Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Executive Plan ❯ Vol. One: Chapter three: Kristen + Justin ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Kristen and Justin
*J.D.*
Kimi's pregnancy has thrown me for a loop here. I… I just don't know what to say. I'm just at a loss for words. I don't even know what to say next for you guys. So, I'm just back off for a moment.
*Kristen*
I sat near the lobby waiting. I tried my best to look pretty today. Why am I doing this? It's a simple answer really. Today is his shift. I always get excited when he works on the same days I do. But, he comes in later however. So, I have to wait. It doesn't bother me though. I kill time by people-watching. And that starts… right… now…
The clock hit eight after one second. The doors opened for the day. J.D. walked in first. He seems worried about something. I wonder what's wrong.
“Hey J.D.!” I called out to me. He paused and turned to me.
“Oh hi, Kristen,” he said in a worried tone as he gave me a little wave. I looked at him in equal concern.
“What's the matter?” I asked him. He just shook his head at me.
“Nothing,” he replied. “I'm fine right now.” I didn't believe, but I kept quiet.
“Okay,” I replied. Then, he walked away. Strange… Next up came Elliot. She's like a big sister to me. Elliot always looks out for me. She may be a bit crazy at times. But, she means well. I smiled and waved at her.
“Hey Elliot!” I called out. She turned to me and waved.
“Hey girl!” she replied. Then, my sister looked me up and down. “What's the special occasion?” I looked really cute today. I had on my favorite black carpis with the rhinestone butterflies on the cuffs, white dressy sleeveless shirt, black platform heels, and a cute pink butterfly clip in my hair. I wore that with my sapphire charm necklace, bracelet, ring, and toe rings. I even had my toenails painted a light blue. I looked great today! I blushed and looked away from Elliot.
“Oh nothing!” I said quickly. “Just felt like dressing up today!” Elliot didn't seem to believe me at all.
“Are you waiting for him?” she asked me. I looked up at that right away. Am I that obvious? I quickly shook my head.
“No!” I said quickly. “Why would I wait for that jerk?” Again, she didn't believe me. My sister shook her head me. My face dropped at that one. Am I that obvious? What is she, a human lit detector or something? She's creeping me out today!
“Look,” she said. “I just don't want you to get your heartbroken by him, that's all.” I narrowed my eyes at her.
“What are you implying?” I asked her. “Are you saying that I am stupid enough to fall for him in the first place?” Elliot gave me that look of pity that she does when she thinks I'm going to end doing something stupid. I slowly became annoyed.
“Don't give me that look!” I snapped at her. Elliot looked at me confused.
“What look?” she asked. I glared at her coldly.
“That look like you think I'll mess up again!” I answered strongly. Elliot sighed at me like a mother. She sat down next to me on the bench. She lightly put her arm around my shoulders.
“I just don't want you to get hurt,” my sister explained. I looked at her coldly again. Her words just sound insulting to me this morning. But, I forced myself to rise above. It's not worth getting upset of today. He might come in and see me. I can't let him see me being a bitch. That's just not me. I managed a little smile at Elliot.
“Don't worry!” I said calmly to her. “I will be careful.” My sister looked at me in concern. She still doesn't believe me at all.
“Do you promise?” Elliot asked me. I sighed to her.
“Yes!” I called out loud. “I will be fine! Now go on to work!” Elliot looked me as me as she slowly rose to her feet. I showed her off.
“Go!” I called out. “I'll be fine! Just go!” She turned and let. I turned back to the door and waited. Don, Marcus, Mandy, Ron, Ronda, Kimi, Rose, and them all came in one by one. I greeted them like so. They asked about my clothes for today. I just smiled and shrugged them off.
“I just felt like dressing like this today,” I would say to them. They would just walk on to work. Mandy stayed on to question me as well. Like Eliot, Mandy is like another sister to me. She too questioned if I was going to head for another heartbreak or not. I assure her that I would be fine. She didn't believe me either. I received another lecture about how I should be careful and he's no good for me. Again I said I would be fine and made her go onto work. Why can't Elliot and Mandy believe me would I say that I'm going to fine with him? They don't seem to trust my judgment at all. Don't know why! I have a good judgment in character.
Finally, he started coming to the door. Justin Cox began walking through the door. He is the resident bad boy of Kitty Yin-Yang Computers. I know he's danger to my sensitive heart, but I can't help but to stay away from him. I straightened myself up some. I sat up straighter for him to notice me again. Justin walked in saw me.
“Hi Justin!” I called out happily to him. “You look really hot today!” He stared at me for a moment. He looked me up and down for a few seconds. I waited for him nervously. My heart began racing. Oh! He's checking me out! I feel like I'm in school now! I hope I get a good mark today! Justin smirked at me at last. My heart goes into triple time now. Please say something good! Please say something good! Please say something good!
“What's with the painted toe nails?” he asked aloud.
“I thought they were cute,” I replied. “Besides, light blue is my favorite color!” Silence passed between us. Justin finally laughed out loud to me. I looked at him beginning to feel hurt again.
“What's so funny?” I asked him with my usual good girl innocence I'm famous for. Justin grinned that devilish grin at me.
“Those look ugly!” he called out. “Painted toe tails are ugly on anyone. You're lucky you have half-decent looking feet! Otherwise, you would screwed!” Justin walked away laughing. I hung my head in defeat. He shot me down again.
I spent the whole day in a slump. I know Elliot and Mandy will tell that they told me so later. They warned me. But, I didn't listen. I always get crushed by him. Why do I always set myself up for that? I know I end up hurt by him. But yet, I always try to get him to look at me. I don't why. Maybe there is something inside of me that is attracted to bad boys so much. I can't say and I don't really know. But, Justin is like an addiction to me. I just can't quit him. No matter how much I try, I just can't avoid him. Something inside of me is determined to change Justin into a good man. I just won't give up on him. I will have him as my boyfriend and he will be good to me! Just wait and see!
Hold My Hand