Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Executive Plan ❯ Vol. Three: Chapter Seven: Wreckoning ( Chapter 7 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Wreckoning
-J.D.-
I don’t understand her. Kimi won’t tell me anything about herself. We’re supposed to be having a baby together and I still don’t know much about her. I tried asking about her, but she keeps dodging my question. It makes me wonder what she is trying to hide from me. I sat back on my couch. If she wasn’t going to tell me herself, then I figured that I would talk to everyone else in the company. I prepared my questions for tomorrow.
However, that turned out to be easier said than done.
Not that many people knew much about her either.
“She came to Tokyo from Osaka, I think,” Kristen said.
“She doesn’t talk much about herself,” Turk told me.
“She doesn’t even hang out with us,” Justin said. Nobody knew that much about Kimi in the first place. I sat at my desk and took a little bit think about my mission. Maybe I’m working this from the wrong angle. I probably need to talk to people that have been at this company longer. I then decided to go to the big boss and talk to him.
I came down to Doug’s office early the next morning and knocked on the door.
“Enter,” he said inside. I slid open the door and peeked inside.
“Excuse me,” I said as I bowed and went inside. Doug sat at his desk, looking at some paperwork. He glanced up at me and straightened his glasses.
“J.D.,” he said, “How can I help you?” I slid the door closed behind me and looked him in the eye.
“It’s about Kimi,” I spoke up. Doug raised an eyebrow at me.
“What about her?” he asked, “Are you having problems with her?” I quickly shook my head.
“No, no,” I brushed off, “I just want to know more about her.” The manager blinked at me.
“You want to know more about her?” he asked.
“Yeah,” I replied, “Does she have any family? Where did she come from? What schools did she go to?” Doug took off his glasses.
“Shouldn’t you be asking Kimi these questions?” he asked. I shook my head at him.
“She won’t tell me anything,” I said, “Every time I ask, she keeps dodging my questions.” I noticed the grim look on his face. “What?” I asked.
“Just…” he began. I tilted my head at him.
“What?” I asked. Doug calmly shook his head. He didn’t speak for what felt like a good five seconds.
“Don’t you think she might be hiding these from you for a reason?” he asked without missing a beat at last. I gave him a blank expression as I shook my head.
“That can’t be!” I said, “I mean, we’re having a baby together and…” Doug gave me a rather pitying look on his face.
“Oh,” he said.
“What’s that supposed to mean?” I asked.
“Nothing,” the manager replied, “Nothing at all. Anything else?” I forced myself to smile and shake my head.
“No,” I said, “I’m good. Sorry to have bothered you.” I bowed and took my exit. I slid the door shut behind me and shook my head. That really got me nowhere.
“J.D.?” I heard someone ask beside me. I lifted my head to see my precious Kimi staring at me. I gave her a rather curious look.
“Yeah?” I asked. She looked rather worried about something.
“What’s the matter?” I asked. My manager took slow steps towards me.
“I heard that you’ve been asking things about me and my personal life,” she said. I looked at her with a worried face of my own.
“Yes,” I answered her.
“May I ask why?” she inquired of me. I broke down and clenched my fists.
“I don’t know anything about you,” I admitted. I saw the hurt overflowing in her eyes.
“Don’t you trust me?” she asked.
“How can I?” I asked, “You won’t tell me anything about yourself. Do you have any family? Where are you from? What do you like? What don’t you like? Please tell me something about yourself!” I expected her to get mad at me, but instead she rushed forward and hugged me around the waist. She looked me straight in the eye in desperation.
“Please trust me,” my girlfriend begged, “I’m not trying to hide anything from you. I just… I just…” She shook her head as she broke down. I turned her face to mine as I frowned at her.
“Then why won’t you tell me things that are easier on yourself?” I asked. Kimi gave me a dry sob.
“Please be patient with me?” she asked in a small voice. I placed my hand on her lower back.
“Only if you promise to tell me the truth about yourself,” I said. Kimi pressed her lips together and nodded.
“Okay,” she said softly. I rested my chin on top of her head. I would have no idea just why she tried to hide everything from me.
Love is So Hard to Trust