Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cello Jello ❯ Vol. Two: Chapter Four: Black Tuesday ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Black Tuesday
Christine made it home just in time. The winery was up and running at this very moment. The princess hated the business. Her mom started it in college. Carvino Blood was born out of boredom. Christine's mother loved wine as much as men. One day in art class, she just began writing down the names of all of the wines that she knew. The business just grew from there. Today, Carvino Blood was a monster in Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan.
“Mama, I'm home!” Christine yelled from the front door.
“Good,” her mother called. “I need you to come home out with the sales.” The princess rolled her eyes annoyed. She hated this part of the day. It was just so boring. All she did was sell wine and flirt with the customers.
“Coming!” Christine called out. Then she headed down the hall to the store part of the house. Her mother was setting up for the next round of customers for the afternoon rush. She looked up at her daughter.
“Oh good!” she said. “Help me set up! We have another eave coming in ten minutes!” Christine just stood blank for a moment. Her mother looked up agitated.
“Well on, girl!” she yelled. “It's Tuesday! The customers will be here any moment now! Get to work now!” Christine rolled her eyes again.
“Fine!” she said. Then, the princess got right to work. Tuesday was always “Black Tuesday” for Carvino Blood. That was the day they got the most customers. The rush was always crazy on Tuesday. The wine was all set up for the afternoon rush. Now, all that was missing the customers.
In five minutes, the first customer walked through the door. The mother's eyes lit up brightly. This man was a lovely gentleman. He was about twenty-nine years old. This was a charming man. His hair was short and deep brown. The man was dressed in a black dress suit, a deep blue shirt, and a black tie. The mother was deeply attracted to him.
“Bonjourno!” she called out. “How may I help you today sir?” The man smiled at her kindly.
“Aw yes,” he said. “You have any Pinot Noir, ma'am?” The woman smiled brightly.
“You're in luck, sir!” she said. The woman turned to her daughter.
“Christine!” she called. “Fetch the nice gentleman one Pinot Noir!” The princess smiled fake and nodded. She headed to the back to fetch the wine. When she came back, her mom and the customer were flirting with each other. Christine rolled her eyes annoyed again. This was the soul reason why she hated running the winery. Her mother was such a flirt! Every gorgeous man that entered the store was always hit on by her. Her mother was a catch really. The woman's hair was long blonde and wavy. She was a pure-blooded Italian. She looked pretty young for her age. (The woman would try to claim that she was Christine's older sister at times.) Her face was always done up like a model's. But the woman's best facial quality was her sweet rich violet eyes. Many mean always loved them so much. If eyes were the window to the soul, then everyone got a full view of her soul and life. Because she was fully Italian, no one in Japan except her daughter could pronounce her real name. So due to her pretty face, the woman was dubbed “Doll Face.”
Christine stepped forward and cleared her throat. Doll Face and the customer both looked up. The princess held up the bottle of Pinot Noir in her hands.
“Oh!” Doll Face said quickly. “Here's your wine, sir!” The man smiled at her warmly.
“Thanks madam!” he said to her. Then Christine handed him the bottle. The man paid for wine and left. Christine wrote down the purchase in the wine log. Doll Face fixed up her hair, face, and clothes. Christine rolled her eyes and sighed. Her mother heard her right away.
“What's the matter?” she asked her daughter.
“You flirt with the customers all of the time!” Christine complained. Doll Face looked at her.
“So?” she asked indifferently. Christine frowned at her.
“It's unprofessional!” she called. Doll Face glared at her coldly.
“Look!” she snapped. “I'm lonely; this is a good way to meet men!” Her daughter turned straight to her. She snorted loudly.
“You are so tacky!” she called. Doll Face's face didn't change.
“So?” she asked again. The princess frowned at her again.
“What if the customer happens to be a woman?” she asked. Doll Face just shrugged. Then, the door opened wide. Both girls looked up. Another customer came in. He too was gorgeous man. His hair was short and dirty blonde. His left ear was pierced. The man was about twenty-three years old. He was dressed in jeans and a black t-shirt. Doll Face smiled at him brightly. Christine rolled her eyes annoyed once again.
“Oh great!” she mumbled under her breath. “Here we go again!”
“Bonjourno!” Doll Face greeted him. “How can I help you today?”
“Nine plum sake and fifteen sake.” the man said. Doll Face smiled richly.
“Coming up!” she said. Then she turned to her daughter.
“Christine,” she said to her. “Get this gentleman his sake!” Christine nodded with a fake smile.
“Yes ma'am!” she said. Then, the princess headed to the back to fetch the wine. The cycle goes on from there as usual.
300 customers came into Carvino Blood in just Tuesday. The wine log for today took up eleven pages. The sales went like this:
 
9/1/10:
1 Pinot Noir
9 Plum sake and 15 sake
37 Red Wine
92 White Wine
52 Marlow
202 Sake
75 Plum Sake
7 Chardonnay
10 Rum
4 Cristal
13 Grey Goose
61 Vodka
87 Chianti
19 Strawberry
72 Lemon Cello
99 Fox Fruit
17 Long Ocean
32 Mint Dove
16 Cherry Bomb
2 Hennessy
500 Brandy
100 Virgin
8 Strawberry Cello
1,515 Total
¥1,000,217 in sales
 
This Tuesday was a success just like all of the other black Tuesdays. Doll Face leaned back and breathed out when the day was over.
“Oi me!” she called out as she gently brushed her bangs out of her eyes. “We were swamped! At least we got paid for it.” Christine looked up at her from the records.
“Hey mom,” she said. “When can I actually get paid to assist this winery?” Doll Face turned to her looking at her as if she was crazy.
“You are getting paid!” she pointed out. “With a roof over your head, clothes on your back, the food you eat, and luxury junk that you get every day! You'll get paid with money when you can legally drink!” Christine looked at her confused.
“Then why am I always helping you in the winery every day after school?” she asked whining.
“Because I said so!” her mother barked. Christine sighed and rolled her eyes. It was always the same thing at home. Christine may be the queen at school and parties, but it was Doll Face who ruled the household! Winery and all!
I Just Came Here to Party