Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cello Jello ❯ Vol. Eight: Chapter Twenty-Three: Are Hard ( Chapter 23 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Are Hard

There are bad men. Christine feels and knows it.

-Matsuo-

Christine knocked on her older brother's door. “Matsuo! Get up! Breakfast is ready!” She gritted her teeth as she heard grumbling inside.

“Matsuo!” she shouted. “Get up!” Christine slammed her fist against the door.

“Get up!” she yelled.

“Go away!” her brother shouted.

“No!” Christine tried to open the door. As predicted, Matsuo had it locked. His sister groaned.

“Mom!” she yelled. “Matsuo won't give up!” Doll Face sighed down the hall.

“Hang on!” she shouted. Her daughter puffed up her cheeks and tapped her foot. This is stupid. Doll Face walked up to Matsuo's door.

“Matsuo!” she shouted. “Get your ass up right now!” She pulled out a small screwdriver and turned the lock. Christine backed up when her mom opened the door. The smell made her want to vomit.

“Oh god!” she muttered. “My eyes are burning!” Doll Face walked into the room.

“Matsuo!” she shouted. “Get up! Get up now!” The mother pulled away the sheets and started hitting him with her slipper.

“Ow! Hey! Stop! Stop!” her son shouted, covering his head. Christine rolled her eyes, shaking her head. They do this every morning. Matsuo didn't do anything. He had no job, no girlfriend, or no useful skills.

“Why is he still here?” Christine asked her mom last night. Doll Face frowned over the sink.

“You tell me,” she said. Her daughter groaned and rolled her eyes. Aside from no job, Matsuo was a complete flirt. He constantly hit on the female customers that come into the shop. Doll Face would have to hit him in the back of the head.

“Cut it out,” she hissed.

“What?” Matsuo asked. Today, he finally got up.

“Okay! Okay! I'm up! I'm up! Stop hitting me, ma! Geez!” he complained. Matsuo leapt out of bed. Christine puffed up her cheeks. Useless idiot! She turned and walked out of the room.

-Jin-

Christine paused in the hallway when she heard footsteps running behind her. Great. One… Two… Three… Four. Christine slid to the right as her little brother crashed to the floor. Jin turned around, frowning.

“Why did you move?!” he shouted. Christine rubbed her temple, sighing.

“You're too old to be doing this,” she said.

The younger boy pouted. “You're no fun!”

“I don't have time for this.” Christine headed for the kitchen. Jin stood up and blocked her path.

“What do you want?” Christine asked. Jin broke into a huge grin.

“Game!” he shouted.

“No.”

“Please?”

“No!” Christine gritted her teeth. They did this every morning. Jin didn't understand “no”. He tried to squeeze her waist.

“Play my game!”

Christine tried to push him off. “Go away! God you are so annoying!” Jin gave her big old puppy dog eyes.

“Fine!”

“Yay!”

Christine gritted her teeth. You little bastard! You're just like him!

-Konn-

Speaking of which…

Christine and Jin froze when they reached the living room. A man in a thick black coat stood in the doorway, holding out his arms.

“Hey kids!” he said with a grin. Jin's eyes grew big with delight. Christine on the other hand, glared at him.

“You!” she hissed. “What are you doing here?” As if on cue, Doll Face and Matsuo walked onto the living room. The woman saw red. The man held out his arms towards her.

“I'm home!” he said. Doll Face's nostrils flared.

“Get out!” she hissed. Christine waited for the bomb to hit. Still, she had Isaiah and Sam to fall back on for good men.

Bad Men