Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cello Jello ❯ Vol. Thirteen: Chapter Thirty-Seven: Flight Plans ( Chapter 37 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Flight Plans

Cello can't take this anymore. She hated this mad world she stuck in. Damon became her light, but it wasn't enough anymore. Cello grabbed her head.

“Gah! I can't take this anymore!” she cried. “I have to get out of here!”

“Something wrong?” Makoto asked. Cello gritted her teeth.

“No,” she lied. The girl heavily breathed in as she dropped her hands. This won't change, will it? Cello frowned.

She had no choice.

--------

“What do you want to do after high school?” her counselor asked the next day. Cello shrugged.

“I don't know,” she said. The counselor raised her eyebrow.

“You don't know?” she asked. Cello shook her head.

“I want to get away from here,” she said. “There's nothing for me here.”

“What college do you want to go to?” the counselor asked.

“I don't know.”

“Are you going to work when you finish school?”

“I don't know.”

“What about career aspirations?”

Cello frowned. “I don't know.” She watched the counselor take more notes. The pen movements made on her notepad. Then came that question.

“What do you want to do with your life?” the woman asked. Cello stared at her with big eyes.

“I… I don't know,” she mumbled. Cello looked down at the coffee table.

“How can you leave home without a plan?” the counselor asked. Cello played with her hands.

“I have to get out of here! They are driving me crazy!” she said. “I have to get out of there!”

“What?” the counselor asked. Cello leaned across the table.

“I'm afraid I'll snap!” she said. “I can't take it anymore! I have to get out! I have to! Please? Can't you help me?” The poor girl grabbed the counselor by the hands.

“Uh…” the woman said, blinking. Cello gave her puppy dog eyes for good measure. The counselor sighed.

“There's only so much I can do…” she said. The girl stared at her.

“Okay,” the counselor said. “I'll help you!” Cello perked up as she hugged the stressed woman.

“Thank you!” she cried. “Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!” The counselor had a look of unease on her face. What did I just agree to? A sweat drop formed on her head.

Run, Girl, Run