Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Gakt ❯ Love Can’t Save You ( Chapter 8 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Love Can't Save You:
When Gakt and Meri weren't drinking or smoking, they were fighting. The couple had been arguing more often. Everyone in Gakt's apartment could hit them fighting almost every day. Meri couldn't understand it. They were so happy at first. But into one month, they started to become just like Tina and Ike Turner. Each night ended with a shouting match. Meri would sit on the bathroom floor crying herself to sleep.
However, the morning would by a little better. Gakt would knock on the bathroom door politely. Meri was always woken up by him. She turns to the door.
“Baby,” Gakt would say to her. “I'm sorry for last night. I just want to make it up to you somehow. Please talk to me.” And just like that, Meri would believe him. He had seduced her with his deceitful words. The girl would get up and open the bathroom door. And just like that, Gakt and Meri would kiss and make up. However, that would always turn out another false hope.
The hours at school were so fragile. Anything could snap at any moment. Meri tried her best to be good to him. But no how hard she tried, the poor soul would always screw up in some way. Then, the couple would go back to arguing all over again. It was all just a sham cycle really. Still, Meri was actually lucky. All Gakt did was yell and cuss her out. His favorite names for her were “Bitch,” “Whore,” “Slut,” and “Trashy slut.” Meri took it all with a red face of embarrassment. “Well, at least he's not physically hurting me.” she would think to herself in the long run. Sadly, that was about to change one late night on November tenth.
Meri came home late that night because she was tutoring a student that was behind in math. All the girl wanted was a bath and to go to bed. Her plans were about to change.
Meri made it into the kitchen as quietly as possible. Just a few more steps…
“Where have you been?” a voice snapped to her. Meri froze up in great fear. She turned her head to the kitchen table. Gakt was sitting there waiting for her. An icy stare was locked into his eyes at her. The moonlight from the window made him look more intimidating. Meri found herself trembling all over.
“I was out tutoring!” she said to him quickly. That answer never works with Gakt. Anger flashed in his eyes like lighting.
“And what time do I expect you to come home?” he questioned sharply. Meri felt herself shrinking all over again. Here it came again. Another storm was on its way. A nasty one at that. Meri was trapped now.
“Seven,” she replied in a trembling voice.
“And what time is it now?” he owner hissed.
“Nine!” the doll called. Gakt stood up in growing rage. Meri shrank even more. He was standing over her now.
“IS THAT SO DIFFICULT FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND, YOU STUPID BITCH?!?” the devil yelled in her face.
“What am I supposed to do?” Meri asked him quickly.”I tried to get earlier hours but they were taken!”
“That's still no excuse!” he shot back. “I expect you back here at home exactly at seven o'clock—not later than that!”
“I'm sorry!” Meri shot back. “But there are things that I can't control no matter how much I want to!” Gakt didn't want to hear any of it at all. Then, the fighting began once again. Gakt and Meri were screaming at each other violently just like last night. Only, Gakt was seeing blood tonight. Anything could snap at any moment.
“You're always breathing down my neck and watching my every move!” Meri shouted at last. “Why don't you just trust me, you arrogant bastard?!?” Uh oh! Something was going to snap at any moment from there. Then suddenly… SLAP! Gakt had slapped his doll right across the face. So hard that Meri almost fell back straight to the floor. The doll at him in shock. Gakt practically stared at her breathing fire with hate in his eyes. Meri stared at him in terror. Gakt hat never hit her before while they were dating. This really scared her this time. Meri fled to the bathroom and locked herself inside. Gakt pounded on the door like a madman.
“Open this goddamn door, you bitch!” he yelled out. Meri just sat on the bathroom floor crying. It was always the same. Only tonight was worse.
By morning, Gakt was knocking on the bathroom door again. His doll awoke as if on cue. She looked over at the door. Here came the repeating cycle. It's always the same.
“Baby,” Gakt spoke up. “I want to talk.” Meri covered her ears whimpering.
“I don't want to hear i1” she yelled out. But, the devil wouldn't quit. He had that much power over her. This battle would easy.
“Look,” he said. “I just want to say I was sorry for hitting you. I was angry and not thinking.” Meri slowly lowered her hands from her ears. She turned to the door slowly. This was another lie of course. But, she still bought it.
“You really mean it?” the poor doll asked him.
“Yeah!” Gakt replied. A heavy pause dropped in on them. “So what do you say?” the devil asked. The bathroom door opened wide. Meri looked at Gakt with tearful eyes. She hugged him closely.
“I love you baby!” she whispered loudly. “I will always love you!” Gakt hugged her back in fake sympathy. He had almost broken down the doll. Just a few more steps and would have her mind. Thus, starting the whole cruel and vicious cycle all over again for another day. Only this time, worse than before.
Love is Just a Bloodsport