One Piece Fan Fiction ❯ Ocean's Envy ❯ Almost Awkward Reunions ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Someone save that kid! He's going to be eaten by the monster!" someone shouted, making Skyler wake up.
"Hm?" Straight ahead of him was an island town where a group of villagers were standing shocked at Skyler. Getting the point, he looked over his shoulder, and saw a sea monster, bearing its sharp fangs. "Eww, haven't you ever heard of a breath-mint?" Skyler said, sniffing the air around him. The monster, having understood Skyler, retreated back a little but still watched him with weary eyes.
A loud gasp was heard from the townsfolk in shock that the sea monster had hesitated in killing its prey. Skyler grinned knowingly. "It's okay, I won't hurt you or your kids, all I need is for you to safely put me onto that island right there. Is that so hard?" he asked the monster. The monster, obviously female, nodded, or what closely resembled a nod, and nudged the piece of a boat Skyler was in towards the shore, where the townsfolk greeted him with open arms.
 
 
 
Emma woke up alone. Alone in the ocean inside half of a ship. Realizing her situation, she stood up and looked around frantically, searching for anyone or anything in sight.
"Skyler?" she called out. "Skyler where are you?!" Not catching sight of him anywhere, you sat down and rested you head on your hands. Pretty soon, your hands were wet with tears as they slid down your face. Suddenly, and out of the blue, someone shouted behind her.
"Hey kid, you okay?" the person said. Peering behind you, you noticed an oddly familiar guy with a orange suede coyboy hat standing on what looked like a surfboard with a sail. His black hair was nearly as long as Tori's when she left the island (almost to shoulders) and his chest was bare.
"Why do you have no shirt on? And why do you seem so familiar?" you asked quizically. The guy sweatdropped and sat down on his small craft.
"That's not what I said at all." the guy responded "And for some reason, you seem familiar too. Perhaps I saw you as I passed some towns?"
"No, no one has even visited our town since my family moved there about 12 years ago." Twelve years ago? The mystery person thought That was around the time....
"Hey kid, do you know someone named Victoria?" he asked.
"You mean Tori?" you replied. "HAVE YOU SEEN HER?!?! HUH?HUH?HUH? I HAVEN'T SEEN HER IN LIKE THREE YEARS!!!" The guy winced and put his pinkey in his ear, checking to see if it still worked. He grinned as he remembered why you seemed familiar, as did you.
"E-K, you haven't changed one bit."
"You haven't changed much either, but your hairstyle has, Ace." you retorted.
"Did you really remember who I was that fast? Or did Tori write you beforehand?"
"Ha ha, very funny. I haven't even heard from her since she left the island." you made a pouting face as you said this.
"Now you know how Luffy felt when you left all those years ago."
"Hey hey hey, don't try to make me feel bad here!" you shouted to Ace, "Anyway, I don't really feel like doing anything for him soon so I'm going to say this: Catch me if you can."
"You realize that Luffy's probably going to find you anyway?"
"Shaddup."
"Just saying." he said as he stood up. "Oh yeah, Tori told me to give you this if I ever saw you." Ace reached into his backpack and pulled out a small, light-blue and black swirly case. You grinned as he tossed it to you. Opening the box, your grin grew even wider. You slammed the box shut and shouted as he sped off towards the horizon,
"TELL TORI I SAID THANKS A THOUSAND TOMES OVER." He grinned, although you couldn't see it, and waved as he dissapeared from view. He and Tori have always been like peas in a pod. he he. you thought to yourself. You opened the case again and looked at what was inside once more. A folded up newspaper, obviously recent, lay in plain sight. But it was what was underneath that which caught your eye. It was your sister's personalized flute, not that it had her name on it, but it had special designs on it. The flute was genuinly a work of art, having spent at least 1,000 Beri on it, while it was probably worth more than 20,000 at the time. Yay! you thought again I get to play her flute! Awesome! You sat crossed-legged and placed the flute together. Taking a big breath, you began to play a harmony that your older sister had taught you.
(To the tune of: Homeward Bound by Martha Keen, here are the lyrics.)
In the quiet misty morning when the moon has gone to bed,
When the sparrows stop their singing and the sky is clear and red.
When the summers ceased its gleaming,
When the corn is past its prime,
When adventures lost its meaning,
Ill be homeward bound in time.

