Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ So Happy Together ❯ chapter 9 ( Chapter 8 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
So Happy Together



For the next four months that's how it was. Most of the time, Rei would work in the afternoons and all night on a secret project. They would see each other at school, but they rarely talked to each other. Shinji stayed around his group of friends. Asuka always made sure she was around Shinji in hopes to win him back. She felt like there was hope because he and Rei had been living alone with each other for almost five months and they were not dating. From the way it looked in school, it seemed like they didn't know each other any more than they did when he moved in with her. As usual Rei stayed by herself.

Shinji wanted to hang out with Rei in school, but she said it was better for Asuka if they didn't get too familiar in front of her. Rei said she feared that the second child might do something rash and pay the ultimate cost for it. He wasn't sure what she meant by that, but he trusted her judgment. He also felt like she was using that as an excuse to get some alone time; he knew how over-worked she was. He also knew that she had no time to herself since he moved in with her. And that no matter how tired she was, she always went out of her way to spend time with him and do something with him if they happen to be together in the apartment. Mostly they went for walks and talked.

They talked about anything and everything. They truly enjoyed being around each other. They understood each other, and each other's dry humor. Unbeknownst to everyone, Rei and Shinji were each other's best friend. And unknown to each other, they both wanted to be more than friends but both were too afraid to make the first move. And as each day passed and their friendship and their feelings became stronger and stronger. Thus creating a more intense fear to change the relationship because neither knew how the other felt and they didn't want to ruin what they established thus far. So both were forcing themselves to keep the relationship platonic because they desperately wanted a romantic relationship.

It wasn't until Rei was gone for two weeks did the winds of change blow on their relationship...

Shinji, Kensuke and Touji were walking through town hanging out when they decided to go into an anime shop. Shinji walked to the left side of the store to look at the new Akira action figures. That was his favorite, all time, movie. When ever he came into this store, he would always look at these figures but never bought them. They were too expensive.

"Just buy them Shin-man." Aida said from behind. "I know you can afford it."

He was right, he could, but then he'd be broke until the next payday. "No.. I don't need them."

"It's not about need. It's about want." Kensuke took a better look at them. "And anyone with eyes could tell you want these. They're awesome." He was a big fan of the movie too.

Shinji pressed his face on the glass and looked longingly at them. "Maybe you're right."

"Maybe? I know I'm right!" Aida went to get a store clerk for his friend.

Shinji was actually feeling good about the upcoming purchase. He went to tell Touji that after a year of wanting them, he finally was going to buy them. He tapped his friend on the shoulder.

Touji turned around. His face was completely flushed. "Yeah, wussup?"

Shinji glanced at the comic in his friend's hand. It was a hentai doujinshi. He blushed too, shook his head and started to walk away to find Kensuke.

"Wait Shinji." Touji called out. "I want to show you something!"

Shinji stopped in his tracks. He knew that he shouldn't even bother looking. That's why he started walking away in the first place. He lived in a one roomed apartment with the most beautiful girl he had ever seen in his entire life, who slept in practically nothing and who he was head over heals in love with. He definitely didn't need to look at a hentai comic to put his already active hormones into hyper drive. But then again...

He turned around and walked to his friend. "What do you want to show me?"

He handed him a comic. "Take a look at this."

Shinji took the doujinshi and was about to look at it when Touji said "The girl in it looks like Ayanami. She even has the blue hair and red eyes and everything!"

Shinji went totally stiff as he looked at the cover of that very hentai doujinshi. Totally stiff ^_~. She did resemble his beloved Rei-chan. Of course she wasn't as beautiful as Rei, but the hair color and the eye color was enough make him overlook all the other facial differences. He started to flip through it.

<ohh mmmmyyyy> He quickly shut it and raked his fingers through his brown hair as he took deep breaths. He knew that he should just put the comic back on the shelf and forget about it. He glanced at the girl on the cover again and..... sighed heavily as he shifted his hips to make room in his pants. <just put it back... you don't need the temptation Shinji...> He flipped through the doujinshi again, then he quickly closed it again.

