Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Gentleman's Club ❯ Vol. Twenty-One, Chap. Forty-Two: Sam and Izzie ( Chapter 42 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Sam and Izzie

He sat alone at the bar. Sandra and Izzie watched him from the other side of the bar. The boss turned to the Night Queen.

“You have to be frank with him,” she whispered.

“Will he even take a hint?” Izzie asked.

“You have to try.” Sandra pushed her forward. “Go out there and get `im!” Izzie gave her a strange look before walking over to her man. Sam stared at his glass when he heard footsteps coming up behind him. The old professor turned to see Izzie standing behind inches away.

“Oh, it's you,” he said in a low voice. The dancer sat down next to him.

“Look, I really like you,” she said.

“Excuse me?” Sam asked. Izzie put her arms around the professor.

“Come on,” she said in soft voice. “What will it take for you to notice me?”

“I don't know.”

Izzie pouted. “You are killing me here.”

“I don't know what you want from me.”

“I just want you.” Izzie nuzzled his nape. “Tell me, are you gay?”

Sam whipped around with big eyes. “Of course not!”

“Then help me understand you.”

The professor lowered his eyes. “Would you like to take a walk with me?”

Izzie gave him a strange look. “What for?”

“Please?”

She pushed her blonde hair behind her ears. “Then will you let me in?”

“Yes.”

“Alright.” Izzie followed Sam out of the club.

--------

“Truth is,” the old professor admitted as they walked down the street. “You remind me of my late wife, Sarah.”

“Do I?” Izzie asked. “What was she like?”

“Beautiful, smart, faithful, and full of life.” Sam closed his eyes as if he could see Sarah now.

“So… do you want me to be her?”

“No! No. I like you just the way you are.”

“Then what do you want from me?”

Sam rubbed the back of his head. “I don't really know. I really do like you, but…”

“What?”

The professor tried to fish for something to say, but ended up closing his mouth and shrugging. “I can't really think of anything.”

“So, why not?”

Sam turned his head. “Why not what?” Izzie pulled him into her arms.

“Why not take a chance with me?” she asked. “You can't come up with reasons against it anyway.” She eyed him as he struggled to think of something to say. At last, Sam dropped his shoulders.

“Fine,” he said. Izzie narrowed her eyes at him.

“Say it like you mean it,” she said. She squeezed him in her skinny arms.

“Okay, okay,” Sam said. “I do want to start a relationship with you.” He said all of this with a smile on his face. Izzie loosened her grip when she determined it was a real smile.

“I will accept it,” she said. The dancer rested her head on his chest. “Take me home with you.” Sam looked at her with a blank stare.

“Do you have to work?” he asked. Izzie looked up at him with dreamy eyes.

“Sandra won't mind tonight,” she said. “Neither do I. Just take me now.” Sam couldn't help with but smile.

“You win,” he said. Izzie giggled as he led her back to his place.

Going Home with the Professor