Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Gentleman's Club ❯ Vol. Twenty-Two, Chap. Forty-Three: Project Serenity ( Chapter 43 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Project Serenity

Sandra's next case was Serenity. The boss waited at her desk when the door opened. The baby of the club poked her head in the room.

“You wanted to see me?” she asked.

“Why yes,” Sandra said. “Come in, take a seat.” Serenity walked in with an odd look on her face.

“Is this one of those hook-up meetings?” she asked.

“You heard of my mission?” the boss asked.

“Why are you doing this?”

Sandra put her arms behind her head. “I have my reasons. For now, I am focused on you.”

“So, it's my turn, then? Fine, what do you want to talk about?”

“How is your love life?”

“Good.”

“Who are you with again?”

“Cam. Cam Hill.”

“Ah, I see.”

“Why do you ask?”

Sandra leaned forward. “Why do stay here?”

Serenity pushed her hair behind her ear. “I need the money for my brother and me.”

“Why not get a better job?”

“This is all I know how to do.”

“That can't be all that you can do.”

Serenity narrowed her eyes at her. “Can I ask you something?”

“Sure.”

The young stripper leaned forward, frowning. “Is it true that you are trying to close down the club?”

Sandra about jumped back in her chair, but tried not to show it. “Who told you this?”

“There have been whispers around the club. Why are you trying to close it down?” The dancer raised an eyebrow when she noticed the light pink on her boss' face. “Wait, are you… Oh, this involves a man, doesn't it?”

“Maybe,” Sandra said.

“You're closing the club for a man?”

“It's not like that.”

Serenity folded her arms across her chest. “What about those of us that need the money to help our families?”

“How bad are things at home for you?” the boss asked.

“Don't try to change the subject!”

“Maybe I could help you.”

The young dancer snorted. “How could possibly help me? My step-father and his three lawyers will eat me alive if I go to court. I am screwed.”

Sandra reached out and took her by the hands. “I have a powerful team myself.”

“But what about my job here?”

“I'll help you find a better job.”

Serenity drew back her hands. “I don't mean to sound ugly, but that's just bullshit.”

The boss shrugged her shoulders. “Give me a chance to try. You would be surprised at what I can do.”

The other woman frowned and turned her head. “Fine, if you can get me out of my hell with that bastard, I will happily move on.”

Sandra leaned back in her chair, smiling. “So happy that we could come to an understanding.”

“Yeah, yeah,” Serenity grumbled. I doubt that you could do anything to help me, though.

Coming Battle