Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cello Jello ❯ Vol. Twelve: Chapter Thirty-Four: Mom, Cello, and Damon ( Chapter 34 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Mom, Cello, and Damon

Cello dreaded this moment. Damon opened Pandora's box with six words.

“I want to meet your mom,” he said. Cello looked like she had been hit by a bus.

“What?!” she cried. All of the color drained from her face.

“I want to meet your mom,” Damon said. “You've met my family already. Why can't I meet yours?” Cello nervously laughed and rubbed the back of her head.

“You don't have to do that,” she said.

“No,” Damon said. “I want to.”

“Are you sure?” Cello asked.

“Yes,” he said. His girlfriend tried desperately not to look she wanted to run away. Sadly, her discomfort slipped through with her right eye twitching.

“Is something wrong?” Damon asked.

“No!” Cello was quick to say. “Why would you ask?”

“Your eye is twitching.”

“Is it?”

“Yes.”

“Oh…” Why did he have to ask about her mom? Cello found stability in Damon. The last thing she needed was to lose it after her boyfriend met Makoto. If she could, the two would never meet.

“Are you sure you're okay?” Damon asked. Cello quickly shook her head.

“It's not a good idea!” she yelped. Her boyfriend raised his eyebrow.

“Why not?” he asked.

My mom is crazy, that's why!” Cello shouted.

“We all have crazy family members.”

His girlfriend shook her head. “You don't understand! My mom is really crazy! She's that embarrassing!”

“We all have embarrassing relatives in our families.”

“But she's worse. Trust me, you don't want to do this.”

Damon looked at her with angelic eyes. “Please? She can't be that bad.” Why did he have to be so innocent? Cello dropped her head. He had no idea…

----------

-Saturday-

Cello looked like she was walking up to an execution. Damon held her hand as they stood in front of her door. Maybe, Makoto will be out with Doll Face and Nancy. Maybe, they could avoid this altogether.

Cello drew in a deep breath and unlocked the door. To her dismay, Makoto say on the living room couch with an open beer can in her hand.

“Hi sweetie!” she shouted with a huge grin. Cello thought that she was going to die. No!

“Hello, Nogi-san,” Damon said. Cello buried her face. Her mother stared at him with red cheeks as she hiccupped.

“Who's this?” Makoto asked.

“Damon,” Cello mumbled through her hand.

“Damon who?” her mom asked. The young man held up his girlfriend's hand. Makoto broke down giggling.

“Ooo!” she cooed. “Way to go, Cello-chan!”

“Mom!” her daughter wailed.

“Nice to meet you, Nogi-san,” Damon said, bowing. Makoto jumped up from the couch and hugged him wildly.

“You are so cute!” she yelled in his ear. The young man nervously laughed.

“Uh… Thanks, I guess?” he said, wincing. Makoto turned to Cello who looked like she was ready to run away.

“Hey, Cello-chan,” the drunk woman slurred out. Her daughter looked up at the ceiling.

“What is it, mom?” she reluctantly asked. Makoto came within inches of her face.

“Have you and this handsome boy here… done it yet?” she asked. Damon and Cello's faces turned bright red.

“No!” Cello shouted. Her mother pouted.

“You make me sad,” she said.

“I'm not slutty like you!” her daughter shouted. “I actually want a relationship not based on sex!” Makoto made a face as she tried not to laugh before turning back to Damon.

“What?” the teenaged boy asked. Makoto began rubbing on his chest and shoulders while giggling. All of the color drained from her face.

“Uh… What are you doing?” Damon asked, shifting his eyes from side to side. Makoto gave him a cat-like grin.

“I could teach you some tricks in bed,” she said. “I'm really good at -hic- keeping men satisfied. That's how I met Cello's daddy before he left me for his secretary.” The drink woman stuck out her lower lip and pouted.

“I am so lonely,” Makoto whispered. She licked Damon on the ear. Cello broke down, screaming.

“Stop it, mom!” she cried. “You are embarrassing yourself! This harassment!””

“Aw, what?” Makoto asked. “I'm just joking around.”

“Get off of him!” her daughter shouted. Cello pushed her mother off of Damon and grabbed him by the hand. She ran out the door with her boyfriend before Makoto could say a word.

---------

“I am so sorry!” Cello cried as she bowed. “This was why I didn't want you to meet my mom!” She glanced up to see the look on Damon's face. Her boyfriend reached out and patted her on the head.

“Hm?” Cello asked. Damon kindly smiled.

“It's okay,” he said. “You've showed me the worst in your life.” His girlfriend stared at him with big eyes. She opened her mouth, but he put his finger to her lips. The girl still looked confused as he kissed her on the lips.

He hadn't met her friends yet.

Trial One