Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ Only In Your Eyes Am I Worthy ❯ Interludes: Part 1 - The Red Haired Demon Bitch from Hell ( Chapter 12 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Evangelion: Only In Your Eyes Am I Worthy

Author's Note: Bah… with all the times I said "Es geht mir gut, und Sie?" while in Germany, I still frelled up that line. I'll blame it on the little to no sleep I've been getting recently. Heh Well I went back over the story and re-read and proofread all the chapters. Fixed all the grammar errors I found and a plot inconsistency or two, such as Rei's mysterious femur fracture that healed completely in less than an hour… haha So changed the femur fracture for a concussion which made more sense. I think I got all the errors, but who knows? Hmm I've noticed at least one person, perhaps several make references to the 15th and 16th angels as being a future occurrence in this story. I'm guessing that person(s) did not read the first chapter… haha. The story started right as the 16th angel was invading Rei. Go back and read it, silly person(s). Teehee. As for this chapter, it takes place in the past, between the events of the 6th angel, where the story initially split off and covering some of the events up to chapter 1. There will likely be one or two more interludes later on as the story requires them. But this is the first. Teehee. And so it begins.

Required Disclaimer: No own. No money. No conscience. And no jelly donuts! Enjoy and ponder on the glory of GAINAX!

Chapter 12: Interludes: Part 1 - The Red Haired Demon Bitch from Hell

"Amazing how in sync they are." Lt. Ibuki murmured. She coughed and reported more loudly, "Pilot Ikari's sync ratio.. 59%. Pilot Ayanami's… 59%. Even their heart rates are exactly the same."

"Angel destruction confirmed." Makoto reported.

"I could have done that too." Asuka grumbled. She frowned at herself. "Get into my plugsuit and into this nasty LCL for nothing."

"You were on standby, Pilot Soryu. That is hardly nothing." Misato chided her from the control room. She gave the order for the girl to be extracted and went about the normal post-angel attack business.

The German girl grumbled to herself as she walked into the women's locker room and stripped off her plugsuit and tossed it into the wash bin. She stepped into the shower and washed the LCL fluid off her and especially out of her hair. Just as she was rinsing the shampoo out of her hair she heard the door open and quiet footsteps in the locker area. <Must be Wonder Girl.>

Rei appeared a moment later and walked up beside the other pilot and turned on the spray. She didn't even acknowledge Unit 02's pilot.

"Guten tag." Asuka greeted. <We have to be pilots together, we can at least be civil.>

The blue-haired girl glanced over at her with a sideways glance. She didn't respond right away, but after wetting her hair down she finally replied in a monotone voice, "Tag."

"Wie geht's?" The red-haired pilot inquired, persisting in a false sweet tone. The first child scrubbed her skin clean and remained silent. Asuka growled softly and stepped in front of her and leaned forward until their noses were a centimeter from touching. "I asked you a question, kleines Mädchen [little girl]. It is polite to respond."

"What is the purpose of asking me how I am if you can clearly see I am healthy? I do not think you truly wish to know the answer to that question, regardless." Unit 00's pilot stated matter-of-factly.

"But it is polite." The second child reiterated.

"It is also polite not to place one's face so closely in front of another's without permission. The only purpose for such an act is either to inspect me for medical reasons or to kiss me. Which is it, Pilot Soryu?" Rei asked with a slightly upraised eyebrow. It was a challenging question, despite the lack of change in her tone.

Asuka scowled. She suddenly grabbed the first child and pressed their lips together and held her tightly. She expected the other girl to either squirm and shove her away or even possibly to respond, but instead she remained passive and did not move. The German girl backed away with a frown and watched as the other pilot began to wash her hair. "That's what you get for challenging me, Wonder Girl." She proclaimed.

"Indeed." Rei stated, seemingly ignoring that the other girl had just kissed her.

The red-haired pilot scowled and stepped back into her own shower spray and rubbed conditioner into her hair. <She didn't even react. What's her deal?> "So how did you like living with Shinji-kun? Did you two get along well?"

"We accomplished our mission." The first child responded as she applied conditioner to her own hair. After she was done she sniffed at her arm and picked up the sponge again and washed again.

"Do you have some sort of problem with me, Ayanami? Have I offended you in some manner?" Asuka demanded.

The other girl looked over at her with her crimson-hued eyes for several moments before responding. "It would not matter if you had, Soryu. But you have not offended me in any manner."

The German girl frowned as she rinsed out her hair and ran her fingers through the long red strands. "Then why do you talk down to me like I'm a piece of Scheiße on the bottom of your shoe? I'm sick of it."

Rei rinsed the suds off her skin. "I do not believe I treat you any differently than anyone else, Soryu. If I am ordered to treat you differently, than I shall."

The second child stuck her face into the other girl's again and was frustrated when again she was not intimidated. "And if I ask you to treat me with more respect?"