Touji was laughing at his friend. He knew that the third child was doing as best he could to suppress his hentai side. Too bad he was failing miserably.

Shinji knew what Touji was laughing at and rolled his eyes at his friend and walked to the pay counter,... with the comic it tow.

Touji laughed louder

~~~~~~~~~~~

When Shinji got to his apartment building with his items safely protected in the paper bag in his arms, he was surprised to smell the aroma of a wonderful meal being cooked. <She's BACK!!> A big smile spread across his face as he ran to his apartment. After he quickly opened the door, the first thing he saw was a smiling Rei waiting for him on the step of the entry way. She had a spatula in her hand and was adorned in his apron.

"I cooked dinner." she announced in a calm sing song voice.

He smiled because he knew that she only spoke like that around him. "It smells great!"

She bowed and walked toward the kitchen. She took a silent deep breath. She had ran from the kitchen to the door when she heard him come home. She missed him so much; she physically had to stop herself from glomping him was he walked through the door.

Shinji followed her into the kitchen. <Rei-chan I've missed you much! you have no idea how close I was to hugging you and giving you a big wet kiss>

Under the apron, Rei was dressed in a pair of white shorts and a blue short sleeved T-shirt. And like always in the apartment she was barefoot.

The third pilot couldn't help but admire her perfect figure in her choice of attire. He loved seeing her dressed in regular clothes. Even though she often dressed that way, it still takes him by surprise when he sees her. As Shinji's gaze reluctantly left his roommate, he walked into the kitchen. He was frozen in place, his eyes almost fell out of their sockets when he noticed the room. The kitchen was a disaster!!!

"Umm Rei-chan..."

She spun around. Her sweet smile even shone in her beautiful crimson eyes. "Yes?"

She looked so happy, and this was her first time cooking for him, he couldn't make her feel bad about the mess by commenting on it. So instead he said "What did you cook? It smells wonderful." It really did.

"Tempura, yakitori, sushi, rice and a salad." She walked over the mess on the floor like it wasn't there and started fixing his plate. "Sit, Shinji."

He obeyed as he tried not to sigh too loudly because of the mess. When she brought his plate to him he was truly surprise. It was prepared like it came from a four star restaurant.

"Wow!!! I didn't know you could cook, Rei-chan!"

She sat across from him at the table. "I learned while I was away."

In awe, he looked at her. "Is that why you were gone?"

She shook her head. That info was classified. "I was granted one day to do something of my choice. I chose to learn how to cook."

He looked back as his plate and picked up some tempura shrimp and ate it. "Oh wow Rei-chan... this is sooo good!!"

She smiled warmly at him. "I am glad you approve."

He nodded vigorously and stuffed his face.

She giggled at the sight. He was eating as if he was afraid that the food was going to run off his plate. When he almost completely cleaned his plate she grabbed it and walked to the other side of the tiny kitchen.

Shinji started to whimper. "I wasn't done yet!"

She ignored his pleas and prepared him another plate.

"Oh thanks... but how did you know I wanted more?"

After she set the plate before him, she playfully put her finger on her chin. "Hmm let me think..." She started to giggle "maybe it was when you used your finger to sop up the yakitori sauce. Or maybe it was when you rested your chin on the edge of your plate as you shoveled your food in your mouth."

He blushed in embarrassment "It's just I've never tasted food so good in my life..." He started to stuff his face again. "And you learned how to do this in just one day?"

She nodded. "But that was the easy part. Most of the day a leaned the art of entertaining as I cooked."

He quirked a brow.

She got up and demonstrated her chopping techniques as she threw the knifes in the air and caught them with ease.

"Wow!!" he exclaimed with a mouthful of food.

She bowed and sat across from him again.

"Rei-chan you're amazing! I bet you can do anything you put your mind to!"

<if that's true why can't I find the courage to tell you I love you> "Perhaps" she said humbly.

"And you learned how to do all this in one day too." He looked around the messy kitchen, he was no longer upset by its mess, he was completely amazed by her new talent.

"Yes, well it was a long 24hrs. I got injured a lot learning how to perfect my technique." Her voice was calm and collected. "My sensei even quit on me. He said I was masochistic ."

With a mouthful of food he asked quizzically. "Why did he say that?"

"Because I wouldn't quit after I would hurt myself."

He swallowed his food. "How bad did you hurt yourself?"

She smiled. "Do you remember the first time we met?"

He eyes tripled.

She leaned over the table and pointed to her eyebrow. "If you look real close you can still see were I missed the knife and it cut my face and eye." She sat back down in her seat. "That was when my sensei quit. He said he could no longer stand by and watch me torture myself." Her voice was still calm and nonchalant.

Shinji felt his stomach turn. He couldn't see the scar, but he knew that she was badly injured. Since she was now 100% angel, her wounds healed very quickly.

"Rei-chan why didn't you stop?" Shinji was distressed.

"Because I wanted to learn how to cook... for you.."

