Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ Only In Your Eyes Am I Worthy ❯ Rage Against the Dying of the Light ( Chapter 35 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Evangelion: Only In Your Eyes Am I Worthy
 
Author's Note: If you're curious about reading the deleted scenes from Chapter 34, they're on my website (Lucythebeast.com) under the “Alternate Visions” section under Stories, if you hadn't already noticed them there.
 
Required Disclaimer: Disclaimers are like a box of chocolates… yum. This story is of course a fan-work. It is a simple homage to the wonderful work of Gainax Studio and Anno-sensei.
 
 
Chapter 35: Rage Against the Dying of the Light
 
 
 
Rei blushed slightly as she regarded the face of her lover. “You're giving me that look again, Shinji-kun.” She informed him.
 
Shinji nodded. “I know. I love you, I can't help it.” He responded, glancing forward as they came upon Asuka's hospital room. His smile dropped, however, when he saw that the room was empty. “What? They wouldn't have released her.” He stated confidently, striding into the room to look into the bathroom in case she was in there. “She's not here!” He exclaimed in a panic.
 
The first child frowned at the news. “Perhaps she is having a test. We can inquire about her status at the reception desk.” She stated calmly.
 
The blue eyed boy nodded quickly and started rushing down the hall towards the elevator. “Ok, let's go ask.” He called out.
 
“Shinji-kun… wait a moment.” The young Ayanami said, holding up a hand as her head turned towards the opposite direction of the hall as the boy had been hurrying down. “Let's check in this direction first.”
 
“Huh? Oh… ah… ok.” The third child scratched the back of his head in confusion as he followed his girlfriend further down the hall. He started to ask her why she looked so thoughtful, but her hand came up again, silencing his inquiry before he could utter a sound.
 
“There is no television in her room. There is, however, a recreation room.” Rei informed him as they came upon the room in question.
 
The young Ikari stared in surprise at seeing the second child reclining comfortably on a leather couch, watching a television set. “How did you… never mind. Asuka-chan, you almost gave me a heart attack!” The boy exclaimed, moving into the reception room in view of the red-haired spitfire.
 
“I got bored and they said I could walk around as long as I didn't leave the hospital. Check this out.” Asuka indicated the television screen as she sat up straight to make room on the couch for the other pilots. “They made a movie about us! Can you believe it?”
 
“Really?” Shinji sat down, staring at the screen in awe. A moment later the quiet blue-haired girl sat beside him. “Is it the same people from that show we saw?” He inquired, watching a computer generated mecha that strongly resembled his Unit 01 lumber around a city, likely meant to be Tokyo 3.
 
“It's by the same company, but the actors are all different. This was probably being filmed at the same time as the TV series. The Evas look better here, too.” The German pilot replied and then a few moments later her eyes widened in surprise. “Holy shit, is that… ah… what's his name?!”
 
“Why is Unit 01 battling a gigantic… iguana?” Rei inquired, obviously not recognizing the creature in question.
 
“Oh my god, they're having me fight Gojira?! Are they insane?!” The third child cried. He glanced at his girlfriend and raised an eyebrow. “You really have never watched television before we started dating.” He teased.
 
“Gojira is kicking Unit 01's ass.” Asuka stated, elbowing the boy in the ribs playfully. “But wait until you see the pilot. Assuming Unit 01 wins.”
 
The young Ikari groaned and covered his eyes as the Unit 01 on the television screen was given the hotfoot treatment by the radioactive icon. “I am so glad that Aida-kun isn't here… if he saw this, he'd never let me live it down.” He breathed a sigh of relief when the purple cybernetic mecha defeated Gojira, sending him retreating back into the ocean. “At least he won. And I don't have to get attacked by legions of Gojira fans claiming that I killed him.”
 
“I do not believe that would have been a problem.” The first child stated, tilting her head slightly to the side curiously as she watched the pilot now on the screen.
 
“Oh my god!” Shinji cried out, mouth hanging agape in horror and wonder.
 
“I know, right? Oh, I so need a camera right now.” The red-haired beauty laughed out loud, clutching at her ribs.
 
“I'm a girl?!” The blue-eyed boy cried out in disbelief, staring at the girl on the screen.
 
“A hot girl, at that!” Asuka asserted, desperately trying to catch her breath as she fought a losing battle against giggling.
 
“She is quite attractive.” The red-eyed angel agreed, regarding the actress.
 
“I'd do her.” The second child asserted, breaking into another fit of giggles.
 
The young Ikari blushed and glanced over at the girl. “I'd love to see that.”
 
“Oh, I bet you would, pervert.” The blue-eyed girl laughed as she stretched. “This is fun and all but I need to walk around for a little while… my ass is still a little sore from lying on it for all that time.”
 
Shinji winced, realizing that was likely the reason the girl had been lying on her side instead of sitting up during the movie. “Do you have to stay inside the hospital or can you walk outside on the hospital grounds?” He inquired as he stood up and helped the girl up.
 
“They'll probably let me walk outside as long as we tell the duty nurse where I'll be.” Asuka replied, blinking in surprise a moment later when the quiet first child moved up to support her other arm. “Damn, two people helping me walk? I'm not an invalid.”
 
“I simply wish to be close to you.” Rei stated diplomatically.
 
The German girl smiled at her fellow pilots. “Then hold my hands, not my elbows, you two. That'll make my ego feel better, ja?”
 
After informing the staff of where they would be, the pilots walked outside. Asuka smiled as the sun hit her face and lifted it towards the sky. “Ah… that's what I need to be one hundred percent… a little sun.” She commented. She glanced at the two at her sides and a devilish smirk appeared on her lips. “So… you two were gone a long time. I take it you're all made up and happy?”
 
The blush that colored the third child's cheeks was all the answer the red-haired beauty needed, but Rei spoke up. “Shinji-kun affirmed his affection and forgiveness for me by making love to me many times. It certainly made me happy.”
 
“Oh, I bet it did.” The blue-eyed girl stated with a giggle.
 
Shinji groaned and slapped his hand to his reddened face. While he loved that his girlfriend could be so honest, it was rather embarrassing at times when she shared that information with others. `She could have at least said it a little more discretely.' He thought. “Ah… it's certainly beautiful out here.”
 
“Ja… that it is.” The second child agreed, for once choosing not to tease the boy further. “It feels good to have saved the world, you know?”
 
“Ah… well… that is…” The young Ikari scratched the back of his head nervously as guilt rose up in his heart. `We didn't really save the world… it's still going to end.' He thought. He was trying to think of a way to tell the girl that wouldn't reveal classified information and get his lover in trouble, but he couldn't think of one.
 
“Hmm?” The red-haired beauty quirked an eyebrow up at the third child's strange response.
 
“Asuka-chan… I am sorry. I have not yet greeted you properly.” Rei stated, distracting the other girl from her bafflement. She brushed her fingers over Asuka's cheek and smiled briefly before kissing her, lingering over her lips for over a minute while her boyfriend watched with wide eyes and a dry mouth. “Mmm.” She murmured into the German girl's mouth.
 
