Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cello Jello ❯ Vol. Nine: Chapter Twenty-Six: Cello, Cello, Cello ( Chapter 26 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Cello, Cello, Cello

-Donger-

Where do I begin with her? Cello is… How do I put this? She's… different. This morning, I caught up to her in the hall.

“Hey there!” I shouted. She looked up at me and waved.

“Oh, good morning, Donger,” Cello said. She isn't disgusted by me. Cello just talks to me. She tilted her head, blinking.

“I'm sorry, but do I know you?” she asked. “I've heard everyone call you `Donger', but I don't think we've met before.”

“Oh,” I said. “I don't think we have either.” That would explain everything.

“So you new here?” I asked.

“No,” she said. “I've been here since freshman year.”

“Oh. I guess we don't run around in the same circles.” Cello wasn't obsessed with her looks. She didn't talk much to other people either. He aloof personality made me want to know her more.

Let's see… Cello's friends with Sao and Christine. This could work in my favor. But first, I have to get know her better. I had so many questions to ask her. What all did Cello like? What didn't she like? Was she single? What was her cup size? (Okay, I won't ask that question. I will ask the others though.)

It took a week, but I did it. Cello still made no sense to me. The only thing that drove her was studying. She didn't make straight A's, but she worked hard. I tilted my head in the library.

“Why you study, so much?” I asked. She didn't look up from her textbook.

“I'm trying to get away,” Cello said.

“Huh?”

She turned her head. “I am trapped. Everyone around me are crazy.”

“Why is that?”

She shrugged and sighed. “They just are.”

“That bad?”

She pressed her lips together, nodding. Okay then… I leaned forward at the table.

“It can't be that bad, can it?” Cello rolled her eyes towards me. The look on her face told me everything.

“Oh,” I said.

“Tell me something,” she said. “Why do they call you `Donger'?” My face dropped.

“No idea.”

Cello frowned. “What do you mean?”

“Don't know. Everyone called me that in junior high and it kind of stuck.”

“But why?”

I frowned. “I don't remember.”

“What is your name?”

“Donger.”

“No, your real name.”

My eyes widened. “My real name?”

“Yeah.”

I sat back, stunned. I couldn't remember the last time someone asked me that. What's with this girl? Who was she? Cello wasn't popular in our school neither did all of the boys notice her. Only Damon seemed to shower her with affection. That was another thing I failed to get. How did Cello land one of the most popular pretty boys in school?

“Hey, Cello,” I said.

“Yes,” she said, turning the page.

“Are you dating Damon?”

She whipped her head upwards, blushing. “Why?!” I had my answer.

“No reason,” I said. One week wasn't enough to unlock the secrets of Cello. If I wanted to hook up with her friends, I have to prove via Cello that I was a good guy. Thus my search for the truth continues.

Keep Digging