still a little worried.' She mused.
 
The third child cleared his throat nervously, trying not to think about the soft flesh his manhood was wedged in between, or the feel of the silky skin against his arms, or how good the girl smelled, or how he could see down the girl's body as well as his girlfriend's body at the same time. “Ah… so what are your plans for today, Rei-chan?” He asked, his voice a little higher in pitch than normal.
 
“I will visit Nagisa. There are things I wish to discuss with him.” Rei responded.
 
“Oh… do you want some company? I wouldn't mind seeing him again.” The blue-eyed boy offered.
 
“No. I would prefer to speak with him in private. Afterwards, I will be with the commander, so I will not be back tonight. Possibly not tomorrow night either.” The first child replied. She paused for a few moments and looked at the red-haired beauty before her. “I wish to speak with you in private before I leave, however.”
 
Asuka became a little nervous, thinking she had done something she shouldn't have. “Willst du es auf Deutsch sagen? (Do you want to say it in German?)” She asked uncertainly.
 
The first child shook her head once. “Nein. It is… not something I want to risk saying incorrectly. But it is not something you should worry yourself over. I merely wish for some advice.”
 
The German girl felt relieved as she nodded. “Of course! If Wonder Girl needs Asuka the Great, then she is in good hands.” She grinned at the boast.
 
“Indeed.” The red-eyed angel responded.
 
Shinji felt relieved that the girls weren't going to start talking in a language he didn't understand, but he was curious what sort of advice his lover sought from the second child. `Probably some girly stuff… that I would rather not know about.' He reasoned.
 
The red-haired beauty changed the subject suddenly when she felt another twitch against her bum. “So, Rei-chan… this poor boy is aching for some attention. So do you want to switch places with me or…” She trailed off before she suggested something she felt she shouldn't.
 
Rei looked confused for a few moments before realizing what the girl was asking. “No, I am quite finished for the day.” She ignored the disappointed look she saw on her lover's face. `He had his chance to put it in a proper place earlier. I am not in the mood for further attempts.' She thought to herself.
 
“Poor Shinji-kun…” Asuka teased, shifting slightly just to hear the delicious groan escape the boy's throat. “Wonder Girl doesn't want to play anymore.” She paused for a few moments then cocked her head curiously to the side. “Do you mind if I… take care of him?” She asked before she could stop herself. She wanted to bite her tongue but it was too late for that.
 
“You do not require my permission, Asuka-chan. However, please feel free.” The first child replied, becoming a little more interested in the other two suddenly.
 
`Is my little Rei-chan a voyeur? Well, it's not like I didn't enjoy watching them… perhaps she is simply curious to see how someone else goes about the task.' The German girl wondered.
 
“Wait… what?” Shinji asked, his voice catching in his throat. `She didn't even ask for mypermission!' He thought apprehensively.
 
“Don't worry, Shinji-kun… I'll be gentle with you.” Asuka promised mischievously as she stood up for a moment to turn around and straddle the boy's lap. “It won't hurt a bit… well, it might hurt me a little, but I can take it.” She said with a giggle.
 
“You… I… we… wait!” The third child was completely flustered by the girl's aggressive boldness. He choked on his words when he felt the girl wrap her slender fingers around his erection and she seemed to be trying to situate it in such a way… “Wait! Stop!”
 
“It's ok, Shinji-kun. Rei-chan just said it was ok with her.” The second child assured him, finding the right spot and starting to settle her weight on him.
 
“That's not… oh god… stop! We can't do this!” The blue-eyed boy pleaded weakly, though his body was assuring him he could, rather vehemently.
 
The German girl blinked several times rapidly. “You… don't want me?” She asked in a vulnerable tone.
 
Shinji stared up at the girl that was a short maneuver away from taking her own virginity on him. He didn't know what to say at first. He wanted her physically, to be sure, but he didn't feel right about it, despite his girlfriend's approval. Even though the first child was unwilling to do certain things that he wanted to try, he still loved her and wanted only her. But he recognized the vulnerability in the girl's voice and he didn't want her to feel rejected. He had to choose the lesser of two evils, either tell her he didn't want her and hurt her feelings, or go against his own feelings on the matter to make her happy. It was then that a third option presented itself, due to two very real and valid worries. “What about protection? I haven't had to worry about Rei-chan, because she can't get pregnant… but you…” He knew she had a normal cycle, because he suffered its effects along with her, but in a different way. He even kept a private calendar with the estimated dates circled so he knew when to be extra nice to her to avoid her wrath.
 
Asuka considered that. Before that moment, she hadn't even thought about it. But her hormones were telling her that she didn't give a shit. “We'll get some condoms for next time. I don't mind taking a risk. I think I'm safe today anyway, or as safe as I can figure…” Truthfully, she had no idea if she was at a relatively safe place in her cycle or not, but she knew the odds were low for one time. Or so she figured. Her passion had a hand in that logic, of course.
 
`Oh god… that didn't work. But… I could make her sick if I do this! I don't think I have enough self-control to pull out… especially if she stays on top…' He thought in a panic. “Ah… but… what if… I mean… we can't be sure. And do you really want to lose your virginity in a bathtub?” He was grasping at straws now. The third child was getting desperate.
 