After the kiss was over Asuka smiled brightly. “Wow… that… wow.” The girl's cheeks were flushed as she shyly glanced down at her feet. `It feels strange when it's not me instigating it… but wow… I could have kissed her all day. I hope none of those perverted doctors are watching us.'
 
Rei turned her gaze towards the blue-eyed boy, but made no comment. She had told him that it was his own choice what affection he showed the second child, so she didn't suggest he greet her the same way. A touch of a frown formed on her lips when she realized something. `Shinji-kun and I will not have time now for that date he wanted to take me on. If only we had more time. At least we made each other happy… it is enough.'
 
Shinji stared down at his feet, unable to think of anything to say.
 
“Ok… break the bad news to me, already. Am I dying or something?” The second child asked as she became frustrated by the tense silence that had fallen over them all.
 
The boy's blue eyes widened in shock and he was dumbfounded as to how to respond to the inquiry. `What am I supposed to say? We're all dying? And you'll… you'll… oh god. Enemies… we still have enemies?! No… that can't be right… the angels are defeated. Humans? Defeating the threat from without, are we faced with the lingering threat from within, now? I wish I could remember. Rei-chan may remember everything from the previous worlds, but I only get a headache and a sense of déjà vu…'
 
“Oh shit, I'm dying?! What the fuck?! Did that silver-haired bastard give me brain cancer or something?!” Asuka demanded, her eyes widening in fear.
 
“You are not ill, Asuka-chan.” Rei stated evenly.
 
The German girl narrowed her eyes suspiciously. She knew what it meant when the girl stated her response so carefully. `She didn't say I wasn't dying, she said I wasn't ill. So if I'm not sick…' Her eyes widened in outrage. “That cold-hearted virgin-heart-devouring sourpuss grumpypants son of a whore is going to kill me?! What the fuck?! We served our purpose so our reward is a bullet in the brain?!”
 
Shinji blinked rapidly in confusion for a few moments but then he realized whom she was referring to. `She means Father. Oh… just once I wish I could call him that to his face. Don't laugh… don't laugh… this is serious… don't laugh!' The boy took a deep breath to suppress the urge to express his amusement at the, likely apt, description of his bastard of a father. “No, I doubt even he would stoop that low.”
 
“He would, but he will not.” The first child stated with certainty. `He would have shot me in the head a few weeks ago if his gun had been loaded.' She recalled.
 
The red-haired spitfire shook her head in confusion. “So what am I missing then?” She frowned when she saw the third child nervously avoiding her gaze and even the quiet blue-haired girl was looking downwards. `Fine then, a direct question.' She cleared her throat to gain the attention of the other two pilots, but fixed her gaze directly onto the red-eyed girl. “Rei-chan, am I going to die soon?”
 
`Damn it. There is no way to answer that without either telling the truth or giving a vague half-truth which would essentially be a lie. I cannot bear to break her heart as I did Shinji-kun's.' Rei sighed. “It… is possible.”
 
Shinji bit his lip nervously. He felt like he should say something, but he had no idea what to say now. He wondered if his girlfriend was about to reveal the same secrets she had shared with him.
 
“I see. Can you tell me how?” The blue-eyed girl inquired, leaning back against a tree as she felt as if she were deflated inside.
 
The first child considered that carefully, her eyes downcast and shifting about in thought. “Asuka-chan… do you trust me?” She inquired finally, turning her eyes up to meet those of the other girl.
 
“Yes.” Asuka replied immediately. If she was surprised by her own complete trust in the soft-spoken red-eyed girl, she didn't show it.
 
Rei nodded, relieved by the response. “When the time is right, you will have to fight with all of your considerable skills and heart. I will give you the information you require to give you a chance of survival. But it will not be easy, even for you. I have faith in you, however. If it is possible to prevail, you shall do so.”
 
The red-haired beauty nodded her head. It made sense… it explained the sense of dread that was hanging over her heart for the past few weeks. “What can you tell me now?”
 
The young Ayanami considered that carefully. There was only one bit of information that she could reveal at this time… perhaps the most important part. “I love you.”
 
The girl's blue eyes widened in surprise as that statement sunk in. `I… suspected she had true feelings for me… but… she loves me? Someone… someone finally loves me. Not for what I can do for them, or in any sense of obligation… but just because of who I am. Someone loves me. Oh god, I'm crying. Damn it all to hell!' Asuka sighed and glanced away, wiping the tears from her cheeks as casually as she could. “Thank you. That means… more to me than you will ever know.”
 
Rei embraced the other girl and turned her gaze to the young Ikari, who still obviously had no idea what to say or do. “Shinji-kun, Asuka-chan no longer requires the care of this hospital. We are taking her home.”
 
“Huh? Are you sure? The doctors wanted to…” Shinji froze when he saw the determination in his lover's crimson eyes. “Yes ma'am.” He coughed nervously and they started to walk back to Misato's apartment in silence.
 
“My apartment is closer.” The first child said suddenly, stopping as she looked at the street that led towards her own apartment. `And it is closer to NERV headquarters.' She added silently.
 
“Oh, but your apartment is…” Shinji almost said `Your apartment is a broken down dump.' But he bit his tongue to restrain himself. “Ah… well, what about clothes? Asuka-chan is in a hospital gown…”
 
“Then go retrieve my clothing, some of Asuka-chan's clothing, and some for yourself. Meanwhile, I will accompany Asuka-chan back to my apartment.” Rei responded.
 
The third child shifted around nervously. “Ah… ok. Are you sure you'll be all right alone?”
 
“I'll protect your beloved, dummy. Go on, fetch us some clothes. And don't jerk off on my underwear, got it?!” Asuka teased.
 
Shinji blushed. `Oh god… that's right… I'll have to get her some underwear too. That means…'
 
“Pervert! Stop thinking about my underwear! Go!” The second child ordered, pointing in the general direction of Misato's apartment. She broke into laughter when the boy scuttled off. “He's probably going to have a heart attack while he's packing our clothes.”
 
“Why?” Rei inquired as they made their way towards her apartment.
 
The red-haired girl smirked and shook her head. “I'm joking, Wonder Girl.”
 
The first child frowned thoughtfully but she didn't see the humor behind the statement. “Oh.” She responded.
 
Asuka nervously glanced over at the quiet girl a number of times as they made their way to her apartment, but she couldn't think of anything to say that wouldn't sound lame. And the other girl, of course, remained silent. “Rei-chan… how do you know that something is going to try to kill me?” She blurted out.
 
`What part of trust me did she not understand?!' Rei thought. She glanced over at the second child, considering remaining silent. “I have access to information that you do not.” She finally responded honestly.
 
“Ach.” The German girl grimaced in frustration. She had been hoping for a bit more than that. “Is that why you spend so much time at NERV even though your Eva is gone?”
 
The first child nodded. “That is part of why I must work at NERV, yes. Please do not question me on the matter further. I cannot reveal classified information to you at this time and it is not yet time to tell you of what to expect. But have faith in me, Asuka-chan… I will tell you what you need to know when the time is right.”
 
“I know. I do. But… I'm just nervous, ok? And… scared. If you tell anyone I said that, I swear I'll…” Asuka started to say, flustered by her own admission of what she considered weakness.
 
