Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Gentleman's Club ❯ Vol. Three, Chap. Five: Doctor Confessions ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Doctor Confessions
It's Wednesday today. Jewel hates Wednesday mornings. He and Kim had therapy at ten a.m. Bleh, therapy. Why do we even do this anymore?, he thought. He doubted that his wife knew the answer herself.
This ritual started two years ago. Back when they cared enough to make their marriage work to humor their parents. But now, even their parents stopped caring. So, what was the point?
Jewel clenched his teeth at the sound of the clock ticking in the background. His hands curled up into fists.
“Why are---?” he started to ask.
“Shhh!” Kim hissed.
“But…”
“Shhh!”
He opened his mouth again, but she shushed him. Jewel sat back, frowning. Geez, you don't have to be such a nun in this hellhole. He looked up at the ceiling. When's the damn doctor getting in?
Suddenly, the door slid open. Husband and wife looked up to see the psychiatrist walking in. He looked to be about forty years old with some wise age piled onto him. He looked causal today in his jeans and black turtleneck. Jewel sneered at him in his head. Even he sees no hope in us anymore, he thought. The doc took his seat in front of the couple.
“Good morning, Yang-san,” he said.
“Morning Shimamoto-san,” the couple mumbled. The doc set down his notes.
“Shall we begin?” he asked. Jewel rolled his eyes. Like we have a choice!, he thought.
“Yeah, yeah,” he said. Kim placed her hands on her lap.
“I want a divorce,” she announced. Jewel looked over at her.
“Oh really?” he asked.
“You do?” the psychiatrist asked.
“Yes!” Kim blurted out.
Jewel sat back on the sofa. “Go on, tell him! Tell him all about it!”
Shimamoto-san stared at her. “Why do you want a divorce, Yang-san?”
Kim clenched her fists. “I can't stand Jewel anymore!”
“Yes, tell him everything!” Jewel cut in.
The psychiatrist picked up his pen. “Why is that?”
Kim took in a hard breath. “He's boring!”
Jewel rolled his eyes again. Here we go!
“He's pathetic!”
Okay…
“He's lousy in bed.”
Okay…
“He's needy.”
What? Jewel quickly lifted his head. “Needy? Me?”
“Yes!”
“I am not!”
“Yes, you are!”
“And what about you?”
“What about me?”
“You're a bitch! Controlling, hateful, and you've slept with all of my friends!”
“You're damn right I have!”
“So you do admit it!”
“Hell yeah!”
“Slut!”
“Well if you put out more…”
Jewel snorted at her. “For your information, I do!”
“Oh really?”
“Yeah!”
“With who?”
Jewel sat back, smirking. “Bianca. You wouldn't know her.”
Kim choked back a laugh. “She's probably fucking you out of pity!”
“And what about you?”
“What about me?”
“You're having an affair with a seventeen-year-old boy!”
Kim whipped around to him. “That's a lie!”
“Oh yeah, what about your little chats with him around midnight?!?”
Her face flushed fiery red. “You were spying on my Facebook account?!?”
“You damn right I was! I don't trust you anymore!”
“Why outta…!”
Shimamoto-san quickly held up his hand. “Quiet, both of you!” The couple looked up at him with sharp eyes.
“SHUT UP!!!” they yelled at him. The doc gave them hard whistle. Jewel and Kim went quiet with still cold looks in their eyes. Shimamoto-san took in a deep breath and sighed.
“This therapy together is not working,” he said.
“What gave that one away, genius?!?” Jewel snapped.
“Please be quiet,” the doc said. The man complied with a sneer.
“Anyway,” the psychiatrist said. “From now, we will all do this separately. You will each come in every other week alone to talk to me. Are there any objections?” The couple smiled for once since this pointless charade started.
“No,” Kim said. Jewel shrugged at him.
“Whatever,” he said. Shimamoto-san took another breath.
“Okay,” he said. “You both can go. Just go home. Go!” The couple looked on at him.
“Alright…” Jewel said. “Thanks.” The couple stood up and walked out the door. Shimamoto-san breathed out heavily.
Oh boy…, he thought. Maybe this could help with the peace for sure.
Hostility and War