“Then let's move to your room. I don't care either way. I want to fuck you, Shinji-kun.” The German girl breathed out, growing frustrated by the boy's attitude. `I don't care how that sounds… please don't be like Kaji and reject me…'
 
The third child couldn't think of any other excuse other than the truth. “But… there's another reason. You could get…”
 
“Shinji-kun. Do you want to be one with Asuka-chan or not?” Rei interrupted him before he could let the classified information on his S2 organ slip out. She didn't know whether the second child would get sick from the blue cells or not, but the only way to be sure of that was to test it out.
 
“I just… don't feel right about this. I'm sorry.” Shinji protested weakly. He didn't feel his lust was a good enough reason to deflower the red-haired beauty, and he certainly didn't feel worthy enough to be the one to do it. He didn't feel worthy of Rei either, but he was too weak to be without her.
 
Tears sprang into Asuka's eyes as she looked down at the boy. For a few moments she considered taking him anyway, but that would have been no better than what she had done to him not that long ago… “You son of a bastard.” She spit out, hurt and angry over her rejection. She stood up and grabbed a towel and left the bathroom as hot tears spilled from her eyes. A moment later, the door to her room slammed shut.
 
The first child shook her head sadly. “Ikari, you are a fool.” She stood up as well and grabbed a towel as she stepped out. “I will see you in a day or two. I suggest you make it up to Asuka-chan before I return. It will be… displeasing if I have to see her cry again.”
 
The third child stared at the empty doorway after both girls had left, speechless. He sighed and dropped his face into his hands. “I can't get anything right.” He spat out bitterly. He remained in the tub to wallow in his self-pity for a while, as well as to make sure that the blue-eyed beauty had a chance to calm down so that Rei could talk to her about whatever girly advice she needed. It also gave his anatomy time to realize it had been betrayed by the boy so it could resume its normal resting state.
 
After the young Ayanami got dressed in the last clean uniform she had brought with her, as she was saving the casual clothes that she had acquired the other day for another time, she approached the second child's door and slid it open without asking. It didn't even occur to her to knock or ask for permission, because they were foreign concepts to her. She closed the door and walked over to where the red-haired girl was lying on the floor facedown as she sobbed. The first child knelt down and stroked the girl's back in a clumsy attempt at comforting her. “He really is an idiot sometimes.” She commented in an awkward attempt at humor to lighten the other girl's mood.
 
“Jawohl. Why do I put up with him, Wonder Girl? Why am I so stupid about these things?” Asuka inquired, turning over to look up through tear-stained eyes at the blue-haired beauty.
 
It is because you lo-” The first child started to respond before she was interrupted.
 
“Don't answer that! Um… what was it you wanted to ask me about?” The second child asked while self-consciously wiping the tears from her eyes.
 
I have a… dilemma. I cannot go into specifics, but I have to make a rather… horrible choice. To safeguard our future, I may have to do something terrible to others. However, it is ultimately for the best, in regards to Shinji-kun, myself… and you as well. But… I am unsure. It is a terrible choice to make…” Rei stated as carefully as she could, not wanting to divulge classified information.
 
Asuka considered what the girl said carefully. `She's probably talking about the Evas. When the angels are gone… we'll probably be used to keep the peace, or something, which means we may have to kill some people. That must be it…' She reasoned. Then aloud, “Are you familiar with Frederich Nietzsche?” She asked, to which she received a blank stare. Whether it was because the girl didn't know who it was, or that she didn't see the relevance, the red-haired girl couldn't guess. “Ah… well he once said `That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil.' Do you understand?”
 
The crimson-eyed angel considered those words thoughtfully before nodding. “Thank you, Asuka-chan. That is very helpful. I must leave now… take care of Shinji-kun for me.” She leaned towards the girl for a moment before pausing.
 
The German girl nodded. “Leave it to me, Rei-chan.” She kissed the first child as she wondered what horrible plans the commander had for the Evas after the last angel was defeated.
 
“Sayonara, Asuka-chan.” She stated with a strangely grim certainty, as if she never expected to see the girl again.
 
The second child's mouth dropped open in shock as she watched the girl leave and a few moments later she heard the girl using a more casual goodbye with her boyfriend. Apprehension wormed its way through her guts as she wondered what she was missing. She sighed and got dressed before flipping open her computer to listen to music and type in her journal. She felt the need to get her thoughts out before she faced the blue-eyed blunder-head again.
 
A little while later Asuka was simply lying on the floor listening to music but she turned it off when she heard a soft knocking on her door. “Yes?” She called out, knowing it was the third child.
 
The door slid open and Shinji stepped into the room and he gave the girl a nervous smile. “Hi… uh… can we talk?” He inquired with trepidation in his voice.
 
“What's on your mind, Shinji-kun?” The German girl inquired, propping her head up on her hand with a crooked elbow.
 
