Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ So Happy Together ❯ chapter 12 ( Chapter 11 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
So Happy Together




The next day in school

Shinji was sitting in his seat, with his arms crossed over his desk and his face in them. He did not want to be there, but part of him wanted to confront Kensuke and Rei.

As usual he was one of the first students in class. He could hear the chatter of the other students as they came into and filled the classroom. But he wasn't listening to any of them until he heard ..

"Shinji.. is it true?"

Shinji tightened the grip his arms had around his head. He did not want to talk about what Rei did in class. He knew that if he did it wouldn't be long before he cried.

Touji scooted his desk closer to his friends and whispered "Is it true? Rei is cheating on you?"

Shinji kept his face hidden, but nodded in response to the question.

"With Aida?"

Shinji nodded again. He was about two seconds from crying.

"Do you want me to kick his @$$?"

Shinji nodded.... then shook his head no.

Touji was about to ask another question but was interrupted by Asuka.

"So how did the little slut explain the fact that we caught her in the act of cheating on you?"

Shinji's head shot up, and he glared at her with his red rimmed eyes and roared "Rei-chan is not a slut!! And you better not ever say that again!!!" Then he buried his head in his arms again.

Everyone was taken back by Shinji's anger. They've never seen him yell at Asuka before. They were all silent for about a minute.

"So how did Rei explain her actions?" Touji asked in a very concerned voice.

"She didn't" was the muffled reply.

"What do you mean she didn't, Baka!" Asuka was pissed. How dare he take up for Wonder 'slut' and be mad at her for being on his side!

After a long pause, the third child muffled his answer again. "I didn't confront her with it... She doesn't know I know. "

"WHAT?!!" Touji, Asuka and Hikari yelled in disbelief.

"Then I'm going to confront her!!" Asuka growled.

Shinji looked fearfully at his *ex*. "No!"

"Why not?" Hikari asked.

"Because I don't want her to know I know!"

"Why?" Touji asked.

Tears started to fall out of the third child's eyes. "Because... because I don't care."

"So you're just going to dump her, and not tell her why?" Asuka asked hopefully.

Shinji shook his head no and answered. "I don't care... if she's ... cheating on me.... I just..." He started to cry so he hid his face again and finished what he was going to say. "I just don't want to lose her."

The three were dumbfounded by what he just said. None of them could understand why he was still so devoted to the first child.

Ok, Asuka wasn't dumbfounded, she was furious. < I swear the next time I see Wonder girl, I'm going to beat her mother $&%&ing @$$!!!> She couldn't believe that Shinji would rather be with someone who was cheating on him then go back to her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was almost lunch time when everyone accepted the fact that neither Kensuke or Rei was coming to class today.

Through out the entire morning, Shinji buried his head in his arms. He was fighting back his tears and the mere fact that neither his beloved Rei-chan nor his now self proclaimed archenemy (Aida) were at school , was making it 100x harder. <Why?.. why Rei-chan>

~~~~~~~~~

When the lunch bell rang, Touji walked down stairs to the student phone. He was going to call that bastard Kensuke and inform him that he was in for an @$$ kicking after school.

When he called the line was busy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kensuke was in his room. He was on line, working diligently on the computer , on his official NERV assignment!!! He was so excited. So excited in fact that he was dancing in his seat as he hummed the Mission Impossible theme song. He was loving this! It was a dream come true!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Touji walked to the spot were they always ate on the roof.

"So what did he say?" Hikari asked.

Suzuhara angrily admitted. "I couldn't get in touch with him. His phone was busy."

"I bet you he took it off the hook so their love making wouldn't get interrupted."

"Asuka!!"

"Well..." The second child stared at her best friend and innocently said "That's what Misato does."

The third child's stomach twisted into a knot because of Asuka's comment. "They're probably not even together ." Shinji said hopefully yet dejectedly. "Rei-chan told me that she was behind in her work. She's probably at NERV."

"What are you talking about Shinji?" Asuka growled as she narrowed her eyes at her *ex* "What kind of *work* is Wonder girl doing?!!"

Shinji winced. In his sorrow he told Rei's secret. He needed to think of a lie and quickly. Luckily for him Touji answered her.

"She's most likely working on her synch ratio. You know it's the lowest out of all of us" Touji then added. "Especially yours Asuka"

"That's the truth" the second pilot agreed readily and stood in her victory pose.

Shinji sighed in relief that by stroking Asuka's ego, she accepted Suzuhara's answer as truth.

Touji mentally wondered. <why did I just protect Rei's secret> Then he looked over at his very depressed friend. <that's why>

Shinji poked at his food, which was leftovers from the dinner Rei made for him before she went to *work* yesterday. He was too sad to eat. <where are you Rei-chan?>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rei was in central dogma. It was 12pm and she had just finished with the test on her AT field. She was exhausted and even more behind in her work. Instead of going home, she turned down the hall and walked toward the room that once was an exact replica of her apartment (that is before Shinji moved in and made her place homey and livable). She was too tired to attempt to go home. From were she was, it would take her at *least* 15 minutes to get out of central dogma. Then the closest exit to her apartment was 45 minutes way. And that's not including the fact that she would still have to walk home. She new she would not make it, she wasn't even going to try. She was tooooooo tired. She raked her hand through her unruly mop of hair as she swiped her authorization card, opened the door and walked into the room. She crawled on the bed and curled up in a ball and went to sleep.

<I'll just wake up in about 5 hours. Go home cook and eat dinner with Shinji and then come back to finish my work.>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Shinji got home from school, he became even more depressed. Rei was not home and looked like she hadn't come home all day. He called her phone...

