Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cello Jello ❯ Vol. Seven: Chapter Twenty-One: Baby Pink ( Chapter 21 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Baby Pink

Tonight had to be perfect. Cello asked Damon out on a date three days ago.

“Damon,” she said in between classes.

“Yes?” he asked. Cello shuffled her feet, blushing.

“Are you doing anything this Friday?” she asked.

“No, why do you ask?”

Cello gulped. “Would you please go out with me?” She stared at her crush with bated breath. Please say! Please say! Please say! Damon broke into a little smile.

“Of course,” he said. Cello's face turned bright red.

“You mean it?” she asked.

“Yeah,” he said. Cello bowed her head.

“Thank you!” she yelped. Damon chuckled and patted her on the head. Sadly, that bliss would be short-lived.

The first mistake? Acting all happy about a date coming up in two days. Sao and Christine were quick to take notice.

“Ooo!” Sao cooed. “Someone's in a good mood today!” Cello leapt up at sound of her voice. She turned to see her wild “friend” grinning.

“Good morning!” she cheered in English. Cello blinked with a blank stare.

“Huh?” she asked. Sao patted her on the shoulder.

“Come on!” she said. “Out with it!” Cello winced at Sao's heavy hand.

“Out with what?” she asked.

“It has something to do with a boy, doesn't it?”

The poor girl's face turned bright red. “No!”

Sao grinned, giggling. “Liar.”

“I'm not!”

“Then why is your face so red?”

“I…I… I…!”

“Ooo!” Sao and Cello looked when they heard a door opening. Christine poked her head into the classroom.

“Hey, did I miss anything?” she asked. Sao jumped up and grabbed Cello by the shoulders.

“Our girl here's going on a date!” she shouted.

“Sao! Cello wailed. Christine broke down into happy squeals.

“Sweet!” she said. “About damn time!” Cello buried her head in her hands. Why couldn't I stop grinning around them? Why? Why? Why? Still, her date had to continue.

---------

Friday

Cello stood in her full-length mirror. She decided to go simple for the first date. Her long white lacy dress came down to her calves. She straightened up the dark orange lip gloss made her teeth look whiter. I hope he likes this, she thought. A knock came on her bedroom door.

“Yes?” Cello asked.

“Sweetie!” Makoto shouted from downstairs. “Some boy's at the door for you! He's pretty cute!” Cello's heart jumped into her throat. Oh crap! The girl raced down the stairs. I will not let her scare him off! No! No! No! She made it down to the living room. Damon stood in the doorway, looking in.

“Hey there,” he said, waving. Makoto tried to her daughter, grinning.

“You picked a winner here!” she said with her thumb up. Cello clenched her teeth.

“Mom!” she wailed. Makoto burst into laughter.

“Have fun with your date!” she said. Cello rushed by her, fists clenched and red-faced. I want to disappear right now. Damon and Cello headed out the door.

--------

“I am so sorry about my mom,” she said.

“It's okay,” Damon said. They began walking down the busy street. Cello turned her head.

“She didn't say anything weird, did she?”

“No, no. She just started at me like she hadn't eaten in days.”

Cello sighed, pressing her hand to her forehead. “Oh god. I apologize for that.”

“It's okay.”

“She can be impossible.”

“I understand.”

“So where do you want to go?”

Damon tilted his head, thinking. “I don't know. Where do you want to go?”

“Hm… How about a movie?”

“Sure, I'd love that.” He patted her on the head, smiling. Cello giggled. However, that joy would be short-lived as she glanced over to her left. It appeared to be Sao and Christine hiding in a video arcade watching the couple with grins and V-signs. Cello's face dropped.

Don't tell me… No! Why can't they leave me alone? She sighed, frowning.

“Is something wrong?” someone asked. She turned her head and her eyes met with Damon's. Her cheeks flared pink at the deep greenish-blue color.

“Oh. No. No, I'm fine,” Cello said. “Listen, can we get to the theater right now?”

Damon gave her a strange look. “Why? Are you sure you're okay?”

“Yes, yes. Please?”

He sighed happily. “Okay. How would I say no to such a face?” Cello giggled. This could turn out great. She clenched her teeth and looked out on the streets. Her friends were nowhere in sight, for now. I just need to keep my eyes out in case they try and pull something. Cello's mood faltered back and forth between excitement and nerves as she and Damon reached the movie theater.

Little Blush