Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Executive Plan ❯ Vol. One: Chapter two: Job Shift ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Job Shift
*J.D.*
It all started with an e-mail. I had been working at Kitty Yin-Yang Computers for three weeks now. So far, it's a piece of cake. I had made so new friends. My relationship with my boss girlfriend was sooth sailing. Having Kimi as my boss and girlfriend wasn't so bad after all. In fact, that role played out perfectly well in the bedroom. I was on top of my work. I even got to make a few new programs. Life started to look up for me. The awkward feast had come to past. Or so I believed.
I was working on a new writing computer program for the latest model, Nama 3000, when the little screen panda walked across with a letter in its paws. “You've got mail!” it shouted. Hm, what is this? I clicked on the letter. You have 1 new message. The address was from divaboss@aol.jp. I knew right away it was from Kimi. I was overjoyed. She only e-mailed me for work or a hot date. I couldn't wait to she what it was. I betted on a hot date. Calm down! Just open the damn message! Instead all I got was this:
 
J.D.:
 
We need to talk. Meet me on the roof.
Kimi
 
I felt my stomach drop in worry. Nothing good ever follows those words. But it had been so good for these past few days. What could have gone wrong? Calm down! She might just want to talk to you. There was only one way to find out. I took in a deep breath, rose from my chair, and walked down the hall.
I found Kimi standing near the fence on the roof. Tall buildings have fencing to keep people from jumping off. My hot boss was staring out at the view below. I silently walked up next to her. “Hey there baby girl,” I said casually as I lightly put my arm around her tiny shoulders. “What is the problem?” Kimi didn't look at me. “I'm pregnant.” she said in a low voice. Those two are always a blow below the belt. “WHAT?!?” I yelled out in shock. She turned to me with a serious face. “I'm pregnant by two weeks.” Kimi repeated. I was trapped in shock. “You can't be pregnant! I used a condom! Those things are supposed to work!” I yelled out. Kimi handed me her pregnancy test. The results were positive. My boss girlfriend was pregnant! “Is… the baby…. mine?” I asked. “Of course it is!” Kimi snapped. “Are you keeping the baby?” I asked nervously. Kimi stood nervously. “I… don't know…” she trailed off.
I just held her hand. “Don't worry.” I whispered. “I will take care of you.” She still didn't look at me. “Don't leave me.” Kimi said in a faint voice. I held her close to me. “I won't.” I whispered. Then, I lightly kissed her on the head. Kimi just fought back her tears.
We spend a few seconds longer on the roof in silence. We went our separate ways down the stairs. Just try to act like things are normal. Maybe things will pass over. Well, things with Don and Justin don't go unnoticed. I made it to the lounge. Just act normal! I felt all eyes upon me. I looked up to see all eyes were on me! I felt sick. Just relax. Maybe they don't suspect a thing. A little did I know!
Justin and Don looked up at me. My heart skipped a beat. Here comes the real test! They took either side of me. Play it cool! Justin leaned into me. “Tell me,” he whispered. “What was it like with Kimi?” I became stiff as a board. “I don't want to talk about it.” I answered quickly. Justin looked hurt. “Aw, come on.” he said innocently. “Why bother hiding it? Everyone knows you and her did it! Unless that was a bluff…” My cheeks reddened in sickness. “NO! WE DID ACTUALLY SLEEP TOGETHER!!!” I cried out. “So spill the details.” Justin pushed harder. I wanted to run away right there, but my feet were frozen to the hard cold floor. “No.” I said again.
Justin kept his face. “Don't tell me the sex was lousy.” he said sounding disappointed. “You'll step on my fantasies!” “Leave him, Justin!” Elliot yelled out. “Stay out of it!” Don shot back. “Come on, spill it!” Ron called out. I felt myself getting crushed under the pressure. Please let something let up!
“Hey!” someone called. Everyone looked up. The main boss stood in the doorway. He had a heavy scowl on his face. The big man scanned the room hard and long. “Your breaks ended minutes ago! Get back to work!” he yelled. Everyone scattered back to his or her stations. A smile finally came upon my face. I could kiss you right now chief! “Kravitz-san!” the big man snapped. I crashed back to reality. The chief's eyes narrowed me sharply. An icy cold sweat formed on my nape and back. My tongue was frozen stiff. I pointed to myself. “Yes you!” Chief boomed. “Get back to work!” I nodded and raced back to station.
I sat at my computer for the rest of the day in a daze. I could barely focus now. The news had blown me away. Kimi was pregnant. I was going to be a father. I wasn't ready for that! And the fact the guys are still pressing me for information about what Kimi's like in bed doesn't help me at all. I could barely sit still. My world was thrown into vertigo. What was I going to do?
Then, I felt someone lightly touch my shoulder. I slowly looked up. My angel was standing over me smiling. Suddenly, I felt as if a heavy cloud of worry was lifted away from me. The sun was shining high above my head. “Ready to go home?” she asked me. “Yeah.” I said in joy. “I sure am!” Kimi kept smiling. “Let's go.” she chirped. Then I leapt up from my chair lighting fast, save and closed my work, shut down the computer and took my girlfriend by the hand. Kimi tittered. “A little eager there, aren't you?” she asked sweetly. “Anything for you!” I practically sang out in joyous vigour. “Now, now.” Kimi said calmly. “Get all of that out of your system before we get home tonight.” “Okay.” I said softly. But doing so was just so difficult. Kimi saw this and just sighed happily. “Come on, you.” she said. Then we headed back to my apartment. Maybe, being father wasn't as bad as it looked.
Father of Mine