Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cello Jello ❯ Vol. Eleven: Chapter Thirty-Two: Christine and Her Boys ( Chapter 32 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Christine and Her Boys

She looked foreign. No wonder so many boys wanted her. Sam and Isaiah were no exception.

They waited for Christine in the hallway. For years, they competed for her affection. So far, the score was 0-0. Maybe today would be different.

“Good morning, Christine!” Sam and Isaiah greeted her.

“Morning,” she said back. This girl could rock a school uniform better than most of her female classmates. The boys swallowed their drool.

“Are you going to stand there, gawking?” Christine asked. Sam and Isaiah couldn't move. It's strange. They knew what they wanted to say earlier. But, she took away all of their words.

Christine waved her hand in front of their faces.

“Hello?” she asked. “Anyone home?” The boys didn't move with their jaws wide open. Their old friend tilted her head.

“Are you feeling okay?” she asked. The bell range, snapping them back into reality.

“What?” Isaiah asked.

“It's time for class,” Christine said. The boys stood with blank stares before the bell rang again. Sam and Isaiah had to run to keep up with her.

--------

Does Christine know how they feel about her? She has yet to comment. Cello didn't get it herself.

“Why do you play them like that?” she asked. The Italian-Korean girl turned to her at her desk.

“Hm?” she asked. Cello tried to think of how to word this.

“Well…” Cello said. “I think they really like you.”

“Oh?” Christine asked.

“I mean really like you.”

“Yes, I heard you the first time.” Christine flipped back her blonde hair.

“What about it?” she asked. Cello shifted her shoulders.

“Do you like them too?” she asked at last.

“Yeah,” Christine said. Her friend looked even more confused.

“Do you like them like them?” Cello asked. The girl with blonde hair laughed loud enough to call attention to herself.

“Oh no,” Christine said, waving her hand back and forth. “We're all just friends.” Cello tilted her head.

“Huh?” she asked. “Then why do you…?”

“Let them hit on me and compete over me?” Christine asked. Cello slowly nodded. Christine leaned back in her desk.

“I think it's cute, really,” she said.

“Then… why not pick one guy?” Cello asked.

“Because I would hurt the other guy's feelings if I picked one.”

“Then why not let them both them?”

“Do you think either Sam and Isaiah would take a hint?” Christine gave her sideways glance. Her friend lowered her eyes.

“I guess not…” Cello mumbled.

“Exactly.” The Italian-Korean girl pushed her bangs from her eyes. “Besides, I kind of like how the way things are now. Why would I want to change that?” Cello felt more confused than before as the next period started.

--------

By the end of the day, Sam and Isaiah were back at their idol's side. Just the way Christine likes it. She put her arms around their shoulders.

“Shall we get going?” their idol asked.

“Yes!” Sam and Isaiah cheered. The trio left school and headed into the city just like they normally did.

Maybe the boys will get lucky. Maybe not.

Semi-Love Triangle