The red-eyed girl raised an eyebrow. "Am I to assume that you are expressing your interest in me, Soryu?"

Asuka's eyes widened in offense. She shoved the blue-haired girl back against the shower wall and considered slapping her. "Baka!" She shouted. Without another word she left. She glanced back and was even angrier to see that the first child had resumed washing as if nothing had happened. <Damn her, she makes me so angry! Why can't she just act like a normal person for once?>

She went home to her apartment and frowned at it. It was filthy, with empty instant meal containers and soda cans strewn around, but she didn't feel like cleaning. She didn't ever really feel like cleaning. She opened up her refrigerator and sighed, finding nothing but a milk container that had barely a few drops in it. She slammed the door shut and grumbled under her breath. She looked around a few minutes longer than grabbed the phone and dialed up Kaji. "Hai? Moshi moshi." She heard from the sleepy sounding man.

"Kaji-san! I was thinking, wouldn't you like to cook me dinner tonight?" She asked in her sweetest voice.

"Uh… what time is it?" She heard some deep breathing then a grunt from Ryoji then his voice came back. "I'm not really in the mood to cook. Why don't you cook me dinner for a change?"

She could hear the teasing tone in his voice and she was caught between the desire to growl and smile. "Let's go out then. A restaurant! You never take me anywhere." The second child complained.

There was silence for several long moments, so much so that Asuka nearly hung up and redialed the man. Just as her finger was reaching for the hang up button, the spy spoke again. "I guess it couldn't hurt. Dress up in something nice. I'll be over in a bit."

The red-haired girl grinned and hung up and went to scour through her clothes, tossing most aside as they didn't meet her high standards. She was grumbling about her idiotic taste in clothes before she pulled out a red cocktail dress that was quite flattering to her cleavage and legs, so of course, it was perfect. She was just putting on her panties when the door buzzed. "Argh! That man!" She cried out. She peeked out the door and saw that it was indeed Kaji. She unlatched the door and yelled out "Gimme a minute then come in! I'm not dressed!"

Only hearing the come in, he did just that as she was scurrying towards the bathroom carrying her dress. "Whoa. Nice outfit, Asuka-chan, but I think you should dress a bit more formally. Not that I'm complaining too much." He grinned at her.

She flashed him a smile but he had already turned away. <Mixed signals! So frustrating…> Unit 02's pilot dressed quickly and was ready to go. She kept smiling at the older man as they walked, but he seemed oblivious, which was annoying her. Soon they were in a nice (though just shy of fancy) restaurant. Which was likely a good thing since Kaji hadn't shaved, his suit looked a bit disheveled, and his hair was messed up. But the German girl couldn't help but smile at him anyway. She spent the entire night complaining about Rei, insulting Shinji, flirting with Kaji, and making comments about how lonely she was and coyly bringing up the subject of moving in with the man.

"Didn't Misato-san offer you a room in her apartment? You wouldn't be so lonely then." Ryoji suggested, oblivious to her interest expressed in moving in with him.

"Or I could just move in with you…" She stated boldly, smiling at him in what she hoped was a seductive manner.

"Yeah I'm pretty sure Misato-san has said she had an extra room for you and wouldn't mind you staying there." Kaji went on to say, ignoring the girl's statement.

The red-haired girl sighed and ran her finger along the rim of her drink and stared off into space. <He's so dense. He doesn't listen to me. What's his problem?>

"I'm ready to go. We should do this again sometime. Will you be all right going home on your own? I have business to take care of." The spy stated, stretching then patting his stuffed belly.

"Ist in Ordnung. [It is alright.]" The pilot stated in a dismissive tone. <Like I have a choice.> With that, he was gone. <At least he didn't stick me with the bill.> The girl sighed and walked home, feeling like a dark cloud was following her and raining down on her. She stepped into her apartment and had taken several steps inside when a noise startled her. She looked up and saw two men wearing masks staring at her and holding her television and microwave. "AAAH!" Asuka screamed. "Get the hell out! That's my stuff, you baka shits!"

The one holding the microwave threw it at her suddenly. It crashed into her stomach and knocked her to the floor, giving them the chance to run past her and outside. As the German girl was recovering, they suddenly came back inside. "We were talking, and we decided we want the rest of your stuff too."

The pilot growled and clenched her fists defiantly. "Over my dead body! Get the fuck out!"

The bigger of the men advanced towards her and backhanded her with enough force to knock her off her feet and backwards. She crashed into her table and hit her head on the leg. With a groan, she remained still. What might have been minutes or hours later, she awoke to find everything in her apartment gone. Even her clothes. Asuka sobbed, despite her best efforts not to, and looked around the apartment. She stopped in the bathroom and looked at herself in the mirror, finding a large bruise on her cheek and a bump on the back of her head. Hesitantly she lifted up her dress and was relieved to see no bruising between her legs, and with no soreness she had to assume they only took her material possessions. "Arschloche!" She screamed towards the semi-open door. She slumped down and hugged her knees to herself.