The blue-haired beauty stopped immediately and grabbed the girl, planting a kiss on her lips. She felt the second child stiffen in surprise but a few moments later the other girl relaxed and kissed her back. Rei smirked after breaking the kiss in a way so that the other pilot couldn't see it and resumed walking. `It works on her, as well.'
 
`Why did she kiss me so suddenly? What was I saying? Scheiße, I don't remember.' The German girl shook her head as they climbed the steps up to the first child's apartment. “Wonder Girl, how come they put you in this dump to live by yourself? Couldn't you have lived with someone? I mean, you could have been the one living with Misato-san… or hell, that frigid doctor bitch, or even that Ibuki chick.”
 
Rei shrugged as she walked into her apartment, kicking her shoes off casually. “I do not remember.”
 
The second child quirked an eyebrow up as she took her own shoes off and placed them into the shoe rack. “You really don't remember? You never asked?”
 
The red-eyed girl shook her head as she walked into the sleeping area and sat down on her bed. “I never thought about it. I lived in a similar room in NERV headquarters in my childhood, but some time between then and when my Eva was being completed, I was here. I do not remember moving. I do not remember much of my childhood. I know that I am a ward of Commander Ikari's, but we have never been… close. Our relationship is best described as…” She paused thoughtfully as she tried to determine the appropriate word. “…professional.” She finally decided on.
 
“Großer Gott, Wonder Girl… no wonder you're so fucked up!” Asuka blurted out.
 
A touch of a frown formed on the first child's lips. “That is like… what is that phrase? Ein Esel schimpft den anderen Langohr, Asuka-chan. (It basically means the same thing as the English phrase `The pot calling the kettle black'. It means ah… 'One donkey puts another down for having long ears')
 
The German girl chuckled and sat down next to the blue-haired beauty, reclining back with her hands supporting herself. “Ja, das ist schon wahr (Yes, that's true, of course). So, my mother killed herself and wanted to take me with her and my father immediately got remarried and put the woman, who couldn't give half a shit about me, in charge of raising me. Shinji-kun loses his mom also and his bastard of a father sends him to some relatives who couldn't give half a shit about him, also. And you… you lost your parents as well, ja? And the cold son of a whore that couldn't be bothered to take care of his own kid gets stuck with raising you, and he couldn't be bothered with you either. We're definitely all made for one another, ja?”
 
Rei looked troubled as she considered how much pain they had all had to endure even before they were made to pilot the Evas. She had never even really thought about the crap they had gone through before the Angels started attacking. “Despite all that, we found love with one another.” She responded, hoping it was enough.
 
The second child nodded and glanced over at the taciturn girl sitting beside her, feeling nervous all of the sudden, but she wasn't sure why. “Jawohl (exactly/quite so).” Her thoughts turned to troubling subjects, despite the hopeful statement the other girl had made, her brow creasing in thought as her eyes reflected the turmoil of her considerations.
 
The red-eyed girl looked over at the German girl, noticing the dark place her thoughts were going. `No!' She thought. She placed a hand on the girl's thigh and leaned closer to her, immediately earning the other pilot's attention. “Asuka-chan…”
 
Asuka opened her mouth and a squeak was heard from her throat before she cleared it and tried again. “Ah… ja?”
 
Rei leaned in closer and kissed the second child, trailing her fingers through the girl's auburn tresses. She had grown tired of waiting for the girl to ask her to do this. `I may enjoy being submissive, but I do not enjoy being frustrated as I wait for them to get the hint.' She thought to herself as she felt the blue-eyed girl sigh into her mouth. She gently lowered the girl down onto her back and cuddled in closely to her as her hand started wandering downwards without breaking the kiss.
 
The red-haired beauty pulled away a bit to break the kiss and hissed slightly as her breast was fondled. “Damn, Wonder Girl… what's gotten into you so suddenly?”
 
“I grew tired of waiting for you to ask me to make love to you.” The blue-haired angel deadpanned, lowering her lips to kiss the other girl's neck.
 
Asuka's eyes widened when she heard the girl's plans. “Ah… I need to shower…”
 
“You showered earlier, I can smell the shampoo in your hair and the soap on your skin.” Rei argued, nibbling at the base of the other girl's neck as her hand rubbed the flat belly underneath it.
 
“Rei-chan… Herrgottnochmal! (Ah… it means basically `for crying out loud!' Or ah… Oh, for heaven's sake!)” The second child hissed, pulling away slightly from the other girl.
 
The red-eyed girl blinked several times as she paused, tilting her head slightly to the side in curiosity. This was definitely not how she envisioned the girl responding. “What is wrong?”
 
“I'm… scared, ok? I'm not sure I'm ready for this and you're here trying to fuck me so suddenly. You're freaking me out a little…” Asuka admitted, feeling a little angry at having to confess that.
 
“I… I thought you wanted me, as well. I am sorry for offending you.” Rei pulled away from the girl and felt a tear trickle out of her eye. `How could I have been so wrong? She does not wish to be one with me? She has given every indication up until now that that was the case. So why is she now denying me?' She wondered.
 
“I… do want you, Wonder Girl. It's just… this is my first time, remember? Shinji-kun didn't exactly already take that distinction.” The second child stated a little more bitterly than she intended.
 
“And you want him and not me.” The blue-haired beauty stated, sitting up and staring at her closet. `And he doesn't want you… or at least he will not do that with you. Are you forcing yourself into an unloved position, Asuka-chan? Are you afraid of the love you so crave?'
 
“No… you know I want you, too. I just… I don't know. Verdammt nochmal! (Damn it!) You just… it just didn't seem like you were doing it for the right reason.” Asuka stated, sitting up and glancing away, feeling ashamed but unsure of why.
 
Rei's gaze snapped over to the other girl, surprised at that statement. “You think I tried to make love to you because I was afraid it was my last chance.”
 
The blue-eyed girl stared down at her feet, feeling uncomfortable. “Well… yeah.”
 
“I have faith in you, Asuka-chan. I admit I am concerned for your wellbeing, but I want to make love to you because I love you. I wish to show you how much by pleasuring you. I do not fear that it is my only chance. I simply… want to.” The first child stated a little shyly, scuffling her toe against the cement floor.
 
“Well… then make love to me when this threat you're so worried about is over. Give me something to look forward to.” Asuka suggested.
 
The young Ayanami frowned. “But… I want to make love to you now.” She stated in a vulnerable tone. `Am I being too pushy? What a turnaround this is…'
 
The second child smirked and leaned over to look the other girl in the eye. “Wonder Girl… Are you actually horny? Weren't you just screwing Shinji-kun for hours, earlier?”
 
Rei considered that. She suspected, though, that part of the reason she felt this way was the frustrated feelings centered around the second child… both her own and the feelings of both Shinji and herself. She remembered picking up the emotions of the third child in a similar way when his S2 organ first started to activate and she wondered if it was her organ causing this empathy or if something had changed in the other girl. `She does not have an S2 organ… could she have something similar? Is that how the commanders made her immune to the blue cells' affect on neurochemistry? Or did they simply dose her with small amounts until she had built up the immunity in the same manner immunization shots are administered? I wish I knew.' She sighed and shook her head. “My own needs are… satisfied for now. I simply wish to satisfy yours, as well. I know you have been frustrated. And I have wanted to tend to your needs… but I assumed Shinji-kun would feel more comfortable being the first to be with you.”
 