~~~~~~~~~~

~ring ring~ (It's in her office)

~~~~~~~~~~

No one answered. He put is phone on the dresser and turned on his stereo, laid down on her bed and stared at the ceiling as he waited for her to return.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Rei finally woke up it was five. She slowly got up and sat at the edge of the bed for a few minutes as he body tried to wake up. She still had time before she had to start dinner. While yawning, the first child absently glanced at the clock again and realized the time. It was not 5pm.... IT WAS FIVE A.M!!!!!!!!!!!!

<OH__ MY__ GOD!!!!>

She jumped out of bed and ran out of the pseudo apartment and all the way to her offices. Now she was really behind in her work!!!!!

<I CAN'T BELIEVE I SLEPT THE WHOLE %*&^*&^ing DAY!!!>

She was so stressed about catching up in her work she didn't even think to call Shinji.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shinji woke up around 5am. The first thing he noticed was that Rei didn't come home. <she didn't even bother to call and tell me she wasn't coming home. >

He laid back down on her bed and waited for her to come home or call, until it was time for him to get dressed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At school

Class had already started when Shinji dragged himself through the door.

"So nice of you to join us, Mr. Ikari." the teacher said snidely.

Shinji bowed. "Gomennasai sensei."

Out of all the pilots, the teacher liked Shinji best, because he was always so respectful. The other two, he didn't care for much. Actually, he didn't like the first and second child at all. "Take your seat, Ikari."

"Yes sir." Shinji responded solemnly.

Shinji noticed that both Kensuke's and Rei's desk were empty once again. He took a deep breath and stifled his tears as he walked to the back of the class toward his seat.

His friends gave him sympathetic glances but none spoke. They didn't know what to say.

When the third child got to his seat, he crossed his arms over his desk and buried his head in his arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aida was eating ramen as he put the final touches on the report of his efforts. He was completely siked that he had finished his first official NERV assignment!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Around 11am Rei got a call from the commander telling her to meet him in the cafeteria for lunch.

As she sat across from him at their usual table, he randomly selected and quizzed her knowledge on the projects she was supposed to have known and familiarized herself with already. Luckily for her, he only asked her about the projects she had the opportunity to brief herself with. He would have been very disappointed in her if he found out that she was running behind. Not only that, he might force her to end her relationship with Shinji. She knew that he would blame the relationship and consider it a distraction from her duties. That's why she worked so hard and such long hours. She did it for Shinji, she did it so she could be with him, even though her work schedule kept her away from him. It was a catch twenty two. Although she felt like she was getting the better end of the deal.

When their food was brought to them, she knew that the quiz was over. All she could think was <somebody up there must like me>

The commander observed the first child as she ate her ramen. "Is there somewhere else you would rather be, Rei?"

She looked at him. She wasn't shocked that he could tell that she wanted to be elsewhere. He could always read her like a book. It seemed that it must be an Ikari thing, because Shinji had the same talent. She nodded.

"Yes sir. It is almost lunch time at school. I wish to see Shinji."

<what, I'm not good enough to eat with anymore!!> Gendo nodded. "Then you should go."

She smiled, got up and bowed in respect before she left.

As the commander watched his favorite leave, a familiar voice spoke from behind.

"Looks like your little girl is all grown up, and you're not the most important man in her life any more."

Behind his glasses the commander rolled his eyes. "Fuyutsuki, if I wanted your two cents, I would have asked for it." Inwardly, the commander pouted because he knew that Kozo was right. <why Rei... why did you have to grow up?!! why couldn't you stay my little girl forever?>

The professor chuckled softly and sat across from the commander in Rei's seat. "So how is she handling all this new responsibility you have placed on her?"

"Just as I expected" the commander replied arrogantly and returned to his food.

The professor nodded approvingly. "Yes, but does she want this responsibility?"

"Of course she does." He thought. <I'm her dad and she's daddy's little girl! of course wants to be like me and follow my foot steps!!...> But said "She owes her existence to NERV."

