Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cello Jello ❯ Vol. Nine: Chapter Twenty-Seven: High and Low ( Chapter 27 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

High and Low

-Donger-

My day was insane. Whew! Where to begin? Well, I went to school—again. The girls avoided me. The teachers looked at me funny. My eyes shifted left and right. Cello! Where are you? Come out, come out wherever you are!

My plan was simple enough. Find Cello and talk to her. First, I had to deal with a few distractions.

Distraction #1

In the hallway, someone grabbed me by the shoulder. I jerked my head.

“Hey! What the--?!” I found myself being dragged around a corner. My back hit the wall with a slam.

“Ow!” I yelped. A huge sumo-sized guy stood in front of me.

“You!” he barked. “Stay away from my girl!” I gave him a blank stare.

“Huh?” I asked. The guy's nostrils flared.

“Don't play dumb with me! Leave my girl alone! If you don't, I'll beat your ass!”

“Uh… who are you?”

This guy glared at me. “Fuck you!” He stormed off with a red face. I stood, blinking. Okay… What was all of that about?

Distraction #2

I seemed to be attracting many angry boyfriends today. Most of them I've never before in my life. Why did they choose today to attack?

This one dude and his boys cornered me before class began. I didn't know what they wanted. (Probably something to do with girls.) I grinned and nodded. I still didn't get what they wanted.

Right, I have to find Cello again. Right now, she and I are in different classes. The best time I could see her was lunchtime. Even then, she wasn't alone.

Distraction #3

Sao, Christine. Why must they be so pretty? I found Cello, but as expected, she wasn't alone. Sao and Christine were there. My they looked hot today. Cello's kind of cute, but her friends are prettier. (I refuse to apologize! Come on, you know it's true.)

It should've been the time to talk to Cello. But, her friends were so hot. I bet they were planning their weekend too. Ooo! Sao! Christine! My baby! My honey!

“Eww! Donger's staring at us again!” Sao shouted. I froze and saw them staring back at me. Christine wrinkled her nose.

“Yuck!” she said. Cello stared at me, curious. She waved as Christine threw an empty can at me.

“Go away!” she yelled. “Beat it!” I ran away, grinning. I love them so much!

Distraction #4

More cute girls and angry boyfriends! They have doubled in number today. To be honest, it's getting annoying. I needed to get back to my plan. Sadly, the distractions didn't stop.

At the end of the day, nothing got done. At home, I flopped back on my bed. Oh well, I still have tomorrow. Maybe I won't be distracted. I'm not going to even pretend to promise anything, though. The search for the truth about Cello continues.

Short Attention Span