“Well, I ah… just wanted to know…” The blue-eyed boy coughed nervously and cleared his throat before continuing. “Well, what I mean is… why do you want to… ah… you know…” He trailed off but only received a quirked up eyebrow in reply. “Ah… have sex. With me, I mean.”
 
The red-haired girl blinked a few times rapidly, stunned. When she found her voice, she inquired, “Why do you think I want to have sex with you?”
 
The young Ikari sighed and tried to lean back against the wall casually but it simply looked awkward instead. “Well… ah… I'm not sure. I'm guessing part of the reason is that Kaji-san hasn't been around lately. And there aren't really any other eligible guys our age around anymore. And you've never shown any interest in any of the NERV personnel. So… process of elimination leaves me.”
 
Asuka sat up to regard the boy curiously. If she was offended by his reasoning, she did a very good job of hiding it. “That's the only reason you can think of? Because there's no one else? So I'm just so desperate I go after the one guy around?”
 
The dark-haired boy paled when he realized how his words had sounded. “Ah… no. I don't think it's desperation. I just think that… I don't know. I really don't understand it. I don't even deserve Rei-chan… but she's never been able to open up to anyone but us and my father. But you… you're very… ah… extroverted? You've always been comfortable in social situations, you know? You always had guys chasing after you. You had your pick, is what I mean. So… why me?”
 
The second child tilted her head slightly to the side as she looked at the boy standing before her. “You really don't see your good points, do you?”
 
Shinji shrugged. “I guess I'm polite. And uh… I can cook. And…” He trailed off, contemplating the issue. “I… can't think of anything else. But I have lots of bad qualities too! I'm a coward. I'm sneaky. I'm dishonest. I'm an idiot. I'm…”
 
The blue-eyed beauty interrupted him with an angry shout. “Shut up! You're kind, Shinji-kun. You're sweet and attentive. You're loyal and loving. You're a lot braver than you give yourself credit for; you just… pick your fights carefully. A coward wouldn't rush headlong into a likely fatal battle with an angel to save the girls he cares about from getting hurt. I'll have you know you're also very attractive. Don't look at me like that. You are. And if you argue with me on this, you're calling me a liar. Yes, you can be an idiot at times, but you're a boy. You can't help that.”
 
The third child blushed at the praise, but still tried to argue with her. “But I…”
 
“Shut up. I don't want you because there's no one else. Even if everyone was still in the city, I'd still want you. I've wanted you for a long time, I just… couldn't tell you. It was a matter of pride; I wanted you to come to me.” Asuka blushed at that admission and glanced away. “While we're both being so damn honest with one another, we both know Kaji never wanted me. Yes, he is a very attractive man and he's charming. But Rei-chan would devour a whole pig and ask for seconds before that man committed to me. I doubt he will ever commit to Misato even, and he's over both ears in love with her. I did not settle for you. I chose you. The same way you chose Rei-chan, and she chose you. It was just my shitty luck to always pick the guy who is already enamored by another woman.”
 
The young Ikari was stunned. It made no sense to him that anyone would choose him when they had other, and in his eyes superior, choices. But he knew the girl was speaking from her heart and that scared him a little. He didn't know how to handle it. What he did know was that his earlier rejection of her, based in part on his relationship with the quiet blue-haired angel and also on his own insecurities, was unfairly callous. “I… honestly didn't know you felt that strongly about me. I don't really know… how to handle it.”
 
“That's because you're an idiot boy. Don't take it too hard, Shinji-kun.” The second child informed him with a teasing grin.
 
Shinji blushed and fell silent for a few minutes. He knew he had to make it up to the girl somehow, but there were things he could not, or should not do. Pretending he didn't want her was pointless and needlessly cruel, so that was out. So, a compromise seemed the logical choice. Or so he hoped. “Ah… I was thinking…”
 
The red-haired girl quirked an eyebrow up inquisitively. “Yes?”
 
“Well… ah…” The third child scratched the back of his head and blushed. “Um… I thought of something we could do… if you were still in the mood.”
 
Though her pulse quickened and her body warmed at the thought, she remained as calm as she could. “In the mood?” Asuka asked casually, though she knew what he meant. She felt she was aggressive enough before, it was time to play it cool and let him make the choice.
 
“Well… ah… there's something we can do that's safe… and ah… I don't think Rei-chan would let me do it with her… and I figured… you wouldn't mind… and ah… you know… I think you'd like it.” The dark-haired boy stammered out.
 
`Fuck staying cool!' The German girl thought excitedly. “Anything for you, Shinji-kun.” She gushed, while cursing herself for sounding so eager. But then she had second thoughts. “Ah… but that… um… that's something I'd have to prepare for. I'm not saying no… but I want to be ready… it's not something I can just rush into. I don't want to get hurt…”
 
Confusion passed over the blue-eyed boy's features for a few moments before he realized what she was talking about. “Oh ah… no. That's not what I meant. It's something we kind of already did… but I'm willing this time…”
 
The blue-eyed beauty swallowed nervously, now understanding what he wanted to do. “Are… you sure? You don't have to.”
 
