Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cello Jello ❯ Vol. Eight: Chapter Twenty-Two: Good Men ( Chapter 22 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Good Men

There are good men. Cello feels and knows it.

-Damon-

I sat next to Cello during the movie. She's a sweet girl. I don't understand why she's stressed all the time. After meeting her mom, I could guess why. Cello leaned in closer to me.

“Are you cold?” I asked.

“Yeah,” she said. I put my arm around her.

“Better?” I asked.

“Yes,” she said. I like her better when she's happy like this. A worried expression doesn't suit her.

Whenever I see, Cello, she looks like she wants to scream. I am betting it has something to do with her friends. I believe it true when were alone together. She's more relaxed and a little happier then. Speaking of which, Cello and I have been spending quite some time together.

We call each other on the weekends. I've grown to enjoy hearing her voice. We could just go on for hours in the evening. We can't remember what we talked about, but it didn't matter.

Now why do I like Cello so much? She's really moe. But really, she's got her head on her shoulders. Cello-chan's not obsessed with her looks, popularity, or boys. She wants to finish school and go to college. She's not at the top of her class, but she works hard. Given who her friends and mom are, it's understandable. Still, her determination impress me. That and she's really moe.

I walked Cello home. She turned to me at her door.

“I had a great time,” she said.

“I'm glad you liked it,” I said.

“You'll call tomorrow, right?”

“Of course.”

“Good night.”

“Night.” I blew her a kiss. Her face turned bright red as she went into her house. I couldn't help but laugh. She's just so cute!

-Cello's Dad-

Cello took off her shoes at the doorway. She was about to walk into the living room when her phone rang. Cello's eyes shifted left and right. Now? He's calling now?

“Hello?” she whispered into her phone.

“Cello-chan!” a man's voice said on the other line. The girl jumped, gasping.

“Dad?”

“How are you, honey?”

“Good.” Cello dashed straight to her room and closed the door. A smile spread across her face. “I just got home from a date.”

“Whew! How was it?”

“Really good.” She flopped back onto her bed.

“What is he like?” her dad asked. Cello covered her mouth, giggling.

“He's really cute. He's smart, funny, and he's really good to me.” Cello rolled over onto her stomach. “How are you doing?”

“Good. I got a new job.”

“You did? Where?”

Her dad chuckled. “I now work at Taisho!”

“The pharma company?”

“That's right. It's an entry level position.”

“You really mean it?”

“Yes. Mari-chan's pregnant and I figured we needed two incomes in the house.”

Cello raised an eyebrow. “Mari?”

“She's my fiancée.”

“Oh, when are you getting married?”

“We haven't set a date yet, but I will invite you when we do.”

Cello perked up. “Good to hear. I'm so happy for you.”

“I love you, Cel-chan.”

“I love you too.”

“Good night.”

“Good night.” Cello held her phone to her chest. Oh, good. He finally is working and moving on. She frowned and looked at her door. If only mom would do the same… A sweat drop formed on her head. Luckily for her, Damon and her dad still had hope in her life.

Good Men