“Well, it's not your fault that he's so clueless. He's loyal to you… I can't in good conscious fault him for that. And I think he's afraid that if he has sex with me, it'll simply be because he's wanted to screw me, and not because he loves me. I don't really understand that and it makes me feel bad, but I have to accept it. But you… I find myself wondering if you just want to fuck me because Shinji isn't, or if you really just want to because you really want to.” Asuka stated. She saw the offense in the other girl's eyes immediately. “Well, ok I did. I realize now that you want my body whether Shinji's doing it with me or not.” She stated quickly to defuse the situation.
 
The first child nodded. “And what are your own feelings on this matter?” She inquired.
 
The German girl frowned thoughtfully as she considered how best to give voice to her thoughts. “I do find you attractive. I don't really know why… I don't really think of other girls that way. I would like to explore things further with you, but I don't know if we're ready for that. I also worry that you want me for the wrong reasons.” She put her hands up to stop the other girl from jumping to defend herself before she was finished making her point. “Look… you've said it yourself. Half the time you don't understand your own feelings. You also have very little experience in social matters. If you can tell me without a shadow of a doubt that you're not confusing the love of a friend, or hell, even a sister, with the love for a lover, then we can go at it right now. But think about it carefully. Are you absolutely sure that you love me in a passionate lover-type way, or is it possible you just love me for who I am and think that sex is a part of any love relationship?”
 
Rei's brow became furrowed in confusion as she considered the second child's argument. “I do not understand. Love is love, is it not?”
 
“No, there are different aspects of love. You love family members, but not in the way you love your lover. I mean, you wouldn't bone your dad, right?” Asuka inquired with an expressive shrug.
 
“I do not have a father, so I would not know.” The red-eyed girl responded, not following the other girl's point.
 
The red-haired girl slapped her hand to her face and groaned. “Ach du lieber Gott! (It's like ah… `Oh my god' basically.) Ok… do you see Commander Grumpy-pants as a father figure?”
 
Rei frowned thoughtfully and considered that for a while, far longer than the other girl maintained her patience, as evidenced by the sighs and hisses of frustration. “I suppose that is a reasonable comparison.”
 
The blue-eyed girl nodded, wondering why it took the girl so long to agree to the assessment. “Ok. Would you have sex with him?”
 
A look of horror crossed the first child's features.
 
“Ok then. That's my point, Wonder Girl. Now I don't know if what you feel for him is love, but if it is, it's not the same kind of love you feel for Shinji-kun. So assuming you do love the bastard like a father, it should be something you can relate to either way. You understand at least that the love for family is different than the love between lovers, ja?” Asuka inquired.
 
The blue-haired beauty nodded. “I can see that, yes.”
 
The German girl sighed. “This would be much easier to explain if you had friends other than me. Ah… ok. I can only use myself as an example. Horaki is a really good friend of mine, you've seen that much I assume, ja? Ok… I love her, we're pals. But I don't think of her in a sexual way. I wouldn't want to have sex with her, you know? But I still love her.” She pointed out, hoping the girl understood finally. `At least, I guess I love her. She was there when I needed her, at any rate. I don't want to muddle her thinking with my own doubts on the subject, though.'
 
Rei nodded. “And you are worried that I love you as a friend and have so little experience with matters of the heart that I think it is passionate love.”
 
“Yes! You understand. So yes, that is my worry. I don't want to do it for the wrong reasons… and mein Gott, I'm Shinji now.” The second child realized in horror. `Kill me now.'
 
The red-eyed girl smirked slightly in amusement. “If you were Shinji-kun, we would not be having this discussion. I would have already given you at least one orgasm, if not two.”
 
Asuka's eyes widened slightly, surprise and arousal battling in her psyche. “I… suppose. So what's the verdict then? Are you sure you love me as a lover, or am I just a good friend that you think is cute?”
 
“I want to pleasure you until you beg me to stop.” The first child stated with absolute certainty.
 
The German girl stared at Rei, her mouth suddenly going dry. She opened her mouth to say something but the words caught in her throat. `Whoa… did I misread that, or what?!' She coughed nervously and tried again. “I… ah… um… the uh… we…” `Whoa, smooth, Second Child. Smooth! Gott im Himmel, I'm pathetic.'
 
Rei nodded and leaned into the other girl again, kissing her. “I trust there will be no further arguments?” She inquired, slipping her hand up the other pilot's hospital gown and caressing her silky smooth thigh.
 
The second child shook her head, unable to formulate words. `Mein Gott, her eyes seem to be burning… I can't look away. Is her hand about to…' “Großer Gott!” She gasped out, flopping down on her back as her thighs parted of their own volition.
 
The first child smiled, gently brushing her thumb over the dampened petals of the other girl's sex. “I seem to be getting called that a lot today.” She remarked as he leaned down onto her side to kiss the girl deeply as her hand explored.
 
Asuka groaned softly, her eyes rolling back as she enjoyed the hesitant touches of the other girl. She growled softly as she tugged at the hospital gown adorning her body and finally got frustrated and tore it off, unwilling to break the kiss or interrupt the touches that were making her blood seem to boil. `Shinji, I swear if you come in here and she stops, I will hurt you!' She thought.
 
Rei backed away slightly, a bit intimidated by the aggressive clothes-tearing, but a smile crossed her lips as she regarded the bare body now exposed to her. She pressed her lips to the girl's throat and kissed and licked her way down until she captured a nipple between her lips, suckling on it gently as one of her slender fingers slid inside the girl's moist depths to feel the staggering heat inside her body. “Mmm.” She murmured.
 
“O Gott… Wonder Girl…” The red-haired beauty gasped out, her back arching as her hips pressed against the girl's questing hand. `No, no… not already!' “AH! Scheiße!” She cried out, lights exploding behind her eyes as passion burned through her veins.
 
The young Ayanami smiled briefly before trailing her lips over to the other breast, her tongue brushing over the underside of her pert breast before it starting circling the girl's nipple. She added a second finger to the girl's over-heated core, ignoring the orgasmic tremors wracking the girl's body.
 
Asuka moaned loudly and squeezed the other girl's pert bottom, wishing she had the leverage to remove the girl's clothes so that she could at least feel bare skin against her. “Wonder Girl…”
 
Nodding in understanding, the first child lifted up slightly and used her free hand, with some assistance from the other girl, to pull off her top. A few moments later the German girl was unsnapping the jeans the girl had chosen to wear after her earlier shower. With a bit of tugging on both their parts, she was then in her underwear, a state she was only in for a few moments before the rest of her clothing was collided with her closet door before falling down to the floor. Rei smiled down at the red-haired girl as she pressed her now bare body against the other girl's as her fingers worked their way even deeper inside her. Her thumb also found a spot which seemed to make the girl respond even more.
 
The second child gasped in pleasure as she leaned up to fondle the other girl's breasts, finding the weight and softness of them to be pleasant in her hands. “You're driving me crazy, Wonder Girl.” She gasped out as she nibbled on the girl's neck.
 