“I know. But… you're special to me. I want to make you happy. Come to my room, please? I want us both to be comfortable.” The third child smiled and held his hand out invitingly.
 
Asuka stood up and took the boy's hand, feeling a thrill course through her body as she was led into his bedroom and onto the bed. Without another word, she stripped her clothes off, feeling warmth in her stomach as she saw the fascination in the boy's dark blue eyes as he stared at her body. `Kaji never looked at me like that… fuck Kaji, I'm not thinking about him any more after this… that's for damn sure.'
 
Shinji hovered over the girl and pressed his lips to hers in a passionate kiss. He knew he should feel guilty about this, but he meant what he said. He wanted to make her happy, and this was something he could compromise with himself about. He cupped the girl's breast tenderly in his hand and massaged it, marveling at how similar yet different it felt from Rei's. She also seemed to respond more when he teased her nipples with his thumbs. He grinned and lowered his head to suckle on her other nipple as his hand trailed lower across the girl's taut stomach and then his fingers brushed through the girl's silky red curls. That was another difference he noticed, one that he was eager to investigate.
 
“Oh… Shinji-kun… that's nice…” The second child murmured, arching her back to press her breast more firmly against the boy's mouth as her legs spread apart unashamedly.
 
“Mmmhmm…” The blue-eyed boy murmured in agreement as his lips found the other nipple to give it equal attention as his fingers brushed over the girl's moist petals and then his finger found its way inside her. `She even feels warmer in there… it's like fire almost…' He marveled. Though he loved Rei deeply, he was enjoying how responsive Asuka was. It made him feel a little more confident, knowing that he was doing something right and not simply guessing at it. It wasn't a matter of what was better, but rather that he was enjoying the differences between the girls. He wondered for a moment if he was a bad person for what he was doing, but his thoughts were cut short as the girl applied gentle pressure to the top of his head.
 
“I'm ready…” The German girl whispered. She had been ready all morning, in fact. She wanted the boy to enjoy the experience too, but she wasn't known for her patience.
 
Shinji moved his kisses down the girl's body and stared at her sex for several long moments before he pressed his lips to her there and inhaled her heady scent. A moment later, he started lapping at the girl's petals, turned on both by her taste and scent, as well as the soft cries and gasps he heard as he went about his task.
 
“Gott im Himmel… ja… oh ja… Shinji… don't stop… mmmmm Gott…” Asuka murmured, unconsciously gripping the boy's hair painfully tight as she was assaulted by pleasurable sensations she had never before experienced.
 
The third child stuck his tongue out further and wiggled it inside her, tasting her as deeply as he could. A few moments later he was suckling on her lower lips and licking her all over, turned on by the vocalizations of the girl's passion.
 
“Shinji… Shinji… Shinji… oh… Shinji… oh something's wrong… something's happening… mein Gott… don't…. SHINJI!!!!!” She cried suddenly, her entire body quivering as her legs lifted up and quaked, her hands pressing the boy's head further into the apex of her legs as she shuddered. A few tense seconds later, her head dropped like a rock onto the pillows behind her and she gasped for breath. “Holy pigshit… so that's what all the fuss is about…”
 
The blue-eyed boy looked up in surprise. “You're… done already?” He couldn't believe it, because he couldn't have been licking her for more than a minute or two. He could have sworn hearing that girls took longer than that…
 
The red-haired girl blinked several times as she stared up at the ceiling then she looked down at the boy who had just brought her so much pleasure. “Ja… for the moment. Come here and kiss me.”
 
`For… the moment?' Shinji repeated those words in his mind as he moved up the girl's body to kiss her. A moment afterwards he wondered if he should have wiped his lips clean first but by the way the German girl's tongue was in his mouth, he figured it didn't matter. “I'm… happy you liked it. I'm a little surprised you finished so soon though. I can't be that good…”
 
“Good enough for me.” Asuka assured him with a blissful smile. “Mmm… my first orgasm. I should mark this day on the calendar, ja?”
 
The third child blinked several times rapidly. “Huh? Your first? You've never had one before?”
 
“Idiot. I'm a virgin, remember? Or… only kind of now, I guess.” The blue-eyed girl teased him gently before kissing his neck.
 
“I know but… you've never given yourself one?” Shinji inquired nervously. When he received a blank stare, he tried to elaborate. “Ah… you know… masturbation?”
 
The German girl frowned in distaste. “I don't do that. The very idea is a little… gross. I suppose part of it is due to how I was raised… the priests were always talking about how masturbation was a vile sin. It's not really that I think that… but part of it stuck, I guess. It just doesn't seem worth it.
 
The young Ikari shook his head in wonder. “I don't think I would have made it past age 14 without masturbation. Especially when you moved in…”
 
The second child grinned at the boy's admission. “Shinji-kun… are you telling me that you thought about me while you wanked yourself?”
 
“I was sore for a week after that time you fell asleep next to me after you moved in… and I saw down your shirt. I practically rubbed the skin off.” Shinji admitted with a deep blush.
 
The girl's royal blue eyes widened in surprise. “Fuck me. Fuck me now.” She whispered in excitement.
 