That's when he noticed that she did not have a plate in front of her. "Aren't you going to eat?"

She shook her head no. "I already ate on the jet."

Shinji blinked. He had never even been on a plane and she mentioned being on a private jet as if it were no big deal.

She continued with her story. "The commander was very upset with my sensei for quitting on me, that was until he saw me for himself, then he was angry at me."

Shinji looked at her with sympathy . He knew how important it was for her to stay in good favor with his father. "Are you ok?'

She nodded. "He wasn't mad too long, but he did make me quit practicing."

<I'm glad> Shinji ate the rest of his food as Rei watched him.

Shinji ate one more plate full before he felt like he was going to burst. They actually ended up cleaning the kitchen together. It felt perfect to be together again. They both thought so, but neither said it. After they finished up, they walked into the bedroom.

"What did you buy?" Rei asked and pointed to the bag with the anime logo on it ,as she sat on her bed.

He turned to the bag that was still in the kitchen under the table. "Oh, it's just some stuff I bought at the anime shop!" He rushed to get it and set the bag on her bed beside her. He pulled out the three figures that he bought. He didn't buy them all because he didn't want to be completely broke until payday.

"They are very nice, Shinji." She picked up the character on a red motorcycle. "What do you do with them?"

He looked at her, then around the tiny room. "I going to put them on the shelf by the stereo."

She nodded then got up to place it on the shelf.

A while back they had hung shelves on the walls to place Shinji's stuff. It looked nice. Some of the shelves had books on it. Some had his cd collection and video tape collection. Others just had knick knacks. All in all, it made the apartment look homey.

She placed it by the stereo. "Will that be suitable?"

He nodded and placed one of the others on the other side and the last one... He looked around the room.. on top of the tv/vcr .

"Perfect" he said pleased with their choice of locations.

Rei walked back to the bag and started reaching in it. "What else do you have in here?"

<oh no! I forgot all about the doujinshi!!!> Shinji ran to the bag on her bed, and closed a death grip around the opening of the bag and around her arm (which was in the bag).

"Umm... nothing's in there!" he answered sheepishly. He didn't want her to see the doujinshi with the lusty girl with similar facial features to hers. He didn't want her to think that he was a pervert. Which he was, but he didn't want her to know he was one.

"I can feel a magazine, Shinji." she answered innocently and grabbed it with her hand. "I have it in my hand."

Shinji's insides turned to ice. Now she was going to find out he lusted after her. He wanted to run, he wanted to hide.... he... he ...just stared guiltily into her crimson eyes as his hands refused to release her arm so she could pull it out of the bag.

She quirked an eyebrow and waited for him to release her. She had no idea why he was acting so weird.

He didn't release her.

She waited.

He didn't release her.

She waited some more.

He didn't release her.

"Shinji.. is something wrong?"

He nodded but he didn't release her.

She titled her head to the side. "Do you want to talk about it?"

He nodded and still didn't release her .

She released the doujinshi and tried to pull her arm out.

He felt the comic fall to the bottom of the bag and started to release her.

She pulled her arm out of the bag and sat on the bed. Shinji moved the bag on the floor and sat beside her. He took a deep breath and tried to think of something to say.

<think.. think of something to say!!> He looked at her. Her eyes looked so innocent as she waited for him to tell her what was wrong.

He took another deep breath and admitted "I missed you when you were gone."

She smiled and scooted closer to him and admitted "I missed you too."

He smiled at her and in a moment of bravery, he grabbed her hand. She gave him a slight squeeze to tell him not to let go. It was perfect. Both were looking lovingly at each other not knowing what to do next when...

~ring ring~

Rei turned her head from her fellow pilot, to her dresser. Her phone was ringing. Rei released his hand and went to answer it.

<dammit!> Shinji could have thrown that phone out of the window for ruining this perfect moment. < I swear that call better be about a newly discovered evil angel or some other type of disaster!!> He continued to mentally rant when he was interrupted by...

"Hai. I'll be right there."

~click~

The third child watched his beloved as she walked to the door, slip on her shoes and leave. A few seconds later he heard a knocking at the door. He ran and opened it.

Rei looked dejectedly at him. "I will not be coming home tonight, Shinji."

He returned the facial expression, ten fold and nodded. He watched her walk down the hall and down the steps. <and we were finally starting to....> Making wild hand gestures he growled "This is not fair!"

~SLAM~ (the door)

and stomped back into the apartment to throw a tantrum.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That night, since he was alone, he decide to take a look at his hentai doujinshi. This was the first one he had ever bought. And as long as they sold ones that had blue haired, red eyed girls as there lead character, he knew that it wouldn't be his last. It was easy for him to replace the male lead with himself and the girl as his beloved Rei. And it wasn't long before nature took its course and he need handle his business ^_~