“Is that so? Perhaps you wish me to stop?” The blue-haired beauty inquired, smiling slightly as she teased the girl. She pulled her fingers out of the girl's depths and brushed them instead against the lips of the girl's sex.
 
Asuka smirked, knowing the girl wasn't serious. “If you stop, you won't find out how loud you can make me scream in pleasure.”
 
“Perhaps that is so.” The red-eyed girl intoned softly, circling her thumb gently against the girl's clitoris that she had found earlier.
 
“AAAH! Um Gottes willen! (For God's sake!)” The second child cried out as she reached another explosive climax.
 
Rei smiled softly as her thumb continued its slow circling of the girl's clitoris, sliding her fingers back into the girl's molten depths. “That was quite loud… am I correct in my assumption that you are enjoying this?”
 
The German girl hissed in pleasure as her hips moved subconsciously. She shook her head in amusement and tweaked the first child's nipple playfully. “You know I am, silly girl. Where the hell did you learn how to do all this, anyway?”
 
The first child smiled and wiggled her fingers inside the girl, earning another groan for her efforts. “I asked Ibuki-taii how one girl pleasures another in this manner. She was most helpful with my instruction.” She replied casually.
 
Asuka's eyes widened in surprise. “You got it on with her, too?! Just so you could learn how to… FUCK!!!” She cried out as another orgasm flowed through her body like fire. “Damn it! Give me a minute to catch my fucking breath, Wonder Girl!” She gasped out as she flopped back against the dampened sheets.
 
Ayanami shook her head slightly as she pumped her fingers slowly in and out of the girl, leaning down to kiss her. “I believe I said I would stop when you told me to stop.” She stated evenly before slipping her tongue into the redhead's mouth. She didn't bother correcting the girl on the fact that she had not slept with the young captain, as it wasn't pertinent information.
 
“Mmph.” The second child grunted, rocking her hips despite herself as she became lost in the sensations coursing through her body. `She's going to kill me… and I'm going to enjoy every damn second of it.' She thought as her eyes rolled back into her head and a low groan issued forth from her throat.
 
Rei brushed the fingers of her free hand through the girl's fiery tresses as the fingers of her other hand continued its slow and deliberate exploration of the German girl's depths.
 
“Wonder Girl… I'm going to exploOODE! GAAAH!” Asuka gasped out, stiffening underneath the other girl as any further attempts at communication became impossible.
 
The first child smiled down at the blue-eyed girl, stilling the movements of her fingers as she placed soft sweet kisses on the girl's neck.
 
“Rei-chan… I've… had… enough. Mein Gott…” The red-haired beauty gasped out as her body finally relaxed. She felt a tear trickle out of her eye so she quickly turned her head so it would get lost in her auburn hair. “Toll! (Wow!)” She gasped out, desperately trying to catch her breath.
 
“Indeed.” Rei murmured, staring in awe at the flushed features of her fellow pilot. “Are you sure you have had enough? There are still some other things I could try…”
 
Asuka shook her head, laughing softly as drowsiness settled over her. “Oh no… not tonight you won't. If… you want me to… return the favor… then you might want to give me a few minutes. I think I'm numb.”
 
The first child giggled softly and cuddled into the girl's side. “I am quite content, Asuka-chan. But thank you for the offer.” She blinked in surprise and then looked at her fingers again. “I am sorry, Asuka-chan. I did not intend to injure you.”
 
The girl cracked a blue eye open and quirked an eyebrow up. “Huh?” She followed the other girl's gaze and saw a bit of blood on her fingers. “Oh… no, silly girl. You popped my cherry.”
 
Rei blinked.
 
“Uh… my hymen?” Asuka elaborated.
 
The blue-haired girl frowned slightly, understanding what happened now. “Oh. I am sorry, I did not even think about that possibility. I hope you are not angry with me.”
 
The German girl chuckled and shook her head. “I barely felt it. It was a fair trade for the best sex of my life, Wonder Girl.”
 
Rei nodded and stood up and walked into the bathroom to wash her hands before returning to sit beside the exhausted second child. “I am glad you enjoyed the experience. It was… agreeable to bring so much joy to your heart.”
 
The red-haired beauty giggled and shook her head. “Agreeable? You really know how to make a girl feel special, Rei-chan.” She quipped.
 
A smile appeared on the first child's lips. “I am glad.” She stated, missing the sarcasm in the other girl's tone.
 
Asuka sighed and rolled over onto her side, staring at the apartment's door. “I wonder what's taking Shinji-kun so long? I half-expected him to come barging in here while we were going at it. I don't know whether he'd freak out on us, or jump our bones.” She caught the perplexed expression on the quiet girl's face and restated her euphemism. “Joined in on the sex.”
 
Before the red-eyed girl could respond, the door opened and a flushed looking Shinji walked in, carrying bags of clothing for the girls. “Ah… sorry it took me so long.” He stated as he walked into the bedroom area and set the clothing down. He didn't mention it but he had been sitting down outside for the past half hour listening to the second child's gasps and groans. He hadn't wanted to walk in and embarrass them, but he had to admit the whole situation felt weird. He didn't feel jealous, exactly, nor was he really turned on much by it. Mostly he just felt like he would if he almost walked in on two people having a heart-to-heart talk, so he had waited patiently for them to finish before he walked in. `Well… maybe I was turned on a little… but I don't really want to think about it right now.' He thought.
 
“What took you so long?” The German girl inquired, propping herself up on an elbow.
 
The third child blushed and glanced away, not wanting to stare at the girl while she was still naked. `Ah… think. Think.' He coughed nervously. “Ah, the train. It was… late.” He felt like slapping himself. `Oh, that was brilliant, idiot.'
 
“Oh, just admit you were jerking off on our panties, pervert. It's ok.” Asuka teased.
 
`I'Mthe pervert? You just screwed my girlfriend and you're still lying there naked.' He thought, feeling offended by the girl's ribbing. “I didn't jerk off on your underwear, Soryu.” He spat out, staring at the closet as he tried to will the spitfire to get dressed so he could stop feeling embarrassed.
 
“I was just joking. Shinji-kun? What's wrong?” The second child asked, sitting up as she realized she had unintentionally hurt the boy's feelings.
 
“He is angry with me. Again.” Rei stated with a sigh of defeat.
 
“What?! What the hell for?!” Asuka demanded. She looked at Rei, realizing for the first time that the girl was still naked and then that she was as well. “Aw shit. Shinji-kun… you said you were ok with this if it happened between us. It did. What's the problem?”
 
“She told you that she loved you.” Shinji responded, his shoulders slumping as depression settled over his heart.
 
The German girl shook her head, failing to see the problem. “Ja? Is that a bad thing?”
 
“She hasn't even told me that yet.” The third child stated bitterly. “So I'm sorry, I'm feeling a little rejected right now, ok?”
 
The second child turned to look at the other girl in astonishment, unable to voice her surprise.
 
“It was time to tell Asuka-chan how I felt.” Rei said evenly.
 
“But it isn't time to tell me yet?!” The young Ikari demanded, turning to face his girlfriend as his face reddened in anger.
 
“It is not.” The red-eyed girl responded.
 
