Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cello Jello ❯ Vol. Twelve: Chapter Thirty-Five: Friends, Cello, and Damon ( Chapter 35 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Friends, Cellos, and Damon

Sao and Christine knew of Damon. But they never met him. So far, Cello had done her best to keep it that way.

Too bad that effort ended today.

During lunch, Sao walked over to Cello's desk. The grin on her face had Cello panicked.

What is she plotting now?

“Hiya!” Sao said, waving. Cello forced herself to smile.

“Hello, Sao,” she said. Her friend propped her elbows onto the desk.

“So when are we going to meet Damon?” she asked. The meek girl froze with her chopsticks in hand.

“Why?” she asked.

“I heard he's really cute,” Sao said. “Everyone talks about you two together.” Cello's eyes widened.

“They do?” she asked. Sao nodded.

“They wonder how you got him,” she said. Her friend nervously laughed.

“That sounds more like it,” Cello muttered. She looked and saw the other girl grinning.

“Please don't do that,” she pleaded. “You're creeping me out.”

“Aw, don't be like that, Cello-chan,” Sao whimpered. “We just want to meet this legendary boyfriend of yours. Is that too much to ask?”

“I doubt that he's that legendary,” her meek friend muttered. She couldn't stop replaying the day Damon met her mom. Ever since then, Makoto wouldn't stop going on about him.

“Your boyfriend's really cute,” she told Cello almost every morning.

“Thanks,” her daughter said with clenched teeth. Did Makoto have to be obsessed over Damon? Cello rubbed her forehead.

“Something wrong?” Sao asked. Her friend shook her head.

“No,” Cello lied. She lowered her head. “You want to meet Damon-kun that badly?”

“Yes,” he wild friend answered. “Please?” Cello threw back her head and groaned.

“Fine,” she said. “You can meet him.” Sao looked like she would fly away.

“Yay!” she cheered. “Let's do a group date this Friday!”

“Wait, what?!” Cello yelled. Sao grabbed her by the hands.

“This is exciting!” she said. Cello broke into a nervous laughter. I knew this was a bad idea, she thought.

--------

-Friday Afternoon-

Cello and Damon stood at the crosswalk light. He had a positive attitude, but her not so much. Maybe she could make up an excuse later on to get her and Damon out of this group date. Cello froze when her boyfriend took her by her hand. She turned her head. Damon's smile melted her heart. He could make a bad day much better. Maybe, we can make it through this, she thought.

“Yoo-hoo!” someone yelled. Cello about jumped as she looked up. Sao stood across the street, flagging them down. She stood with her boyfriend, Adam, Christine, and her boys. Cello gulped.

And here we go, she thought. Cello and Damon walked across the street. Sao grinned and whirled around.

“You made it!” she exclaimed. Cello lowered her head.

“Yeah…” she mumbled. Sao's eyes shifted to Damon standing next to her friend. She gave off a low whistle.

“Oh!” she cooed. “So this is the famous Damon.” Cello's boyfriend laughed off the label.

“That's me,” he said. His girl forced herself to smile. Sao and Christine bowed.

“I'm Sao,” the dark-haired girl said.

“I'm Christine,” the blonde girl said. “Thanks for taking care of our friend.”

“You're welcome,” Damon said. “I'm Damon.” Sao stood up.

“Oh yeah,” she said. “This is my love, Adam. And those are Christine's boys, Sam and Isaiah.”

“Hey,” the boys said to each other. Sao clapped her hands.

“Great!” she said. “We're all here. Let's get going!”

“Where?” Celle asked. Sao grinned as she flashed the V-sign.

“You'll have to see,” she said. Her meek friend tried desperately not to look like she wanted to run away.

---------

To Cello's relief, the group wound up at a karaoke bar. Christine and Sao sang most of the songs. Cello and Damon sat off in the corner. He clapped at the singing while she kept her eyes down.

“Your friends have so much energy,” Damon said. Cello glanced at her boyfriend.

“Yeah,” she said. “They can be a headache at times.”

“I don't mind them that much,” he said. Cello turned to him with her jaw to the floor.

“What do you mean?” she asked. He gently patted her on the head.

“Your life with your mom and friends sounds that lively.”

“You think so?”

“To me, they seem to make your life more interesting.”

Cello broke into nervous laughter inside. He has no idea…

After the songs, Sao and Christine held out their mics.

“Come on, Cello-chan!” they said. Cello sat up straight, shaking her head.

“Oh no,” she was quick to say.

“Oh come on!” Christine said.

“I can't sing,” Cello said.

“It doesn't matter!” Sao said. “Just get up and sing!”

“But…” the meek girl said. Damon nudged her on the arm.

“Come on, I wouldn't mind one song from you,” he said. Cello looked around at all eyes on her. She finally dropped her shoulders and sighed.

“Fine,” Cello said. The party cheered as she walked up to stage. The girl drew in a deep breath and selected her song of choice.

Trial Two