Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Executive Plan ❯ Vol. Two: Chapter Six: Please Tell Me Now ( Chapter 6 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Please Tell Me Now
*J.D.*
I just can't understand Kimi. We're supposed to be having a baby together. But yet, she won't tell me much about herself. I keep trying to break her down, but nothing works. I'm slowly running out of ideas here. I need to talk to somebody. But how can I do that without giving too much away?
Another start to the work day. I stared blankly at my computer. This whole baby-thing is distracting. Kimi refuses to talk about and tell me what's on her mind and I don't have anywhere else to turn to. I threw back my head and puffed out my cheeks. This just loves to get harder for me.
Suddenly, a round, black face came into my vision. I blinked for a few seconds.
“Huh?” I asked. The face grinned and waved at me.
“Hey J.D.!” it said. I stared on for a good few seconds.
“Hey Don,” I sighed. He gave me a funny look when he noticed my face.
“What's on your mind?” he asked. I lowered my shoulders.
“Stuff,” I said.
He raised an eyebrow at me. “What kind of stuff?”
I took a quick look around me. Good, everyone is buried in their work at the moment. I turned back to my new work friend.
“Not here,” I whispered. Don still gave me a puzzled look.
“Why?” he asked.
“Just come on,” I whispered. I grabbed onto Don's arm and dragged him out of the room before he had a chance to speak. He looked around with a blank face the whole time.
We came out to the employee lounge. This place, I came to learn rather quickly, is the all-boys club. The walls had been painted black two weeks ago. Geek culture ruled this room. Where Kimi and I had the rooftop to talk on, this is where I could talk to Don and Justin in peace. Well, mostly Don, but you get the point. I took him over to the window and paused to catch my breath. He still didn't know what was going on.
“Why did we have to come all that way out here?” he asked. “Why couldn't you tell me out there?” I shook my head at him.
“I have a problem,” I said. “A big problem.”
“Oh…” Don said. “How bad?” I swallowed as I shuffled my feet.
“Really bad,” I said in a yelp. I leaned in close to my work-friend. “How much do you know about Kimi?”
“Our manager?” Don asked. I nodded at him. My friend still looked at me funny.
“Why?” he asked.
“Well…” I began. Don smiled at me.
“Oh, are you in love with the manager?” he asked.
“Maybe…” I said. “I really want to take things to the next level.”
“Why?” he asked.
“I really do love her, but she won't tell me anything about her,” I went on.
“How long have you too been together?” Don asked. I counted back in my head at the weeks Kimi and I “dated.” I made a face as I kept thinking.
“About six weeks,” I said.
“Six weeks?” Don asked. I gave him a sheepish nod. He looked away for a little bit. I noticed him biting his lower lip.
“What?” I asked. He didn't want to speak at first. That should've been my cue to shut up, but I pressed on anyway.
“You think I'm being a fool, don't you?” I asked. Don threw up his hands at me.
“I didn't say that,” he said.
“Shut up!” I said. “You're looking at me like that.” He shrugged at me as he bit his lip again.
“Go to the level as in what?” he asked.
“Well,” I said. “Just moving in together.”
“Move in together?” Don asked. “With our manager?” I nodded at him as serious as I could. He tried not to laugh at me. I blinked at him.
“What?” I asked. It took Don a moment to calm down long enough to talk to me. Something told me that I wasn't going to enjoy where this was heading.
“Why are you in such a rush?” he asked. “It's not like you knocked up her or anything!” Don chuckled at me again. I stared at him dead serious. Don stopped laughing and stared back at me.
“You knocked her up?” he asked. I could feel the color draining from my face as I nodded. Don went dead-on silence.
“Oh,” he said. “That's not good. What are you going to do?” I shrugged at him.
“I have no idea,” I replied. “She won't talk to me.”
“Oh dawg,” he said. “And you don't really know anything about her?” I shook my head at him.
“Nah,” he said.
“Oh dawg,” Don said again.
“Yeah,” I said. “But I'm not giving up.” Don pressed his lips together and shook his head.
“Good luck with that, man,” he said. I forced myself to smile the best that I could.
“I just wish she would just quit dodging my questions,” I said.
“Sorry to hear that,” Don replied. I nodded to him. Alas, it all just keeps getting my complicated for me. And I had no idea that my headache would be treading on to getting worse with Kimi and the baby.
Can't say I wish I could take it all back, though.
I Want to Know What You're Thinking