“Fuck this, I'm leaving. I'm tired of this.” Shinji spat out, stomping towards the door.
 
“Shinji-kun. If you leave, I will follow you.” Rei stated.
 
“I can't stop you.” The young Ikari replied as he walked out the door.
 
The blue-haired beauty sighed and followed after him silently.
 
Asuka dropped her face into her hands and groaned in exasperation. “Fucking hell. This is not what I wanted! I told them time and time again that I didn't want to come in between them! Why the hell didn't they listen to me?!” She asked, even though no one was listening.
 
The blue-eyed boy was halfway to the train station when he glanced behind himself and froze where he was, almost falling. “Rei-chan?! What the hell are you doing?!”
 
The first child blinked a few times, surprised by the reaction as well as the question. “I told you I would follow you if you left. I do not lie, Shinji-kun.”
 
“You're naked! You followed after me like that?! What the hell for?!” Shinji demanded, looking around quickly, paranoid that a mass of people were about to suddenly form around them in the nearly abandoned city to stare at his beloved.
 
“So that you would listen to me. You must trust me. It is not yet time for me to speak those words you wish to hear. When I am ready to say them, I will. Until then, you must have faith in me. You know how I feel about you. You also know how I feel about Asuka-chan. You did not tell me to not share myself with her, so if you have a problem with it, tell me. I will abide by your wishes. But do not make her feel guilty and scared by throwing a tantrum over it in front of her. If you have a problem with what I do with her, speak to me in private about it. Do not take your frustrations with me out on her, it is not fair.” Rei stated firmly.
 
The third child blushed and glanced around again. “Ok. Can you please go back to your apartment now?”
 
“Only if you come with me.” The young Ayamani replied seriously.
 
“Ok, ok! Let's go then!” Shinji cried, grabbing the girl's hand and running back to the girl's apartment as he flushed in embarrassment.
 
Rei smiled but remained silent as she was pulled along behind the boy.
 
They reached her apartment in record time, the boy dropping his hands to his knees as he gasped for breath. “Don't ever… do that… again!” He demanded as he tried not to hyperventilate. He looked up to see the tear-stained face of the second child as she sat on the other girl's bed. “Asuka-chan… I'm so sorry for yelling. I wasn't angry with you. I was just… frustrated. Will you forgive me?”
 
Asuka nearly said no, just to see what the boy was willing to do to gain her forgiveness, but she was afraid he'd break down into a frenzied apology-fest instead of doing something more affectionate so she simply nodded. “Of course. I told you before. I love you, so I forgive you. Idiot.”
 
The blue-eyed boy laughed softly and walked into the bedroom area, glancing back to make sure his girlfriend was following him. He felt a little nervous because both girls were still rather naked. “I love you too, stupid.” He said as gently as he could, hoping his smile was enough to stave off any violent reactions to his teasing.
 
The German girl chuckled. “About damn time. Get those clothes off and let's go to bed, ja?”
 
The third child hesitated for a few moments as he watched his lover walk past him and lie down behind the red-haired girl. `Well… I guess we can all fit on the bed but…' He started to think.
 
Asuka frowned and pointed at the empty space next to her as she scooted back into the first child, lying down as well. “Don't make me say it again. Come here. Now.”
 
Shinji swallowed nervously as he pulled his clothes off, feeling intimidated by the look the blue-eyed girl was giving him. `Things would be so much easier if I just shut up and did as I was told.' He thought as he finished undressing and got into the bed beside the red-haired spitfire.
 
“Good night.” Rei said, smiling briefly before closing her eyes and falling into slumber.
 
“Gute Nacht.” The second child replied, rolling over onto her back and getting comfortable.
 
“Uh… good night.” The young Ikari added, feeling confused. “Uh… Asuka-chan? Were you wanting me to… make love to you?”
 
Asuka turned her head to regard the boy in surprise. “You want to?” She inquired. `Didn't he screw Rei-chan enough? He couldn't possibly still have any… ok, that's not his hand brushing against my leg.'
 
The third child wasn't sure how to respond to that. His body was telling him `Fuck yeah!' and his heart was telling him `Hey, you did tell her you loved her. It's ok. You wouldn't just be using her for sex.' But his head was telling him `What the hell are you asking me for? I always tell you to run away, stupid.' He cleared his throat nervously before responding. “Ah… if you ask me to, I will.”
 
`Whoa… did I hit the jackpot today, or something?' The second child wondered. She looked over at the red-eyed angel beside her and saw that she was sleeping soundly. `Shit.' She grumbled internally. “I don't want to wake Rei-chan up. She looks so peaceful.”
 
“Oh… ok.” Shinji responded. `I don't know whether to be relieved or disappointed. I'm so fucked up.'
 
The blue-eyed girl smiled and gave the boy a tender kiss. “But thank you, it means a lot to me that you would offer.”
 
“Oh… ah… no problem.” The young Ikari replied.
 
“Next time, ok? I doubt you brought the condoms anyway.” Asuka pointed out as her eyelids drifted shut.
 
`Shit, she's right. Even if I don't have to worry about those stupid S2 cell things affecting her, I'd still have to worry about getting her pregnant. Damn it, can't I do anything right?!' He grumbled internally. “Yeah, you're right. Sweet dreams, Asuka-chan.”
 
“Slwamrrl.” The German girl muttered incoherently, slipping away into the land of dreams.
 
Shinji bit his tongue to refrain from laughing as he snuggled in closer to the girl and drifted off to sleep as well. `Long day… long… really weird… day.'
 
The next morning, Rei woke up and smiled at the two people she loved the most as they slept. Everything felt right with the world. She paused on that thought as it suddenly changed. She sat up quickly, feeling fear creep into her heart. `It's time.' “Shinji-kun! Asuka-chan! Wake up! We have to get to headquarters, NOW!” She said quickly, jumping out of the bed and dressing quickly.
 
The other two pilots woke up and stared blearily at the first child as she scrambled for clothing. She hadn't even bothered with a bra since she was in such a rush. “What's wrong? Why are you freaking out, Rei-chan?” Shinji asked as he sat up, reaching for his own clothing.
 
“It's time!” The crimson-eyed angel responded, hurrying into the bathroom.
 
“Damn it!” The third child cursed, dressing as quickly as he could.
 
“Time for what?” Asuka inquired, though she dressed as well since she could tell they were frantic about something.
 
Rei hurried back out of the bathroom, straightening her clothes as she responded. “The attack. We are in possession of the two most advanced and destructive weapons on the planet, namely the Evas. Now that the angels have been defeated, the UN and the committee that directly oversees NERV operations have deemed these weapons to be unsafe in our hands. They will kill us all, without mercy or exception. Our only choice is to defend ourselves.”
 
The second child groaned and slapped her forehead in exasperation. “Ach… wenn die Kacke am Dampfen ist… (Alas.. when the shit hits the fan…)” She muttered, watching as the blue-eyed boy rushed into the bathroom to take care of his own last minute business. “They must be insane. Even one of the Evas would be enough to defend us from whatever they throw at us.”
 
The blue-haired beauty shook her head. “The JSSDF and UN forces are not our concern. As you say, they are easily dealt with. However, they are also in possession of the Mass Production Eva series, which have been completed. They must be destroyed. Every last one of them.”
 