Fuyutsuki pressed his lips together then said "That may be so Gendo, but that doesn't mean she owes her life to NERV."

The commander didn't outwardly respond, but that statement did make him think. He never even fathomed that Rei did not want to be the 3rd commander of NERV and one day take over as head commander. Especially since she had told him when she was five years old that she wanted to be just like him. <why would she change her mind?.. I'm the coolest thing since sliced bread..> Anyways, she had to. It wasn't like NERV was a government owned. It was a family business. The business that he built with blood, sweat, and tears. If Rei didn't want the job, then who was going to inherit it. Shinji? He mentally shook that thought out of his head. <the boy's too soft.> He wouldn't want the job anyway. He didn't even like coming down here. So it only left Rei. It had to be Rei! <I want it to be Rei!!>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rei had just reached the front gate of the school, only to run into Kensuke.

He saluted her and happily chimed. "Hello captain my captain!"

"Don't do that" she calmly ordered. <anyways, I rank higher than a captain>

Aida put his hand down and sheepishly said "Oh yeah... sorry... I kinda get carried away."

< no $#!%> She didn't respond, she just tried to walk past him. He followed like a lost puppy.

"Ayanami. I've finished my first assignment!"

The first child stopped in her tracks and turned around. "How did you accomplish this, Aida-kun? That firewall should have taken you at least 36 hours to breach."

"You're right it did." He pulled something out of his shirt pocket.

She gave him an unreadable expression.

He continued and held out a disk to her. "I worked straight through, from the time I received the assignment till about an hour ago."

She took the disk and put it in her back pants pocket. "You didn't go to school yesterday?"

He shook his head no. "I wanted to finish my assignment."

"Your job is classified. How are you going to keep it a secret if you allow it to interfere with your normal everyday life."

<you're one to talk.> He didn't outwardly respond, but his gaze did leave his commander's for about 10 seconds. He looked as if he were lost in a trance.

Rei turned her head slightly to see what he was looking at. It wasn't a *what* it was a *who*. She turned to face him again. "Why don't you go and talk to her?"

Kensuke turned beet red and brought his gaze back to Rei. "W.w..who are you talking about?"

"The girl in our class that you stalk."

"I do not stalk her!!" He said adamantly as he stomped his foot "...... I just watch her from a distance..... All the time....."

<and the difference being?> She didn't outwardly respond to that. Instead she continued their past conversation. "Aida, you are not allowed to miss school. It is imperative for all NERV children to go to school."

Though he desperately tried to suppress it, his expression revealed that he thought she was a hypocrite.

She understood his nonverbal response and turned around and walked toward the entrance of the school. She didn't feel the need to explain her reasons for not attending class. Especially since most of the time it was because she just didn't feel like going.

Kensuke took one last look and his secret love and then followed the first child happily. He was loving that he worked for NERV even if it was a secret. "Uh Ayanami."

She didn't respond.

He sheepishly continued. "How much do I get paid?"

She paused and thought about it. "The same as the pilots." Then continued her walked into the school.

"WOW.. Thanks!!"

<you won't be so excited once you see how small your paycheck is> She didn't outwardly respond.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Shinji and his crew got to the roof, their regular spot was taken by some students. So they had to find another spot. As they looked, the second child's gaze fell on the happenings in the school's front court.

"I can't believe they actually have the nerve to show their faces!"

Hikari's gaze fell upon the two as well. "They even came together... As if we wouldn't notice!!"

"I don't think they care if we notice." Touji added. "Because they don't know we know about them!"

Shinji just quietly watched his beloved receive something from Kensuke and put it into her pocket. <So he does give her stuff... she just hides well> He was too sad to respond any other way.

Hikari looked at her friends. "I wonder if they'll even come up here?"

"If they do, I swear I'm going to beat the $#!% out of Kensuke!"

"That goes the same for Wonder girl!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rei walked up to the steps. Aida was right behind her. The first place both of them looked was their regular eating spot. Some other kids were there, so they decided to go and look for everyone.