She stayed that way for over half an hour, then stood up. <There's no alternative now. I have to live with Katsuragi-shousa. There's nothing for me here now.> She sighed and left, walking down the night street. It took over twenty minutes, but she finally arrived at the major's apartment and knocked. The door opened a few moments later and Shinji peered out at her. "Oh… ah konichiwa, Soryu-san." The third child greeted in a nervous voice.

"Tag. Is Ayanami still here?" She asked with a slight hesitation in her voice.

"Iie. She went back to her apartment after the angel was dead." The dark-haired boy replied, barely concealing the regret in his tone.

"Well, you're in luck then, baka! You have a new roommate." She pushed past him and called out "I'm home!"

Shinji scratched the back of his head nervously and shut the door. Little did either of them know that Gendo had arranged the break-in, knowing the second child would likely move in with Misato and Shinji.

*****************************

"I don't know what you're complaining about, baka! My plan worked flawlessly. The angel is dead." Asuka glared at the third child, daring him to defy her.

Shinji shrugged. "Gomen. I know, but you don't have to rub our noses in it. If it weren't for Ayanami, we wouldn't have even gotten to NERV. You didn't even know the way!"

The German girl's face grew nearly as red as her hair and steam almost literally sprayed from her ears. "Wonder Girl practically lives in NERV! Of course she knows it so well! I am a pilot. It should not have been necessary for me to know every walkway and tunnel in headquarters. And would you quit moaning out praise of the All-mighty Doll?! You disgust me!"

Shinji slouched down and frowned, but chose not to comment further. "Do you wanna do anything tonight to wind down?" He asked, changing the subject.

"Like what?" The second child asked, narrowing her eyes suspiciously.

The dark-haired boy sighed and shrugged. "Watch a movie? Go out to dinner? Play cards?" <Screw around…>

Asuka raised an eyebrow. <I'm surprised he didn't say screw around.> "Cards, movie, whatever. I don't feel like going out." She glanced to her right and saw Pen-Pen waddling towards them. He squawked and looked at the television, making his desires known. "Pen says a movie sounds good."

Misato strolled out of her room, buttoning up the last few buttons up the top of her fancy blouse and grinned when she saw Shinji's eyes bug out of their sockets. "I'm meeting Akagi-dono for dinner and maybe some dancing. You kids will be all right on your own, I trust?" She winked flirtatiously at the third child and giggled to herself when he blushed.

"Hai, Misato-san." Shinji responded. Asuka simply shrugged.

The purple-tressed beauty beamed a smile at them and waved as she left. "Ja ne!" She called.

"I get the remote!" The second child proclaimed, suddenly leaping towards the television and snatching up said controller.

"Hey! No fair!" Unit 01's pilot shouted, jumping for the controller as well but the girl had already picked a station and sat down on the device. The boy nervously started reaching for it anyway but paused, reconsidering the consequences of the action.

"Grab for it and you shall surely suffer my wrath." The red-haired pilot proclaimed ominously.

The third child sighed then glanced over at the phone. "I'll be right there. I need to make a call." Moments later, after dialing, Asuka heard him greet Ayanami and attempt what seemed to be a one-sided conversation.

"Hmph. What reason could he possibly have to talk to that doll? The only phrase she even knows is 'I will do as I am ordered.' Little bitch." The second child sighed and picked up the controller again and started flipping. Pen-Pen squawked and glared at her. "Bah, fine. I'll change it back." She sighed and tapped her foot against the floor rhythmically, listening more to the third child's voice than the movie on the television. She glanced back and glared at the boy when she heard him say something about wearing something, then something about swimming. "You're missing the movie, Shinji no baka!" She called.

"I'll be right there!" He called. Despite that promise, he was on the phone for nearly twenty more minutes. When he finally sat down, he had a goofy smile on his face. "What'd I miss?"

"Pretty much everything, baka! It's not worth recapping." She glared at him for a few moments then suddenly put her feet up on his lap. "Rub my feet, baka. They're sore."

At first the other pilot tried to push her feet away and complain then he paused and started massaging her foot without further complaint. Asuka ignored him, watching the movie as it became more suspenseful. She didn't even realize that the boy was staring at her panties which he could see up the leg of her shorts. She simply thought he was giving in to her demands.

"He's so cute." The German girl announced out of the blue, indicating the actor on the screen.

Shinji glanced at the screen. <Looks like a typical pretty boy actor to me.> "The girl he's kissing looks like a whore." He muttered. She was wearing trashy cheap looking clothing, lots of make up, oversized earrings, the works. Indeed she looked more like a streetwalker than the respectable wife of the drama star that the girl was drooling over.