The third child swallowed nervously as his erection started celebrating. “Asuka-chan… I can't. I don't have protection…”
 
“I don't care. I want you inside me right now. Pull out if you're worried, I don't give a shit. Fuck me, god damn it.” Asuka ordered.
 
The blue-eyed boy started panicking. “I don't think I have enough self-control to do that… and I don't know if I'm ready for…” He trailed off, frightened by the intensity in the girl's eyes. `I should have kept my damn mouth shut… now look what I've gotten myself into!' He admonished himself. “I'll… lick you again. I'm happy to do that.”
 
The German girl sighed in disappointment. She wanted to get ravaged, not teased. But she would take what she could get. “Fine. Then you're going out later to pick up some damn condoms.”
 
`Shit… I didn't expect this to be more than a one time thing… I just keep getting deeper and deeper into this mess…' He thought pitifully as he moved down to feast on the girl's essence once more. He had to admit though, that he was having a good time pleasuring her. He just wished it didn't make him feel so guilty.
 
“Oh god… we can't do this when Misato is home… I can't keep quiet… mmm ja… Shinji… just like that… mmmm Gott im Himmel…” The red-haired beauty crooned out.
 
`And now for my special attack… the Super Golden Tongue Tornado Supreme!' The young Ikari thought in a truly geeky moment.
 
“Ach… don't flail it about like that, Dummchen… do it like you did before…” Asuka griped out.
 
`So much for that special attack… it was a dud!' Shinji admonished himself playfully as he clutched at the girl's hips to resume his licking and suckling.
 
“Oh ja… don't stop… I swear I'll kill you if you stop…” The German girl vowed as she rubbed her own breasts as her hips wiggled around on their own. Since the urgent need to reach her peak was passed earlier, she could relax and enjoy this more. She found it peaceful in a strange way, as well as relaxing. But she knew she would have preferred it had the boy done as she asked and taken her in a manly fashion. She wondered if she needed to be more aggressive with him, or less.
 
The third child was quickly developing a problem. `Damn… my tongue is getting tired! If only I had more stamina… too bad I don't have any energy drinks…' He tried to change up what he was doing by using his fingers more, but that only seemed to help a little. “Ah… are you getting close, Asuka-chan?” He inquired finally, delving into her hot depths with his fingers as he paused to give his mouth a rest.
 
“Not really. Another five or ten minutes, probably.” The blue-eyed beauty responded honestly. `Less if you'd fuck me like I asked you to.' She added mentally.
 
`Damn! I just had to make that comment about how girls usually lasted longer. This is what I get…' He thought to himself. “I don't know how much longer I can keep this up… I don't have that much stamina. I'm sorry.” The young Ikari admitted finally.
 
“Well, you can always fuck me…” Asuka suggested playfully with a wiggle of her hips to emphasize her point.
 
Shinji grew quiet. He didn't want to say no, but he couldn't say yes. And now his hands were getting tired too. “Ah…”
 
“It's ok, Shinji-kun. You can stop. I understand.” The second child stated seriously, trying her best to hide the disappointment in her voice.
 
The blue-eyed boy pulled his fingers out of the girl and lied down beside her, ashamed at his lack of skills and stamina, as well as his refusal to go all the way. “I'm sorry.” He said finally.
 
“It's ok, Shinji-kun. It's still been the best day of my life.” Asuka admitted honestly. “I think I'm just going to… rest my eyes for a bit.” She murmured as she dozed off against the young pilot's shoulder.
 
`Damn… now I have to pee…' Shinji thought pitifully as the girl draped herself over him.
 
 
*************************
 
 
Misato stared at the monitor displaying the motionless form of Dr. Akagi as the woman sat in a chair with her head hanging down in a defeated pose. “So you're telling me… Rit… ah… Akagi-sensei destroyed the Dummy Plug system, somehow vanished from Central Dogma entirely, and then two days later she comes back and turns herself in?” The major inquired in a skeptical tone.
 
“Yes, Katsuragi-shousa.” Maya replied, staring at the same image with regret and sadness in her eyes.
 
The purple-haired beauty frowned thoughtfully. “Has she said anything?”
 
“Except for requesting to speak to Pilot Ayanami, no ma'am.” The young captain informed her.
 
Suspicion clouded Major Katsuragi's eyes as she nodded. “Has the commander said anything?”
 
“He and Vice-Commander Fuyutsuki have been in the lower labs in Central Dogma all day. I sent them a message but all I received in reply was that they would handle it when they were done with whatever it is they're doing.” The young Ibuki replied. `Probably sacrificing virgins and drinking their blood.' She added mentally.
 
Misato nodded. “I'll go see if she'll speak to me, then.” She stated.
 
“Katsuragi-shousa, tell her… never mind. Good luck.” Maya sat down with a sigh and fell silent.
 
The major nodded and walked down into the brig and entered the doctor's cell. “Ritsu-chan… you've gotten yourself into a lot of trouble, you know.” She stated as she shook her head sadly.
 
Dr. Akagi let out a dry laugh as she stared at her feet. “That's what I always loved about you, Misa-chan, your penchant for understatement. Has the firing squad lined up for me yet?”
 