~~~~~~~~~~

Touji was the first to spot the two. He cracked his knuckles and stomped over to the two. Asuka soon followed, but she didn't walk she ran to attack.

~~~~

Rei and Kensuke turned around toward their two offenders a few second before Asuka tried to jump and tackle Rei.

Rei slightly moved to left and Asuka hit the ground.

"What are you doing?" Rei calmly asked the second child.

Kensuke wasn't as lucky. Touji hit the crap out of his jaw. Then proceeded to pound the holly hell out of him. Rei paid no regard to Aida getting beat up. She was trying to control her AT field. She could feel her powers trying surface. She found out last night that she was more powerful than anyone thought she could be *and* that she did *not* know how to control her awesome power. She didn't want to make a mistake and kill Asuka. Well not while she had witnesses. ^_~

Asuka picked herself up and lunged at the first child again. This time she actually got a hold of Rei, making her fall on her back. Asuka jumped on the blue haired angel, straddling her waist, and tried to pound her. As the second child brought her fist up to punch the crap out of the first child, it was stopped and locked in a death grip.

"Don't_ ever_ hit her again!" warned a very angry voice.

Everyone froze because of the coldness of the voice. It sounded like Gendo Ikari... but it wasn't. It was...

"Shinji?" roared Asuka as she looked up at her *ex* "Why are you taking up for her!!! She's cheating on you!!"

"Because I love her!! And I don't care, as long as I don't lose her!" He pulled the red haired girl off his beloved and helped Rei up. "Are you ok Rei-chan?"

Rei slowly got up. She could tell that her back and her elbows now had scraps all over. And she banged her head pretty hard, but other than that "Yes I am fine."

Touji had stopped his assault on Kensuke when Shinji made his declaration. But then gave his *ex* friend one last punch to make his point clear.

Before anyone could say another word to him, Shinji grabbed Rei's hand and quickly walked down the stairs with her, leaving everyone else behind.

After they left, Kensuke who was now on his knees holding his very sore jaw looked up at his friend and yelled. "What the hell is this all about?!!!"

Now Kensuke has been Touji's friend for years. So he knew that Suzuhara, the king of displacement, would punch someone out at the drop of a hat. But it had been a long time since he had been on the receiving end of one of his rampages. But since he knew his friend, he was going to let him explain.

"As if you don't know!!" Hikari yelled.

"I don't!" Aida spat out bitterly. "So why don't you inform me!!"

"We saw you, Kensuke!" Asuka growled "We saw both of you!"

Aida's eyes went wide. <did they see me give the disk to Rei... did they figure it out already?>

Touji was disgusted by the guilty look on Aida's face. "So it's true.. you and Ayanami are cheating on Shinji!"

"What?" Kensuke looked totally confused "Of course not!! What the $&% would make you think that?"

"Like I said, we saw you!" Asuka yelled "Shinji and I saw that slut leave your apartment two days ago!"

" Oh $#!%!!!" Aida quickly got up and ran down stairs. He knew he couldn't explain to them why Rei was there. That she had found out that he was hacking into NERV's classified files, and that she scared the hell out of him, then gave him a classified job to hack into NERV's files ^__^ but he could tell her what everyone thought about them. Then she could explain it to Shinji.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shinji led Rei off of school grounds. He was upset. Upset with her and upset with his friends, for he begged them not to let her know that he knew. Rei just silently allowed herself to be led by him. He took her silence as an admission to her guilt. They walked until they were at the apartment.

"We're going home?" Rei asked sweetly in her calm voice.

He didn't respond. He just led her to their apartment, opened the door, and led her inside. Not even bothering to take off his shoes or allowing her to take off hers, he lead her to her bed. He sat down and looked up at her as she stood in between his legs and looked down at him with a confused expression.

They stared at each other for about 2 minutes. Neither speaking, until Shinji wrapped his arms around her slender waist and held her in a tight embrace as he cried. He couldn't hold in his sorrow anymore. He couldn't stand the fear that she was going to break up with him now that she knew that he knew about her affair.

She gently caressed his face and wiped away some of his tears. "Shinji what is wrong?"

He didn't answer; he just cried harder.

She respected his response and did her best to embrace him back as she waited for him to calm down. Seeing her boyfriend in such a melancholy state tugged at her heart. It wasn't long before she found herself crying too. She had no idea why she was crying, but to see him in so much pain brought her pain.

Shinji felt Rei's body shudder as she cried. He took this as a sign of her guilt. She felt guilty for cheating on him. He slowly looked up at her. She looked so.... cute with her nose all pink , her face all flushed, her pouty lips all swollen and her light blue hair feather around her face.

He gestured for her to sit on his lap so that he could comfort her. Inwardly he bitterly laughed. He was the one who had the right to be hurt, who needed to be comforted, but there he was, comforting her. He was pathetic but he didn't care because he loved her