~~~~~~~~~~~

Rei yawned sleepily as she walked up the last flight of steps and down the hall to her apartment. She was tired; she was just glad that the commander allowed her to go home early. It was late and she had school tomorrow. She reached inside her back pocket and pulled out her card key. She knew that when she entered she was going to have to be really quite because her roommate was a very light sleeper who had a hard time falling back to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The third child was only adorned in his sleeping T-shirt this sleeping shorts laid strewn on the floor beside his air mattress. He was laying on his side and was perched up on his elbow as he stared intensely at the lewd pictures of his comic. His other hand was .. very busy ^.^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rei tip toed into the apartment. When she entered she heard Shinji moan, however that didn't take her by surprise, he often moaned while he slept. ^_~

(she never knew that he wasn't sleeping all those times)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The third child closed his eyes. He no longer needed the pictures of the doujinshi to facilitate his lusty desires. He was now lost in his own fantasy about him and Rei. His hand moved in rhythm of his fantasy.

"Ohhhhhh Rei-chan!!"

~~~~~~~~~

What Shinji didn't know was *his Rei-chan* was standing in front of him. Watching him. She tilted her head to side and innocently mentally asked. <what are you doing?>

~~~~~~~~~~

Ohhh gawd... ohhhh Rei.. yes... YYYYEEESSSS!!!!!"

~~~~~~~

The first pilot was completely taken by surprise when a liquid that was not urine spurted out of his highly caressed manhood.

~~~~~~~~

Satisfied, Shinji slowly opened his eyes only to be horrified to see his fantasy girl standing right in front of him. Watching him as he called out her name, while he committed his stealthy act.

"AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

****** *******

Rei sat at the kitchen table, in her usual seat. She had her hands claps together in front of her face as she waited for her roommate to enter the kitchen

Shinji took his time going to the kitchen. He wasn't sure what she was going to say to him. He hoped that she wasn't going to make him move out. Although, if that was what she wanted, he couldn't blame her. He picked up the doujinshi and brought it to the kitchen with him. She wanted to see it, and know why it made him call out her name.

Like a guilty child, Shinji slowly walked into the kitchen with his head bowed down. He couldn't bare to look at her. He tossed the comic on the table and just stood there in the door way as he awaited his punishment.

