Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Gentleman's Club ❯ Vol. Twenty-Two, Chap. Forty-Four: Serenity and Cam ( Chapter 44 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Serenity and Cam

“Something is going on,” Serenity said at the bar. “Mama keeps playing cupid with us.”

“Why would she do that?” Cam asked.

“I don't know. But something isn't right.” She leaned over onto the bar.

“How's your brother?” Cam asked.

“Fine,” Serenity said. “Our step-father is still trying to take him away.”

“So, nothing has changed?”

“Nope.” She ran her finger around the rim of her glass. Cam looked down at his hands. Serenity looked up when her ears could him saying something.

“Hm?” she asked.

“Maybe… I could help you in some way?” Cam offered.

“Why would you do that?” the dancer asked.

“Because I care about you,” he said.

“You are sweet. But, my step-father has three lawyers. We're both broke. He's probably going to use my job as evidence that I am unfit to take care of my brother.”

Cam put his arm around her shoulders. “I will stay by you through this no matter what.” She looked up at him.

“You really are sweet,” Serenity said.

“Excuse me,” a small voice said. The pair looked up to see a dancer a little bit younger than Serenity standing inches away from them.

“Yeah?” Serenity asked. The other dancer began to play with her hands.

“The boss wants to see you in the office,” she said, looking at Cam. The college student gave her a strange look.

“What do they want to see me for?” he asked. He turned to Serenity. She shrugged and shook her head.

“Alright,” he said. Cam followed her to the back.

----------

Sandra sat at her desk, waiting. She looked up when she Cam walked into the office.

“Aw, good you got my message,” Sandra said.

“I'm not in trouble, am I?” he asked.

“Oh, no, no, nothing like that,” she said. “Please, take a seat.” Cam's eyes shifted left and right as he took a seat in front of the desk.

“As you are aware of Serenity's problems, correct?” she asked.

“Yes,” he said. “What about them?” Sandra picked up a bottle of sake and poured himself a glass.

“I need your help to try and fix them,” she said. Cam blinked at her.

“Me?” he asked.

“Yes.”

“But what can I do?”

“Stay by her side. I will use my connections to help her win her case against her step-father. A couple of them will help her find a better job and maybe get her a better education.”

“I don't get it.”

“Get what?”

Cam rubbed the back of his head. “Why do you need my help?” Sandra took a drink of her sake.

“If I tell you, do you promise not to tell anyone until the time is right?” she asked. Cam slowly nodded.

“Okay,” he said. Sandra leaned in close to his ear.

“I am closing down the club by the end of summer,” she confessed. Cam was about to open his mouth when the boss quickly covered it.

“That is all you need to know,” she told him. “Just stay by Serenity's side as I work through her case, okay?” Cam stared at her with big eyes. Something told him that he had no choice but to comply.

“Yes, ma'am,” he said quietly.

“Very good,” Sandra said. “You may go.”

“Thank you,” Cam said. He bowed and walked out the door. Sandra smiled as her plan started to come together. Just three more girls to go.

---------

When Cam returned to the bar, he noticed that Serenity wasn't there. Perplexed, he turned to the bartender.

“Excuse me,” he said. “But did you see where Serenity went?”

“Oh, she went out in the back because she had a phone call,” the bartender said.

“Thanks,” Cam said. He bowed and headed out the back.

The college student had just turned the corner when he heard a woman sobbing. Cam found Serenity crying with her phone in her hand.

“Baby?” he asked as he ran over to her. The dancer looked up as more tears ran down her cheeks.

“Baby, what's wrong?” Cam asked.

“That bastard!” she cried. “He found out where I worked and now he's going to use it as evidence against me! What am I going to do?! I'm so screwed! I knew this would happen, but I didn't have any choice! I had no choice!” Cam pulled her into his arms.

“It's okay,” he whispered. “I won't leave you. I will stay by your side and find this through. You will stay with your brother no matter what. I will see to it myself.” The dancer looked up at him, wide-eyed. She tried to speak, but Cam gently put his finger to her plump lips.

“You will just have to trust me on this,” he whispered. “Do you understand?” Serenity lowered her eyes. Cam looked up at the sky. I hope Sandra knows what she is doing.

Meanwhile, Sandra began to make her calls.

Calling Away the Pain