“Oh, wonderful. Do we know how many of them there are? Three? …Four?” Asuka inquired.
 
“Nine.” Rei replied.
 
“Nine. Nine?!” The second child repeated. She glared at Shinji as he came out of the bathroom. She remembered when he freaked out about her talking about fighting nine enemies not that long ago. “Hmph. Well, they're going against Asuka Langley Soryu. And you'll be backing me up, right Shinji-kun?”
 
The third child nodded. “Of course.”
 
The blue-haired girl stopped the second child before she went to use the bathroom. “One last thing… they all have S2 engines. They will reactivate unless you destroy those, just like an angel would. You must destroy their S2 engines. Remember that.”
 
“And yesterday was so great. Did it have to be followed by a shitty day like this?” Asuka grumbled before going into the bathroom as well. A few moments later, they were rushing out the door and to headquarters. “Stupid old men.” The German girl mumbled as they rode the train to NERV.
 
 
*************************
 
 
Maya Ibuki sipped some coffee as she contemplated her terminals which read that everything was normal. “Is today going to be another boring day? Staying on first level alert like this is making me queasy.” She commented, glancing over at Shigeru and Makoto.
 
“SEELE is bound to do something soon.” Lt. Aoba responded, leaning back in his chair, wishing he could get away with putting his feet up.
 
“Yes, lieutenant, I am sure they will.” The commanding voice of Vice-Commander Fuyutsuki said right above the man's head.
 
Shigeru straightened up immediately, feeling his heart racing. `Holy crap, I didn't even hear him come in!' He thought as he tried to look busy. “Yes sir.” He stated quickly, trying to cast a glare towards Captain Ibuki as she snickered at him without the professor noticing.
 
Suddenly an alert sounded and everyone was moving at once. “We are under attack!” A voice reported over the intercom.
 
“Status report?” Fuyutsuki asked, after giving out some orders.
 
“Data upload from external terminals. They're trying to hack into the MAGI!” Lt. Aoba reported.
 
“Hmph, just as we thought. Captain?” The former professor turned to watch the captain tapping away at keys.
 
A moment later she pulled a disk out of her pocket and inserted it into one of the drive bays. “Initiating counter-measures.” She paused for a few moments and then entered in a command. “Uploading virus. Hah! Take that!” She grinned and turned her head and immediately became professional again when she realized the deputy commander was looking at her. “The external communications are being terminated. Lt. Aoba?”
 
The man checked the updated readouts and nodded. “Confirmed. Five MAGI were working together but the virus is now shutting them down. The firewall is in place to prevent future attempts. The MAGI are safe.” Shigeru responded.
 
“External communications have been cut off for the next 62 hours, but even then the virus we prepared will keep the other MAGI systems down for longer than that. Several weeks, I'd estimate.” Maya added, a triumphant smile forming on her lips. `Damn I'm good.'
 
KÅzÅ nodded and straightened up, breathing a sigh of relief for the moment. “SEELE won't let it rest there. They'll launch an all out attack now since they won't be able to just walk in the front door.”
 
Misato rushed in, turning her phone off from which she had been briefed by Lt. Hyuga on her way to the command center. “The attack on the MAGI is already dealt with?”
 
“Yes. Our countermeasures were very effective.” Lt. Aoba informed her with a nod to Maya.
 
A few minutes later a new flood of signals were coming in. “Special forces are invading our defense perimeter! They're attacking!” Lt. Hyuga reported.
 
“All personnel go to Level One battle stations.” Commander Ikari ordered from the observation level.
 
`Geez, when did he get up there?!' Maya wondered, choking back her surprise. “Battle stations? But they're humans… not angels! We can't kill them!” She mumbled apprehensively.
 
“I wish they felt the same way.” Makoto mumbled back.
 
“Hostile forces have infiltrated the base!” Shigeru reported.
 
“What's the status of the pilots?” Major Katsuragi demanded, praying that they weren't in any danger. `God I hope they're not still screwing back at my apartment…'
 
“Pilots Ikari and Soryu are suited up and ready to board their entry plugs already.” Captain Ibuki reported, breathing a sigh of relief.
 
“Good, have them get ready and insert them into their Evas. Have Shinji stand by in Unit 01, and launch Asuka! Place her in the GeoFront. Where's Rei?” Misato asked, glancing back at Shigeru.
 
“Unable to locate her. The pilot of Unit 00 is missing!” Lt. Aoba replied.
 
“Damn it, if they find her, they'll kill her.” Misato hissed in frustration. “Find her, now!”
 
“Launching Unit 02.” Lt. Hyuga stated.
 
“Good. At least Shinji and Asuka are safe.” The major sighed. She didn't care for the idea of the quiet red-eyed girl being vulnerable, but she couldn't worry about that now.
 
“Fuyutsuki-sensei, handle the rest of this for me.” Gendo stated as he stood up.
 
“Yes commander. Give my regards to Yui-kun.” KÅzÅ replied. He glanced back as Commander Ikari left. `I wish there were another way, old friend.' He thought.
 
“Enemy forces are over-running the base!” Lt. Aoba cried.
 
“Seal off levels 1 through 3! Order a full retreat!” Major Katsuragi ordered. “Release Bakelite through all passages up through section 803!” The reports came in of the Bakelite release, making the major sigh in relief. “That should buy us some time.”
 
A few minutes later there was an explosion down on one of the lower decks and some soldiers burst through and opened fire. “Shit! Get down!” The major ordered, pulling out her sidearm as the others readied their own weapons. They ducked down under cover, grimacing as bullets ricocheted off the bulkheads.
 
They waited in tense silence as they heard the NERV security personnel fighting with the Special Forces below. “Damn, they're going all out, aren't they?” Makoto commented with a scowl on his lips.
 
“Yeah, I just hope they don't start using BC weapons.” Shigeru commented.
 
“Yeah… that or N2 mines.” Lt. Hyuga added.
 
A moment later, N2 mines detonated, exposing the GeoFront. Lt. Aoba glared over at the other man. “You just had to say something, didn't you?”
 
“Yeah, me and my big mouth.” Makoto grumbled.
 
 
*************************
 
 
“Rei… I knew I'd find you here.” Gendo stated, approaching the first child in the former Dummy Plug room. After she turned to look at him, he spoke again. “It's time. We're going to Lilith.”
 
 
*************************
 
 
Asuka grimaced as enemy fire hit her Eva. “They spotted me. Activating AT field.” She stated calmly. She stared down at the soldiers in disgust. “Hmph. Die Schweine. (Pigs)” She muttered. “Do I have a green light to counter-attack?”
 
“Affirmative, Pilot Soryu. Use any and all means necessary to defend yourself.” Misato replied over the communicator. “Asuka-chan? Kick their asses.”
 
“Roger that.” The second child grinned, rushing Unit 02 forward while pushing out with her AT field, crushing the tanks at her feet as if they were nothing. “You're fighting Asuka the Great, ihr Scheißkerle! (you shitheads!)” She cried, slapping away attack fighters and throwing them into other units. “You think you're fighting some scared little brat?!”
 