"Gomen, Ayanami" he said in a very meek voice.

Rei looked at the cover of the hentai comic. Immediately she noticed the girl's similarities to her own features. She looked up at her roommate. He had his gaze toward his feet. She then returned her gaze to the doujinshi and opened it. As she turned the pages, she noticed that each page was more hentai than the page before.

Slowly her eyes went upon her roommate again. "Shinji, I am going to ask you some questions, and it is very important that you do not lie to me. Is that understood?"

He nodded but did not look at her.

"Is this how you see me?"

Shinji heard the twinge of anger in her calm voice and shook his head no.

"It this how you wish to see me?"

<yes! oh gawd yes!!!> He didn't answer he just stared at his feet.

For some reason she was glad that he didn't respond to that question. So instead of waiting for it, she asked another question. "What were you doing to yourself?"

His whole body turned beet red. He didn't answer, he just prayed that the floor would just swallow him up.

This time she waited for his answer.

After a few minutes, Shinji began to speak. "I..." He bit his bottom lip. He was totally embarrassed. "I... was... masturbating." <oh gawd just take me now!!!>

<hmmm so that's what masturbating is...> "Why were calling out my name when you were.. masturbating?"

The third child now realized that he would have gladly accepted the third impact if he knew that one day he would have to explain why he was calling out her name while he was touching himself.

"I am waiting for your answer, pilot Ikari."

The third child's eyes shot up and he stared at her. She sounded so much like his father when she said that. And now that he looked at her, with her hands clasped in front of her face.. she even looked like him. Everyone told him that the first child and the commander were the same type of person. But because of his love for her, he would never allow himself to believe them. But now, as he stared at her on the other side to the table.... there was no doubt that it was his father that raised her.

Her similarities to *him* made this already awkward situation even more uncomfortable.

Rei's smirk was hidden behind her hands. She knew that addressing him like that would get his attention away from his feet. Now she was using her years of learning how to intimidate, by giving clam stares, as she looked into Shinji's eyes. She hated to do this to him. He looked totally freaked out.. but.. it was working. And she wanted answers.

Shinji felt like he was in front of his dad, like the kitchen was now his office and Rei was the commander. He was scared. Even more afraid than he had ever been around Asuka, in her worst fits of rage. He now knew that even though his beloved look like a delicate, porcelain angel, like his father, Rei was a master at intimidation and not one to be reckoned with.

Shinji was too afraid to lie.. "I was calling out your name..... (he swallowed hard) ... because ....I was thinking about you.."

"Why?"

"Because...." He looked at his feet and whispered. "...I ...<love>.... like you."

She was happily taken back by his answer, but her voice showed no hint of it. It was cool and collected, like the commanders. "So masturbating is something you do when you like someone?" She wasn't trying to be funny. She honestly didn't know. She had never done it before.

Shinji sort of nodded and sort of shrugged his shoulders as he continued to stare at his feet.

She took his answer as a yes. She then looked back down at the comic. < it could be worse... the girl could of had red hair and blue eyes> She closed it and left it on the table as she got up to walk past Shinji to get out of the kitchen and into the bedroom.

Shinji stayed where he was. He was too ashamed to move. He figured since Rei had spoken to him so coldly that he totally blew it with her. He began to berate himself for about two minutes when his thoughts were interrupted by a lusty

"Ohhhhh Shinji.."

He spun around on his heals and his jaw hit the floor as he watched what she was doing to herself on her bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That next morning

Rei sat in the swivel chair of the office. She was in a good mood and had a smile on her face. As she twisted side to side she thought about what had transpired between her and her roommate. To her last night was ... interesting. <what a strange way of telling someone you like them>

She knew that she should have gone to school, but she had some questions she needed answered and she knew just who to go to. The first child reached over the desk and turned the little cat figurine to face her.

*************

Shinji was in class and sighed dejectedly as he stared at Rei's empty desk.

Aida teased "Missing your girlfriend, Shin-man?" He was teasing him because it had been almost five months and he knew that they weren't in a relationship yet. But instead of Shinji trying to explain the lack of a relationship this time he...