As she made herself comfortable on his lap, he brushed her hair out of her face and lovingly whispered "It's ok, Rei-chan.. I forgive you"

She was taken aback by his words and sniffed "Forgive me for what?"

<she still doesn't know I know> Instead of answering her question, he smiled warmly at her and kissed her.

She returned the kiss but pulled back. The disk she had in her back pocket was cutting into her butt <OMG the disk!!> She quickly pulled it out of her pocket and inspected for damages. She fell pretty hard on it. It wasn't as invaluable as she first thought it was. Kensuke had not only downloaded the information on the project she gave him. He had also downloaded information on all the files he snuck into. He told her that NERV files had a pattern and once you knew the pattern getting past the firewalls were easy. She wanted to see that pattern herself.

Shinji watched her inspect the disk as if it was on of the most import things in the world to her. He couldn't take it any more. He wasn't going to ask her about the disk, but since she wanted to throw it in his face "Rei what is that?"

She held it up. "A disk."

He rolled his eye. He could see that for himself. "What's on the disk?"

"That information is classified." It was. It really was.

Shinji grit his teeth. Classified. That what she says about *everything*. So now he can't even believe her when she says that anymore. "How can it be classified Rei-chan, I saw Kensuke give it to you!!"

Her eyes lit up like she just remembered something. Something she wanted to tell him . She began with her story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kensuke ran around the school twice before he asked someone if they saw were Rei and Shinji were. A girl told him. "They left!!" He wasn't sure where they would go so he was going to start at their apartment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shinji was totally happy. He had been stressed and depressed for two days. It would all have been avoided if he would have just talked to her about his fears in the first place.

"So that's why he was freshly showered?"

She nodded. "Yes, he urinated on himself."

The third child laughed. "Rei-chan. I never doubted you for a minute!! I knew you would never cheat on me!"

She gave him a skeptical expression, which made him laugh even louder. He was just so happy that he was wrong.

She started to get up but he held on to her. "No. I don't want to let you go!!"

She embraced him. "I would never be unfaithful to you Shinji... I love you."

He held her in a tight embrace. It was as if he wanted to meld his body into hers. "I'm sorry I doubted you Rei-chan."

She pulled back to see his face. "But you were going to stay with me anyway?"

He nodded and looked intensely into her crimson eyes. "I love you... no matter what, I don't want to live without you."

She arched an eyebrow. She believed him. She also recognized something in him that he wouldn't like knowing at this moment. So she wasn't going to mention it. She pulled out of his embrace and got out of his lap.

"Where are you going?"

She took off her shirt and dropped it on the floor and walked toward the bathroom. "I need to take shower. I've had these clothes on for two days."

That was the first time he realized it. She did still have the same clothes, which was her favorite pair of hip hugger jeans and that white T-shirt from two days ago. <My poor Rei-chan, you work too hard.>

It wasn't long before the third child heard the shower running. He got off the bed and started picking up her trail of dirty clothes. When he was in the bathroom to retrieve the rest or her stuff he got an idea as he gazed at her silhouette in the steamy shower.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Rei had pushed some of her wet hair behind her ears then pressed her hands against the walls of the shower as the water beat down on her head and back. She was so tired that she really didn't want to go through the pains of bathing. She wished that someone would do it for her... That's when she felt a cold draft. The first child turned her head and her eyes became as wide as saucers when she saw her boyfriend enter the shower and close the door behind him.

Did I mention that he was NAKED!!!

"The sin is mine, Rei-chan" he said in a very shy voice.

Rei turned her head and stared at the wall. Her face was completely flushed. "No Shinji.. the sin is mine."

He smiled as he looked at her beautifully sculpted body in the frisk position. <oh yeah.. the sin is definitely mine> He took a deep breath and walked over to her. He stood directly behind her , but didn't touch her.

"Rei-chan... you work too much."

"I have to work Shinji..."

He leaned forward and whispered in her ear. "I understand... Rei-chan.... I just miss you..."

Though her head was directly under the fall of water she could feel his sweet breath on her ear and cheek . A million new feelings and thoughts were raging through her mind and body, threatening to overload her senses. "I... miss you too... Shinji..."

The third child then reached over her shoulder and retrieved her body scrubber.

Her body stiffened. His close proximity was... she didn't have the words for how she felt at the moment... she could not longer think rationally.

The third child then bent down so his head was by her waist and reached around her to get her body soap. Then stood back up.

Rei's eyes had tripled there size as he waited for Shinji's next move. This was so forward of him. She couldn't believe this was happening!! ..... Then he touched her. She felt like her body was on fire; especially her lower region. ^.^

