Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cello Jello ❯ Vol. Ten: Chapter Thirty: Christine and Her Boyfriends ( Chapter 30 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Christine and Her Boyfriends

-Christine-

I went back inside to find Isaiah and Sam waiting for me.

“Isaiah, Sam,” I said. “You waited up for me?”

“Yes!” my boys said. I smiled and shook my head.

“You guys,” I said. Isaiah tilted his head.

“Are you okay?” he asked. “You looked mad out there.” I shook my head.

“I'm fine,” I said. I've known these two since we were kids. They good people. The bell rang, making us look up.

“Oh,” Sam said. “We better get to class.”

“Do we have to?” I asked. “I don't feel like going to class today.”

“But you can't,” Sam said. “You already have too many warnings with Watanabe-sensei.”

“But…” I said, pouting.

“No buts!” Sam said. “Let's go!” He and Isaiah grabbed me by the arms and dragged me to class.

Isaiah and Sam came to Japan when they were kids. I met them in kindergarten. I remember that day well. Matsuo slipped juice on my favorite dress that morning. So I came to school angry. I just wanted to be left alone.

I was sitting alone in the corner looking pissed off when this little black boy walked up with a big grin on his face.

“Hi!” he said. I glared at him.

“Want to play?” this kid asked.

“No,” I said.

“Okay,” he said. But that little black boy didn't walk away. He came over and sat next to me.

“What are you doing?” I asked.

“It looks more fun over here,” that boy said.

“Go away,” I said. Instead, he sat on the floor next to me. Who was this kid? He looked up at me, grinning. I wanted to kick him so badly.

“What's wrong?” this kid asked.

“You,” I said.

“Why you mad?”

“You.”

“Why?”

“Shut up, already!”

That boy lay on his back and stared at me. “I'm Isaiah. What's your name?”

I puffed up my cheeks. “Go away!”

“Nope,” this kid said. I gritted my teeth. It was then I noticed this little white boy staring at us.

“What?!” I asked.

“What'cha doin'?” he asked.

“Nothing,” Isaiah said. This other kid smiled.

“That sounds fun!” he said. He sat on the floor next to me on the other side. Why didn't I walk away? To be honest, no idea. I just stood there frowning until playtime was over.

They didn't stop following me either. These guys… Wow. I will never understand them.

We made it to class on time. Here's another thing about these boys. They both have a thing for me. I think it's cute. They sometimes fight over me too. How do I feel about them? They are good people. Yeah. They are pretty cute. They have girls noticing them. Those hoes got nothing on me. I'm sure Isaiah and Sam could get girlfriends easily. They are good people after all.

“Hey, Chris,” Isaiah said.

“Yeah?” I asked at my desk.

“You busy this afternoon?”

I frowned and puffed up my cheeks. “No, Mama has me working the shop today.”

“Nightmare. What about Friday?”

I perked up. “I'm free then.”

“The arcade again?”

“Yep.”

“Nice.”

“Am I invited?” Sam asked. Isaiah rolled his eyes.

“Sure,” he grumbled. I sat back, smiling to myself. I need these two in my life. My dad and brothers drive me to want to kill somebody. Isaiah and Sam restore my sanity. It's all a nice balance in my life.

I'm going to be fine, thank you.

Good People