Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Gentleman's Club ❯ Vol. Nineteen, Chap. Thirty-Eight: Time to Move On? ( Chapter 38 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Time to Move On?

“How long are you going to keep up this life?” Sam asked. Sandra turned her head.

“Excuse me?” she asked. Sam brushed the hair away from her forehead.

“You can't keep running the club forever,” he said. “What do you plan to do when it's all over and everyone moves on?”

“I don't think about that.”

“You need to!”

Sandra sighed and rolled her eyes. “Why are you so desperate for me to leave?”

“You are above this!”

“Why do you care so much?”

“Because I love you!”

Sandra tried not laugh. Sam frowned and pouted.

“What?” he asked. “You don't believe me, do you?”

“No, I believe you.”

“But?”

Sandra rolled over onto her stomach. “I like running the club.”

“But what will you do when the girls move on?”

She shrugged, shaking her head. “Find new girls.”

“And then?”

“What are you saying?”

“I think it's time for you to retire.”

Sandra lifted her head. “What?”

“You can't keep doing this forever, you know?”

“Yes.”

“So… why?”

She pushed back her hair from her forehead. “I just love my club.”

“More than me?”

“Don't do this again.”

“I mean it. Who do you love more—that club or me?”

“I'm not going to choose.”

“Well, if you had to…”

“No.”

“But if you had to…”

“No.” Sandra crawled on top of her sometimes lover. “I won't choose no matter how many times you try to make me.” She pressed her finger to his lips when he opened his mouth.

“Ent! I choose for myself when I am ready. Do I make myself clear?” Sandra stared him straight into the eye as Sam's eyes widened as he tried to think of something to say.

“Do I make myself clear?”

He lowered his eyes. “Yes. But…” Sandra lightly covered his mouth.

“No. You do not get the last word this time.” Sandra rolled off of him and lay on her side. “By the way, I know that I can't run the club on forever. I am running as long as I can.”

“And what about your girls?”

“What about them?”

“What will you do with them when you do finally decide to retire?”

“That's their choice. I'll just simply guide them to make the right one.” She drew her eyes closed. Sandra knew that the end was coming, but she was determined to ride out this wave until it hit the shore of retirement.

“Oh and Sam,” she said. Her lover glanced over at her.

“Yes?” he asked.

“Yes.”

“Yes what?”

“I will come with you.”

Sam sat up, gasping. “You mean it?”

“Yes. Just give me more time.” She dozed off before Sam could ask more questions.

Beginning of the End