~~~~~~~~~

Shinji was as red as a beet as he took her bathing stuff. He wasn't thinking when he took off his clothes and came into the shower. It was like right after the idea popped in his head, a dummy plug named LUST&DESIRE took over his body and was still controlling him.

It wasn't until right before he touched her that his nerve started to waiver. <ok.. you've come this far... you can do this... I mustn't run away! I mustn't run away!> He took her scrubber that was now lathered with green apple fragrance soap and put it on her shoulder. Immediately her alabaster skin turned a deep red.

"Are you ok Rei-chan?" He was a bit shocked by her sudden change of color.

She swallowed hard and slowly nodded.

"Do you want me to stop?" He worried about her and worried that he went far too fast.

She didn't answer right off... After about ten deep breaths she shook her head no.

Shinji let out a sigh of relief. If she would have taken any longer, he would have died of a heart attack. In gentle circles he started washing her shoulders and arms.

He took a deep breath to control his raging hormones. He reminded himself that he came in here to bathe her and nothing else. <yes keep telling yourself that>

"Rei-chan."

"hmm" She was trying to control her hormones as well.

"Why did you cry?..."

She tilted her head to the side and thought about it. "Because you were sad."

Her words gave him comfort. For her to outwardly express sorrow because he was sad, meant a lot. She always had her emotions in check, so seeing him hurt must have deeply hurt her. <She really does love me a lot> Shinji leaned forward and washed down her arm. Since she was still in frisk position that meant that he was very close. So close in fact that a certain part of his body brushed up against her. ^.^

"GOMEN!"

She stiffened, tightly pressed her eyes closed in embarrassment as her body turned an even deeper shade of red and shook her head side to side. "Don't worry about it."

Shinji was frozen for about a minute then slowly returned to his task. He moved to a safer part of her body. Her back.

She tensed up again.

"What's wrong Rei-chan?" The third child thought that she no longer wanted him to touch her.

"It stings" she admitted.

"What? The soap?" His relief and concern were in his tone.

She nodded.

He looked at her back. Because her body was blushing, he didn't notice the pink scraps she had on her back. "I'm sorry Rei-chan.."

"What for?"

"It's all my fault that you got hurt."

"I am fine, Shinji" she said in a calm reassuring tone.

"Are you sure?"

She nodded.

He looked at her cuts and in an outspoken thought, he asked "Want me to kiss it and make it better?" Then he slapped his hands over his mouth. < I can't believe I just said that!>

Rei nodded. She took him seriously. If he could take the pain away, she wanted him to do it.

He totally stiffened. Totally. ^_~ "Are you sure?"

She nodded.

Shinji looked at his beloved who was still in the frisk position. He wondered if she was ready for this step... Rei was always so distant when it came to physical affection. That thought right there helped him make up his mind. He wasn't going to pass up this opportunity to be intimate with her. He took a deep breath leaned over and tenderly kissed one of her scrapes.