Nodded.

"WHAT!!!" both Touji and Kensuke yelled in disbelief.

Shinji turned to face them and smiled.

"About time!" Touji exclaimed. "What took you guys so long?"

"We were purposely taking our time..." Shinji lied. "We wanted to get to know each other first."

"Yeah whatever." Aida scoffed. "So when did all this happen?"

"Last night." Shinji admitted happily.

"How?" Touji asked.

Shinji quirked a brow. "What do you mean how?"

"How, Baka?" Touji said a bit loudly. "What finally broke the ice?"

<broke the ice.. more like melted it and boiled it until it evaporated> "We talked.."

"And?" Aida urged for more details.

<and she watched me masturbate then I watched her, we talked again and then we watched each other do it again> "And nothing .. we just talked."

Kensuke narrowed his eyes. He did not believe him, he knew that there was more to the story.

"So where is Ms Ayanami anyway?" Touji asked gesturing to her empty desk.

"NERV" Shinji said a bit bitterly. He really wanted to be around her today. Everyday but especially today since now they were an item.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ritsuko unlocked the door to her office only to be shocked stiff to find the first child waiting for her inside.

"Rei, how did you get in here?"

"Through the door." The first pilot said in her best calm innocent voice.

The doctor grit her teeth and she glared at Ikari's favorite. "What do you want Rei?"

The first child reached in her book bag and pulled out Shinji's doujinshi. She open the book and pointed at the picture of the two characters having sex. "I need you to explain this to me."

The doctor looked at pictures and smiled evilly. "Oh this just too rich!" <the commander is going to just going to looooove this!!!>

Rei narrowed her eyes at the doctor and closed the comic. "Perhaps you are not who I should speak to about this." She got up from the desk and walked out of the office with her stuff in tow.

Ritsuko started to laugh. "Perhaps you're right, Rei. Why don't you go to the commander about it. You go to him about everything else!"

Rei didn't respond but took her advice.

