Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Gentleman's Club ❯ Vol. Six, Chap. Eleven: Rain Blues ( Chapter 11 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Rain Blues
What exactly is innocence? Serenity had lost all notion of that when she was thirteen. No, not in that way, at least not yet. She had lost her parents at that age. First, went her father. This broke her into little pieces because he was so close and dear to her. Everyone called her “Daddy’s Little Girl” because of it. When he died, that little light within her as well. However, it slowly grew worse from there.
At the funeral, her mother met a new man and they were shortly married after that. The step-father and Serenity never got along. In fact, he saw her as an obstacle between her mother and the new plans that he had for the family. He tried to push the girl out of the picture, but she always fought back. In order to get the upper hand over her, the man tried to use her younger brother as his personal pawn. But then, they both lost.
Just days before her birthday, Serenity’s mother died. Most of her money went to pay off her debts that her late husband left behind. When the step-father found out, he was pissed off. The man took out his rage on her little brother. It only took one time before Serenity packed up and ran away with her little brother. Things just got harder from there.
First, they needed money. Serenity was still in school at the time. She didn’t have enough experience in the world to find work. She refused to ask her step-father for money.
“I’d rather die than to be at his mercy!” she sworn to herself. Plus add a child onto that and it just didn’t really work in her favor. Yet, she wouldn’t give up. She wanted to give her little brother a better life.
However, she’s hit another problem.
Her younger brother had been getting into quite a lot of trouble lately. He already had been in juvenile detention. She even had to bail him out a couple of times. His sister found herself at a dead end.
“That boy!” she said aloud. “Oh, that boy! I don’t know what to do with him.” They have told her to take him to a better place for care, but Serenity has passionately refused.
“I can’t do that,” she said. “I won’t let him go back to that monster!” So, the brother stays in the apartment with her. He hates it, but where else can he go?
It’s raining tonight. Serenity always has to get off of work early for her brother’s sake. She can’t really trust him alone. Last time, three drug dealers came around their door, demanding their money for pot. Serenity had to call the police to chase them away. Her brother managed to get off with a warning that time. The stripper swore to herself that there would not be another next time.
“He’s going to do the right thing this time,” she told herself.
Her phone rang tonight. Serenity reached into her purse and pulled it out.
“Hello?” she asked when she answered it.
“Baby Blue,” a man said on the other line. Her heart did a little flutter.
“Miki?” Serenity asked.
“I missed you last night,” her secret boyfriend said.
“I had to work, baby!” she said.
“Speaking of which,” he said. “When can I come by and see where you work?” Serenity paused for a long moment.
“Uh… why?” she asked.
“I’m just curious,” her boyfriend said. “You never seem available these days.” His girlfriend nervously chuckled.
“I’ll show it to you soon,” she lied.
“When?” he asked.
“I will let you know,” she lied again.
“You always do this to me.”
“I really mean it this time.”
“Promise?”
Serenity breathed out and nodded. “I promise this time!”
“You mean it?” her boyfriend asked.
“Yes!” she insisted. The man on the other line laughed.
“Okay, okay,” he said. “Speaking of which, are you available on Saturday?” Serenity crossed the street while she thought about that.
“Sure, why?” she asked.
“I figured that we could go out on a date or something,” he said. Serenity giggled.
“Ever the romantic, huh?” she asked. “But you do even have the time to take out of your med school training?”
“The guys will manage without me,” he said.
“I don’t want you to fail your classes,” I said.
“I’ll be fine,” he insisted.
“You’ve already missed three classes,” she said. “If you miss anymore, you’ll flunk out.”
“I’ll be fine. Trust me, I will!” he said. “My grades are at the top of the class.”
“Okay, okay,” she said “I believe you. Just don’t screw up your future because of me.”
“I won’t,” the boyfriend insisted. “So, what do you say about our date then?” His girlfriend just smiled to herself.
“Fine,” she said. “Whatever you like.”
“Sweet!” he said. “I’ll pick you up at noon. Okay?” Serenity paused when she came to her apartment. She trembled as she held the phone to her ear.
“Okay?” her secret boyfriend asked. “Is that okay? Hello?”
“I have to go…” the stripper mumbled as she said as saw a black hummer sat parked in the parking lot.
“Baby?” her boyfriend asked as she hung up. Serenity raced all the way up the stairs to her apartment. She unlocked the door and flipped on the lights.
“Katsuya!” the older sister cried. A face that she never wanted to see again from her past turned around to her at the sound of her voice.
I Feel it, it’s Coming