She ran into the lake and tore through the attack carrier there and hurled a large chunk of it into the artillery units stationed on the road that were vainly firing at her. “Diese hirnlosen Trottel! (Brainless morons!)” She laughed as she demolished everything in her path, even shrugging off the missiles they hit her with. “You'll have to do a lot better than that!” She cried defiantly. A moment later, they blasted off the umbilical cable supplying Unit 02 with power. “Scheiße! No matter, you'll all be dead in under a minute anyway!” She announced, staying true to her word. “Shinji-kun, it looks like you get to stay safe and sound down there.”
 
“Uh… that's a good thing, Asuka-chan… because Bakalite fell on my Eva. I'm kind of stuck.” The third child responded nervously. `Shit… how am I going to get extracted? Wait… she hasn't defeated the…'
 
The German pilot looked up apprehensively as she saw nine white shapes flying down towards her. “Ach du Scheiße! (Basically `bloody hell!') Incoming Evas, dead ahead!”
 
The third child's eyes widened in fear. `Not again!' He swore internally as he vainly tried to get his Eva to move. “Damn it! Get this crap off me!” He cried out in frustration.
 
The red-haired spitfire ran towards the closest MP Eva as soon as it touched ground, knowing she was on a tight time table. “Nine Evas in three and a half minutes, ja? That's 20 seconds each with time to spare. Das ist ja das reinste Kinderspiel. (That's mere child's play.)” She asserted with a confident smile, slamming Unit 02's fist through the chest of the first MP Eva before it had even finished pulling its wings in. She grimaced in concentration as her hand found the S2 engine in its chest cavity and crushed it, quickly flinging the creature into the next closest one to slow it down. “Eat that!”
 
She started running towards the next one, pulling her prog-knife out. “Aaaaah!!!” She cried as she sliced its arm off, stumbling a bit as it lost its balance and crashed into her. “Scheiße!” She spat out, rolling on the ground. She got up as quickly as she could and attacked it again, but before she could stab into its chest, one of the other MP Evas was approaching with an oversized and ungainly looking weapon. “Fuck, they're persistant! Shinji-kun, get your ass out here, god damn it!”
 
“I can't! I'm stuck!” Shinji cried, watching a video feed of the girl's battle with trepidation.
 
“Useless boy.” Asuka spat out, grabbing of the bladed weapons for herself to block the other Eva's attacks. “What brainchild designed this stupid weapon?!” She cried, fighting for her balance more than anything else with it, managing to cut the leg out from under the creature as she fell on her ass. “Fuck me!” She yelled, barely avoiding getting her head sliced in half by another one attacking.
 
“They're swarming me like vultures!” The German girl growled, backing up nervously as several of the Evas approached her, seeming to grin at her with their vaguely fish-like faces. “It must have been the Japanese that came up with the design of these fuckers… fish-obsessed freaks.” She hissed. “DIE!” She launched an all-out assault on the closest MP Eva with the bladed weapon, chopping into its head and turning towards the next one. “No time to finish them off until I thin them out a bit.” She muttered, glancing at her battery power remaining and swearing. “I'm running out of time!”
 
“Asuka, behind you!” Misato yelled over the comm. screen.
 
“Pig-fucker!” The second child shouted, barely ducking to avoid a decapitation. “Shinji! I swear if you don't find a way out of that mess you're in and get out here to help me, I'm going to kill you myself!” She pulled her prog-knife out again and threw it at one of the MP Evas, nailing it directly in the core. “Whoa, it worked!” She gasped before snapping out of her amazement to put some distance between herself and the detonating Eva unit.
 
“Not that it's likely to do my any good, but there wouldn't happen to be another umbilical cable lying around somewhere close by, would there?” Asuka inquired, slicing the legs out from another one of the MP Evas as the weapon was deflected by yet another one. “This is getting ridiculous!”
 
“Asuka! Retreat, you're time is almost up!” Major Katsuragi ordered, growing worried as she saw the battery power counting down.
 
The German girl growled, eyeing the rest of the MP Evas that surrounded her, a battle strategy forming in her mind. “You little fucks think you can best me?! You don't know who you're dealing with! I'm Asuka Langley Soryu! Ich werde nicht erbärmlich verrecken! (I will not die!)” She screamed, jumping onto the closest Eva and crushing its skull. She grabbed its weapon and hurled it at another Eva, slicing it in half. She reached up instinctively for her prog-knife and swore loudly when she remembered that she had already lost it. “Mother fucking, fuck fuckers!” She screamed in outrage, scrambling towards the closest fallen weapon as two MP Evas grabbed at her.
 
“Not in your wildest dreams, Arschlöcher! (assholes!)” The second child screamed, turning over and punching into the chest armor of one of them. She grimaced in pain as she felt the armor in her Eva's hand cracked and shred, but she had bought herself an opening and so she leapt backwards and pulled up the oversized blade. She rushed forward as quickly as she could and sliced down the remaining Evas as she gasped for breath. She looked at her battery readout and swore when she saw she only had fourteen seconds left. She quickly stabbed two of the units through their cores and looked around for the next closest one, but she knew she wouldn't make it. “Son of a whore.” She hissed in frustration.
 
Her eyes widened in surprise as she spun around, sensing an impending impact. Her hand shot up to block the oversized blade with her AT field, where it seemed to hover for a moment before shifting its shape into that of a replication of the Lance of Longinus. Her eyes widened to their full aperture as she beheld the weapon tearing through her AT field and approaching her head. “Scheiiiiiiiiiße!” Asuka cried out, which turned into a howl of pain when the Lance tore through her Eva's head just as she lost power completely. “AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Fucking fuck… O Gott!!!” She screamed in agony, clutching at her eye as it felt like it had split in two, which given the neural connection still in place, was very possible.
 
ASUKA!!!” Shinji screamed in horror, frantically working the hand controls as he willed Unit 01 to do something. The Evas eyes lit up and the arms lifted out of the Bakalite, shattering it as wings of energy shot out of its back. Without even taking a moment to be surprised, he took to the air with the single-minded determination to save his friend's life. “ASUKA! I'm coming! Please hold on! Please be ok!” He cried.
 
Inside her entry plug, Asuka reached up towards the five remaining MP Evas that were circling over her head, each carrying an artificial Lance of Longinus. “Kill you… fucking… kill you… I'll… kill you…” She hissed, feeling her Eva starting to come to life, despite its lack of power.
 
“Oh god, no! Unit 02… is berserking! Asuka!” Maya cried, looking up at the readouts in horror.
 
“No! Asuka! Stop! Just stop! Shinji will be there soon!” Misato screamed, feeling tears trickle out of her eyes as she watched in horror.
 
“Kill you… kill you all… can't stop… Asuka… the… grAHHHHH!” Asuka screamed in pain as multiple Lances impaled her Eva.
 
ASUKA!!!! NO!!!!!” Shinji screamed as he hurtled towards the remaining MP Evas as they swooped down like vultures towards the fallen Eva Unit 02.
 
To be contined…
 
 
*************************
 
 
Geez… it's really hard to write when you have tears streaming out of your eyes because you're getting so emotional about what's happening in the scene… sigh. Next chapter: Third Impact, part 2.