Rei's knees went weak when his lips touched her skin. She was grateful that she was supporting herself with the wall. And he was right. The pain did go away... but it was replaced with something else. What it was.. she had no idea.

Shinji continued to kiss her back. As his kisses became more passionate and more hungry, he brought his hands to hold the sides of her slender waist.

When Shinji grabbed her sides and started kissing her back with more pressure and fervor, Rei's mind went into overload and shut off. She was lost in the passion. His passion, her passion, their passion. Then his hand roamed over her flat stomach and pulled her closer to him.

The third child had kissed his way up to her shoulders and now was kissing on her neck and behind her ear.

A moan escaped her lips.

Then one escaped his.

Shinji gently took her chin and turned her face to the side and gave her a hungry open mouthed kiss. Which she returned greedily. His hands roamed to her breast making her back arch and her moan into his mouth.

"I love you Rei-chan." he moaned passionately as he pressed himself against her back and kissed her again with even more fervor and need.

She turned herself around in his arms. "Ai shiteru Shinji." and kissed him even more passionately.

Shinji pressed her against the wall, grabbed her thighs and wrapped them around his waist as they kissed. They were so close that the water that fell on their heads could not pass between them.

Shinji pulled back a little and watched as he rubbed his sex against hers. Rei's back arched as she moaned and begged for something she wasn't sure of. Her body seemed to have a natural need. Almost instinct, even though her mind wasn't sure what she was begging for.

"Are you sure?" Shinji breathed out lustfully.

She nodded.

Shinji was breathing deeply out of his mouth when he kissed his beloved again, then looked her in the eyes and asked her again.

She licked her bruised lips and nodded. Shinji nodded too and was about to enter her when...

DING DONG!!! KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!!! DING DONG!!

Both the teens in the shower almost jumped out of their skin. And Shinji almost dropped his beloved Rei-chan.

"What was that?" the first pilot asked as her feet were once again on the shower floor.

Shinji answered. "The door bell." The shock of being stopped was audible.

"When did the door bell get fixed?" Rei asked as she raked her fingers through her wet hair.

Shinji put his hand on his chest to calm his heart. "I fixed it a couple of months back."

DING DONG!!! DING DONG!!

She nodded. "I think you should go and get the door."

<damn> Shinji nodded and walked out of the shower.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DING DONG!!!! DING DONG

The third pilot ran to the closet and found some shorts and then went to answer the door. < I should have never fixed that stupid thing!>

When he opened the door he saw "Kensuke.. what are you doing here?"

Aida was breathing hard. He had ran the whole way. Then to make matters worse, he kept going to wrong apartments because he didn't know where the two pilots lived. He took a deep breath " I ...just ... came...." He took another deep breath "Ayanami and I are not having an affair!"

Shinji smiled at his friend. "I know. Rei-chan cleared everything up!"

Kensuke nodded. He looked like he was about to pass out.

Shinji noticed what a bad shape his friend was in. He also noticed the bloody lip and the cut over his eye because of the fight he had with Touji. Or should I say the beating he received from Touji.

"Can I get some water and some ice for my lip?" Kensuke asked after he realize that he wasn't going to be invited in.

Shinji turned around an looked at the bathroom doorway. <Noooooo! I want to return to the shower before Rei-chan gets out!!> He was about to say no when

"Please... I ran the whole way here."

Shinji looked at his friend then back to the bathroom <should I let Kensuke in?... I guess the mood is pretty much gone.. and he is in pretty bad shape... if I hurry I can get him cleaned up and out of here before Rei-chan gets out the shower.> He turned back to his friend and nodded. "But you have to hurry up. Rei is in the shower."

Kensuke nodded and then noticed something. Shinji was dripping wet. Adorned in only shorts. And.... yep he still had an erection. They were in the middle of *something.*

"I'm sorry man." Kensuke quickly turned around. "I didn't realize that you two were... *ahem* getting your freak on." He started to run down the hall. He waved at the steps. "I want full details tomorrow! And don't try to give me any of that bull $#!% that nothing happened because I know for a fact that you're lying out your @$$!!" He then disappeared down the steps.

Shinji's jaw dropped to the ground. Of all the people to catch them, why did it have to be that hentai blabber mouth Kensuke?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I still don't own anything that deals with Evangelion