Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cello Jello ❯ Vol. Eleven: Chapter Thirty-Three: Cherry Cello ( Chapter 33 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Cherry Cello

There was one spot of sanity in Cello's life.

Damon came up behind her and placed his hands over her eyes. Cello broke into a little smile as she giggled.

“Hello, Damon,” she said. She turned to see her boyfriend smiling at her.

“Good morning,” Damon said. His smile made her heart melt. It felt good to be around sane people for a change.

“Good morning,” Cello said back. Her cheeks flushed a light pink. They had recently started dating and she still acted shy around him. Their union began awkwardly.

-One Month Earlier-

Cello admired him from afar. Damon. Could such a boy exist in reality? She put her hand to her chest.

Damon…

A heavy arm around her shoulders brought her back to reality. Against her better judgement, Cello turned her head. Sao flashed a great big grin at her.

“Yo!” she said. Cello laughed nervously.

“Sao!” she said. “What are you doing here?” Already, she feared that her wild friend would try and seduce her crush. Cello looked around for an escape.

“Just hanging around,” Sao said. She looked out the window. When her eyes caught a glimpse of Damon talking to his friends, she whistled.

“Oh! Who's that handsome boy over there?” she asked.

“No one!” Cello yelped. Sao had a cat-like face of intrigue.

“Oh?” she asked. “Is he your crush?” Her poor friend's face became redder.

“It's not like that!” she cried. Sao smiled and shrugged.

“Ah, I see,” she said. “Then can I have him?” Cello's eyes widened as she whipped her head around.

“What?! No!” she yelped. He friend raised her eyebrow.

“Hm?” she asked.

“You can't have him!” Cello blurted out.

“Why not?” Sao asked. The shyer girl trembled as her eyes shifted back and forth.

“Because… he's mine!” she yelped. Oh crap! Why did I say that?! She's going to know I'm lying! What do I do? What do I do?!

“Is that right?” Sao asked.

“Yes!” Cello yelped. She marched away to the fountain outside. Damon and his friends looked like they were having a good time laughing and talking. Cello froze in her tracks and trembled. She could feel Sao's eyes on her back. Why did that all come out? Why? Why?!

Too late now.

Cello swallowed her pride and walked forward. Damon and his friends went quiet when they looked up. Cello stood inches away with the expression of someone locked out of their house, naked. She opened her mouth, but no words came out.

“H-H-Hi!” the poor girl said with a trembling, high-pitched yelp. Damon tilted his head.

“Are you feeling okay?” he asked. Cello's face turned bright red.

“No!” she cried. “I like you, but I did something so stupid!” The friends looked at each other confused.

“Say what?” Damon asked. Cello shut her eyes.

“I really, really like you!” she cried. She turned and ran away.

“Wait!” Damon yelled. His voice was too far away to be heard.

-Present Day-

“Hey, Cello-chan,” Damon said.

“Yes?” his girl asked.

“Are you doing anything Saturday?” he asked. A happy chill ran down her spine.

“N-No,” Cello said. He gently patted her on the head.

“Would you like to go out on a date with me?” he asked. Instead of running around, squealing, Cello bowed her head.

“Yes,” she said.

“I'll pick you up at noon,” Damon said. They parted ways when the bell rang. Cello walked down the hall, smiling. Maybe she could handle Sao and Christine's crazy today. Maybe…

Sanity and Love