Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Executive Plan ❯ Vol. Two: Chapter Four: Shot Gun Bells ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Shot Gun Bells
*J.D.*
I have made up my mind. I'm going to get to know Kimi and marry her before the baby is born. It's the right thing to do after all. But how do I purpose to her? And should I tell my co-workers before or after the baby is born? I'll talk about with Kimi first. Speaking of which, I ran into her after work yesterday. She seemed to be in a hurry to her car. I happily walked over to her.
“Hey Kimi!” I called out to her. My girlfriend whirled around to me in surprise. I smiled at her still. My love calmed down some.
“Oh J.D.,” she said. “It's you.”
“Of course!” I called out. “Who else would it be?” She looked away smiling a little bit. I began to play with her reddish black hair. Her eyes turned back to me. She has such beautiful light hazel eyes. I began to think about what are our baby would be like. I hope they have Kimi's eyes. I hope Kimi keeps the baby. Come to think of it, we haven't made a decision on that either. That's on my list of things to talk about with my baby's mother. Kimi looked at me slightly confused.
“J.D.,” she spoke up. “Did you want something?” I quickly returned to Earth. It took a moment to register all of that question.
“Huh?” I asked. My girlfriend looked at me with those sweet eyes of hers.
“Do you want anything?” she asked me again. The question slowly came together in my mind at last. I nodded at her quickly. I tightly took her hands into mine. She looked surprised at my sudden gesture.
“Yes actually!” I said at last. “You doing anything now?”
“No, why?” my girlfriend asked. I smiled at her overjoyed.
“Great!” I answered. “Let's go out to eat somewhere!” Kimi looked at me with big eyes.
“Really?” she asked. “Now?”
“Yeah!” I said asked again. “So what do you say?” She seemed to say no at first. I hoped that she wouldn't. I *really* need to talk to her. Our baby and our future is really important to me! I can't sit by and do nothing about it! Kimi relaxed with a smile on her face.
“Okay,” she said at last. “We can go out to eat together.” I became overjoyed at her answer.
“Thanks baby!” I called to her. I kissed her on the lips. I couldn't help, but to get the feeling she was nervous about something. Oh well! We'll sort it out over dinner. Or on the way there. Whichever one comes first. The drive out of the parking lot started out as a quiet one. I waited for the right moment to talk. Fortunately for me, Kimi broke the ice as usual between us.
“So where do you want to eat?” she asked me once we got out of the parking lot. I thought about that for a moment. Oh great! You invited her out somewhere and you don't even know where you're eating! Nice one, genius! Not to worry. I knew how to fix this little problem.
“Wherever you want to go,” I said. “Whatever you want, I will support you no matter.” Kimi kept her eyes on the road.
“Okay then,” she spoke up. “We'll have some Italian tonight.” I gave her a little shrug as I nodded.
“Okay,” I said to her. “Your choice. I'm going be happy no matter you choice. Rather it's food or babies, I'll support you until the very end. Why? Because I love you no matter what! I love you and will stand by you through everything!” Kimi raised in eyebrow in the rear view mirror.
“Are you implying something?” she asked me. I froze up for a quick second. Am I that obvious? Oh well, must keep going! I sat there looking pale.
“Am I that obvious?” I asked her.
“Yes,” Kimi replied. “What do you want? Come right out and say it!” I sighed in slight defeat. Might as well say it now.
“Are you going to keep the baby or not?” I asked outright. We pulled up to a red light and stopped. Kimi didn't speak at first. I waited for a reply. My boss girlfriend took in a deep breath.
“Yes J.D.,” she replied. “I'm keeping the baby!” I sighed out in happy relief.
“That's good to know,” I said. I felt so much better that I let the question slip of my mouth.
“Will you marry me?” I asked her without thinking. She looked at me with wide eyes. My girlfriend was so shocked that her foot slipped off of the break. We nearly rear-ended the car in front of us. My girl luckily put her foot back on the break again.
“Whoa! Careful!” I called out. “You don't want to kill all three of us now, do you?” Kimi shook her head nervously.
“Anyway,” I said. “Will you marry me?” My girl couldn't speak at first. I waited patiently for her answer. Uh-oh! I think I might have acted too soon on that one…
“Why?!?” was all she could say at last. I shrugged a bit.
“Cause,” I said. “I just feel it's right for this baby to be born legitimate.” Kimi gave me a nervous little smile.
“But we haven't dated that long!” she protested. “And besides…” Her voice trailed off. I looked at her out of curiosity.
“Besides what?” I asked her. She shook her head at me.
“You don't really know me that well!” my girlfriend wailed out. I shrugged again.
“Okay,” I said. “So can I get to know you before we get married and the baby is born?” Kimi bit her lip nervously. I could tell she was hiding something from me. I wondered what. Before I could ask what was what, the light changed green. Kimi drive away right on cue. I sat back in silence. We didn't talk for the rest of the trip and dinner. But don't worry! I won't quit. This is only a minor set-back. I will get Kimi to marry me and this baby to born legitimately. Just you watch! I know I can do it. Just wait and see my friends! Just wait and see!
I Will Follow