Bind me not to the pasture, chain me not to the plow.
Set me free to find my calling and Ill return to you somehow.

If you find its me you're missing, if youre hoping Ill return.
To your thoughts Ill soon be listning, and in the road Ill stop and turn.
Then the wind will set me racing as my journey nears its end.
And the path Ill be retracing when Im homeward bound again.

Bind me not to the pasture, chain me not to the plow.
Set me free to find my calling and Ill return to you somehow.

In the quiet misty morning when the moon has gone to bed,
When the sparrows stop their singing,
Ill be homeward bound again.

 
You sighed, and put the flute back in it's case. "That was fun." you said to yourself.
"You rang?" a friendly voice asked you.
"AAHH!!" you jumped into the air, caught by suprise.
"Sorry sis." she said as she carefully set you back down onto the boat.
"How'd you do that?!" you shouted, wide-eyed, "And how'd you know that I wanted to talk to you anyways...Stalker."
"I'm not a stalker, baka, That flute, when playing that song, send a message through the wind and tells me to come thank-you-very-much" she said with a vein nearly popping out of her head.
"Oh. Ok then." you said. "Could you help me, Tori? I don't know where the nearest island is or anything." Tori sighed deeply.
"I can't tell you exactly, but I think I'll be nice and sail you to the next town because you're my sister."
"Yay! Thanks!" the second Emma said this, something in her backpack began to glow. "Huh?" Reaching inside, she produced a glowing amulet, and handed it to Tori. Once completely in Tori's hand, the glowing ceased, and she began to put it on as a necklace.
"Hmm..." Tori pondered aloud, looking hard at the amulet, "I guess you really are the Ocean's Envy, sis."
"Huh? Sorry, I wasn't paying attention."
"Nevermind." Tori said, "All that matters is because the amulet is attracted to me, that means that I am officially one of your two advisors." You cocked your head to the side at this comment.
"I don't get it. I mean I know what advisor means but why?"
"Well, look at your neck." You looked down and low-and-behold, there was another amulet, but appeared as a different shape.
"Cool! It's just like the thing on my back!" Tori's eyes began to twitch as she curled her hands into fists.
"Let me guess, that tattoo on your back was the whole reason for your phobia of taking off your shirt or wearing anything revealing your back?"
"Yeah, how'd you guess?"
"BAKA!" she shouted hitting you upside the head. Pouting you scowled at Tori, but she put a finger to your lips. "Before you say anything, let me explain." You nodded and leaned in, expecting a story from your big sister. "Here's what happened, you ate the Mizu Mizu fruit when you were 11, meaning that you can control the oceans, streams, rivers, etc."
"Oh! So that explains why I can move and morph that stange stone stuff!" Tori fumed as you said this.
"I told you not to interrupt! And yes, you can control sea-stone also. The person who eats the fruit gets dubbed a stupid nickname, not a really good one, but it explains the person's situation. This person has two advisors, one having eaten a zoan type devil-fruit and a lugia type devil-fruit. Those two happen to be the Wolf fruit and the Wind fruit, eaten by Skyler and yours truly."
"That explains a lot!" you shouted. "No wonder you could appear out of nowhere!"
"Idiot!" Tori shouted, hitting you upside the head. "Hopefully that explained more than what you just said. By being an advisor, Skyler and I act for what is for the better of your health and what you want as well. In example, if you wanted to escape a certain place, we would get you out of there." Tori noticed the sun beginning to set. "Just don't go around telling people that you're special ok? It would be for the better of a lot of lives if you try to keep low about it." you gave Tori the thumbs up sign.
"You can count on me!" She smiled, knowing that what she said actually fazed you.
"Now there's only one more thing to do..." Tori thought aloud, looking straight at you. You looked at you sister, unknowing of what she was about to do. "Little sisters should fall asleep at their appropriate bed times." At first you didn't understand, but as your world began to close down, you cursed inside from being tricked so easily by your sister. "Sorry sis," Tori explained after you had fallen asleep, "it was the only way to transport you to the town I want you to be at with the least amount of injuries possible."