Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Gakt ❯ Love Mocks ( Chapter 9 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Love Mocks:
Times between Gakt and Meri weren't always malicious or destructive. There were times of wonder. But those were very rare and far in between. Plus, a motive always came attached to it. Sometimes it would be small. Other times, the motive would be huge! Today was a biggie.
It all started with a little boat trip. The devil convinced the doll to play hookie today. She of course wasn't too sure about that idea at first.
“I really need to be in school,” she said uneasily. Gakt squeezed her hand tightly.
“Don't worry babe,” he said to her sweetly. “You work really hard and you could really use a break today. You deserve on too.” His toy thought about that for a moment. Then, she nodded.
“I suppose you're right…” Meri said at last. Gakt smiled at her wickedly. He put his arm around her lightly.
“There you see?” he asked. “It'll be fun!” Meri nodded a little bit. Gakt kissed her on the forehead. Here began the little wonder of love.
The couple made it to the harbor at ten o'clock. Meri had on a pair of worn old jeans and a black hoodie. Her sneakers were just as worn as her jeans. Gakt had on his usual wear. They made it up to the ticket booth. The devil paid for both tickets. The lady at the window didn't question them at all. She just took the money and gave them the tickets. Gakt and Meri boarded a boat and sailed to another small island off of the coast of Japan.
As they approached day land, a storm crept in. Meri had a bad feeling about the weather today when she saw the heavy black clouds in the sky. She wanted to try and call off the trip. But, she knew that Gakt wouldn't listen to her at all. The only thing she could do was go along with the plan. He was in a good mood lately, why mess it up?
Meri followed close behind Gakt on the beach the whole time. Lighting flashed loudly in the sky. Meri crowded in fear.
“Gakt!” she cried. “Don't you think we should go back?”
“No!” her boyfriend yelled.
“But it's getting worse!” she cried as the rain and wind became heavier.
“Shut up and come on!” Gakt shot back. Meri did so in silence. The storm got heavier as the couple took each step. The devil took his doll up to the observation tower. Gakt dragged her all the way to the top. They came outside to the railing. Meri was still confused.
“I don't get it,” she said. “Why are we here?” Gakt turned to his doll with a wicked smile.
“Look out!” he called. Meri turned her attention to the view. The rain poured through the heavy black clouds. Lighting flashed heavily in the sky. The first bolt scared her almost to death. The poor girl trembled all over in fear. Gakt held her hand tightly.
“It's okay,” he whispered. “Just watch the sky.” Meri tried to calm down and keep watching. After a few shocks of lighting in a few minutes, Meri's fear subsided. Something else took its place. Delight took over her mind.
“Wow!” she cried out amazed. Gakt smiled at her boldly.
“You like it?” he asked. Meri nodded in amazement.
“Yes!” she cried out loud. Gakt smiled at her still.
“I come out here when I need to get away,” he replied. “Such a mind-blowing thing to see, wouldn't you agree?”
“Yes!” Meri said again. Gakt took her other hand. His doll looked at him right away. Here came the clincher.
“I could show you so much more!” he told her. Meri looked right at him that grip. He wanted something again. She braced herself for whatever it was. Gakt looked deep into her eyes.
“Meri,” he said. “Come away with me to California!” Meri looked at him surprised.
“What?” she asked. “But Gakt, that seems to sudden…” He lightly put his finger over her lips. Meri went quiet at his touch. Gakt smiled at her still.
“Not right away,” he said. “This summer when school lets out. Okay?” Meri nodded at that one.
“Okay,” she said as if under his spell. “I'll go with you to California.” Gakt smiled at her coldly. He kissed her on the lips.
“Good girl,” the devil whispered to her. “You are always one of the good ones.” Meri didn't understand him at all on that one. But, she went along with it like usual. Just like the doll she was becoming. The couple turned back to the lighting storm outside. Lighting was deadly, but yet filled with amazing powerful wonder.
Love is Just a Bloodsport