"Watch it, baka! That's my cousin you're insulting!" She proclaimed with a growl.

"Nani!? Gomen nasai! I did not mean to offend…" The boy was nearly in tears, sputtering out apologies nearly every other word.

"Baka, I'm joking! You are so easy to tease. You should make it harder or I will lose interest in you." She flashed him a flirtatious grin then pulled her feet from his grasp and brought them closer to her body, sitting almost sideways that way.

The third child quickly lost interest in looking at her since all he could really see now were her legs, which were folded up, and started paying attention to the movie again. It was nearly pointless, however, since it was a drama and only had about a half hour remaining, and he had no idea what was going on.

"So what are you doing with Wonder Girl?" Asuka asked in feigned interest.

"…………. Nothing really. Just going to study with her a bit." Shinji lied, quite obviously.

"Sure… whatever." The German girl sighed and scratched Pen-Pen's head, as the penguin was stretched out on the arm of the sofa. She stared off into space and wondered if her life would ever get more interesting.

************************

Asuka screamed in agony and clutched her head in her hands, feeling as if her brain was being torn away in layers. She reached upwards, but it was no use. She went into convulsions and slumped backwards, no longer able to move as her mind was picked apart by the fifteenth angel, Ariel. She twitched occasionally, but otherwise she was overloaded with memories and thoughts. Just as she was reaching her breaking point, when she just knew her brain would fry and drip out of her ears, the assault suddenly stopped. She heard something about a lance and it quickly grew apparent that Rei had saved her life. <Fucking Wonder Girl… how dare she!> She glared at the blue cyclops as her Eva until her entry plug was ejected.

She was ordered to the infirmary, but she insisted on showering first. Her hair was plastered down by the bloodlike LCL fluid and smelled horrible, and soon would gag her. She stripped off her plugsuit and slammed it into the wash bin, seeing Ayanami's already resting there. She kicked her locker and growled, still shaking from the psychic assault. She walked into the shower room and glared at the other pilot for a few moments before moving to stand beside her and wash the fluid off. She looked over and wasn't surprised to see the girl ignoring her. "Don't expect a thank you from me. I didn't ask you to save me." The second child declared.

"Of course." Rei agreed, rinsing shampoo out of her hair.

"You disgust me, you fucking little bitch." The German girl stated in a grave tone. She expected a response but received none. With a growl, the red-haired girl grabbed the first child around the throat and slammed her back against the shower wall and began to strangle her. "YOU FUCKING DOLL! Respond to me when I fucking talk to you! You think you're so fucking special!? I'll kill you, you little bitch!"

Rei calmly pinched a nerve in the other girl's arm and shoved her away. "I have not been ordered to allow you to touch me in that manner, Soryu."

The fiery-tempered girl slapped the blue-haired pilot across the face as hard as she could, grimacing as her hand seemed to be more hurt than the other girl. "I just tried to strangle you and that's all you have to say? You are not worthy to have saved my life, little whore. Don't do me any favors next time." With that she left. A glance back revealed the first child applying conditioner to her fine blue locks as if nothing had happened. Asuka dressed quickly and left before the other girl finished her shower and hurried down the hall. She entered the first wash room she found and slumped back against the wall and sobbed. <I said I'd never cry again. I have no resolve.> She didn't move for over an hour, whereupon she went home rather than letting the doctors examine her. She had enough of her mind being tampered with, she would stand for no more. She shivered under her covers that night, despite the oppressive heat, and dreamed of dolls hanging from ropes.

*************************

And thus the end of another chapter. ;) Hope it was enjoyable. Likely I'll include a bit more of events concerning our favorite fiery-tempered auburn-tressed pilot in a future interlude, but for now, this is sufficient. Remember that stuff I said would be in this chapter? Well, it'll be in the next chapter. Haha. It was time for an interlude, so I had to put it. Each interlude in the future will focus on one specific character and it will always occur in the "past" of the primary story. So if you see a chapter entitled Interludes - (something or other), you know what to expect. Oh and someone mentioned that Kaji was a spy for the Japanese government and not SEELE. Well, technically he was a triple agent. He was a spy for the Japanese government, yes, but he was also a spy for SEELE (he brought Fuyutsuki to them for questioning, after all) as well as NERV (he brought them Adam's embryo, after all). Basically he was into everything. Heh And you are saying "Misato wasn't the one who killed him" well, for one, you seem to forget this is an alternate universe fic. Things aren't happening exactly the same way. Two, you assume he is dead. Whether he is or not, I haven't said yet. Anyway… next chapter: Kaoru, as promised. I really really mean it this time. He's threatening me with breach of contract so I have to appease him. You know how these things go. Also, Rei and Shinji in some tense moments, Maya and Ritsuko in some less tense moments, and likely a cameo from Fuyutsuki if I can reach his agent. Sucker won't return my calls… Bye for now!