Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cello Jello ❯ Vol. Ten: Chapter Twenty-Nine: Christine and Her Father ( Chapter 29 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Christine and Her Father

-Christine-

There are three things I can count on: my brothers acting stupid, the wine shop will bring in the black, and he's always going to call mom and me.

Yes, that guy.

His name is Konn and he's my dad. That's right. This is about that low life known as my father.

I rubbed my forehead.

Where to begin on him? Take Matsuo and Jin and mix them together. Yeah. Now turn that up to eleven. Yeah. Mom and I can't stand him. We have different reason and ways that we hate him. Let me tell you why.

I couldn't understand why mom loved him so much. Yes, yes, without him I wouldn't have been born. Blah, blah, blah, blah. That's not the point here. Konn-san has many problems. His main ones? Booze and women.

Let's get the women out of the way first.

He's always chased ass. I think it's a genetic thing. Konn-san had his eyes on all the ladies. He didn't even try to hide it. Mom knew what he was. He was flirting with other women when they met. He didn't slow down after they got married. Konn-san certainly didn't stay faithful. Mom doesn't play around. She would've left if she hadn't gotten pregnant. That's right, he didn't pull out. She ended up stuck with him. My parents did put an effort to make it work. I don't know how she put up with dad. I know that I can't. If I can't handle being around my brothers, I can't handle Konn-san. I'm amazed mom isn't doing life now. Needless to say, that marriage didn't last long. When Jin was only three, my parents finally got divorced and dad moved out. Mom's been on her own raising us.

Now what's my dad's other problem?

Alcohol.

Mom started her wine shop when she was younger. Dad helped her set up. The problem in the beginning? Besides money?

The alcohol itself.

If mom didn't have her eye on him, dad would've drunk more than half of the merch in the store. Locking up the bottles didn't help either. He knew how to find the key. Oh and Konn-san flirts even more when he was drunk. I would have to be the one to keep him from groping the women in the store. (Yes, I was a kid then. Matsuo played video games in his room the whole time. Slacker! He was a bum then and he's a bum now.)

The flirting and drinking led to divorce.

--------

Something isn't right today.

I haven't received a single call from him all day. I don't like this. What are you up to now, dad? I secretly kept my eyes on my phone. Has he decided to go after mom first this time? I wrinkled my nose. It wouldn't surprise me, given how persistent he was. Only one way to find out.

At lunch, I pulled out my phone on the roof. I walked around as the other line rang.

Come on, mom.

“Hello?” a man's voice asked. My eyes narrowed as I gritted my teeth.

“You!” I hissed.

“Hello? Christine? Christine, is that you?” he asked. I hung up, breathing hard. My fist trembled as I clenched my phone. Of course he would pull that! He can't let go of my mom. She doesn't want him back. Why can't he understand that? I could already see where this was headed. I don't want to go home tonight. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

Time to kick his ass out again. I turned stormed back into the building.

Perverted Bum