Not quite yet. The commanders are down in one of the lower labs and apparently aren't going to give any orders concerning you until they return.” Misato replied. She paused for a few moments before asking, “So… why did you do it?”
 
“Which part? Destroying the Dummy Plug, or turning myself in?” The blonde doctor inquired in a flat defeated tone.
 
“Both. But I'm more curious about the Dummy Plug for the moment.” Major Katsuragi clarified.
 
Ritsuko let out a dry laugh and shook her head. “I didn't destroy the Dummy Plug, Misa-chan. I destroyed Rei.”
 
The purple-haired beauty frowned and crossed her arms as she leaned against the wall. “So it's true then. The Dummy Plug wasn't just based on Rei. What were they… clones of her?”
 
“Soulless abominations, more like it. But yes, clones of that little… yes.” The doctor sighed, ignoring the tears that dripped from her eyes.
 
Misato was silent for a few minutes as she ordered her thoughts. “So why did you turn yourself in? You somehow managed to escape unnoticed after you did your deed. Why come back? You had to know what would happen.”
 
“Penance. Whether they were shells or not, I murdered dozens of children.” Dr. Akagi stated, though it seemed that wasn't what disturbed her the most.
 
The major snorted. “I know you better than that, Ritsu-chan. Why did you really come back? Why do you want to see Pilot Ayanami? Especially after what you did to… I suppose they may as well have been her sisters.”
 
Ritsuko turned her head towards the major for the first time, looking her in the eye. “You tell me, Misa-chan.”
 
Major Katsuragi's eyes widened in horror as she unconsciously gripped her cross tightly. “Merciful god in heaven… what have you done to yourself, Ritsu-chan?!”
 
“Let's just say I was… touched by an angel. I haven't quite figured it out myself, yet.” The blonde doctor stated with a tired shrug.
 
“Oh god… oh god… I'm sorry.” Misato rushed out of the cell without another word, clutching a hand to her temple as the guards closed the cell behind her. She rushed down the hall and into the nearest wash closet to splash cold water across her face and decide whether she could keep her lunch down or not. After resting her head against the cold steel of the sink for several minutes, she was finally able to collect herself. She forced herself into military mode; otherwise she would have broken down into hysterics. The major made her way back up into the command center and sat down next to Maya, staring at the floor with a distant and haunted look on her face.
 
A few moments later, the captain pressed a cup of coffee into the purple-haired beauty's hands. “I take it you saw her eyes. Try sipping some coffee; it helped me a little.”
 
Misato nodded absently and sipped at the bitter coffee and shook her head. “What… happened to her? Eyes just don't… do that.”
 
Captain Ibuki shook her head, equally baffled. “They were like that when she came in. Somehow, she still sees out of them just fine. But they're just… blank and white. It's like the pupils and irises just vanished, leaving only the sclera. It scared the crap out of me.”
 
The major nodded reluctantly. “Me too. You could have warned me, you know.”
 
Maya blushed in embarrassment, realizing she was right. “I… honestly didn't think she'd look at you. I was also a bit lost in my own thoughts. I'm sorry.”
 
Major Katsuragi sighed and leaned back in her chair to stretch her aching back muscles, her fatigue starting to catch up on her. “It's ok. So do you think Commander Ikari will allow her to see Ayanami?”
 
The captain giggled softly and shook her head. “I think there's a better chance that he'll invite an angel in to pilot an Eva. I mean… after what she did to the Dummy Plug system…”
 
“You knew what it was, didn't you?” Misato asked with suspicion on her voice.
 
“Yes.” Captain Ibuki admitted with a blush. “I was Akagi-sempai's assistant, you know. I knew almost everything she knew.”
 
They both fell into an uncomfortable silence for a while before Maya decided to break the tension with a question she figured she probably shouldn't ask, but couldn't help herself. “So… Ikari-kun and Ayanami-chan… they're a couple now?”
 
The major nodded absently. “Yeah.” A moment later the suspicion crept back into her eyes. “I'm surprised you're interested in that, captain.”
 
Maya's eyes widened at that insight and tried to think of an explanation quickly. “Ah, well… I've tried to take Ayanami under my wing, so to speak. You know, be a big sister to her, in a way. Sort of like how Akagi-sempai did with me. I think in a way she appreciates it, but she seems to have a problem expressing herself that way. And… to be honest, recently I've tried to be Ikari-kun's friend as well.”
 
A knowing smile formed on the purple-haired beauty's lips. “You slept with one of them, didn't you?”
 
The young Ibuki's mouth dropped open in shock. “I… how did you know that?!”
 
“You did?! I was just teasing! Which one did you sleep with?!” Misato sat up a little straighter, her fatigue forgotten with the juicy gossip that just fell into her lap.
 
The captain turned scarlet as she blushed and scrunched down lower in her seat, realizing she had fallen straight into the major's trap. “Which one do you think?”
 
