Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cello Jello ❯ Vol. Five: Chapter Fifteen: Feel the Love ( Chapter 15 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Feel the Love
Hello, I love you.
Love is a powerful drug that everyone wants. Cello is learning that really quickly. Damon became the only stable thing in her life. At her locker, he came up behind her and kissed her on the neck. Cello giggled.
“Damon,” she cooed. He nuzzled her ear.
“I missed you,” the boy said. Cello gave him excited sigh.
“Me too,” she said. He kissed her on the neck again.
“Damon!” Cello said. “Wait ‘til later!”
“Aww,” he said. “Okay.” His girlfriend smiled.
“I’ll see you this afternoon,” she whispered. Damon smiled back.
“Yep,” he said. He kissed her on the neck once more before leaving. Cello’s heart fluttered in her chest.
Damon…
Suddenly, Cello’s back felt like ice pins when she felt eyes on her.
Die, bitch, die! Burn in hell! Damon is mine! Get away from him! Slut! Bitch!
Remembering the glass sharp comments made poor Cello laugh nervously. Not easy to date the popular guy. Damon didn’t care.
“I want to be with normal people for a change,” he said to her one day. “I’m tired of being hounded every day.” Cello nervously chuckled at that statement. Too bad he had no idea. Sao and Christine were already a problem. Makoto was a whole other ballpark of nuts. She couldn’t introduce her boyfriend to her mother.
She’d chase him off, she thought. Or worse, she could try to steal him away from me. Cello shook her head.
No! I can’t have that! I have to keep them away from each other. No! No! No!
“You okay, Cello?” someone asked her in reality. The poor soul quickly looked up. Damon looked deep into her eyes. His girlfriend shook her head.
“I’m fine,” Cello lied. “Fine! Really fine. Really!” He only blinked at her, confused. The couple lied in the soft grass of the park. This place allowed them the only alone time together out of the day. The lively outdoor sounds added a cozy feeling between them.
“Are you sure?” Damon asked.
“Yes!” Cello blurted out with red cheeks. She breathed hard to calm down. Damon held her closer to his chest. His girlfriend breathed in his scent. Memories of the sea filled her brain with his scent. Her heart felt so heavy.
“I love you so much, Damon-kun,” she murmured. He patted her on the head.
“Is something bothering you?” he asked. Cello shook her head.
“Don’t want to talk about it?” he asked. She pressed her cheek to his chest.
“Hold me,” she said. Damon did so with his mouth closed. The birds in the trees filled the silence between them.
The sun is setting now. That means time to go home and face reality. Cello hated this part. She looked up at her boyfriend.
“I don’t want to go home yet,” the girl murmured. Damon kissed her on the forehead.
“We don’t have to go home until you’re ready, okay?” he asked. Cello kissed him on the shirt.
“Thanks,” she whispered. Damon just smiled in response. He is the only sane stability that she has left now. Cello vowed quietly in her mind to keep it that way as long as she could. No Sao, no Christine, and definitely no Makoto to get in the way and screw this up! She banked all of her heart on it.
Hello, I love you.
Won’t You Tell My Your Name