Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cello Jello ❯ Vol. Two: Chapter Five: Touch the Sky ( Chapter 5 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Touch the Sky
Cello sat afar in happy admiration. Damon Crowe had just moved here days ago. He was a charming man. His short brown-blonde hair begged for fingers to tease and play with it constantly. His eyes were a perfect blue. The boy's body was pretty tone. Damon looked so good in his school uniform. Cello stared at him blushing. She wanted to out on a date with him. This was opportunity number three to achieve that goal. The first one was this morning in homeroom. The second was during English class. Now, it was lunch.
The problem was Cello. She had always been a shy girl since junior high. The girl barely had a boyfriend before in her life. Maybe today would be different. Maybe… Cello drew in a deep breath as she kept watching Damon.
“You like me,” she mumbled to him. “Look up if you like me! Look up if you like me!” There was a short pause. Then, Damon seemed to look up at her. Cello felt overjoyed. A little smiled came across her face. “He likes me! He likes me!” she thought. But the joy was quickly cut short.
“HEY CELLO!!!” she heard someone yell as they slapped her hard on the back. The poor soul gasped out in heavy pain. It hurt so much that she couldn't scream out. Cello quickly jerked her head upwards. Sao and Christine were standing over smiling. The poor soul breathed out worry.
“Oh it's you,” she said. “Don't do that!!!” The girls kept their smiles. Christine looked out to the crowd. It took her seconds to spot out Damon. A wide smile came across her face.
“Oh!” she called aloud nudging Cello in the ribs. “Our little Cello's got a crush on the new boy!” The poor soul's face became bright red in seconds. She looked away quickly. Sao and Christine quickly became excited for her.
“Ooo!!!” Sao called out. “Little Cello's growing up!” The two girls talked on and on about Cello and her newly born love life. The speed of the words drove the poor soul mad. She shut her eyes in tight misery. The girl gout up and ran away as fast as she could. Sao and Christine looked on confused.
“What did we say?” Sao asked confused. Christine shrugged.
“Dunno,” she said. “But we have to help her.” Sao looked at her confused.
“How?” she asked. “And with what?” Christine smiled at her wickedly. She pointed to Damon and then to the direction that Cello left. Sao put two and two together instantly.
“Oh!” she said. “Playing cupid, huh?” Christine nodded at her smiling.
“Yes!” she said. “Cello's too shy to make the first move. So we are going to help her!” Sao clapped her hands together happily.
“Sweet!” she cried. “This'll be fun!”
“Yeah!” Christine agreed. Then, the bell rang from the next class to begin. The girls walked to their classes while plotting how to hook Damon and Cello up together.
Sao and Christine found their pal at her locker. Cello was quickly switching out books to escape from the girls. Sadly, that would go bust too in the next few seconds.
“HEY CELLO!!!” Sao yelled out to the poor soul. The girl screamed and jumped right around. Her “friends” were smiling at her in a sick and twisted way. The poor soul quickly became afraid.
“What is it now?” she asked looking in fear. Christine stepped forward innocently.
“Nothing,” she said. “We just wanted to say that we were sorry for before.” Cello looked at them confused.
“Sorry for what?” she asked.
“For messing with you about you and Damon,” Sao explained. That took a moment to sink in. Then, Cello figured out what they were talking about.
“Oh,” she said calming down some. “That! *Nervous laugh* It's okay.” She hoped that would be it. Boy was she wrong! Sao softly stepped forward. Cello became nervous again. There was more coming, she could feel it.
“It was wrong of us!” Sao went on. Cello was still in fear.
“Okay…” she said.
“So,” Christine chimed in. “We decided to help you get a date with him!” Cello was really worried now. She had gotten to know these two too well. Sao and Christine were nothing but trouble. They had taken over her life without warning and refused to leave. Her love life was all she had left. But now, Sao and Christine were invading that too. There was just no end to it!
“That's nice!” she said quickly. “But no thanks!”
“Aw come on,” Sao pleaded. “We want to!” Cello was panicking in silence.
“ No really,” she said. “You don't have to!” Christine grabbed her by the hands. Cello was really worried not. They really meant this!
“No!” Christine called. “We insist!” The poor soul looked on worried. Now she was really trapped!
“Uh…” she said at last. Her “friends” smiled at her brightly.
“Great!” Sao called. “Come with us!” Then, they dragged the poor down the hall. *Sweat drop on Cello's head* “Oh no!” she thought. “Here we go again! Why me? Why do they keep doing this to me?” The girl sighed in distress. She could see more mess coming their way.
“You see, your problem is that you are just too shy.” Christine spoke up as they kept walking. Cello looked at her confused.
“Am I?” she asked.
“Yes!!!” the other girls said loudly. Cello felt small all over again.
“Okay, okay…” she mumbled. “You don't have to yell.”
“Guys don't like the shy girl.” Sao said. Cello was confused again.
“They don't?” she asked.
“No!” Christine insisted. “Guys like a strong confident girls!”
“Girls who make the first move!” Sao added on.
“Bold girls!” Christine said. Cello looked at them both slightly confused.
“Okay…” she said. “I get it… I think…” Sao chuckled at her gently.
“Don't worry,” she said. “You'll get it all soon enough!” Sao and Christine kept loading Cello with heavy tips of flirtation, charm, and confidence. She thought that her head would explode from too much information. Her sanity was melting away even more. Cello didn't even know if she could even live up to the advice they were cramming into her mind. Either way, things were slowly beginning to spiral out of control once again.
No! She couldn't let these girls take control of her love life as well. Cello would have to fight back somehow. She was going to win over Damon for herself and keep her love life in control. She would have to start now. Start and keep fighting; no matter what. Oh boy! This was going to be a total headache in the progress. But, it would be all worth it in the end in order to maintain some control of what was left of her dull free life.
Come Up in the Sky Looking Extra Fly