Major Katsuragi considered carefully as she gave the blushing captain an appraising look. “From what I've observed about you? I'd guess Ayanami. I suppose I can't blame you, she is cute. I don't think I could get into someone that… anti-social, though.”
 
Maya's head was swimming. `She… knows I'm into girls? So it's true then. Is it better to correct her, or let her keepbelieving that I had sex with Rei-chan? Shinji-kun lives with her… she probably thinks of him as a son, or a little brother at least… she's probably pretty protective of him.' She coughed and blushed again. “She… takes a little more effort than normal, but she's a sweet kid.” She paused for a few moments, waiting to be chastised, but it never came. “You're not going to chew me out for sleeping with a minor?”
 
Misato shook her head. “As long as it was consensual, why should I care? It's hard to think of them as children, isn't it? We send them out into life or death battles all the time.” She paused for a few moments before a smile returned to her face. “So… what was she like in bed?”
 
The captain blushed and sank even further down into her seat, wishing she had stayed home that day. “Ah… it was nice.” She hoped that was sufficient explanation.
 
“Oh please, that's not good enough! I want details!” The major demanded.
 
The pretty dark-haired woman groaned and prayed for an angel attack, but the heavens conspired against her and the alerts remained silent. “She was… curious and eager. But very gentle, also. It was… nice.” She assumed that's how Rei would be, and it was basically how Shinji was, so it wasn't a total lie. Or so she told herself.
 
The purple-haired beauty contemplated that for a while before asking, “So… were you just lonely? Or… did she have a crush on you? I just can't imagine Ayanami asking you to sleep with her… so I assume you made the first move.”
 
Maya felt like slapping her hand to her face as she wished the other woman would change the subject. She felt fairly sure that the major knew of her feelings for Ritsuko, so she decided a little rearranging of the truth would suffice. “I… told Akagi-sempai about my… feelings for her and she rejected me. I felt pretty bad… and Ayanami seemed so lonely so I guess I came on to her a little. Mainly I was just trying to relax her a little bit but she responded and that… intrigued me, I guess.”
 
Misato nodded, wondering if that was the same night that the bottle-blonde doctor had basically molested her when she went over there to sleep, but figured it would have had to have happened before Rei had come over to her apartment with Asuka. The pieces seemed to fit. “So… was she good?”
 
`She's not going to drop this subject!' The captain realized in horror as she wondered if she'd have a permanent blush after this discussion. “Ah… well… we both had an orgasm. So… yes.” She looked over at her console, but nothing of interest had come up.
 
The major started giggling. When Maya gave her a curious look, she gave voice to her thoughts. “I just got a mental picture of you two having sex. I bet it was pretty hot.”
 
“Oh god… can we please change the subject?” The young Ibuki pleaded, giving in to the temptation to slap her hand to her face as her eyes squeezed shut in embarrassment.
 
The purple-haired vixen chuckled for a few moments before a devilish smile formed on her lips. “Did I ever tell you about the time that I spent a whole week in bed fucking Kaji-san?”
 
Maya sighed. `She seems to get perverted when she's over-tired and sober. I wonder if she'd mellow out if I got a few drinks into her? Hmm… I wonder what other moods I could get her into if I… oh stop it! Now mymind is going into the sewer! I wonder if those blue cells are still in me, messing me up… yes, that must be it.' She shook her head to clear it. She couldn't think of anything better to talk about so she shook her head. “No… a whole week? Wow… tell me about it?”
 
Misato grinned and started describing the various activities they took part in intimate sordid detail. She got even more descriptive when the captain seemed unaware of what some of the terms she used meant, and then had to explain why she would ever let someone do that to her, or why she would want to do that to someone. At one point Lieutenant Hyuga had walked in to check to see whether the captain had reported in or not, but as soon as he heard what the women were talking about, he made all haste to return home, nearly having a heart attack on the way.
 
 
*************************
 
 
Rei approached Kaoru, whom was currently looking at paintings hanging in an art store. Some of them had grown rather grimy because of the shattered window and days of windblown dirt and rain from the past few weeks. But all in all, they were more or less intact. She stood behind the last angel for several minutes silently until he turned his head to give her a pleasant smile. “Walk with me.” She requested dryly, turning without another word to exit to the street and began walking without even looking to see if the boy complied or not.
 
“So how are you feeling today, dear sister?” The fifth child inquired politely, casually strolling beside the quiet girl with his hands in his pockets and a serene smile seemingly permanently plastered on his face.
 
“No problems to report.” The blue-haired beauty responded automatically. She fell silent as she walked.
 
“And Shinji-kun? He seems… happy. As do you.” The silver-haired boy observed.
 
The red-eyed angel turned her head slightly to regard the tall boy for several moments before responding. “What is your interest in Ikari?”
 
Kaoru shrugged nonchalantly. “I love him.”
 
“Did you love him as he squeezed the life out of you?” The first child asked flatly.
 
“Yes. Not the first time, I admit. But the second time, yes.” The red-eyed boy responded with a gentle laugh.
 
Rei's eyes narrowed slightly. “Second time? So this is at least the third Day, then.”
 