The doctor decided to join the pilot so that she could be there to see Gendo's face when he found out his precious Rei wanted to learn about sex.

~~~~~~~~~~

Rei walked into the commander's office. The doctor slipped in through the door behind her.

"Yes Rei?" The commander didn't acknowledge Ritsuko. Which in turn pissed the doctor off.

"Commander, I have a question."

Gendo clasped his hands together and rested them under his nose

Rei lifted the comic up so the commander could see it. "I need you to explain this to me."

He glanced at it. "It's a hentai doujinshi. You should throw it away." <yes throw it into my garbage can, so I can look at it later>

"It is not mine to dispose of sir." Rei admitted.

<damn> "Is that all?"

"No sir. I need you to explain what they are doing."

A vein popped out on his forehead. <Oh no.... oh gawd no.... you're not old enough for the talk yet... I'm not ready to give you the talk yet!>

Akagi stifled her laugher when another one of the commander's X shaped vein popped out on his forehead.

"Why do you want to know about this, Rei?" Gendo swallowed hard. < please don't say what I think you're going to say>

"I want to experience it. It seems enjoyable."

<NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!> His outward appearance was calm. "And who would you like to experience it with?" <please don't say Shinji>

"Shinji."

<NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!> His outward appearance was still calm. Except his right eye was twitching. "One must have a relationship before they are intimate in that way, Rei."

"We do have a relationship sir."

The doctor's gaze left the commander looked at the pilot. <what?>

"One must have more than friendship," the commander added.

Rei nodded. "I understand. Shinji and I are now what one calls an.. item."

<how disgusting> The doctor couldn't believe her ears.

Gendo nodded and secretly calmed his breathing. <I figured this would happen sooner or later... but why sooner?.... why not later?... like when she's 50 or something.... yes 50's good a good age for her to start thinking about boyfriends and sex!!!>

The professor, who was also in the office, looked at his long time friend. <you're taking the news pretty well Gendo>

Rei broke the silence and everyone's thoughts "So will you explain this to me..." She pointed at the couple having wild sex. "so I will be able to do it properly."

Everyone blinked hard.

<just swallow me up> Gendo prayed to any and every god who would listen to him. He wanted to get away from this conversation ASAP.

<She sure is blunt> the second commander mentally laughed.

And Ritsuko mentally fainted.

Rei waited expectantly.

Ritsuko glared at Gendo. She wanted him to tell Rei no, and that she couldn't date Shinji because they were too close in DNA. That it was forbidden because she had some of his mothers DNA in her makeup!

Gendo finally spoke. "It is not proper for young ladies to engage in such activities when they are not married."

<what!!!> The doctor was fuming. That was *not* how he was suppose to have handled this situation.

The professor rolled his eyes. He knew, if the commander didn't, that he just put an idea in Rei's pretty blue haired head. <You're going to regret saying that Gendo.>

"So I can do this if I am married?"

"Yes. Only if you are married."

The first child's brow furrowed. "But major Katsuragi-san engages in this activity with Kaji-san, but she is not married."

The commander took a deep silent breath and said the first thing that came to his mind "That's because she's nasty. Nasty women have sex when they are not married."

Ritsuko looked at the commander like she was about to rip him a new one. <how dare he call me nasty!!>

The professor looked at his friend like that was the dumbest thing he had ever heard him say in his entire life.

Gendo felt the stares of his friend and his secret lover boring into his skull, but he ignored it. Right now his concern was with how Rei was taking his explanation.

Rei was confused, but also relieved that she and Shinji didn't do anything more than watch each other please themselves. She didn't want to be a nasty woman. She nodded. "I see."

"Do you?" the commander asked hopefully in his monotone voice.

"Hai." She looked at him in the eyes and said calmly "This is none of my concern."

"Then yes, Rei, we do have an understanding." <thank gawd!!> "You are dismissed."

"Hai." She turned to leave.

After she walked out the door. Gendo turned to his friend. "Now that was easier than I thought I would be."

"What was easier?" Fuyutsuki asked knowingly.

"The *talk*."

The professor chuckled. "You didn't give her the *talk*. You avoided it by lying to her."

<and your point is?> Gendo gave an expressionless glare at his friend.

"Commander."

Gendo and Fuyutsuki turned their gaze toward the doctor as if they just remembered she was still in there.

"What is it?" Gendo answered coldly.

"I was just wondering why you didn't tell her to end the relationship?"

"And why would I request such a thing?" he asked knowingly.

Ritsuko angrily bit the inside of her jaw then spoke "Because of who Rei is."

Gendo narrowed his eyes. He knew exactly what the doctor was hinting at and he was none to pleased. "She is not her!!"

Ritsuko seemed to shrink into herself. <oh gawd I'm soo stupid... why did I bring Yui up? I know how upset it gets him>

Gendo open a drawer in his desk and pulled out a gun and place it on his desk as a warning gesture. "I don't ever want to hear of you say that Rei is Yui again. Is that clear?"

The blond nodded. She knew that he wouldn't kill her... she hoped.. <this is all your fault Rei>

"Now get out of my sight." His voice was like ice.

After the doctor left, Fuyutsuki asked his friend "Why didn't you tell Dr Akagi that when Rei merged with Lillith, the LCL that is Lillith's blood dissolved all traces of Yui's DNA, leaving Rei 100% angel?"

Gendo did not answer.

"It would make things easier for your son when he finds out about Rei's origins."

Gendo claps his hands in front of his face. "Shinji already knows about Rei's origins and he doesn't care."

The professor was surprised that he wasn't aware about that bit of info.

"Rei has also informed me that he also knows that she is 100% angel. However, he doesn't fully grasp what that means and how that will affect their relationship."

The second commander nodded knowingly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Hehe* ^_^ I still don't own anything that deals with Evangelion.

thrash asked me why its a R fic... well, you'll see my friend... I don't curse because I'm saving this rating for something else ^_~

quote... "get your freak on" missy elliot.