One Piece Fan Fiction ❯ Ocean's Envy ❯ Leaving the Island ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ok, just to clear things up, here is a little stat sheet in case you're confused.
Emma = Main Character- ate a cursed fruit (if you don't know then read the previous quizzes)
Sky = Friend/ Older Brother (CHANGED: nine hours older than you)ate the wolf-fruit
Victoria = Nicknames: Tori, Vicki, V. = Older sister (3.7 years older than you)ate a cursed fruit (you don't know yet which one)
Rebecca = Older sister (Two min. younger than Victoria) Evil bitch who joined the Navy.
 
----------
 
 
Two weeks after Rebecca's outburst, the town assumed that Tori stole the items from the vault and forced her out of the town. Before the townsfolk could actually find her to administer punishment, Victoria sailed away, and she had not been heard from since.
 
The night before she departed though, Vicki whispered in E-K's ear- "Don't worry, they're right. I'll see you again some day on the open seas. Have fun and stay alive." Your eyes widened as she said this, but completely understood her dilemma. No matter her choice, she would be an outlaw.
Two and a half years later, you were 18, and Skyler was also 18. Grinning from ear to ear, you stood on the roof waiting for the sun to set. Tonight you thought, Tonight's the night we set sail for the open seas! You lean back against the roof as you reminisce about stuff from your past
 
------------
 
 
A five year old version of you is seen running through a town square after your best friend. "Come back here!" you shouted as you turned the corner, having him in sight again.
"Only if you catch me!" he called back. Oh, I will. you thought as you neared him. In one jump, you landed on top of your friend, knocking him to the floor.
 
Smirking, you poked his shoulder. "Tag. You're it."
"This game isn't fun anymore." your friend stated as he got up from the ground.
"You just say that 'cuz I beat you every time!" you exclaimed in his ear.
"No, I'm just bored." he retorted, turning his back so you couldn't see that he was flustered. The both of you stood there for a couple of minutes until you got an idea.
"Hey, I know! How 'bout if we make a promise." you said out of the blue. He turned his head in child-like amusement.
"What kind of promise?" he asked.
"A promise that we will tell each other everything important that will happen and our goals in life, and whoever breaks the promise first has to do something for the other. Deal?"
"Deal!" he grinned from ear to ear and you did the same.
"So let's start now. I'm going to find the Song Of The Ocean!" he turned his head in confusion.
"Huh? What's that?" You gasped, seeing that he didn't know of it.
"You silly! It's the treasure right beside One Piece and whoever holds the knowledge of the song will be named the Music Kisaki!" He grinned even wider as he began to talk.
"Well I'm gonna find One Piece and be the Pirate King!"
"HaHa!" you laughed, "How can you be the Pirate King if you can't even beat me!"
"Just watch me!" He pouted, making you laugh even harder.
"Well good luck with that, Luffy."
 
----------
 
 
Someone shouted from downstairs, making you snap out of your day-dream. "E-K, get your stuff ready, we're about to leave." Skyler yelled up to you.
"Ok Sky, be down in a minute." you called back. You look into the forest one last time and recollected the times you had there. Sparring. And learning some new fighting techniques. You jumped into the window of your room, finding your packed bags all ready to go and your guitar and sword out so you could carry them seperately. Grabbing everything you needed, you rushed out the door and began to pass Sky. "C'mon slowpoke! We have to get going before the townspeople notice!" He sighed, knowing you were right for once.
"Coming, sheesh, can't you decide whether or not you're going to be slow or fast for once?"
You grinned from ear to ear as you replied "Nope, not at all!" He sighed as the both of you reached to docks. While you laid the stuff in the boat, Skyler started to loosen the boat from the dock. "All set?" you asked.
"Yup, time to day good-bye to this town forever."
"Bye, town!" you said aloud but not so anyone would wake up or hear you.
 
Skyler suddenly embraced you in a tight hug. "Little sistesr, I have one thing to say-" he whispered in your ear as the island appeared to shrink from view "- if we ever become seperated, promise me you won't die or do anything stupid." You grinned widely as you remembered all the times you acted like a baka in front of Skyler.
"I can only tell you that I will refuse to die until I have fufilled my dream."
"That's good enough." he stated, letting you go. "Now fall asleep, I'll take the first watch."
"Okay, g'night Sky." You realize now that it was really late at night and you had trouble keeping your eyes open. Fluttering softly, your eyes closed as you spoke your last words to Skyler for a long time.