The young Nagisa nodded, even though the girl walking beside him wasn't looking his way. “Yes, as far as I can remember, anyway. You seem to have gotten it right this time. That's quite an improvement from your former self, dear sister. It took her six times, if I recall correctly.”
 
“They had less to work with.” The blue-haired angel responded absently.
 
Kaoru nodded. “True. But your desires were more complicated. I am surprised they worked out so well this time. Tell me, what did you do to Soryu?”
 
Ayanami's eyes narrowed again and her eyes shifted slightly as she searched her memory, which at the moment seemed like a distant dream. “I gave her… what she desired most. However, she still seems to be dying. Perhaps that is her destiny. My heart…” She paused for a few moments to identify her emotions. “My heart aches for her.”
 
“Why? It is Shinji-kun that your soul cries out for, and it is he that you have become one with.” The silver-haired angel inquired curiously, turning to gaze at the girl's profile.
 
The first child nodded. “Yes. But she is also a part of my heart. I have loved her since that day…”
 
The last angel quirked an eyebrow up curiously. “Which day was that?”
 
“On the elevator. She slapped me.” Rei responded enigmatically. “She earned my empathy that day. I suppose when I recreated the world this time, I took that into consideration.”
 
Though the fifth child didn't know what she was talking about, he understood the sentiment as he had developed love for Shinji in a rather similar fashion, except without having to endure an assault. “Fascinating. It seems you remember everything now, or the important things, at least. Now tell me, dear sister… what did you do with Adam?”
 
“I do not know where Adam is. I only know where a part of him is, but that will not help you. If you want to control Third Impact, you will have to merge with Lilith and use her power to seek out Adam.” The red-eyed girl stated emotionlessly.
 
The silver-haired angel smiled and reached his hand out to tenderly stroke his fingertips over the girl's cheek, which made her eyes widen in surprise. “I could save myself the time and become one with you, dear sister. I think it would even be… quite pleasant.”
 
“Perhaps then, I should save Shinji-kun the heartache of having to kill you and do it myself right now.” Rei deadpanned, brushing the other angel's hand away from her face. “You have touched me twice now without my permission. Do not attempt it a third time.”
 
“Of course, dear sister.” Kaoru replied with a bow. “I see you still have no sense of humor. A pity. Now then, my promise was to give you and Shinji-kun time to find your happiness before I made my move. That promise has now been fulfilled. It is now my time to seek out my destiny.”
 
The first child shook her head once. “I wish for more time. I had hoped that Soryu would find her own happiness before you…” She trailed off and turned her head in the general direction of Misato's apartment for a few moments, genuine surprise crossing her face. She noticed the other angel turn his head in that direction as well, though she paid it no mind. They both remained silent for several minutes before a smile graced the blue-haired beauty's lips. “Shinji-kun… you surprise me.”
 
The last angel smiled and turned to look at Ayanami. “Judging by that lovely song of happiness streaming from Soryu's soul, I take it you have no further objections?”
 
The red-eyed girl shook her head once. “None. You may make your attempt whenever you are ready.”
 
The silver-haired boy nodded. “I do have one problem, however. Kyoko did not allow me to dominate her this time. We both know Yui would never allow me to dominate her, so your changes prevent me from fulfilling my destiny.”
 
Ayanami turned her gaze up at the other angel's and stared at him blankly for several moments before she responded. “Unit 00 was repaired in secret. You may use her.”
 
Kaoru blinked in surprise. “Do you honestly believe I can dominate her? What does that say about you, dear sister?”
 
Rei glanced towards Misato's apartment again for several long moments before she replied. “If my Eva does not kill you herself, yes, you can dominate her. She likes being told what to do.”
 
The fifth child smiled and looked the frail-looking girl over for several moments. “Fascinating.”
 
“Goodbye, Tabris. We shall not speak again.” The first child stated as she started walking away.
 
“Unless the new Day dawns, that is.” Tabris responded.
 
The crimson-eyed girl shook her head once. “Success or failure, I will not make the world over again. Heaven is now silent. We shall not speak again.” She deadpanned, only pausing long enough to make that statement before she walked towards the transports down into the GeoFront and NERV headquarters.
 
Kaoru smiled. “Amazing. Even she has earned my love.” He let his eyes trail down towards NERV headquarters deep below his feet for several minutes before his gaze fixed on a single point. “Ah, there you are, little Rei-chan. Can you come out to play?” He laughed softly and started walking towards his temporary home, whistling a joyous tune as he started planning his strategy.
 
*************************
 
Cue dramatic and ominous music. Teehee Next chapter: Asuka and Shinji bond a bit, and um… I'm not sure if anything else will make it into that chapter or not. It's probably going to be exceptionally long just on that segment alone, as evidenced by the above where that first segment alone was as long as some of my longest chapters! Asuka and Shinji have a lot to work out, but it's possible I might fit in a scene between Ritsuko and Rei. We shall see. Asuka made a journal entry early in the “day”, as you saw in this chapter, but she'll likely make another entry sometime around the next chapter that comes out since the “day” isn't quite over yet. Anyway, until then, auf Wiedersehen.